No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » * Development Blog * » » Fleet levels and more!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
 Author Fleet levels and more!
Malorn
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-24 00:23   
Quote:

On 2011-06-16 06:53, Enterprise wrote:

You could just make it so that you can donate credits to a faction, and you get influence with that faction in return. When you join a fleet, that influence is pooled, and then you gain additional benefits. That way if a person leaves a fleet they still keep their benefits.

If you want to encourage loyalty within a faction, you could make it so that influence also at the same time affects what benefits you have in other factions. So as, if you donated 1000 credits to Kluth, UGTO and ICC get pissed and your influence with them decreases with each donation until you hit zero.

So either you spend ALOT of money to have a little influence everywhere, or some money to have alot of influence in one place.

Like this system quite a lot.

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-27 17:12   
Im still split on the idea of fleet levels. I do like the idea of people being able to invest in their fleet for benefits. I don't necessarily like the idea that the only options for advancing your fleet being money, money, or money.

I love the idea of commander ships giving nearby ships benefits. What I would really like is if all ships had a built in device that when activated by the presence of a nearby command ship would dispense a small benefit to all the ships within range of the command ship. The benefits would not necessarily play into the role of the ship that dispenses them. IE you wont get much benefit from 13 krills and 1 brood. This way the more diverse fleet should become the more powerful fleet. also the command ship becomes an axis for your fleet but not a sole determining factor so trying to spam command ships will get you nowhere. what it all boils down I want increased diversity and teamwork.

[ This Message was edited by: Scorched Soul[+R] on 2011-07-27 17:15 ]

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
MeguminLife[+R]
Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-28 11:45   
Im going to be honest, I dont play that much but I feel this is a step in the direction of games that I left specifically because they approached the 'pay for x' stuff. First its a little something like 'pay this to get this but it isnt better' than its completely transfered to a pay to win model.

Instead of actually integrating new ships and balancing things, I see you guys trying to dry out what little details you can. There is enough regular players that this is working, but new players that I try to get playing this game immediately notice the lack of new content.

I mean no disrespect or ungratefulness of what is probably one of my favorite games with a great community, but the game is getting stale and new players notice it quickly.

Xavier I. Agamemnon
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-07-29 05:11   
well if you were to add clan battles again i would think a win/loss for that would be cool

Xavier I. Agamemnon
CD/I.C.S Spartacus
HC/I.C.S Athena
CDD/I.C.S Achilles
Leader of the Exathra Alliance Fleet.

Email Xavier I. Agamemnon   Goto the website of Xavier I. Agamemnon
Olbaid
Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-02 01:30   
Quote:

On 2011-07-05 13:16, Admiral Chance Wilson*CO* (FS) wrote:
I think it would be cool to have planets deadcated to your fleet. example: Fargo Rock, FTL HQ. Under command or ect ect. Or a space station thats does the same thing in orbit of a planet but you could trade enh's, your forums would be there, trade ships, can be used for combat if it comes under attack, used for resuplpply or whatever.

Also, what if a fleet has less than 10 players, mine has 4. I would like my fleet to stay. But the new system would stop that, so any way we could drop the number of players a fleet ahs to have to be grandfathered in with?

comments plaese

I like where this idea is going. Allow each fleet to select a home planet, that planet automaticly gains a shipyard and it's resource cost for producing each ship be lowered x%. then allow the credits to be used on orbital enhancements such as extra depots or something of the sort.

((...If Knowledge is Power...

...and Power Corrupts...

...Study hard and be Evil...))

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-08-03 23:22   
Quote:

On 2011-08-02 01:30, Olbaid (RO) wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-07-05 13:16, Admiral Chance Wilson*CO* (FS) wrote:
I think it would be cool to have planets deadcated to your fleet. example: Fargo Rock, FTL HQ. Under command or ect ect. Or a space station thats does the same thing in orbit of a planet but you could trade enh's, your forums would be there, trade ships, can be used for combat if it comes under attack, used for resuplpply or whatever.

Also, what if a fleet has less than 10 players, mine has 4. I would like my fleet to stay. But the new system would stop that, so any way we could drop the number of players a fleet ahs to have to be grandfathered in with?

comments plaese

I like where this idea is going. Allow each fleet to select a home planet, that planet automaticly gains a shipyard and it's resource cost for producing each ship be lowered x%. then allow the credits to be used on orbital enhancements such as extra depots or something of the sort.

Now just replace planet with over sized plat or if you are playing any other space game ever, a station.

[ This Message was edited by: Scorched Soul[+R] on 2011-08-03 23:23 ]

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
RonZo *FC*
Chief Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2011-08-10 20:31   
Excelent work jack!! keep on rocking m8!

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-08-13 21:58   
if this somehow at some cost allows me to fly black Boarder Cruisers with red lasors and black trails and the FTL emblem we are currently working on in place of the ICC logo, WHOOO!

if not meh...

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-08-14 17:14   
Quote:

On 2011-08-13 21:58, *XO*Defiance wrote:
if this somehow at some cost allows me to fly black Boarder Cruisers with red lasors and black trails and the FTL emblem we are currently working on in place of the ICC logo, WHOOO!

if not meh...

Strike cruisers ftw...

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

blockade1
Fleet Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2011-09-04 16:06   
well this should b interesting to see,

TE5LA
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-30 10:14   
I'm no veteran to the game (VA) but I have been a clan leader in many MMO's. It has been my observation that voluntary member contributions are nearly non-existent. I think it would be better if the contributions were mandatory and automatic. Most people are in a fleet (clan, guild) just to benefit from it and not to help it.

I would think a percentage of the member's Prestige would be better than credits. The Prestige would help the fleet just as it does players.

Just my 2-cents...

[ This Message was edited by: TE5LA on 2011-09-30 10:40 ]

Goto the website of TE5LA
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-10-03 23:37   
cept were trying to make use of the DS economy. (real money for credits)

Also, there is no reason to be in a clan on DS. By that very nature alone, nearly all clan members of any fleet are there to colectivly make their fleet and faction better. Its a brotherhood.

FTL
FS
EAFS
Raven
RSM
Zion

I know this applies to those fleets because ive been there, either in my main or an alt.

DarkPaladinDraco
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2011-10-11 20:06   
Interesting ideas, though one thing to consider is the negative effect this sort of idea has had on other MMOs, more specifically WoW and Eve online. The NEX system in eve was very... unhappily recieved in the fact that 32k subscribers up and quit their accounts(confirmed). In regards to WoW, I've heard around 340k players gave up for the same reason(unconfirmed)

Be very careful how it is implemented.

Fatal Mack Bolan(WildCards_58th)*COM*
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2011-10-17 00:41   
look at star wars: empire at war, it has a very interesting way of making control of certain planets worthwhile, i.e. control planet KUAT and star destroyers are 25% less expensive. such a model would make planets in DS revelent again.

just my 200+ credit contribution

humbly,Mack Bolan(GA)(WildCards_58th)®©
R.I.P. Stephen Hawking
R.I.P. sean connery
R.I.P. adam west

Email Fatal Mack Bolan(WildCards_58th)*COM*
Xavier I. Agamemnon
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-10-18 03:12   
Quote:

On 2011-10-17 00:41, Mack Bolan(GA)(WildCards_58th)®© wrote:
look at star wars: empire at war, it has a very interesting way of making control of certain planets worthwhile, i.e. control planet KUAT and star destroyers are 25% less expensive. such a model would make planets in DS revelent again.

just my 200+ credit contribution

humbly,Mack Bolan(GA)(WildCards_58th)®©

i love you man, and i like this idea.

Xavier I. Agamemnon
CD/I.C.S Spartacus
HC/I.C.S Athena
CDD/I.C.S Achilles
Leader of the Exathra Alliance Fleet.

Email Xavier I. Agamemnon   Goto the website of Xavier I. Agamemnon
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023142 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR