No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Some UGTO ships needs to be weakened
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
 Author Some UGTO ships needs to be weakened
Rae
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-02-07 16:19   
Quote:

Rant whatever you want ... everyone is entitled to his own opinion. And by the way you post you havent read the whole Lot especially the first 2 pages which pisses most of the kluth players here.

People complain because they Love the game and they want to enjoy it, your post is not being helpfull, mind you.. they have spent more time playing this game than you. They have invested time and money, hell maybe there IRL as well for this game.. Then some $#%$%# telling them this. Grow up and Listen, this is not just one people complaining.

I dont want to RANT but your post is forcing other people to be nasty

I do tend to get carried away, and for that I apologize. However, to paraphrase and clarify and filter all my unhappiness at unspecified complaints, I'll say it as clearly as I can.
Complain away, I'm sure the Devs appreciate it, but include facts. First hand facts if you're having an issue, not unspecified things that happened. Who was there, what did they see, can a bunch of you work co-operatively enough to make it happen again, or was it a rare event? If there is an eccm issue then test it, don't complain about it. Come to the post with facts and be able to back up with pics if possible. I did read the whole thread, and I can see where some kluthies might be offended by some of what Jack said, but by and large he is right until you all can prove him wrong, with evidence.

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-07 20:25   
Quote:
I did read the whole thread, and I can see where some kluthies might be offended by some of what Jack said, but by and large he is right until you all can prove him wrong, with evidence.

i think thats one of the issues in of itself. anything that gets posted on these forums gets responded to by him, and when he responds he always mis enterprets people or flatout doesnt read the post.

so what he does post, he posts in a green suit, and thus is the face of the devs.

so im done posting in this thread and similar threads, cause there is no feedback other than that already mentioned from the dev team. and the feedback we get is face/palm worthy.

Email Meko
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-02-08 08:11   
I've read the posts Meko.

Reading and agreeing, and reading and disagreeing, are two different things though; and it seems you want me to just read and agree with everything and anything anyone posts. This is not always going to happen.

I'm perfectly allowed to not only have my own views, but views seperate to that of the entire development team; I do believe I am an individual afterall. Couple this with the fact that I don't really believe in being anything but to the point and blunt, and that I'm very active on the forums; and you get people who sometimes, tend to be unhappy. I cannot stop people from being unhappy with a decision that has been made concerning things such as this entire thread.

You're all telling us (the dev team) that there is a problem with the EAD (and UGTO ships in general), when all testing is proving otherwise, and months and months of play have proven otherwise. What you don't seem to understand and realise from my posts (which is suggesting that you're the one(s) not reading my posts) is that I'm telling you there's no problem with the balancing.

You can whine and moan all you want, but there is simply nothing wrong with it. You can tell me as much as you want that 5 ships tried to kill one and they didn't, but there could be other forces at play here. One of the pilots in the group of 5 has a history of extremely bad de-sync... I'm forced to take everything into account in these situations, and details like this, are important.

You may not like it, and I don't exactly either, but when players with a history such as Pakhos (sorry, I have nothing against you, and I hope you understand the reasoning) post that they couldn't kill an EAD, wheras another pilot can (not due to pilot skill, but due to desync), I have to take into consideration that he was desynced, and it basically makes the entire statement bogus.

I'll say this one more time, and will lock this thread, because it is largely becoming a back and foward between other players about perceived bias, and other things which are just not true.

There is nothing wrong with K'luth, ICC or UGTO balancing. There can be, and evidence suggests and points to it existing in this particular case, large amounts of de-syncronisation in the game at current and we are diligently working and trying to get it out of the game. Unfortunately, when you state that 5 of you tried to kill a ship, and it didn't die, whereas all testing shows that one ship alone would have no issue, all hands point to other factors playing into the game other than overpoweredness.

I can totally see how it can be seen as that. I've sat there pounding on an AD, thinking he was at 1% hull for quite some time, and got myself killed before I realised I was de-synced. Truth is, not only didn't I hull him, but my weapons were missing him most of the time! You'll never see your weapons missing, but they can and your client will show them hitting, but they won't.

If you wish to post a bug, don't do so on the forums, as the thread will just be deleted (not under my wishes, but hey). Please email support@palestar.com. Do not post a bug without testing it thoroughly first, and with other players testing it as well. We do not want to see "ICC/K'luth/UGTO are overpowered because we couldn't kill one of their ships" when no testing other than the single incident has been done.

And to end this thread, I leave you with a thought:
Just because you do not like the answer, does not make it untrue. It does not mean a moderator/developer/administrator hasn't read your post. All it means is you do not like the answer, and sometimes, that's just the way it is.

- Jack
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2009-02-08 08:20 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
Page created in 0.012740 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR