No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [1.7] Beta Feedback
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
 Author [1.7] Beta Feedback
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-08-12 21:03   
Please post feedback relating to 1.7 here. Any feedback relating to ship layouts goes here.

Bare in mind the map in beta is only a test one to facilitate easier testing, and is wiped regularly to allow for fixes.

Currently all ship types can be spawned regardless of spawn requirements (shipyard, rank, badges, resources, etc).

Any posts off-topic will be removed. Any posts which are blatently done without any testing being done will be removed.

- P

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-08-12 22:50   
We tested several things regarding the new cloak energy useage in beta: To clarify by "we" I mean myself, borgie, point of no return, walrus of apathy, Jim Starluck, and I apologize if i left anyone out. This was 8/12/13. The Krill and the Mandible both have 10.5 base signatures it seems and when cloaked they lose energy at about 3/per second while standing still. This was increased to around 4-5 depending on how fast you went in the ship. Upon uncloaking the energy would go back up immediately. However, upon using a veil frigate to experiment in a ganglia, which i do understand has not been adjusted yet, the signature was drastically reduced and the k'luth ships began to regain their energy. I have mixed feelings on this matter as a primarily ICC pilot.

On the one hand, I feel that the cloak energy drain is slightly excessive in this new format and could do with some scaling back, otherwise the k'luth may run out of energy before they reposition themselves.

On the other hand I do believe that the k'luth should have to have an appreciable sacrifice for the cloak aside from the extra second it takes them to cloak in severe eccm. So unless one person on the k'luth side wishes to continually pilot a veil frigate, the ecm on which appeared ot have a range of about 800 when borgie and I tested that out, I do not know how viable the k'luth ships will be in there hit and run role unless they wish to truly embody the idea of hit and run by attacking a few times and then going far outside radar range to regain the energy they lost uncloaked.

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-08-12 22:53   
currently your cloak engery drain with 10.5 sig on a dred is soo much that a luth dred will loose all its power before getting in range of an enemy ship.

second the 12 second cloak time is way over board. most of the time when we jump in we cloak, get in to position and then attack, now we jump in and cloak we are visable for way too long allowing enemies more time to soften us up before the attack, or do more damage even possable kill us after an attack.

Email Borgie
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-08-12 23:52   
Which is the range of the structure on planet?
  1. between planet diamond and ship diamond.
  2. between planet surface and ship arc.
  3. between structure diamond and ship diamond.

Due to the slow responce of beta server, I'm a bit confused when it attacked me whose ship is outside 750gu from the planet.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-08-13 01:19   
If you have negative signature, the cloaking device will boost energy gain.

I was low on energy in my mauler, so turned on all ECM and engaged cloak, energy shot up at a speed which only 4 PSI drives could provide.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-08-13 06:31   
I need people to test the Anisotropy settings I added to DarkSpace Setup in beta. If people could set it to 16, 8, whatever they want and test the result that would be fantastic.

As a note, 16x will give the most graphical fidelity (I've been trying to get this in for ages and have been forcing it via my driver for years - it is by far the best graphical improvement we've possibly ever added bar shaders).

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-08-13 07:46   
Quote:
On 2013-08-13 06:31, Pantheon wrote:
I need people to test the Anisotropy settings I added to DarkSpace Setup in beta. If people could set it to 16, 8, whatever they want and test the result that would be fantastic.

As a note, 16x will give the most graphical fidelity (I've been trying to get this in for ages and have been forcing it via my driver for years - it is by far the best graphical improvement we've possibly ever added bar shaders).

It works here, what kind of feedback do you need?
Do you suspect that it might cause crashes or something on some computers?

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2013-08-13 08:04   
anisotropic 16x, medium texture, medium shadows, medium graphics, HDR and shaders:- gas giant further than about 40000 GU from sources of lighting (saturn, uranus, neptune and similar planets in many other systems) have weird textures around the bright half of the surface

Code Red
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2013-08-13 09:45   
From spending quite a few hours rebuilding the ugto planets in Beta today I noticed the enemy ai (luth) carriers are able to fly and drop infantry at will on planets with defences and weapon platforms , my questions from this are:

Do weapon platforms have pd on them to take out troop pods?
If so i dont think this is working as intended.

Are planet defs set high enough as a (lightly armoured) luth transport flying uncloaked from edge of dico towards the planets was able to fly in / drop and fly out again without death.

Weapon platforms have QST which is now slower visually and very easy for even the ai to dodge which limits the usefullness of these as a defensive solution vs ai.

Thanks Code

Code Red, For winning in the 1RA Fleet Wars event, here's your coupon for a week.

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-08-13 11:08   
In beta on the ICC line dread the missiles fired from it appear to show up above the ship from nowhere instead of from the actual missile launchers on the ship.

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-08-13 11:37   
Quote:
On 2013-08-13 11:08, Sheraton *XO* wrote:
In beta on the ICC line dread the missiles fired from it appear to show up above the ship from nowhere instead of from the actual missile launchers on the ship.

-Sheraton

Have to ask Jim or Wally on that one.

As mentioned in the other thread. The models and layouts are two different things. One's cosmetic, the other is functional. Perhaps they intended it to fire horizontally, but couldn't do so if they placed the gadget on the dorsal hull (might result in vertical firing angle). Who knows?

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-08-13 11:37   
The speed on the gauss guns seems slower than the railguns for some reason. Not sure if this is my imagination or actuality. Specifically they seem slower on the strike dread than on the combat dread.

-Sheraton

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-08-13 11:46   
Quote:
On 2013-08-13 08:04, Trader of Destiny wrote:
anisotropic 16x, medium texture, medium shadows, medium graphics, HDR and shaders:- gas giant further than about 40000 GU from sources of lighting (saturn, uranus, neptune and similar planets in many other systems) have weird textures around the bright half of the surface

According to Jack, shadows aren't working properly. They're artifacting somehow. You get squarish or triangle-ish shadow blotches here and there. But there is dynamic lighting at least.

From observations, if shadows aren't enabled, the game calculates lighting in a simple manner. This means that all sides of your ships that are facing a light source (like a star) will be illuminated, whether or not they're being blocked by another part of your ship, or a celestial body. All textures will appear normally.

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-08-13 22:29   
I have noticed that the ELF damage on the K'luth Nightshade dread appears to range from either 3k-23k damage. Is this correct? I was under the impression that ELF beams drained energy but did very little damage. Is this correct or incorrect? On the website with the stats it shows the ELF max damage is: "maxDamage": "(3900 + (LEVEL * 150))"
and the damage is calculated by: damage": "(20 + (LEVEL * 4)) and the random damage: damageRandom": "(120 + (LEVEL * 24))"
Have the ELF beams been retooled for 1.7 or had there weapon damage increased?

-Sheraton

[ This Message was edited by: Sheraton *XO* on 2013-08-13 22:33 ]

Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-08-13 23:09   
Quote:
On 2013-08-13 22:29, Sheraton *XO* wrote:
I have noticed that the ELF damage on the K'luth Nightshade dread appears to range from either 3k-23k damage. Is this correct? I was under the impression that ELF beams drained energy but did very little damage. Is this correct or incorrect? On the website with the stats it shows the ELF max damage is: "maxDamage": "(3900 + (LEVEL * 150))"
and the damage is calculated by: damage": "(20 + (LEVEL * 4)) and the random damage: damageRandom": "(120 + (LEVEL * 24))"
Have the ELF beams been retooled for 1.7 or had there weapon damage increased?

-Sheraton

[ This Message was edited by: Sheraton *XO* on 2013-08-13 22:33 ]

On that same note, why do ICC cannons have a damage range? Do ICC weapons now have falloff....?

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025905 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR