No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Development Updates » » [1.6] Feedback and Bugs
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
 Author [1.6] Feedback and Bugs
Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-01-26 16:42   
Quote:

On 2011-01-26 16:22, Faustus wrote:
FYI...

Currently, PD has no effect on any units dropped on a planet... it only affects damage from bombs.

Rofl...well i hope some of you devs would go inside the mv soon. Because the situation with planet capping is beyond anything id ever dream about.

Tranny rushing is so simple, because even if u have a point defence of 100% on a planet, still all of the infs from a tranny drops.

In other words, evryone runing around in trannys and rushing because its so easy that its not even funny

And the planet defence is even worse, and the hug cap planet, only encourage stations as it is now. Stations = win win situation

[ This Message was edited by: Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ] on 2011-01-26 16:46 ]

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-01-26 17:50   
If im not mistaken Blockades are now tied to planet control which means as long as people continue to pile through a shipyard they can prevent a blockade and go into the shipyard whenever they get beat up too bad only to hop out into another ship.

the way it was before was fine because you would have your 3 stations and 2 dreads around the planet and in a little while the planet would be blockaded rendering the issue null and void but we were sitting around haven being swamped under the tide of ships that the UGTO kept pulling out while completely unable to bring down the control.

Now if that is not abusing the system in a way it was not intended to be used i dont know what is.

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
Bombg
Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-26 17:56   
Yeah people were using the shipyard of the nearby planet to avoid death which doesn't seem very fair.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-01-26 23:21   
Quote:

On 2011-01-26 17:56, Bombg wrote:
Yeah people were using the shipyard of the nearby planet to avoid death which doesn't seem very fair.

Then maybe the SYs should be able to spawn ships, but not dock them when blockaded?

What do you guys think?

Bombg
Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-27 00:17   
well part of the problem was the planet wasn't getting blockaded even though there was at least 6 or more of us.

Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-27 01:33   
Wow, Kluthies complaining, never thought I'd see the day .

But if you guys can take AI's ability to effect control, can't you take thier ability to blockade? And give only players the ability to blockade? Most of the problem around the blockade system is that AI scouts would permablockade planets. But if players are around, it's being assaulted.

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-01-27 03:04   
Quote:

On 2011-01-26 23:21, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Quote:

Then maybe the SYs should be able to spawn ships, but not dock them when blockaded?

What do you guys think?

no.. it should not function at all under blockade. (enemy ships would be morons not to fire on ships attempting to launch from the surface or re enter the atmosphear, when they are most vurnable.)

Code Red
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2011-01-27 07:09   
"Rofl...well i hope some of you devs would go inside the mv soon. Because the situation with planet capping is beyond anything id ever dream about.

Tranny rushing is so simple, because even if u have a point defence of 100% on a planet, still all of the infs from a tranny drops.

In other words, evryone runing around in trannys and rushing because its so easy that its not even funny

And the planet defence is even worse, and the hug cap planet, only encourage stations as it is now. Stations = win win situation "

+1 on this.

[ This Message was edited by: Code Red {Lobby Nomad} on 2011-01-27 07:11 ]

Code Red, For winning in the 1RA Fleet Wars event, here's your coupon for a week.

Alcedo
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-01-27 07:36   
Quote:

On 2011-01-26 16:42, Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ] wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-01-26 16:22, Faustus wrote:
FYI...

Currently, PD has no effect on any units dropped on a planet... it only affects damage from bombs.

Rofl...well i hope some of you devs would go inside the mv soon. Because the situation with planet capping is beyond anything id ever dream about.

And the planet defence is even worse, and the hug cap planet, only encourage stations as it is now. Stations = win win situation

I agree.
I understand the devs need to do something to reduce server loads, but still... I wish there was another way.

In the old system, at least sometimes, some skills were needed to cap planets. (Well at least if someone wanted to do it without dying, without station spamming and without an MD).(If you don't know what skills I'm talking about, you probably never learned them).

The skills needed (and the challenge to learn them) to play DS well, was one of the main reasons I enjoyed it.

I can't help wondering what's next. Maybe all weapons on ships will be removed and you only need to be within a certain distance of an enemy ship to start dealing damage.
[ This Message was edited by: *Alcedo* on 2011-01-27 07:40 ]

Email Alcedo
Saphirako
Fleet Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-01-27 07:57   
There is also the problem of where if I am orbiting the planet, I would be typing a message and every time i hit the spacebar for my sentence, it fired at the planet... I think there is a glitch in the script....

Bombg
Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-27 11:25   
Blockade mechanics aside I think we can all agree that someone shouldn't be able to use a shipyard to avoid getting killed.

Thernhoghas
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-01-27 11:51   
something that I dislike a lot is that infantery regenerates on hostile planets. I mean where would they get new soldiers from?

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-01-27 16:47   
Quote:

On 2011-01-27 11:51, Thernhoghas wrote:
something that I dislike a lot is that infantery regenerates on hostile planets. I mean where would they get new soldiers from?

uhh... where does our planet get more infantry from??

on another note.. Def bases are still far to weak...however i dont know what you would do to change that, as if you upgrade the damage, people will just start staying outside the planets engagement zone and disable the defences... actualy thats already what they do.
[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*FTL* on 2011-01-27 17:28 ]

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-27 17:42   
Quote:

On 2011-01-27 03:04, Defiance*FTL* wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-01-26 23:21, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Quote:

What do you guys think?

no.. it should not function at all under blockade. (enemy ships would be morons not to fire on ships attempting to launch from the surface or re enter the atmosphear, when they are most vurnable.)

Technically a blockade is the stipping of the flow of resources, not ships.
In the age of sail if you had 10 frigates in the harbor and 5 frigates blockading, the 10 frigates would just sail out and roflstomp the 5, a blockade was used so that the port could not recieve resources or food, basically atarving them to death. Ships in the harbor were free to try to lift the blockade, but usually the port doesn't hold enough ships on its own to lift the said blockade.

So technically a blockade would not affect the launching or docking of ships whatsoever, but for the sake of gameplay the devs implemented this feature.
Also, if you could attack a spaceship launching from orbit, you could technically raze a planet by shooting weapons at structures. The atmosphere would bounce or melt any form of projectile weaponry, and energy weaponry will more than likely not work as well.

What bothers me is that in the age of sail, the thing stopping the blockading force from entering the actual harbor were HUGE land based cannons, while we currently have uber-short-range-influence fields that allow enemy ships to literally come close to ships in orbit without getting hit by planet damage.

So until planets get their long range/higher damage weapons back, I'm all for allowing the defending force to dock and launch.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-27 18:18   
-Blockades seem to not occur at all? I like that scouts and other small ships aren't blockading our planets, but for a fleet to sit near a planet it's trying to cap without it blockading and with defenders bouncing in and out of it's SY is bad.

-Planet Siege Missiles I feel need to be removed now. They have no place in this current version since in order to build a planet that stands a chance against them the planet will not be doing any damage to enemy ships. PD is pretty worthless, and high PD = low anti ship damage.

-Similar to above, bombing is way too easy from long range. Bombs and PSM in particular still have ranges that reflect the old system, but now you can sit comfortably +500gu away and bomb to your heart's content. Either bombs need a range reduction or planets need a damage radius increase.

I have more observations I'll post later.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026460 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR