No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +4.1 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » Darkspace: Origins
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
 Author Darkspace: Origins
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-07-03 19:31   
Prologue: Betrayal of the Fatal Squadron

It is a time of unrest and peril for the ICC, as their most prominent and influential fleet, Fatal Squadron is reorganized and reinforced with rookies fresh from the academy. Both Admiral Padmavajra and XO Taxi have suffered heavy losses, both in vessels and veteran officers, in battle with the UGTO. Demoralized and numb with grief, they only seek an end to the war. Such a seemingly simple goal is proving more difficult in practice, with the UGTO and K’Luth factions allied against the ICC, due to the indiscriminate bombing raids on UGTO planets.

Of all the ICC officers, only one had the courage to stand against the brutal war crimes of the ICC. That officer is Admiral Michael *GT* Porter. After several bombing raids on civilian UGTO planets, his conscience could be contained no longer. He engaged in attacks on his own bombers, destroying three vessels before a fleet of ICC loyalists arrived to take him into custody. His own crew turned against him, through fear for their families, Michael stands trial on CD*36. He knows he is facing certain execution for his actions, but word of bombing raids on civilian targets is beginning to leak to the ICC public and therefore the ICC High Council must put on a benevolent face.

“Michael Porter, step forward!” says the chairman in a deep, commanding tone that echoes around the dark empty chamber. “You are charged with the willful defiance of your standing orders, disobedience to your commanding officer, and treason! You should be vented from an airlock towards a gas giant for your crimes. However, in light of your distinguished record and years of loyal service, we have decided to stay your execution in favor of mandatory retirement from the fleet. You are hereby on planetary arrest. You may never leave CD*36 for so long as you live.”

Michael almost sasses the chairman for being a slave to the mob, but knowing such a remark would likely cost him his life, he bites his tongue. He is removed from the court and placed in a remote region of the planet to live out his days.

Word of his actions spread to UGTO High Command, having been witnessed by observatories on the planet he saved, and a small scout vessel was deployed for ICC space. That vessel, however, is never heard from again, likely destroyed by ICC border patrols. Fortunately for the UGTO, Michael had the same idea. Using a few shady connections in the black market and a handful of brave old crewmen, he manages enough scraps to construct a small vessel. After months in the wastelands of CD*36, he achieves liftoff. Using his knowledge of ICC sensors technology, he escapes detection all the way to UGTO space.

0600 Hours Zulu Time, October 6th 2275

Michael’s vessel approaches Venus in the Sol system. The Venus colony has been a favorite target of K’Luth bombing raids, which the K’Luth leadership firmly denies of course, so the colony is protected by three battle stations. The closest battle station, Orion, detects Michael’s vessel on approach and begins charging the QST tubes while sending a hail.

“This is Grand Admiral Challenger, of the Orion Battle Station. Unidentified craft, cut your engines and open a communications channel or we will open fire.”

Michael comes to a stop and begins working with some wires to bring a basic communications link together. Grand Admiral Challenger observes the vessel come to a stop, but still receives no signal. He decides to launch a squadron of five fighters out to inspect the vessel. Just as the fighters begin to orbit him, Michael gets his communications online and opens a channel to the station.

“This is Michael Porter. I am an exiled ICC officer seeking to defect to the UGTO.” He explains quickly, fearing he will be fired upon. “Hold your fire!”

Fleet Admiral Hawk, on the Orion recognizes the name and quickly searches the interstellar data network. “Michael Porter!” Hawk exclaims. “Sir, that is Michael Porter. He pilot that turned on the bombers in Luyten. He destroyed several bombers before being overtaken by ICC vessels.”

Grand Admiral Challenger stands in silence for a moment, considering the risks. “Very well. Michael Porter, turn about and proceed to Earth orbit.”

[small][ This Message was edited by: GothThug {C?} on 2007-09-06 19:20 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: GothThug {C?} on 2007-10-13 19:42 ]

Email GothThug {C?}
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-07-03 19:50   
i dont see this ending well.

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-07-03 20:17   
Erm...er... Sentences.. Grammar...

Email Supertrooper
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-07-03 20:46   
I was going to bash this thread. You know, that side that tells me "no, don't do it, he's just a small child who has dreams!" always looses against the "he's a waste of oxygen!".

But then I saw this glimmer.

Quote:

On 2007-07-03 19:31, Twisted GothThug {C?} wrote:
0600 Hours Zulu Time October 6th 2275

Hurrah. We are all saved. I say we shove this piece of Literature Masterpiece into the fiction section immediatly

Rogue Spear
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-07-03 21:46   

[00:34:28 04/07/07] * [=WKA=]Twisted GothThug {C?} @116906 sent to Friends: "LOLZ i didnt leave because FS were mirv whores and ED betches i left because Rogue was making the fleet look bad"

What is a friend you may ask?
Only a few can live up to the task.
Rogue thought he could be such a friend
Still he is betrayed once again
To put it bluntly he doesnt care

For the target is now in his crosshair
As recent events have led us to see
Now we are just repeating history

For most of the community we can get along
In spite of certain people who make things go wrong
Could it be that people never change
This is the way Darkspace works, its always been the same
I remember these moments from years ago
Only to have them happen again, as recent events have shown
Nobody learns there lesson, despite what they claim

Evidently it is man's folley to always stay the same
Voice of the community is the only way
Even if it appears that they mostly dismiss what we say
Remember my words Goth, retribution is just a Rogue Spear away

[ This Message was edited by: Rogue Spear on 2007-07-03 22:41 ]

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-07-03 21:59   
Rogue.. I just want to take this time to say.. you are the greatest man ever graced by these forums.

I SALUTE YE.

*fires off a 21 cheesecake salute!

-Ent

P.S. Goth.. please make your fan fiction comprehensible, dont rant at me you bugger! Its hard to read in its current format. The paperclip can help.

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-07-03 22:01   
Quote:

On 2007-07-03 21:59, Enterprise wrote:
Rogue.. I just want to take this time to say.. you are the greatest man ever graced by these forums.

I SALUTE YE.

-Ent

P.S. Goth.. please make your fan fiction comprehensible, dont rant at me you bugger! Its hard to read in its current format. The paperclip can help.

QF-F'n-T

Bash
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-07-04 12:53   
Quote:

On 2007-07-03 21:59, Enterprise wrote:

I SALUTE YE.

-Ent

What a waste of cheesecakes
01:38:43 Shigernafy: "never trust a brit with your website.."

This message brought to you by the Flying Coffin Foundation"

12:02:07 Doran: "and you never hear AI complaining about how dumb players are"

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-07-08 03:52   
Chapter 1: First Mission: Part 1
0500 Zulu Time March 5th 2275
It was an ordinary morning for the young fleet admiral. He Got up..Took a shower..Got dressed and headed off to work. Upon Arriving at UGTO headquarters he received a breifing from Grand Admiral Carlos Giving Orders for a search and Rescue mission deep in Kluth space. He didnt like this idea. But as a subordinate he has to do as he's told or he goes to the brig. "Aye Sir. i shall have them back in 2-3 days." "you have less than that Porter " "Make it a day in a half." "Aye sir" Now Porter has to find a crew for his Ship.."The WKAS Axeleon" An EAD in orbit around the Luna Shipyard.

0900 Zulu Time March 5th 2275

"Fleet Admiral On the Bridge!" Ensign Renshaw says, "Thank You Ensign as you were" Porter says, "Porter let me introduce you to your crew" Renshaw says, "This is 2nd Lieut. Evan...Your Weapons officer Ensign Faloan...and in Engineering..Vice Admiral Christian" "Okay, Crew, we're goin on a Search and Rescue mission so we need to make this ship battle ready asap..Renshaw..you're doubleing as our Medical officer...get to sickbay and Prepare it for the Injured." "thank you...You are Dismissed" "Engineering" "Aye Sir" prepare for departure" "aye sir...Inertial Dampners at 90%"
The ship then takes off and sets course for Kluth space..The ship class is designated "Elite Assault Dreadnaught" its a tough ship..but has its weak points. Little Does the Fleet Admiral know...he's walking into a trap.

1030 Zulu Time March 5th 2275

"Sir! "we have found the ship...its floating helplessly in space and theres a big gapping hole on the bridge section" "Make a note in the ships log..Found Ship "The EWS Veridian" No Survivors" "Sir we have another ship on scope exiting the system" "on screen" "oh my god...Scan that ship i want to know what that is." The Tactical screen reads it as a kluth siphon But its too heavily damaged to put up a fight. "Sir do we attack?" "Negative..Scan that ship for the Veridian crew" "Im Reading 200 Life Signs..4 Humans" "That means 196 are kluth Warriors...Call in for Reinforcements we're gonna need it"

To Be Continued.....

[ This Message was edited by: GothThug {C?} on 2007-09-06 19:25 ]

Email GothThug {C?}
icansee
Cadet

Posted: 2007-07-08 08:23   
deleted cos goth said i shud he dusnt wuv me

[ This Message was edited by: HMS Blueprint on 2007-07-08 12:33 ]

Glimmer
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-07-08 08:46   
[quote]
On 2007-07-03 20:46, Fattierob (x = (-b + y) / m) wrote:
I was going to bash this thread. You know, that side that tells me "no, don't do it, he's just a small child who has dreams!" always looses against the "he's a waste of oxygen!".

But then I saw this glimmer.

Bothered, NOT............Its people like you who create reasons for others actions.

[ This Message was edited by: Glimmer on 2007-07-08 08:49 ]

Email Glimmer   Goto the website of Glimmer
CrashDown
Cadet

Posted: 2007-07-08 09:23   
MAWAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH omg omg HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH oooh maaaan HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

i need to breathe now ........

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

NinjaGinga
Captain

Posted: 2007-07-08 09:48   
dude goth enoughs enough stop rantin about things its a game jesus, i know im your fleet mate but wow GT dont you know how to makr things worse and tmake you and the fleet hated cus of it, you say about rouge givin FS a bad name dont make it that way about you after all i like you dude dont reduce yourself to the level of ....

Peter Wiggin
Midshipman

Posted: 2007-07-08 11:45   
Meh

[ This Message was edited by: Peter Wiggin on 2007-07-08 12:04 ]

Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2007-07-08 12:45   
Lets stop the Flaming and Start the Loving!

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024624 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR