No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.2 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » Stranger In a Strange land
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
 Author Stranger In a Strange land
NZ-juex16
Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-02-06 22:43   
Theirs been a bit of a snag.

I got a new computer yesterday (so some of my world famous lag will go away) and cheep old micosoft no longer inculdes Word.doc built in and i have to buy it, and well as you can guess i can't afford to buy it and i can't use my old computer cause it's now my brothers.

Any saloutions?

U.W.S Melborne

I.S.S Achilles

Author of Stanger in a Strange land.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-06 22:52   
Quote:

On 2011-02-06 22:43, NZ-juex16 wrote:
Theirs been a bit of a snag.

I got a new computer yesterday (so some of my world famous lag will go away) and cheep old micosoft no longer inculdes Word.doc built in and i have to buy it, and well as you can guess i can't afford to buy it and i can't use my old computer cause it's now my brothers.

Any saloutions?

Use Wordpad? lulz

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-02-06 23:38   
AbiWord, OpenOffice/LibreOffice/StarOffice, Google Docs, Zoho Writer, KOffice.....

NZ-juex16
Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-02-07 02:38   
Thanks Doran.

right after i wrote that post i found the free openoffice (thanks Java update) but it's 150MB and i have to wait till the end of the internet usage month before i'll get it. (my internet data cap resets on the 15th of each month)

Thanks.

U.W.S Melborne

I.S.S Achilles

NZ-juex16
Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-02-17 01:10   
Well! it's finally here mightly Chapter 11! i am sorry for delay after delay but school is back for the year and i cannot find time to type as much as i want.

So sadly chapters will be monthly from now on, i am sorry for this, they also may decrease slighty in size from the standard 25-35 page lengh down to 20 or less.

Enjoy!

Chapter 11

“It’s Raining again” Said a man with a English accent.

“I was lead to believe it didn’t rain in the North Island” Said Juex

“Real funny”

The Van they were began moving. As the driver let the clutch go he stalled the van. Everyone inside laughed.

“Stalled it!” yelled someone.

“Oh shut up” replied the driver “I’m still getting use to it”

The driver restarted the engine and put it into 1st gear. He slowly began releasing clutch while at the same time adding Power (this is how you take off in a Manual transmission vehicle) as he did this the wheels spun three rotations.

“Oh bit of a wheel spin there” Said the driver.

“So that’s what you call a burnout in the Burnout in the North Island” Said Juex.

Everyone in the back seat laughed.

The Driver looked in his rear view Mirror at Juex.

“Though you guys only drove Massey Ferguson’s down there?” asked the driver.

“Not all of us drive them…….some of us drive John Deer’s” replied Juex with a large Smile.

Everybody in the Van laughed. The driver didn’t bother Relying he knew he had lost.

“So we doing this or what?” asked the person sitting in the passenger seat.

“Yep” replied Juex

“There already waiting for us at the hangers we just got to rack up now and prepare for lunch”

“Well then…..lets get rolling.
The Driver turned round a curve, he sped up to the legal speed limit of 70kmph but for long as the turn off to the air field they were heading for was Waipukurau Aerodrome a local glider club airfield.
On the surface it looks like any other small town airfield. Few hangers for the gliders and there tow planes, another three for the local aero clubs aircraft and another set for the Fletcher Crop dusters owned by a local Farmer.

But that was only on the surface. Like any Parisian building it held more then was seen on the surface because this was not just a glider club but the Headquarters for the Parisian movement in the North Island as well as this is was also the only Airbase operated by the Rebels. Under the ‘Hangers’ were well….more hangers but these had not gliders and crop dusters, but Jet fighters and there ammo stores as well as living quarters for the ground crews and local troops/guards.
The Aircraft they fielded weren’t great by any standards but they served there purpose only one mission has every been carried by a Parisian aircraft and it resulted in the death of the four man crew on board. As well as there loss they also lost the only other pilots in the whole movement, so this also counted as there pilot training under the cover that there learning how to fly gliders.

They pulled into the airfield and slowed to drive over the cattle stop (a series of steel bars with gaps that’s stops cattle from exited though but allows cars to drive over)

“Stop pull over here” said Juex.

The Van pulled over and Juex reached into what little room was in the boot and found some flowers he exited and place them by a small cinder block memorial. It was for a Student and her Instructor who crashed and died in 1997. Soon all from the van exited and stood with there heads down in a minute’s silence.

“Right lets go Fly!”

“Exiting FTL in T minus 1 minute!”

“Roger thank you” replied Shadowalker.

J Fleet was unlike like any fleet anywhere in the known Universe. It had a ship from every known Faction. This uniqueness also made it a target. This was because of the fact it did have a ship from every faction, because if an ICC ship saw either the K’luth, Pirate or UGTO ships it would fire upon them without hesitation even perhaps firing on the ICC ships also believing they had defected and now were traitors working for the Alien scum or the Imperlist UGTO either way they could not be seen by anybody.

So since they could not be seen, they wouldn’t use the inter-system gates this made them use the Tachyon (or Anti-matter) drives between systems making the trip un needlessly long compared to modern standards for travel between solar and Constellations. And it was also a heavy drain on the poor drives themselves.

“Sir exiting in three! Two! One!, Sir we’re clear!”

But they were nothing but though the woods. Everyone on the bridge and indeed everyone with a window steered blankly directly ahead. Admiral Shadowalker stood up, mouth wide open causing his cigar to drop out of his mouth.

Because staring them right in the face was something they’d never seen before. It was massive, easily dwarfing there own ships or the biggest ship currently built. It was like time stood still for those three seconds.

“Evasive action! Sound general quarters!, Comm tell the other ships the same!”

“Aye Captain!” yelled back the two officers.

There was a flash and a trail of weapon fire could be seen coming from the strange ship. Shadowalker watched as it hit the CSS NEPOBEMIMYI obliterating it into space dust. It soon set its eyes on the PENNATH ADOR.

“Sir we’ve lost the Invincible!”

“It’s not very invincible then is it” thought Shadowalker.

“Turn left head two-seven-four full speed ahead!”

“Aye Captain!”

Another Volley was fired by the Mysteries ship. It wised past the port side of the U.W.S Ajax one stray ball then clipped the side of the engine booster of the CSS Void going though the shield and taking the entire amour including the inner hull clean off leaving it hanging by fuel and power cables.

“Holy crap!” Yelled Shadowalker. “Fire everything!”

Their was no response from the Weapons Officer. Their was no need too as the ships load of Torpedoes, Cannons, Missiles and lasers were clearly seen on the bridges view port. Soon the other ships in the fleet also fired on the strange ship a mixture of blue and orange torpedoes, blue cannon fire and a horde of missiles barreled down onto the unknown ship.
All hit there target bang on all hitting with 5 meters of each other creating a weak point in the shield to aim for. But with all those weapons that they fired. They did little to no damage what so ever on the hostile ship.

“You sure your reading that right Commander?!?” yelled Shadowalker

“Yes Sir! I’m positive!”

“Keep firing everything you have Commander!”

“Aye sir”

“Helm Take Manual control and try to dodge that weapon fire!”

“Comm! Order all ships too jump straight to Fartsey when or if they have a chance!”

“Aye Sir message away!”

“Helm don’t jump till we know the others have!”

“Aye sir!”

J Fleet was doing its best against this trynit of a ship but they were only frigates and cruisers and could not do much. Although they’d never trained or fought together all ships assumed there natural tactics with K’luth and UGTO ships pounding from short range and ICC ships hitting from long range with the pirate ships somewhere in the middle of them. The Fleet didn’t follow orders and were staying and fighting this machine, but soon they were taking hits and the Frigates including the K’luth ship jumped to Fartsey. This left the Destroyers and Cruisers.

The U.W.S Ajax fired a broadside volley of torpedoes at the hostile ship and all hit the gap in the hostile ships Shields, Larna on the CSS Void saw her chance, if they can’t kill this ship…at least they should take a piece of it.
She ordered the Helm to full speed and for the Gunboat destroyers to cover her on her flanks as she sped in.

As they all got closers she quickly ordered the Invincible to fire all she had on the gap. The torpedoes struck the gap hitting directly into the unknown ships hull, this caused a massive piece of the hull to bust out into space she ordered all the hanger bay doors opened.

There was a thud as the ship struck the piece of hull, which was a bit bigger than the hanger doors, and as a result it got lodged in the door arch. There was more than a few swear words yelled out by the hanger bay staff.

As soon as the Void was clear the U.W.S Ajax, Pennath Ador, Te Mana and Te Kaha sped behind and all fire everything they had into the open part of the hull and quickly broke formation to get clear of the blast sure to come.
But the blast never came. Instead the unknown ship jumped into FTL.

“What the?” said Shadowalker.

“Sir what the hell happened back there” It was Amy, from the U.W.S Te Mana, Admiral Juex’s old ship.

“I wouldn’t know” he replied.

“Well we’ll soon find out” This time it was Larna from the CSS Void.

“How would that be?” Ask the Admiral.

“Cause I have a piece of the dam thing” she replied.

The Elevator winded and moaned as Juex pushed the call button.
He entered and rode it down to the flight ops room and went to the changing rooms. Their he grabbed a flight suit and then made his way to the tactical air operations room adjacent the flight ops room. Inside were maps galore with highly detailed maps of the surrounding area all over the walls. They had marks, flight plans and targets all draw on with red tape. Juex grabbed a set of Velcro patches to put onto flight suit. One roundel with ‘14SQN RNZAF AERMACCHI’ stitched in white and an Aermacchi jet sewed on above the text which he put on the breast patch next came the squadron crown patch normal for commonwealth nations for their air force squadrons .

“What’s happening?” Juex asked a person leaning over a map.

“Plotting our mission flight plan” “No, correction more thinking of where we could attack, something bold that will hit into their hearts”
Juex thought for a bit and leaned over the map on the opposite side of the table which the other officer was looking over the map.

Juex identified the man as Squadron Leader Raymond McDonald new commanding officer of the reformed 14SQN which had quickly reformed when the attacks began around the world.

14SQN flew the RNZAF’s Aermacchi MB-339CB Jet trainers delivered between 1991-1993 and were the last jet trainers for the RNZAF as the whole fast jet squadrons were disbanded in 2001.

The Jets were highly capable aircraft and were far superior then other aircraft like it such as the French Alpha jet or the Soviet L-39 it could fly longer, higher, faster, and carry more weapons the any plane like it was a truly great aircraft.

The entire attachment of aircraft as well as arms and ground crews quickly saw that regular forces had no hope and they went underground with the first of the partisans. At first they were crammed in the hangers while the gliders were picketed outside.

“Just nothing around worth using the Jets with” Raymond said.
Juex sorted though a set of maps under the one under the table.
He soon found what he was looking for.

“I think will be bold enough don’t you?” asked Juex pointing at a point on the map.”

Raymond pulled the map towards himself. And looked and read at what Juex pointed at. His eyes widened.

“You’re crazy; this will bring mass repercussions all over the nation, if not the world!” he cried.

“Squadron leader!” Juex yelled “We are not here to make friends! We are here to kill! We are here to rid our once beautiful and glories nation of this evil invader who is trespassing on our land! We are not here to be careful but to be BOLD! And unpredictable! Though that! We will gain the victory we long deserve. Not though foreseen tactics and mere hit and run attacks.”

Raymond stood stunned he’d never seen nor heard Juex Yell at someone like this.

“Very well, what ideas do you have.”

Juex and Raymond discussed Ideas, weapons layout and overall formation and flight plan to their destination.

“Then it is decided” Said Raymond. “We attack at Dusk”
“It is, and now I shall inform the flight crews personally, I think they’d be egar to hear the information I have for them.”

“Sir” replied Raymond.

Juex informed the Adjutant that all Flight crews be gear up and in the briefing room in 20 minutes.

Seeing everyone formed and in the briefing room both Juex and Raymond made their way in with their maps and briefing stuff.
Juex pined the map on the wall, while Raymond began the brief.

“Gentlemen….and lady” started Raymond, the lady he referred too was the units only fast Jet pilot, Amta, Call sign Kakpo one.

“What you see here before your eye now is our first mission, which has been chosen for its show of the trespassers will on our people, Juex here will now fully brief you on your mission.”

“Right what is before you now is the a map, on it is our flight plan.” “As you see we take off from this location at 1645 hours. This should give enough time to take off fly to and back under darkness.”

“Today’s Target, is the Beehive parliament building for the former New Zealand governments it now is the headquarters for the occupation regime.”

“But not also will this be a air attack, but a full blow raid, as seen here with these arrows. I have had contact with local Partisans and they have agreed to mount a ground attack following the first boom drop.”

“Again to add further I have organised other units though out the country to mount similar attacks on mutable former government buildings now housing the occupying politicians, this will not be a uprising but a mere message to the invaders that they are not safe…..not matter where or who they are. They will be hunted down and killed.”

“We will fly partly down the east coast here…” Juex used a laser point to show their route over the coast. We will then turn though here and take formation. From here will also climb up to 39,000 feet and assume combat formation.”

“Kakpo flight will then brake formation here.” Juex said pointing at a point just short of the Wellington city boundaries. “they then will dive bomb all AAA batteries and SAM’s which could cause us a bit of a problem if not sorted first, you will then pull back behind Mitre Flight and provide cover for them on there bombing runs.”

“Mitre Flight will then dive down to 1,000FT and do a low level bombing of the parliamentary land defences whiles Swift and Tui flight’s will descend and follow and provide close air support of the land forces attack from the west.”

“Finally Hotshot flight will circle and fly needed or as directed, you will also cover our exit should head south”

Everyone sat there. Stunned at what they had been told. They weren’t stunned but more like completely over whelmed at what had been disclosed to them. Their brains couldn’t process the information fast enough. And they were all fighter pilots!

“To note. Enemy resistance will be fierce for our ground forces so we must succeed in our objectives in order for them to succeed in theirs. Anti-air fire is expected to moderate but that could change if we do not take out the AAA batteries. We may also expect fighter aircraft deploying from former RNZAF Ohakea if we do not move quickly”

“That is all now gentlemen, prepare yourselves for the up and coming battle, because we fly out in three hours. Dismissed”

“Roger turn left heading two-four niner” replied the Helmsmen

Shadowalker swung his command chair around to face the helmsman.
Shadowalker still had his aviator sunglasses and cigar and now had a straw cowboy hat on.

“Roger, Comm request permission for the fleet to dock”

“Aye sir, messaging for permission to dock now”

“Weapons, keep your finger on the trigger, this could go hot any second”

“Aye sir finger on the trigger”

“And for the love of god man don’t cough and fire the weapons my mistake, cause that would really ruin my day” Said Shadowalker.

“haha Aye sir”

“SIR! Incoming message!”

“Put it on the big screen”

“Aye Sir”

Shadowalker Looked over himself checking nothing was out of place.

“Crap!” he cursed.

He’d left his UGTO name badge attached to his flight suit. He quickly fumbled and ripped it off and put it in his pocket.

Just afterwards Admiral Lazurkri appeared on the visual intercom.

“Who the hell are you!” he said.

“Um yes. I’m Admiral Shadowalker I’m replacing Marshal Juex for the time being as commander of this fleet for the time being”

“And why is this?” ask Lazurkri

“Arr well sadly Marshal Juex is in hospital in a deep coma and command asked me to replace him till a more suitable Fleet commander is found.

“Oh oh my that’s horrible please send my condolences to his family”

“Yes I will, thank you”

“Am I to assume that you know what to happening between our factions?”

“Yes I’ve been fully briefed”

“Wonderful, there had been a slight change of plans. You are now to divert
to the Epsilon Eri Gate here in the Tau Ceti system, we will be waiting”

“Aye Admiral, see you when we get their….Oh and there is one thing
Admiral. We have a K’luth Beck Frigate present so please do not fire on it”

“Um ok I’ll inform the ship Captains, Lazurkri Out”

“Well you heard the man order all ships to divert to the gate, move to
orange alert and prepare for action”

“Aye Sir carrying out orders!”

Larna come onto the large intercom screen.

“Admiral I can’t go into action with the battle damage I have”

“Thought as much, fly point behind the fleet and take the remaining pirate frigates as escorts”

“Aye sir taking rear point”

“Helm jump when the Void is in position”

“Aye sir waiting”

Five minutes past.

“Sir Void is reporting she is in position and we’re ready to jump on you command”

“Aye jump in three….two………..one”

J fleet bust out of FTL to a awaiting ICC Combat fleet.

The U.W.S Pennath Ador flew ‘point’ otherwise known as leading the pack. To their behind and left flew the U.W.S Ajax.
100GU behind the U.W.S Te Mana flew the escort Point and all others simply fanned out in a filling in ‘V’ formation.

The Pennath Ador flew too 120GU from the nearest Capital Ship and stopped dead.

“This is the closest I’ve been to a ICC ship without it shooting at me” Said Shadowalker.

“What about the C.S.S Void sir?” ask the Ships Chief Warrant Officer.

“She doesn’t count, they defected”

“Arr yes true sir, then I would have to agree with you, and the whole ship’s crew as well….haha”

“Haha”

Vice-Admiral Lazurkri popped once again on the view screen.

“Welcome, this is the 7th battle group of the ICC 1st fleet which I command, and we will be joining in on this ‘attack’ you have on local K’luth forces”

“Ok admiral order your ships to fill the gaps in our current formation, Capital ships are to be at least 80GU from each other and the escort ships are to cover the ship nearest there left”

“Roger I’ve sent the order, we’re moving into position now”
It took 30 minutes for the 7th battle group to take formation, Admiral Lazurkri was kind enough to have a Heavy cruiser and it’s escort Destroyer stay behind with the C.S.S Void while the rest of the now named 7th ‘J’ combined battle group began to take up position outside the gate.

“So what happens here Admiral?” Asked Lazurkri

“We will first send the Beck frigate though the gate under cloak to see if
anything hostile is on the other side, if not we will move though and retake battle formation and proceed”

“Simple enough we will follow”

“Roger”

They kept the line online as both watched the K’luth ship cloak and
proceed through the gate.

It reported no ships, allowing for formation to be taken.
Shadowalker nodded to Lazurkri and all ships began moving slowly towards the point where they would all have to go through single filed though.

“Umm Sir you might want to look at this!” cried out Lazurkri’s Sensor operator.

“Yes what is it he replied”

“We’re picking up heavy Anti-matter readings from all around us!”

“Are you sure?..”

“Yes sir! The readings are off the chart”

“Admiral Shadowalker are you seeing this?”

“Yes I……”

Something caught Shadowalker’s eye, he looked up.

“Oh crap” he muttered

Steering the entire fleet down was, well another fleet but it was K’luth…..lots of them, and they had surrounded the 7th battle group.
Every second ship was a K’luth Dreadnaught and in between was Very large cruisers all point at them, but not firing.

“Well Admiral you wanted to see how we worked…..now your guna see first-hand and with you pulling the trigger”

Before Lazurkri could speak, there was a large flash from the front of all the K’luth ships, they were firing there weapons.

All hell just broke loose……..

U.W.S Melborne

I.S.S Achilles

-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-02-17 10:56   
:-()
[ This Message was edited by: -Shadowalker-™ on 2011-02-17 10:57 ]

Email -Shadowalker-™
Admiral C. Wilson
Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-17 17:12   
This is AWSOME!!!

Email Admiral C. Wilson
tucker32
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-17 23:55   
I am stunned and thrilled sadly next one is not gonna come out for a while

NZ-juex16
Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-02-25 00:49   
Sorry for the false alert.

I'd like to report i'm fine as Christchurch (where the earthquake struck) is 720KM north of my town.

I'm around halfway though the chapter but again it's hard to keep focus with all the earthquake news going round, and with another larger one on the falut line that runs near my town as well as floods at the same time predicted it's a bit of a worry.

I'll do my best to have chap 12 out by march 10 or so

peace

[ This Message was edited by: NZ-juex16 on 2011-02-25 01:46 ]

U.W.S Melborne

I.S.S Achilles

MaGoo
Fleet Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-02-25 18:33   
I have a request to be put in

NZ-juex16
Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-02-25 21:43   
Done.

U.W.S Melborne

I.S.S Achilles

NZ-juex16
Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-03-10 01:57   
Not the longest but i've been feeling sick latly, sorry.

Dw for MaGoo i'll add you later.

Chapter 12.

Silence. Beautiful silence.

Shadowalker Groaned and tried to open his eyes.

His Vision was blurry but he could tell that he wasn’t sitting but floating.
He Rubbed his eyes and they soon started zooming back into normal view. He turned his head around. Debris and body’s floated around the bridge, he didn’t know who was alive or dead.

He pulled himself to one of engineering consoles and searched around for the artificial gravity lever, he found what was left of it and fumbled with it till it slid into the 1G slot.

He fell hit the floor face first.

“Mmmmmmmm” he groaned.

He picked himself up and bushed his arm. He quickly noticed that it was lighter than normal, he looked at what was left of the screen on the console he used to turn on the artificial gravity. It read only .60G

“Something must be draining the power” he thought.

He looked forward at the bridge’s view port, and quickly found why.
The viewing glass was all missing, a particle shield was the only thing keeping the atmosphere in the ship. He realised that perhaps that other parts of the ship were in similar condition and that’s why the power systems could only get .60G out instead of the normal 1G.

He walked round to the damage control station and hoped into the console seat and ordered the computer to do a full damage diagnostic. It beeped and made noises while it put together a report from all the damage sensors from though out the ship.

It crewed out a report on the bird’s eye view of the ship with a square for each compartment and sector.

Shadowalker’s eyes widened as he looked at the report.
½ of the ships compartments had suffered serious damage and ½ of those again were sealed off.

¼ of the external hull plating had been blown off, in some places the frame of the ship could be seen.

The starboard engine spar was missing.

Most of the starboard side was leaking atmosphere and had heavy particle shielding trying to hold it in.

The port side fear better, if only by a hairs breath. It was all yellow telling Shadowalker that it was only moderately damaged and was only lightly shielded. Whilst the starboard broad the brunt and was all red and orange and some was even black showing the either 1.) The sensor malfunctioned 2.) It received so much damage it was simply obliterated or 3.) The compartment it was in wasn’t simply there which at the moment seemed the likely option.

Suddenly Shadowalker froze. Something was groaning.

Due to what is known as ‘Shell shock’ a condition where the behaviours resulting from the stress of battle which decrease the combatant's fighting efficiency. The most common symptoms are fatigue, slower reaction times, indecision, disconnection from one's surroundings, and inability to prioritize. Shadowalker’s Brain was unable to process quickly that it was a crew member that was awaking.

Shadowalker got up and stumbled his way over to where the groaning was coming from. It was a young sailor who Shadowalker noted as being the helmsman, which was weird cause the helm station is nowhere near where Shadowalker found him.

“You injured?” Ask Shadowalker.

“Sir? Is that you?” Replied the sailor.

“Yes yes now get on your feet sailor there may be other survivors”

“Aye….ugh….sir”

“Come on let’s check the bridge personal first”

Shadowalker and the sailor made their way round the destroyed bridge.
They only found four more living, the rest were KIA and given a quick sailors funeral and ejected to the depths of space for all entirety there body’s would remain the same way forever since there is no air for bacteria to decompose the body.

“Right all of you come here” said Shadowalker

The remaining living bridge crew came to were Shadowalker was sitting.

“Right first off I’ll get all of you to give me name, rank, serial number and specialty so I know who we got”

“Sir” mumbled one “ Ryan Smith, Seaman 3rd class serial number CA2239E, I’m a sensor specialist”

Shadowalker wrote this down on his officers notebook which he kept in his knee pocket of his flight suit.

“Any Injuries?”

“I got a gash on my left arm but that’s been since bandaged and fixed”

‘Ok thank you, next please”

“Almena Ross, Ensign serial number CA2245O, I was a weapons fire control supervisor”

Shadowalker wrote her details also, and then asked if she had any injuries as well.

“I think I have a broken arm and a dislocated collar bone” she replied.

“Oh crap” Shadowalker thought.

“Ok we’ll deal with those when or if we can”

“Yes sir” she groaned.

“next please”

“Adam West, Petty Officer Class II serial number CA2267N I was a
weapons control technician working with Ensign Ross”

“Any injuries?”

“Dislocated collar bone and a raging headache”

“righto”

“Next please”

“ Ivan McManius, Comm Specialist Class III Serial Number CA2265N, I was
a Comm Specialist sending and receiving messages from the bridge to other parts of the ship and to other ships via Sub-space commutation”

“Wow you’re going be a great help, do you have any serious injuries?”

“I think my left ankle may be broken sir”

“Roger”

“Right people first thing is first, Ivan, Adam and Ryan get too your respective stations and see what can be done, Almena you will supervise the bridge while I explore further”

“Aye sir” replied Ensign Ross

“Also Ryan if the sensors are operating will you be able to guide me though the ship?”

“Um I guess sir”

“And Com do you have any old radios lying anywhere?”

“Arr yes sir we should have some emergency stocked under the Comm unit”

“Ok get them and see if they work”

“Aye sir!”

“Also when you’ve done that try to send a SOS as best you can”

“To your stations people let’s get moving!” Shadowalker yelled.

Shadowalker began heading to the Med-bay as this was the best part of the ship too start as it was full of medical equipment and there might be medical team survivors.

On board a UGTO cruiser there were 5 medical bays and one fully stocked mini hospital to service combat injuries it was located in the canter of the ship in a gyro enclosed compartment so that the shudder and movement of the ship wouldn’t make a surgeon’s knife cut something it wasn’t meant to cut……like an artiarty or perhaps the bone controlling the movements in the hand, which is also covered in nerves.

The closet Med bay wasn’t too far just 30 meters behind and 2 floors below the main bridge. Normally this wouldn’t be a problem and it would take a mere 3-4 minutes to run all the way.

But it was normal today, there were sealed compartments and holes in the hull which meant that the quick way wasn’t going to happen, and Shadowalker would have to take the long way round.

Shadowalker looked around when he was walking down the hallway the normal bright white paint was blackened and had air bubbles throughout, there were live wires and venting piping dangling out of the roof as well, the wires carried over 1,000,000 volts and well in excess of 500 AMPS which could fry a human heart to a nice tenderness (5 mli amps is enough to kill a person)

As Shadowalker walked down to the end of the first hallway he came by a body, he quickly ran towards it and checked it’s pulse.

Dead

He closed the eye lids and carried on.

“Roger turn left heading two-zero-zero descend and activate H.T.D flight mode, Vipera one”

Juex looked down to the left hand MFD (Multi-function display) and put the radar into terrain tracking mode (a sub-mode of the Air-ground Radar) then lent over to the Autopilot controls by his left leg and flicked a switch from F/PATH to F/PwH.T.D he then turned the Alt HOLD from 25,000ft to 300 ft AGL (above ground level) what all this means is that with the radar in terrain tracking mode the radar builds a virtual map of hills, cliffs, rivers, buildings, trees etc it sees and displays this in a false colour image(s).

Now when the autopilot go’s from F/PATH (follow path) to F/PwH.T.D (Follow path with hit the deck flying mode) the flight computer uses the images the ground tracking radar is producing so that it can follow the ground at very low altitudes without pilot input. Finally with the ALT hold now at 300ft the computer will bring the aircraft to 300 feet above the ground and hold it there, so if a hill was coming it would lift the nose so that it was always at 300 feet above the ground and no more or less.

Easy, well not so. There is nothing wrong with the flight computer when it’s in this mode but pilots do not trust it to pull up in time and almost always disconnect the autopilot and pull up themselves it takes years for that natural instinct of not to trust a machine to go away, even so even most of the older pilots still keep their hand loosely on the control stick for that ‘just in case’ moment that the computer didn’t see that giant cliff racing towards you at over 800 kilometres per hour.

For this attack mission the ground crews loaded the MB-339CB’s in the rebel configuration known as P.T.B (Packed to the brim) loading all four of the Aermacchi’s hard points.

First off the wing tips carried the normal 510 litre wing tip drop tanks which they never go without, it’s very hard to find a picture of a Aermacchi MB-339CB without the wing tip tanks.

On the outer hard points they carried one AIM-9L sidewinder heat seeking air-air missiles (so in total they carried two missiles)
On the inner hard points they carried 3 Mark 82 Snakeye unguided 500 pound bombs. The Snakeye version of the Mark 82 has a tail retarding device tail fin that opens up causing it too slow down so that in low level bombing the bomb and plane don’t arrive at the target at the same time, thus cause fragments of the bomb damaging the bombing aircraft, which deifies the point of bombing cause you meant to kill the enemy not yourself.
And two aircraft Vipera One’s and two (Juex and his wingman) carried on the aircraft’s belly a AGM-114 Hellfire Air to ground missile……just in case.
The mission as explained was split into phases.

First off the two ship flight, Kakpo flight will conduct a SEAD strike (Suppress Enemy Air Defences) before the first wave using instead of Mark 85’s they will use a load of CBU-52 anti-armour cluster bomb units so that they can cover a large area as most anti air units travel in groups.

Seconded with enemy air defences down this will give interim air superiorly to the rebels thus allowing there ground forces to move in, while this is happening another 2 ship flight, Mitre flight will conduct a BAC flight (bomb enemy combatants) and bomb easily visible and high value targets like armour and machine gun nests keeping the pathway clear of heavy obstructions for the infantry to move in.

Thirdly the two ship Swift and two ship Tui flights will do a CAS mission (close air surrport) providing on the demand bombing of ground forces, they will instead use the laser guided version the GBU-12 smart bomb, this is too reduce friendly fire and civilian deaths if the bomb miss’s.

Lastly the three ship Hotshot flight armed with only a pair of Maverick missiles on the left inner pylon and a extra sidewinder missile on the inner right will cover the rear flank of the bombing aircraft, they will also if need be use the Mavericks if any flight runs out of air to ground ordnance while the flight they were replacing will take their position on the flank.

Finally Vipera flight (Vipera being Italian for ‘Viper’) armed to the teeth will be part acting AWACS (Airborne Warning and Control System) with Vipera Two having an more power full radar then the stock one.

‘Kakpo’s one and two begin final weapons and lock on checks on report when ready”

“we’re ready to begin the fireworks” replied Kakpo one

“Fire at will”

Kakpo flight rose to 900ft and pointed towards their nearest target a pair of soviet built SA-11 surface to air missiles and a small squad of 55mm AAA guns nearby.

Kakpo one would have the honor of firing the first shoot, she will fly a low level strike, hopefully just using one of her CBU’s while her wingman Kakpo two with cover her six o’clock.

“3…2….1…..brake” Kakpo one rolled over Kakpo two in a barrel roll into a position 200ft lower then he was.

“Vipera two, Kakpo one weapons hot, firing three…..two……one, bombs away!”

On the ground the crew of the SA-11 stood silent. A private who was on sentry duty put a smoke his mouth and lit it with his highly polished zip-o lighter.

“Sargent! Would you like a lit?” he called to his squad commander.

“ Ah yes comrade I would”

The private ran over to the SGT and began pulling out his zip-o when both stopped.

The Raw of Jet engines could be heard, and then the ground began shaking. At first the pair believed it was an earthquake, as the city sat directly under the southern alps fault line and most people report hearing a roar before an earthquake strikes.

But this was no earthquake………

U.W.S Melborne

I.S.S Achilles

tucker32
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-03-18 23:34   
not as good as your other one but u were sick so i understrand

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-03-19 03:04   
Only thing that took my attention on this entere thread is on the first page. Alucard's signature. Great boobies!

[ This Message was edited by: Pakhos[+R] on 2011-03-19 03:05 ]

NZ-juex16
Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-03-19 22:36   
Sorry Tucker, it was either i finish or puck all over my new cpmputer, Chapter 13 looking.....better kinda, i hope.

U.W.S Melborne

I.S.S Achilles

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Page created in 0.033233 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR