No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Could be part of why the game is dying
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
 Author Could be part of why the game is dying
Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-09-21 09:06   
Quote:

On 2009-09-20 11:25, kyanos wrote:
keep in mind i havent logged into the game so correct me if im wrong, but faster paced games are what the Scenario servers are for, the metaserver is for larger scale, and larger scale is almost always slower to set up... but no, the main thing i think is, in the metaserver, if memory serves it consists of multiple sectors/galaxies connected by long-distance jumpgates correct? are the jumpgates open all the time or are they open only sometimes? in DSA it was only sometimes...

keeping them open all the time would be rougher on the newbies, but it would let folks fight eachother more often... the other option (in my mind) which ammounts to the same thing is make a way for people to carry their ships over to a foothold thats been established in the other sector...

again, my understanding may be odd, but when you make a shipyard on a planet, it becomes a viable respawn point, but when you choose to spawn there, a whole new ship is created?

mostly, easiest way to make the gameplay in the meta's faster is i think to make the sectors link up more often in some manner

Most of that was changed some time ago.

You should long on and play, its free.

kyanos
Midshipman

Posted: 2009-09-21 14:42   
would, but banned from computer ^.^;;

edit-
and dangit, i liked the huge metaverse server from back then i didnt explore much, but it was awesome to have that much room to play in ^.^

[ This Message was edited by: kyanos on 2009-09-22 16:59 ]

4ert
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-09-27 06:02   
Came back for the freeplay duration after 5 years of inactivity and really don't like the way it has changed.

1. I don't really understand why modding was replaced by enchancements
Modding like DS was one of the gratest idea i've seen in online games. U actually had to think of cons and pros, build a ship and test it to see whether your design is good enough.
Enchancements are just dumb hunt-and-get-the-drop. It is really obvious what you should use.
If modding was abused i'd rather suggest a number of ways of limiting it.
for instance - make PR loss on death proportional to amount of modifications done. Or make it more natural - high energy consumption for beams, weight for torps that puts a penalty on speed, etc.

2. The second thing that bothers me is AI ships. Online games are about challenging humans in the first place! AI does tons of stupid things - mainly wasting infantry and making alot of useless dieing - that comes into huge contrast with how players have to value their lives. They are not worthy opponents, however sheer amount of them doesnt feel right. You still have to have dozens of fights with them - and those are pointless in the first place.
This is especially seen in scenario server.
It is not bad idea to have AI but the implementation is way too wrong. I'd rather suggest to allow issuing orders to AI - like we used to have when trannies were the only AI here. And we had orders to give other players as well. Can be quite a strategy feature - i mean if you are alone and fly a dread or station it shouldn't be a problem to send a scout to some area before you jump there. And AI can do that - as long as there is no player that will take such a mission. Same for "building supply platform at 9.1 2.2" etc.

3. Current MV size doesn't match it's contents. That big thing should be more of strategy - at least for those who want it. But reality is that fights are too local and there is no kind of resource management. And ever worse - if you are eager for a fight - you don't get it as well. Log in Kluth and see like 10 uggies in the middle of empty space. And that is kind of suicidal to jump in there - and no strategic reason to do that.
And you just have to there since you cannot get you dread or cruiser in scenario server - planet isn't likely to have enough resources for anything bigger than dessy.

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-09-27 06:21   
Quote:

On 2009-09-27 06:02, 4ert wrote:
Came back for the freeplay duration after 5 years of inactivity and really don't like the way it has changed.

1. I don't really understand why modding was replaced by enchancements
Modding like DS was one of the gratest idea i've seen in online games. U actually had to think of cons and pros, build a ship and test it to see whether your design is good enough.
Enchancements are just dumb hunt-and-get-the-drop. It is really obvious what you should use.
If modding was abused i'd rather suggest a number of ways of limiting it.
for instance - make PR loss on death proportional to amount of modifications done. Or make it more natural - high energy consumption for beams, weight for torps that puts a penalty on speed, etc.

2. The second thing that bothers me is AI ships. Online games are about challenging humans in the first place! AI does tons of stupid things - mainly wasting infantry and making alot of useless dieing - that comes into huge contrast with how players have to value their lives. They are not worthy opponents, however sheer amount of them doesnt feel right. You still have to have dozens of fights with them - and those are pointless in the first place.
This is especially seen in scenario server.
It is not bad idea to have AI but the implementation is way too wrong. I'd rather suggest to allow issuing orders to AI - like we used to have when trannies were the only AI here. And we had orders to give other players as well. Can be quite a strategy feature - i mean if you are alone and fly a dread or station it shouldn't be a problem to send a scout to some area before you jump there. And AI can do that - as long as there is no player that will take such a mission. Same for "building supply platform at 9.1 2.2" etc.

3. Current MV size doesn't match it's contents. That big thing should be more of strategy - at least for those who want it. But reality is that fights are too local and there is no kind of resource management. And ever worse - if you are eager for a fight - you don't get it as well. Log in Kluth and see like 10 uggies in the middle of empty space. And that is kind of suicidal to jump in there - and no strategic reason to do that.
And you just have to there since you cannot get you dread or cruiser in scenario server - planet isn't likely to have enough resources for anything bigger than dessy.

Yeh moding was removed because it was an easy fix, as i see it anyhow. The devs thougth it was an very unballanced thing to have, wich it was in the 1.483. But there was alot of ways to improve it.

Enchantments was pushed to early without any real testing nor thinking. Atm we se ppl with 50% bonues on ships and thats far more unbalancing then moding ever was as i see it.

I also feel that ai was pushed to early from beta. There was major bugs with them the first months and well..cant say they are any bether now. I feel that alot comin out from beta havent been tested enough. Theres alway new problem on each patch that arises and sometimes that takes month to fix.

Like just a few of the problems i see evryday is the ai engineers..they build planets so bad, and no one bothers to fix these planets because it takes to long and it becomes boring. Accept that their bad, remove them and bring em back when their fully tested and working!
And the nother thing that gets me annoyd with AI`s, why does a scout go on and attack an station? Shees!

Piotr-san
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-09-27 19:51   
Quote:

On 2009-09-12 01:49, Endeavor wrote:
The reason u gained no prestige is Bc they disabled for non sub accounts Due to some bug i dont remember which theres to many to count the only way you get prestige now is to all ready actovate the 14 day trial or be paying. . . and to what leo said is true they fix 1-2 issues and 6 more pop up that are worse then the old ones it makes no sense. . . but then again this is Darkspace. .

Thats called a spaghetti code , effect of poor coding practices. Modifing one fragment of the code has an effect in 50 other places

Krim {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-09-29 01:21   
Quote:

On 2009-09-27 06:21, Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ] wrote:

Like just a few of the problems i see evryday is the ai engineers..they build planets so bad, and no one bothers to fix these planets because it takes to long and it becomes boring.

I belive that the Engy AI is only designed to fix particular problems like a lack of energy or food etc.. or if it's low in res, produce res. It's not supposed to build Fully supported Def Level III, Shipyard, 120 tech suprplus food and energy etc...

Yes, engineering can be very boring, and takes more time than anything in the game however a planet that is well built makes the game more fun, bombing more challenging and provides for other options than most people realize.. such as using a starport (gasp) to build and load platforms efficently rather than mining.

The only complain I have about the Engy AI and building is I must typically scrap buildings they create since they aren't as effective as layouts I can create.

Question: How many construction points are lost for scrapping a building? I understand it was introduced many patches ago to prevent people from razing the entire planet if it was about to be captured. Instead of loosing construction points for scrapping, what if you simply didn't allow scraping while a planet was under blockade. Or preventing scrapping if a planet has been invaded.

Construction does get annoying if you end up scrapping buildings (to build say, Def III instead of Def I) and then have to switch out your engy for combat because thats what the current battle demands and say you dont get back to building on that planet, wham, you're down construction points.

I may be going on ad nasuem about this particular slightly off-topic post but.. I'm throwing my 40 dollars and 2 cents out there

GTN - Veneratio est Totus

Goto the website of Krim {C?}
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
Page created in 0.014365 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR