No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » read, mostly for kluth
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
 Author read, mostly for kluth
MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-02-26 17:05   
Quote:

On 2011-02-26 15:33, Gerlach wrote:
SpaceAdmiral, I already said it, but I will once again. When it comes to combat between sub-dread ships, cruisers need to be at 400 gu (max) from each other in order to be able to score a hit. This range shortens as the hull size keeps going down. A railgun shot travels at the speed of ~160 gu/s, it gives you plenty of time to evade it over 400 gu. The BC is not much slower in turning than a HC. So range has no meaning if you face a pilot who actually knows how to evade. But I completly agree ICC light ships are superior to their Kluth/UGTO counterparts when it comes to fight against dreads and stations.

The problem I see here is the progress as ICC pilot is somewhat linear with slight jumps in power when you reach the CD, HC and AD. UGTO have it a bit harder at the start, but gain a lot when they reach dreads and get a godmode when they reach stations. Life of a Kluth pilot is a misery until he reaches dreads which is a huge jump in playstyle.

Once again, don't underestimate UGTO sub-dread ships when they get to fight ships of their own size.

ICC is a reversed faction from my point of view - it needs to use small ships to counter big ones and big ships to counter smaller ones because of ICs and lasers.

Went OT again.

[ This Message was edited by: Gerlach on 2011-02-26 15:44 ]

truth

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-26 17:39   
Quote:

On 2011-02-26 11:47, Defiance*KoZ* wrote:

Stuff.

Guess what happened today? It's a miracle.

Yes, I spammed this picture just for you Defiance.

I'm surprised both factions lasted this long with out being distracted by some random shiny object.

Now we can all kill each other in Cinc. Enjoy!

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-26 17:51   
Quote:

On 2011-02-26 15:33, Gerlach wrote:
SpaceAdmiral, I already said it, but I will once again. When it comes to combat between sub-dread ships, cruisers need to be at 400 gu (max) from each other in order to be able to score a hit. This range shortens as the hull size keeps going down. A railgun shot travels at the speed of ~160 gu/s, it gives you plenty of time to evade it over 400 gu. The BC is not much slower in turning than a HC. So range has no meaning if you face a pilot who actually knows how to evade. But I completly agree ICC light ships are superior to their Kluth/UGTO counterparts when it comes to fight against dreads and stations.

The problem I see here is the progress as ICC pilot is somewhat linear with slight jumps in power when you reach the CD, HC and AD. UGTO have it a bit harder at the start, but gain a lot when they reach dreads and get a godmode when they reach stations. Life of a Kluth pilot is a misery until he reaches dreads which is a huge jump in playstyle.

Once again, don't underestimate UGTO sub-dread ships when they get to fight ships of their own size.

ICC is a reversed faction from my point of view - it needs to use small ships to counter big ones and big ships to counter smaller ones because of ICs and lasers.

Went OT again.

[ This Message was edited by: Gerlach on 2011-02-26 15:44 ]

I actually agree with most of the points here, but small ship vs small ship is actually more positioning to hit, and ICC turns faster because of less armor, allowing it to get into a better position. (My alt is an HC and has enganged a variety of ships from destroyers to stations. No one pulls out something smaller than a destroyer.) Also, small ship vs small ship shields do matter especially with positioning. If you are able to focus on one arc and position so they focus one arc, you have a lot more shields. Also, at longer ranges (500-700) rails may miss, but proly only about 50%. Pcannons will miss a lot more.

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-26 18:09   
Quote:

On 2011-02-26 01:52, Sauur wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-02-26 01:11, jamesbob wrote:
A fantasy novel

Join ICC for 6 months and prove ur awesomeness .......

Edit:spelling lol
[ This Message was edited by: Sauur on 2011-02-26 01:54 ]

ummmm dude i was icc for 6 months then i left.

3 guesses why.

and on the fact that icc started using their brain.

ITS ABOUT TIME

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2011-02-26 20:56   
Brain? wth! whats that and where

Koba
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2011-02-26 22:00   
for all those who checked this post just to see what the last person sead...........ha

Dakili
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-26 23:11   
Quote:

On 2011-02-26 17:39, Nightmare Reaper wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-02-26 11:47, Defiance*KoZ* wrote:

Stuff.

Guess what happened today? It's a miracle.

Yes, I spammed this picture just for you Defiance.

I'm surprised both factions lasted this long with out being distracted by some random shiny object.

Now we can all kill each other in Cinc. Enjoy!

Hmm. Is it me or theres something wrong there?

On your pic all the system (Tau, Eri, R33 and Luyten) are green. And you saying icc and luth attacked? No really who attacked? Havent been on for some time

MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-02-27 00:10   
ICC took luyten and kluth took R33.

didn't last too long for ICC to lose luyten though.

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-27 00:40   
ugto took back luythren and then got attacked by kluth and icc the famous battle of izhack.

stupid tatics on kluth and icc part caused ugto to win that fleet action.

icc decided to engage in long range gunnery and kluth decided to send in psi or use mandi

as such ugto countered missle spam with a combo of missle and fighter strikes to cause icc to leave.

kluth closed in and 2 stations proceeded to blast to peices each kluth station.

kluth retreated due to damage to the stations.

then of course ugto started slowly loging out and like clockwork icc appeared with a md spam.

that a correct recap
[ This Message was edited by: jamesbob on 2011-02-27 00:42 ]

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-02-27 02:48   
every time i log in i find luth invading tau..

so.. yep

i do really love pwning people in my half dead CD looks broke but then BAM!!! i put up sheilds and blow you away

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-02-27 05:40   
Quote:

On 2011-02-27 02:48, Defiance*KoZ* wrote:

dont be so ignorant. in every faction there can be found some who:
-DONT understand english
-"dont" understand english
-simply dont give 'sexual intercourse' about agreements between factions

for example, yesterday when we pushin ugto back with the help of icc. there were 3 little "piggies" running around eri blowing up transports crashing into the planets. icc battlegroup informed me about them. i went to see them an they didnt seem to understand very much what i tryed to say.

so you must take into consideration that there will always be someone on every side that wont be following agreements. maybe cuz they dont know, or they dont understand why you say....or are just ignorant...emm...i cant say that in the pretty way... but you know what i mean

Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2011-02-27 09:16   
yes i agree the ugto own most of the main server and the ICC only control Tue we try to take other systems but the ugto always station spam us and the ICC have the ppl sometimes just not the stations to fight back with cuz ppl still need badges for just the simple SS on the other hand ugto and luth have no badges required for stations so its easy for them to station spam ICC and i thinks thats the biggest prob

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-02-27 09:32   
welcome to the forums ray

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-27 12:50   
Quote:

On 2011-02-27 05:40, Ravendark wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-02-27 02:48, Defiance*KoZ* wrote:

dont be so ignorant. in every faction there can be found some who:
-DONT understand english
-"dont" understand english
-simply dont give 'sexual intercourse' about agreements between factions

Hit the nail on the head.

Since factions are public access. There's also really nothing to stop some one from the UGTO or some one who favours UGTO swapping over to either the ICC or K'luth to disrupt the collaboration.

So basically a whole bunch of factors from preventing a joint effort to push back the stronger enemy.

But when it is pulled off. It is quite refreshing doing some thing different than ye ole battle at fargo rock/tau ceti-luyten gate that we have been doing since the middle of last year just about.

It's also nice to serve the UGTO a nice slice of humble pie.

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2011-02-27 13:18   
Quote:

On 2011-02-27 09:16, Admiral Ray wrote:
yes i agree the ugto own most of the main server and the ICC only control Tue we try to take other systems but the ugto always station spam us and the ICC have the ppl sometimes just not the stations to fight back with cuz ppl still need badges for just the simple SS on the other hand ugto and luth have no badges required for stations so its easy for them to station spam ICC and i thinks thats the biggest prob

imho: More ICC stations wont help much, they cant stop the shrooms, get killed or hulled and take too long to get repaired.
More MDs are more effective, flexible and faster repaired.
But i am just repeating myself..
Also if ICC bring multiple MDs, UGTO just leave the battlefield being anoyed, this is kind of a vicious circle.^^

But me agree: It was fun and something diferent then the ole Fargo Rock wars.
And we have to admit 7 RSM shrooms did their job well and ICC needed that help of Luthy. That mutual agreement was a fascinating thing which worked suprisingly long and good.

P.S.: The UGTO dictor died several times, this is what you get! harharhar

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Page created in 0.035623 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR