No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Development Updates » » [1.6] Feedback and Bugs
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
 Author [1.6] Feedback and Bugs
Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-27 23:26   
Quote:

On 2011-01-27 18:18, General Zod wrote:
-Blockades seem to not occur at all? I like that scouts and other small ships aren't blockading our planets, but for a fleet to sit near a planet it's trying to cap without it blockading and with defenders bouncing in and out of it's SY is bad.

-Planet Siege Missiles I feel need to be removed now. They have no place in this current version since in order to build a planet that stands a chance against them the planet will not be doing any damage to enemy ships. PD is pretty worthless, and high PD = low anti ship damage.

-Similar to above, bombing is way too easy from long range. Bombs and PSM in particular still have ranges that reflect the old system, but now you can sit comfortably +500gu away and bomb to your heart's content. Either bombs need a range reduction or planets need a damage radius increase.

I have more observations I'll post later.

Planets do so little damage, you don't even have to sit out of range. K'luth have insane repair speeds without needing drones, ICC can just defense mode, and UGTO only use stations and repair themselves anyway.

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

Thernhoghas
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-01-28 05:16   
Quote:

On 2011-01-27 16:47, Defiance*FTL* wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-01-27 11:51, Thernhoghas wrote:
something that I dislike a lot is that infantery regenerates on hostile planets. I mean where would they get new soldiers from?

uhh... where does our planet get more infantry from??

on another note.. Def bases are still far to weak...however i dont know what you would do to change that, as if you upgrade the damage, people will just start staying outside the planets engagement zone and disable the defences... actualy thats already what they do.
[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*FTL* on 2011-01-27 17:28 ]

I think you didn't understand my complaint correctly. It bothers me that (using colors now to explain it better) GREEN inf on a RED planet/RED inf on a GREEN planet regenerates infinitely. It just makes tranny-rushing even more easier then the new system already did.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-28 10:51   
Quote:

On 2011-01-27 23:26, Reznor wrote:

Planets do so little damage, you don't even have to sit out of range. K'luth have insane repair speeds without needing drones, ICC can just defense mode, and UGTO only use stations and repair themselves anyway.

Yes, and if you want to build a planet that can actually defend itself vs bombs, it won't be doing any damage at all. It's bad enough offense II planets can be dismissed as mere annoyances, but we still have the previous version's bombs with their long ranges that make bombing painless and guaranteed except vs very high PD planets, in which case you can just orbit it for a few minutes because it won't do damage to you.

Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-28 14:33   
Tbh Zod I thought you had a point there.. But when you ended the paragraph for some reason I kind of ticked and went "Actually, that doesn't sound half bad".

Sounds pretty good that you can take a planet no matter what.

The defence bases have been upgraded so now only dreads and stations tend to rotate the damage but the damage is still there. Considering the amount of bombers in the average fleet most people just stick with the 5 minute capture of a planet instead of bombing.

And as we can see from zeeladia (before ICC captured it and turned it into a deadrock) you can get 85% point defence... This does make bombing impossible more or less so you HAVE to come into range of the interdictor and little anti ship bases to capture, at which point the defenders can arrive safe and sound and take you out while you cannot maneuvere. I like this alot.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-28 16:56   
That's all assuming there's defenders who can respond. At one point Zeeladia was at 100% PD.

While I don't mind the idea that players should take an active role in defending planets, when there's a lack of players on a team (which is quite frequent), planets fall with zero effort. Literally zero, no exaggeration. You sit there within 500gu and twiddle your thumbs until it caps. Maybe you have to destroy the occasional AI, and afterward you'll have to bomb, but the capping itself is the easy part.

This game does not have enough players on all 3 teams at all hours of the day to justify this.

Planets with high PD do not do a lot of damage, and planets that do a lot of damage have low PD. That's a side effect of the defense bases from the previous system.

Using previous system defense bases in the current system is causing a problem. They're not compatible, like bombs. You shouldn't have to choose damage or PD because choosing one just makes the other way to cap easier. Too much PD? Just orbit. All offense bases making it tough for you to stay in range? Bomb it first, they'll get through no problem. Trying to balance both damage and PD just results in a planet that can't defend vs anything, which is what we're seeing now.

[ This Message was edited by: General Zod on 2011-01-28 17:54 ]

Bombg
Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-28 18:57   
I'm of the opinion that anything that isn't being defended should be easy to take, and that the built in defenses should only slow the enemy down until a proper defense is mounted. Creating something that can defend itself well with no help just makes it that much more powerful when people are actually defending it.
[ This Message was edited by: Bombg on 2011-01-28 18:59 ]

Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-01-29 15:25   
Dunno if its been mentioned or not but the HMA drive on the UGTO Carrier wont swap out to the WH device

Quod nos non interficit, nos fortiores facitrnrn

Email Admiral Alucard (2IC)
jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-29 20:11   
Quote:

On 2011-01-28 18:57, Bombg wrote:
I'm of the opinion that anything that isn't being defended should be easy to take, and that the built in defenses should only slow the enemy down until a proper defense is mounted. Creating something that can defend itself well with no help just makes it that much more powerful when people are actually defending it.
[ This Message was edited by: Bombg on 2011-01-28 18:59 ]

then why bother having planets because to be perfectly honest their are quite a lot of players that wait till everyone logs out and then goes cap it we can't defend them 24/7 thats when defence bases came in and nOW they nerfed them considerably i mean i would have better lucks slaping depots on all the planets building 20 weapons plats arround them and shoving enough resources and inf on the platforms to last for 48 hours.

i thought this was to improve the planet defence system so far all i have been seeing is a massive shinkage of all items from pres gain to planets to systems that are pretty much useless unless you got the old defence versions. the reason why is because the indicator goes out to 1k gu and the bases go to 600 gu ????? serioiusly how screwed up is that.

you would have better luck on fixing the game with out making something else usless by reducing mi pirate and home sector systems ammounts.

.:*Brennus*:.
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-29 22:02   
Quick notes:

Going in and out of a SY has been an exploit ever since shipyard garages were inplemented, actually. It was a clear exploit as people would just go from ship to ship. If your pulling stock ships out, that was actually ok as eventually the planet runs out of resources. As someone said, a blockade is starving the planet out of resources, not actually preventing docked ships from exiting. This has reminded me of a very fair question:

Even if assumed doomed, Blockades shouldn't prevent ships from leaving port, should they?

I simply will say defense bases need to be upgraded. Not so high as to obliterate destroyers and anything of a lesser degree, and not as low as to have a station say, "haha, that tickles".... There is a happy medium. Bombing a planet should NEVER be that easy. It is a task that requires exceptional precision .

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-30 10:03   
Quicker note:
- If you think logging in SY is an exploitation as everybody just switch from ship to ship by orbiting the planet with SY, why do you bother to attack them in the first place? Why do you not lead them to somewhere else?
- Bombing is NOT that easy. In the opposite, it's complicated to destroy a structure than before. What has become incredibly easy as 1 2 3 is rushing.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-30 12:23   
The sy planet is part of a cluster, and one of the planets has already been capped. Now you're expecting the sy to be blockaded because of your fleet, but it's not, and defenders keep docking their damaged ships or just popping out fresh ones from their garage ones over and over and over, and you have no way to win that war of attrition.

One thing I didn't take note of was the amount of resources on the sy. It was probably nearly full, or else it just so happened that everyone's ships were docked there. I'm not sure which.

Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-30 12:27   
Here's a shocking thought, capture the shipyard planet first?! It isn't hard to see which one it is, normally the one ships spawn at... normally the largest one and normally not barren.

The way shipyards work now is better than before, before all someone needed to do was send in an AI corvette on orders to 'scout the planet' to blockade it, then attack. You couldn't get ships out of the planet if there was an enemy on grid (so like 3000gu or so?).

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-30 13:36   
Realistically, if a port had ships in it it would roflstomp your blockading fleet.
Thus you lost this war of attrition, they had more resources than you.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-30 16:08   
There's no way blockades are better than before. I never liked small AI ships blockading, but I like even less entire fleets unable to.

And about capturing the sy first: When you're expecting that sy to be blockaded because the planet you capped is right next to it (easily within blockading range), your priority is not the sy but the planet with the most defenses or depots, and it's usually one of the "outer" planets in a cluster.

Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-30 17:00   
Planets have such short ranges, do clusters even matter anymore?

Say you capture the SY planet first then. It's not like any other planet in the cluster can actually shoot you, because they're nearsighted.

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021221 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR