No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Kluth from the eyes of Ravens
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
 Author Kluth from the eyes of Ravens
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-16 13:21   
well i have been watching from the shadows, but
it seems that composite armor is standard armor with another name
i asked a dev because i was envisioning a faction with armor, but weak armor and speed, so i thought of 2 layers of composite
to my suprise i asked around and learned composite was just a copy of ugto standard armor
so technically ICC already has better endurance than ugto

alot of people say put drones on a ugto and its invincible, however this only applies to station spam (like an uber number) and depo hugging, where defense mode sucks up energy but can be used anywhere, any ship, to the point smaller vessels recharge insanely fast but are sucked dry
each have different strengths, depo of armor and defense mode

-edit: ugto have more armor, not stronger armor, and as a result increased mass already
-edit: spelling error
[ This Message was edited by: SpaceAdmiral on 2010-08-16 13:23 ]
[ This Message was edited by: SpaceAdmiral on 2010-08-16 20:18 ]

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-08-16 13:43   
Quote:

On 2010-08-16 13:21, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
well i have been watching from the shadows, but
it seems that composite armor is standard armor with another name
i asked a dev because i was envisioning a faction with armor, but weak armor and speed, so i thought of 2 layers of composite
to my suprise i asked around and learned composite was just a copy of ugto standard armor

From what I understand (also from a dev), composite could be considered a copy of standard in that it has the same resistances (I.E. none) but it has less HP, hence less mass.

IANF
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-16 14:02   
nrg weap has been a pain for me, i once played as ugto and i was in a dessie and went up against a icc dread and had to disengage because i had no nrg, i would have killed it but the weaps weren't strong enough and i had no nrg to keep it up, granted it was a missle dread, but still

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-08-16 17:27   
sigh. conversation got hijacked again.

no one cares about Raven or PB. this thread is about kluth balance internally and versus human factions

that UGTO is pretty weak at the moment is pretty well-known i think. the only thing that is saving them is the absurd repair rate on their stations which should be fixed, but in the context of fixing the rest of that faction

since you guys went into it:

the problem with the krill is precisely that it has medium range and a high damage rate. SIs do a base level of damage and then a random modifier on top of that, with i believe a range drop off. comparing it to the siphons damage isnt going to get you an accurate comparison unless you do a LOT of very precise testing and average the results.

the problem is that kluth are supposed to be CLOSE RANGE. there was even a lot of discussion about adding a missle dread to kluth because it broke with their general design. if you give kluth a medium or long range weapon, it makes the cloak an even better defensive tool (and i dislike that people seperate it from armour in terms of defense: it is a defensive system, and a remarkably effective one). if you give that ship as many core weapons as a station, youve created something just a little too ridiculous. not very many ships can take fire from that thing, the SI are much less likely to miss than AM torps, and the pilot does not have to get in close enough that his weak armour level is a significant issue. it should not exist, and until very recently there was a consensus from just about everyone that it shouldnt (including Necrotic if I remember correctly).

if ICC asked for a dread with 6 IC cannons on it wed be laughed at and you know it, yet you have your own version of it.

and on that note, ICC has asked repeatedly for various buffs and been called "qqers" or whiners or what have you. so how are we supposed to have a serious discussion about balance if, when ICC comments about itself we are chastised and if we comment on someone else they defend their own factions status viciously and without compromise?

lets talk about KLUTH today. we will have a post about ICC up soon where we can talk about THEM. and if someone wants to do a similar process for UGTO that would be wonderful (Raven has voted against this because most people dont want to play UGTO/dont have the credits for it. I tried though)

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-16 17:55   
I just deleted eight replies to the thread. Please try to stay on topic - this is not a discussion of the merits of a particular fleet. Its not a discussion of the MI. Its not about any particular pilots.

Email Shigernafy
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-08-16 21:40   
i apologize if last post came across as too abrasive. but people were talking about MI which is just silly =P

for the periods where people took this seriously some creative ideas came out of it and i think we should continue working on those creative ideas.

throwing it out there: if you could replace SI with something else, what would it be?

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-08-16 22:07   
Projectiles? There's what, 3 Kluth ships that rely on cannons/torps for armament? I can think of one Destroyer, one Frigate, and one Scout offhand. A lot of Kluth players seem to like the way the Krill plays, so why not give them a viable alternative?

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-16 23:20   
Quote:

On 2010-08-16 21:40, N'kra The Wolf wrote:
i apologize if last post came across as too abrasive. but people were talking about MI which is just silly =P

for the periods where people took this seriously some creative ideas came out of it and i think we should continue working on those creative ideas.

throwing it out there: if you could replace SI with something else, what would it be?

Hmm, possibly a bunch of assault disruptors. SI really can't be replaced with something else that's as effective. They would have to be replaced with equivalent firepower and energy usage, and I don't think that's possible.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-16 23:36   
Quote:

Energy Torpedoes.
Have fun with it ;]

I forgot this topic is "KLuth from the eyes of Ravens", which mean we dont really have to put this topic on fire. Ravens have Raven minds, PBs has PB minds, other players have their own minds. Now matter how contradictory the ideas are, certainly arguements are not needed, as whatever Ravens think won't change how PB play, how Luth is used.
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2010-08-17 00:07 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-17 01:01   
Quote:

500gu range beams that:

- drains the same energy as SIs
- no falloff
- Do the max damage stat of SIs consistently.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-17 01:02   
only problem with 500 gu beams is that they will always hit small ships

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-17 02:22   
Quote:

On 2010-08-17 01:02, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
only problem with 500 gu beams is that they will always hit small ships

I'm also fine with halving the SI's range and doubling the damage.
But how would Lark take it?

My point being, the SIs are fine as they are.
So it's better to leave them alone.

If we replace them with equally powerful, never-miss beams, QQ will go up 10 notches.

Imagine Kluth saying the Ion Cannon's projectiles move too fast. Replace them w 2000gu range missiles with the same damage.

IMO, this whole shindig is beginning to look less like balancing exercise than a nerf witchhunt.

I say, let the Devs intro the new planetary interaction and ship layout refits, then see how it goes.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-08-17 02:24 ]

Lonectzn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-17 02:40   
I put forward a suggestion not too long ago, to reduce all core weapon projectile speeds. Just saying, it's a good idea. Simple, fixes the issues. The best solutions are ones that use the current game mechanics, rather than invent something new.

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2010-08-17 04:56   

Stop please! No need to change anything. Game is balanced.

We see all factions being dominant today and doomed the next month.

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-08-17 08:01   
i just brought up SI to get conversation rolling again. guess people would rather get all defensive.

might as well lock thread nothings getting done anymore.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024300 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR