No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » * Development Blog * » » Fleet levels and more!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
 Author Fleet levels and more!
ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2011-07-01 22:19   
in regards to existing fleets...... especially with large numbers.....

I say all existing fleet memebers be required to verify their email and account information and that the ip address be registered on that, to make sure that the same player on the same fleet with different accounts does not get counted towards the same fleets credit account. That I feel would be an exploit to this new fleet credit system.

Only one player per ip address per fleet.

so if you have 10 accounts you cannot simply add all those accounts into one fleet, But you can have each account if different fleets for that credit to apply to each fleet.

this may help get players that are in a fleet right now but not active to get active.

also by subtracting credits from a fleet due to players that do not register their info to make sure they are at least checking in once and a while would be good as well...
then maybe fleet admins would need to contact thier fleet players or delete them from their fleet in order to not have a debt due to so many inactive players

if your gonna do this you midas put in some rules so this does not get exploited.

here is my 6 basic rules:

1. only one account, per IP, per fleet, applies towards that fleets credit.

2. players in current fleets who have been grandfathered into this system must confirm their account via email to DS. (This request for confirmation will come from DS staff.) or when a fleet admin accepts a recruit.

3. any players who are in a fleet that have not confirmed their account will cause for their fleet to be penalized credits as long as they are unconfirmed players on that fleet.

4. current unconfirmed players can be removed from their fleet and may re-join later, once thier account is confirmed.

5. only players in fleets that are grand fathered in to this system and confirm their accounts within 30 days of this system being active will be considered grand fathered in to the system with their fleet as well.

6. players who are removed from fleets that are grand fathered in to this system in order to save credit for that said fleet will only be allowed to be grand fatehred into the system within the 30 days allowed. after 30 days if a players re-joins the same fleet they will not be part of that same system and the new rules will apply to adding that player which will then depend on the requisite rank of the fleet.

I just want to make this fair for everyone....

so if a fleet has 100 players in it and only 50 of them are active then they better speak to the other players that arent active or delete them from the fleet in order to get the full benefits of the other 50 active players Fleet credits

food for thought?

Email ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Silent Threat { Vier }
Marshal
Anarchy's End

Posted: 2011-07-03 13:17   
Quote:

On 2011-07-01 22:19, ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom) wrote:
in regards to existing fleets...... especially with large numbers.....

I say all existing fleet memebers be required to verify their email and account information and that the ip address be registered on that, to make sure that the same player on the same fleet with different accounts does not get counted towards the same fleets credit account. That I feel would be an exploit to this new fleet credit system.

Only one player per ip address per fleet.

here is my 6 basic rules:

1. only one account, per IP, per fleet, applies towards that fleets credit.

I just want to make this fair for everyone....

food for thought?

Fair for everyone? This is not a good idea. Me and 2 of my brothers all play from the same house with the same internet connection. We have 5 pc's in the house and the ones we use to play are not always the same such as either of the 3 of us will log in from the living room pc at times and other times we will use our own pc's.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-07-03 13:28   
The only grandfathering will be the ability to bypass the limit if your member count exceeds the player limit set for that level. IE, level 0 may have a 10 player limit, and all fleets will be level 0 when the system goes live. However, a current fleet with 50 players will keep those 50 players - they will just not be capable of allowing new members to join.

Every player/account will be capable of donating credits to their fleet which can be used to upgrade it, or for other uses in the future.

Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2011-07-04 17:38   
well my main concern is really about the number of players in a fleet that arent even active that will give a fleet an advantage just by the number of players alone.

What kind of policing will we have implemented so such an exploit is avoided.

also I dont see a large number of players with this situation where there are multiple pc's and multiple users playing the game in the same household, however in that situation I could see an exception done by the staff.

i mean whats to stop 1 person from creating 100 accounts since they are all free and simply making a one man fleet just for the fleet credit?

i just do not like to see people take advantage... in my profession I am involved with security both electronic and personable as well as contracts.
so i guess im just being too real

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-07-04 19:10   
I think you need to re-read the original thread. I don't quite think you've understood how it works...

Players need to donate their own personal credits to the fleet. The fleet doesn't EARN them per member.

Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2011-07-04 20:54   
my bad you are correct i guess i should have not skipped through the post before commenting

Admiral C. Wilson
Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-05 13:16   
I think it would be cool to have planets deadcated to your fleet. example: Fargo Rock, FTL HQ. Under command or ect ect. Or a space station thats does the same thing in orbit of a planet but you could trade enh's, your forums would be there, trade ships, can be used for combat if it comes under attack, used for resuplpply or whatever.

Also, what if a fleet has less than 10 players, mine has 4. I would like my fleet to stay. But the new system would stop that, so any way we could drop the number of players a fleet ahs to have to be grandfathered in with?

comments plaese

Email Admiral C. Wilson
Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2011-07-06 10:16   
Quote:

I would like my fleet to stay. But the new system would stop

when fleet levels are implemented all fleets would get a level of 1. fleets retain their members even if they have more than the limit for level 1.

a fleet with less than 10 members is not going to be removed, unless the fleet has less than 2 members (in which case the fleet will be removed anyways).

learn to read and understand dev posts more.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-06 23:51   
Quote:

On 2011-07-05 13:16, Admiral Chance Wilson*CO* (FS) wrote:
I think it would be cool to have planets deadcated to your fleet. example: Fargo Rock, FTL HQ. Under command or ect ect. Or a space station thats does the same thing in orbit of a planet but you could trade enh's, your forums would be there, trade ships, can be used for combat if it comes under attack, used for resuplpply or whatever.

Your forums will be there?

Does that mean that if we take over Rargo Fock, we'll get to see what's in FTL's private forums? And we can lock 'em out?

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-07 04:00   
Quote:

On 2011-07-06 23:51, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-07-05 13:16, Admiral Chance Wilson*CO* (FS) wrote:

Your forums will be there?

Does that mean that if we take over Rargo Fock, we'll get to see what's in FTL's private forums? And we can lock 'em out?

or even better install a gaint bomb so when they go to use the station they blow up .

or being able to post in their fourm while we are on such a stupid idea.

Cosgrove
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-07 15:54   
YAY!!! COMANDD SHIPS!

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-07 23:41   
Quote:

On 2011-07-07 15:54, Vice Admiral Cosgrove wrote:
YAY!!! COMANDD SHIPS!

Yes, Commando Ships.

Where your entire crew don't put on underwear. Just you wait for 1.675....

DubStep Santa
Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-08 16:37   
cant wait to see this in 2 years

NUTS

Email DubStep Santa
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-22 20:47   
i don't understand, but with these new changes my fleet [PB] has 50k credits, is this based off the age of the fleet?

Email Borgie
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-23 20:19   
Where is this at in development?

Already to late to recal our fleet members on leave?

Apparently so...

Update on this pls

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Page created in 0.039592 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR