- Towel Day
05/25/24 +2.9 Days
- Weekly DarkSpace
05/25/24 +3.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - KristeBisen

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Announcements » » New Ranks...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
 Author New Ranks...
Mr tinkles anti wibblinator
Cadet

Posted: 2003-11-07 22:46   
no cause thats gonna keep the people that have insane amounts of pres just making insane more amounts of pres

Goto the website of Mr tinkles anti wibblinator
Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-11-08 00:28   
People who have the most Influence get the lead position, not just those who are out to make lots of pres. In other words the good leaders will get the lead position, because Influece is based on the number of missions he assigns that are completed (I hope this doesn't include simple Move orders, that would cause bad pres farming)

Infantry Jettisoned...

[ This Message was edited by: Bobamelius on 2003-11-08 00:34 ]

Email Bobamelius
*Samtherabbit
Cadet

Posted: 2003-11-08 02:04   
New Supreme rank should be "Badger" everyone would fear the "Badger" since it has become such a word of dread in the chat, it only makes sense that it becomes the new highest rank

Email *Samtherabbit
Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-11-08 02:08   
Quote:

On 2003-11-08 00:28, Bobamelius wrote:
People who have the most Influence get the lead position, not just those who are out to make lots of pres. In other words the good leaders will get the lead position, because Influece is based on the number of missions he assigns that are completed (I hope this doesn't include simple Move orders, that would cause bad pres farming)

As much as i agree that the person with the most press doesnt have to be the best leader, the one farming missions doesnt have to be a good leader either.

All it takes is hitting CTRL + O...

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Eleda
Cadet

Posted: 2003-11-08 04:24   
Quote:

On 2003-11-07 16:13, Faustus wrote:
FYI... Me and Gideon just had a discussion, and a better ideal was brought to my attention...

Basically, we're adding another 2 new stats, "Influence" and "Command"...

"Command" is incremented, each time you create a mission, each command point decreases your prestige ... in other words you spend your prestige when you create missions.

"Influence" is is incremented when a mission you created is "Completed" successfully, "Influence" will be ranked seperately from your Military rank, in other words the player with the highest "Influence" will be "Emperor". Other ranks will include High Chancellor, Vice Chancellor, Senator, etc..

We are considering pulling out the new Military ranks, we may leave Grand Admiral and may still add Commodore between Captain and Rear Admiral.

-Richard

FINALLY a realistic way of promoting people past captain. Thank you F and thank you Gid Fantastic

Email Eleda
Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2003-11-08 09:35   
Well, don't thank me, thank Gideon... or whoever gave him the ideal... it's a brilliant ideal that I can't take credit for... however, I can implement it

Incidently, Gideon wants to make it so their is only 1 emperor, 2 High Chancellors, 4 Vice Chancellors, 8 Viceroys, 16 Senators, etc... (not sure of the ranks just yet). I've been thinking on this, and basically their are 2 ways to do this...

Method One: The Political ranks are calculated nightly at Midnight, and persist if the person is in-game or not. Whats neat about this method, is we could generate news such as "Coombie becomes Emperor of the UGTO", or "Ragglock replaces X as Senator in the ICC".

Method Two: The political ranks only exist when the person is in-game. For example, 20 people are in FA, since 20 isn't enough to name someone the emperor, the highest rank we goto is Governer or Senator. The political ranks are updated dynamically as the game progresses.

Now that I've written it all down, Method One definately sounds the way to go with the influence ranking.

-Richard

Goto the website of Faustus
Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-11-08 09:50   
Method 1 would be the best.

But then my question would be...Is there anyway to not pick these people by the amount of things they can farm...?
Since Farming only really requires someone to Hit a few buttons...

I am your neighbour! Lend me some sugga!

[ This Message was edited by: Twisted Barthezzz on 2003-11-08 10:02 ]

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Eleda
Cadet

Posted: 2003-11-08 10:35   
Quote:

On 2003-11-08 09:50, Twisted Barthezzz wrote:
Method 1 would be the best.

But then my question would be...Is there anyway to not pick these people by the amount of things they can farm...?
Since Farming only really requires someone to Hit a few buttons...

It could be achieved by scaling the rewards for missions based on their risk and the proximity of the enemy. Low risk, non enemy contact misions could provide practically no influence points (say a 5:1 prestige to influence ratio). On the other hand high risk combat zone missions could reap great rewards (say a 1:5 prestige to influence ratio).

Using F's method 1, the people that actually give usefull orders at the front line will ALWAYS out-rank those sitting in the back system ordering themselves to move to deep space.

Email Eleda
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-11-08 10:48   
Method 1 realy sounds great..

gives some structure to the factions...

- Axi

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2003-11-08 10:50   
Yes, the amount of influence awarded HAS to be based on how dangerous/important the mission is in the first place. People trying to farm, will only reduce their prestige (1 point of prestige for each mission as of now), only to gain 0.1 influence, or 0.0 influence.

-Richard

Goto the website of Faustus
Mr tinkles anti wibblinator
Cadet

Posted: 2003-11-08 11:04   
faustus I think ever fleet should have a place in the senate

Goto the website of Mr tinkles anti wibblinator
Octurion
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-11-08 12:31   
here is my ideas

if you are going to limit the number of some ranks then base it off something in the MV.

Example if ICC has 6 systems it controls then it can have 6 systems lords. like wise the number of sentors would be based on the number of fleets(one per fleet). Also, the one that become a system lord will be from the fleet that controls the most planets in that system.

This would make fleets more important then just a group of friends that go around showing everyone up. Plus makes capping more important and how active your fleet is would become important too.

just my $.02

Pentara
Cadet

Posted: 2003-11-08 14:13   
Faustus, I don't quite claim to understand your latest idea, but from what I do grasp I just want to make this comment.

There should not be a rank that only one person can hold which never changes. All respect to Coombie and the time/work he's put in, but no one has a realistic chance, or would want to put in the time and effort, to overtake Coombie for the title of Emperor. This is analagous to giving one person a unique title/powers. You want to give Coombie a specific title, (like the Coombster), go ahead, but you should not cater the game towards 3 people that have the most time to play it, but to everyone that plays the game.

Anyways, I hope you grasp what I am saying and how it relates to your idea.

-Baron Von Virtu
Cadet

Posted: 2003-11-08 14:33   
Hes not talking about prestige Pentara.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\r\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\n
Site Director - The Darkspace Connection - http://www.3dap.com/darkspace

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-11-08 14:57   
Prestige is irrelevant to these positions. It's the number of missions you've created that have been completed successfully, and how important they are, that gets you the lead positions. The beauty of this system, theoretically, is that the best leader gets the high positions of command.

Email Bobamelius
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022127 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR