Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [1.7] Beta Feedback
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 )
 Author [1.7] Beta Feedback
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-10-07 12:40   
The new battle station is truly powerful. The combination of beam-cannon-missle role makes it powerful at all range. Much better than the current one. 1 battle station maybe vulnerable. But 2 or 3 battle station is another story. They're able to blow anything within 1 minute when they concentrate projectile.

The new command station has its aura and wormhole-jumpdrive pack. Equivalent than the current one.

The new supply station is not worth flying. Its value is nowhere near the current one. Rank is just a matter of time, once player touches the command station, they will definitely throw supply station. I would suggest a layout that supply combat like this:
  • 1 Repair Field, 1 Gravity Well, 1 Computer Jammer, 1 Supply Drone (get rid of narrowband sensor and scanner);
  • 6 rapid-cycle (replace 6 psi-focused with the same angle);
  • 12 heavy cannon (replace 12 rapid-cycle with the same angle).
Very much like Nautilus and still fragile. Aura fits station more than narrowband sensor due to its slow speed. Heavy cannon protects itself from any single torp ship. And it's still vulnerable against missle/carrier ship.
I think this kind of layout keeps the supply station on par with battle station and command station. The narrowband & beam version has been objected by multiple players. Station has been introduced in manual as an tough object that should not approach carelessly even when it's alone. I still think that fact should be kept.

I like building a lot but upgraded build enhancement is expensive, destructive and engineer is very fragile so engineer is always a freelancer.

Tractor beam should drain less energy. Maybe a half?

Supply platform can have repair field instead of supply drone so that it can heal everybody inside the field, instead of multiple platform concentrate drone on the first ship coming.

And please increase WH precisement by decrease the random range from 3000gu to 1000gu. WH recharges at 10 minutes, which mean a station has moved 3gu/s*60seconds*10=1800gu. What is the point to use WH when you're 1800gu far away from the target? Since the WH outcome is totally random, there is no way for someone to intentionally kill by WH anyone into planet.
[ This Message was edited by: DiepLuc on 2013-10-08 11:53 ]

Cold Death
Admiral

Posted: 2013-10-12 15:01   
Just a bump to avoid having this thread sink into oblivion..

Also, I've noticed from the beta map a while ago that the K'Luth homeworld is in a very awkward position, having the MI on one side and the Pirates on the other. Will something be done about this?

[ This Message was edited by: Cold Death on 2013-10-12 15:01 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 )
Page created in 0.017068 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR