No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » New Sagittarian Layout draft
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
 Author New Sagittarian Layout draft
nicklane1
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-19 16:46   
Quote:

On 2010-07-19 12:11, Grand Admiral CRAZY45 *XO* wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-07-19 11:55, MrSparkle wrote:
I liked systems with no gates too. A center system with no gate would have to be within WH range and would have to be worth getting to. If it had the MI and Pirate planets along with some other good clusters it could be well worth it.

As it is, since we can spawn at gates I'm just gonna spawn directly at Procyon gate and bypass Cincinnati. No point in going the long way!

Systems with no gates would be Great! would add a whole diffrent type of tactical depth to the map

[ This Message was edited by: Grand Admiral CRAZY45 *XO* on 2010-07-19 12:11 ]

System with no gates would make it so gate camping could be useless, because WHs could come from anywhere.

Email nicklane1   Goto the website of nicklane1
-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-07-19 16:57   
Quote:

On 2010-07-19 02:26, Pegasus wrote:
I'd prefer the .483 design.

+1

Email -Shadowalker-™
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-19 17:18   
Back when there were systems with no gates, JD drives had 99,999 fuel to them too. Also WH's had 3-4x the current range on them too, and where accurate. JD drive fuel should go back to that if said systems show up (Andro has 1 such system although no planets in it). WH drives should have a 500gu radius inaccuracy from the point the pilot is trying to WH to. With the way the WH's are it can show up 1500gu from where your trying to get to, like a friendly planet, and in a station that can go 6gu at max its quite stupid and can get you killed.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-19 17:23   
Given that we wont see 1.480 map or homeservers altered for this purpose anytime soon (or at all), I like this map. Less jumpgates I feel are personally a good addition.

-Ent

Antra
Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2010-07-19 18:37   
Y'know, I don't know the secret backstory or anything, but what's wrong with geometric shapes? If some precursor race could build indestructible jumpgates with infinite power sources, was this a minor thing for them or was it the pinnacle of their technology? If minor, well, what if they shuffled stars around?

The fight could be yes, territory and resources. But also knowledge...this constellation of stars is just plain odd and bears further investigation.

Email Antra
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-19 19:40   
I actually have a handful of changes to make.. I was hoping it would stay in beta longer than it did so I could tweak it with more feedback, but it got caught up in the release cycle due to some of the other changes.

I'm on a(nother) work trip this week, so my time is a bit limited, but I'll try to get some tweaks in over the next couple days.

Email Shigernafy
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-19 20:16   
Quote:

On 2010-07-19 17:18, Starcommand of ICC *XO* wrote:
Back when there were systems with no gates, JD drives had 99,999 fuel to them too. Also WH's had 3-4x the current range on them too, and where accurate. JD drive fuel should go back to that if said systems show up (Andro has 1 such system although no planets in it). WH drives should have a 500gu radius inaccuracy from the point the pilot is trying to WH to. With the way the WH's are it can show up 1500gu from where your trying to get to, like a friendly planet, and in a station that can go 6gu at max its quite stupid and can get you killed.

I've had wormholes over 3k off. They're way too inaccurate considering their limited usefulness compared to jumpdrives.

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2010-07-26 07:40   

I liked the last Sagitarius map with BD much better.

All action is now in Luyten only, UGTO come from R33 gate and are in missile range already.
In BD there was a sun blocking the way to luyten gate creating an outer space region, an obstacle which made things more strategic. Now there is always instant action.

Kluth coming from Epsidion were near to ICCs BD, but there was still
some free neutral space in between, before dictors came in play.

Kluth now seem to drop in only in very few numbers, they seem to have
little space to maneuver, Luyten is just too clustered and narrow.

Luyten is ugly, i miss the black clear "sky", to much nebular-cloud, to much colours.

In short: Luyten is the total center of all conflict now and its much too narrow, total dictor space. This way the lag also increased, bringing weaker computer systems to their knees.

Maybe a matter of taste at least?

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-26 10:39   
Actually, luth usually showed up from Cass gate in BD. Since homegates are faction locked now they can't pop into Tau the same way, most of the action is in Luyten since ICC currently holds it.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-26 13:35   
I really dislike the system for MI, pirates and taros. We already have seperate server to hunt pirates and MIs, we don't need another smaller sample of it in Sagi.

Please merge them into Cin, Arsene and Luyten while increase the minimum planets they should have. Also increase the numbers in AI fleets. MI fleet should have 1 node, 2 long head, 2 prae 2 legion, 1 supply. Pirate fleet should have 2 Nautilus, 3 cruisers, 4 des, 1 scout.

I hope that pirates, Mis and taros appearance would be more significant in Sagi. Imagine ICC vs UGTO in Luyten and suddenly a big Pirates group appear and attack them. Atm, cluster for AI is just used for farming, which should be avoided.

As layers usually take advantage of stupid AI build to gain bomb pres, therefore their def should be buffed A LOT. Pirate def should be as strong as ICC off II and MI def should be as strong as KLuth bomb II. Pirate and MI should learn to build sensor on their planet, cause they don't need factories and mines.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
Page created in 0.034895 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR