- Weekly DarkSpace
05/18/24 +1.7 Days
- Towel Day
05/25/24 +8.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [1.701] Release Feedback
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
 Author [1.701] Release Feedback
Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-09 21:09   
Quote:
On 2013-11-06 17:24, Ent wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-11-06 15:24, Novacat wrote:

Lack of Interdictor - As I have pointed out many months ago, it seems like most UGTO vs ICC fights end up being campfests, its very difficult for either side to attack the other because of planetary interdictors and the lack of portable interdictors.

Well at least they're not logging anymore at the sight of one.

Unfortunately, they're just logging at the sight of camps.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-11 16:59   
The number for plasma cannons is still wrong.
The damage shown is a 3rd of what it should be, those things are brutal.

Orkan [OO-XII]
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2013-11-11 18:50   
Three planets in the MI Xi Bootis System are of capturable type, not flagged as anything yet they are impossible to capture or land infantry on. Something is wrong. If memory serves me correctly they are Entreides, Darian and Gunther but it could be Zephyr instead. I do not recall now which of those is a Gas Giant.

Email Orkan [OO-XII]
AdmiralChaos
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-11-11 19:19   
Quote:
On 2013-11-11 18:50, Orkan [OO-XI] wrote:
Three planets in the MI Xi Bootis System are of capturable type, not flagged as anything yet they are impossible to capture or land infantry on. Something is wrong. If memory serves me correctly they are Entreides, Darian and Gunther but it could be Zephyr instead. I do not recall now which of those is a Gas Giant.

they arn't planets, they are 'moons'
And bury you with honesty.

I'll make all your dreams come to life,
And slay them as quickly as they came.

Orkan [OO-XII]
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2013-11-11 20:07   
The point is that they are not capturable when it seems they should be. This post is to let the dev team know just in case this was overlooked.

If we're gonna go that way 'Admiral' - 'Chief Marshal' they're not 'Moons' at all but rather 'satellites' as the 'Moon' is actually the English language name for the 'planet' which is a satellite of the 'planet' known to us in English as 'Earth'. A common misnomer just as the word 'suns' is also used by some in error to mean other 'stars' as observed in other galaxies.
Astronomical classifications specify certain sizes which define bodies in space as either 'planets' or 'planetoids'. Below that size they become known as 'asteroids' and above that they can either be 'gas giants' which are still classified and termed as 'planets' which do not have the mass or contain enough matter to be classed as the next group up. Any other larger mass of matter containing enough flammable elements to act as a fuel (such as Hydrogen) is eventually pulled together by gravity and generally reaches an incendiary point whereby it erupts into a cosmic fireball known to us as a 'Star'. Depending of course on what an individual chooses to believe...
In one reality however all we are really seeing is a graphical representation displayed on a monitor screen, sometimes referred to as a VDU (Visual Display Unit), connected to a computer running just one particular Operating System of many, which is the result of data scripted in a particular computer code known as 'C++' which gives us the illusion of observing 'planets' and 'stars' and 'piloting' a 'ship' on a two dimensional plane in a three dimensional virtual graphical environment...
I could go deeper into quantum physics as well as touch upon theories of perception but do I really need to go on?

You see, this is an example of just what can happen when 'keepin' it real goes wrong...' : P

[ This Message was edited by: Orkan [OO-XI] on 2013-11-11 20:12 ]

Email Orkan [OO-XII]
Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-11 23:29   
Quote:
On 2013-11-11 16:59, Fluttershy wrote:
The number for plasma cannons is still wrong.
The damage shown is a 3rd of what it should be, those things are brutal.

That's a function of things with splash damage magically not showing direct hit damage.

ie torpedos and plasma cannons.

Fatal Mack Bolan(WildCards_58th)*COM*
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2013-11-12 04:46   
still waiting on flight control when on F2 screen........and weapons fire/speed control when on F3 screen ...........
also would like to see something similar to the fleet carrier model used for the command carrier, would like to see mining beam added to command carrier...just 1........
[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Mack Bolan(WildCards_58th)*COM* on 2013-11-12 04:49 ]
R.I.P. Stephen Hawking
R.I.P. sean connery
R.I.P. adam west

Email Fatal Mack Bolan(WildCards_58th)*COM*
AdmiralChaos
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-11-12 06:25   
Quote:
On 2013-11-11 20:07, Orkan [OO-XI] wrote:
The point is that they are not capturable when it seems they should be. This post is to let the dev team know just in case this was overlooked.

If we're gonna go that way 'Admiral' - 'Chief Marshal' they're not 'Moons' at all but rather 'satellites' as the 'Moon' is actually the English language name for the 'planet' which is a satellite of the 'planet' known to us in English as 'Earth'. A common misnomer just as the word 'suns' is also used by some in error to mean other 'stars' as observed in other galaxies.
Astronomical classifications specify certain sizes which define bodies in space as either 'planets' or 'planetoids'. Below that size they become known as 'asteroids' and above that they can either be 'gas giants' which are still classified and termed as 'planets' which do not have the mass or contain enough matter to be classed as the next group up. Any other larger mass of matter containing enough flammable elements to act as a fuel (such as Hydrogen) is eventually pulled together by gravity and generally reaches an incendiary point whereby it erupts into a cosmic fireball known to us as a 'Star'. Depending of course on what an individual chooses to believe...
In one reality however all we are really seeing is a graphical representation displayed on a monitor screen, sometimes referred to as a VDU (Visual Display Unit), connected to a computer running just one particular Operating System of many, which is the result of data scripted in a particular computer code known as 'C++' which gives us the illusion of observing 'planets' and 'stars' and 'piloting' a 'ship' on a two dimensional plane in a three dimensional virtual graphical environment...
I could go deeper into quantum physics as well as touch upon theories of perception but do I really need to go on?

You see, this is an example of just what can happen when 'keepin' it real goes wrong...' : P

[ This Message was edited by: Orkan [OO-XI] on 2013-11-11 20:12 ]

I actually just meant if you click on them they say 'moon' instead of planets. Kinda like with some of the planets in sol.
And bury you with honesty.

I'll make all your dreams come to life,
And slay them as quickly as they came.

Orkan [OO-XII]
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2013-11-12 06:45   
Oh. My bad.

Ok so uncappable 'planets' defined by the game as 'moons'. Well I don't mind how they are termed in game, that's up to the Devs, but they should either be capturable or be labled 'uncapturable'.

Email Orkan [OO-XII]
Orkan [OO-XII]
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2013-11-13 05:24   
I have also noticed that certain cannons from gun platforms can go through planets as can PD lasers which can hit and defend against projectiles and other contacts even on the other side of the planet.
Beams going through planets is not only aesthetically unattractive but also creates a game imbalance as missiles are stopped by planets but beams are not. Is this just a graphical glitch or is actual damage being caused by weapons fire which manages to go through a planet?
Sabots and missles are stopped by planets.
Beams and certain cannons I have seen go through.

What's the lowdown on this?

Email Orkan [OO-XII]
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-11-13 12:21   
Quote:
On 2013-11-13 05:24, Orkan [OO-XI] wrote:
I have also noticed that certain cannons from gun platforms can go through planets as can PD lasers which can hit and defend against projectiles and other contacts even on the other side of the planet.
Beams going through planets is not only aesthetically unattractive but also creates a game imbalance as missiles are stopped by planets but beams are not. Is this just a graphical glitch or is actual damage being caused by weapons fire which manages to go through a planet?
Sabots and missles are stopped by planets.
Beams and certain cannons I have seen go through.

What's the lowdown on this?

Graphical anomoly. They will collide with collidable objects.

Quote:
On 2013-11-12 06:45, Orkan [OO-XI] wrote:
Oh. My bad.

Ok so uncappable 'planets' defined by the game as 'moons'. Well I don't mind how they are termed in game, that's up to the Devs, but they should either be capturable or be labled 'uncapturable'.

They're not planets, so they wouldn't be capturable...
[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2013-11-13 12:23 ]

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-11-13 12:41   
Note that the graphics problem also shows with beams attacking ships: If you are zapping an enemy with your HCLs and an ally interposes itself in your beams... You see it hitting the enemy but your ally will be taking the damage.

Don't cross beams, people.

Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-11-13 23:38   
I doubt this is possible but I've never seen it officially shot down so here goes: Is there any chance of wormholes ever working between servers(i.e. brown gates?)

Orkan [OO-XII]
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2013-11-13 23:55   
Quote:
On 2013-11-13 23:38, Chewy Squirrel wrote:
I doubt this is possible but I've never seen it officially shot down so here goes: Is there any chance of wormholes ever working between servers(i.e. brown gates?)

I also doubt the possibility of this but am just as interested to know if this is viable as server transfer points are effective choke points to movement where no enemy can enter the system without first appearing uncloaked and un-ecm'ed at this point of entry. Sometimes that is a good thing but sometimes not. Whether this was done on purpose so as to render it impossible to enter a new server without being detected I don't know but the idea of wormholing into a new system with the actual aim of a surprise attack is standard sci-fi fare and would be a very nice part of the game.

I'm guessing here but practically speaking it would effectively be allowing players to create their own server transfer gate rather than system transfer gates which are presently what wormholes are. Perhaps there could be a new gadget available on the jump cruiser or one type of station alone which functions as present wormhole except that instead of spawning a system transfer gate it spawns a server transfer gate in roughly the same manner. I am unaware of the coding this would require and have not yet weighed out the balance issues that this would create... I know that i just like this idea. : )

Email Orkan [OO-XII]
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-11-14 00:58   
is it possable to make the cloak animation match the cloak in timer, right now on dreds its 12 seconds, and after you press v for cloak, your still visable while your sig is dropping but you don't go transparent( on my end) utnill you reach 12 seconds.

Email Borgie
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025357 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR