No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +1.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » Darkspace - Twilight (Now with Alternate Ending!)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
 Author Darkspace - Twilight (Now with Alternate Ending!)
Astral Viper
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-29 17:22   
linna your not a main character your backup the people want the stars of the story.

/me poses sexeh like

GTN wasnt just a Fleet it was a Family we all were and still are and always will be brothers in our hearts.

From the ashes of Earth we rise like a pheonix spreading our wings

Email Astral Viper
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-10-29 22:45   
*wacks vipy*

Technically, there is only one main character... guess who that is

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Astral Viper
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-29 23:54   
theres 3

GTN wasnt just a Fleet it was a Family we all were and still are and always will be brothers in our hearts.

From the ashes of Earth we rise like a pheonix spreading our wings

Email Astral Viper
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-10-30 01:02   
You're right, Coeus, Bito, and Nub!

j/k

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-30 04:32   
and backslash ya twit.

Email Meko
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-10-30 13:28   
Maybe... hehe

Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-11-01 20:56   
I need to know what the ships are that have this handle, The Diligent, and the Charger. I know that the Sobek is a heavy Cruiser and the Diligent has a jump drive. Other than that i have no clue as to what they are. And I nned to know for my side story I've just started.

[ This Message was edited by: Linna Yamazaka 1st RA {Absolut} on 2004-11-01 21:36 ]

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2004-11-02 04:55   
<---------- Me thinks he knows what type ship he has! Well I think I do... LOL There are only two types with a Wormhole Device and I doubt Coeus gave the larger of the two... I am just happy to be a supporting actor... Some day I will become a "Super Star" LOL Anyways this is really good reading... I am just trying to figure out what I was doing in a Jumpcruiser in the middle of a commerce lane... I cannot wait till the next installment.... I am going to print out (read kill what tree's there are out here) to pass amongst my trooper buddies...

Admiral Fatal Rocko Willis (demoted to Captain for writing purposes)
Currently Forward Deployed

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-11-02 13:27   
Oooo... I think I mixed up some ship classes... I'll have to go back over it in a bit... hehe. Ooopsy!

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-11-02 14:08   
*cough* bomber dessy for some uber 1337 dread of mine *cough*

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-11-02 21:12   
Whats that? You'd rather have a scout?

Perhaps an ECCM frigate just before an assault on the k'luth

Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-11-02 22:40   
Soooo When is the next chapter of Your storie comming out, I need it to write more on mine.

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2004-11-03 02:48   
Personnaly I will take whatever ship you give me as long as I get a part... Now it the great scope of things... A Sensor Frigate sneaking in prior to a attack could be a well spun yarn and keep you on the edge of your seat!

Rocko Willis

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-11-03 09:57   
You've already got a ship - the missing Avernus... now I just need to go back and make sure I have the classes right for her...

POSSIBLY today, but I make no promises - I have a VERY intense rehersal schedule from now until the middle of the month (and have for a week or so now), so its all up in the air.

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-11-03 15:14   
Yes! Chapter 14! Secrets revealed, and more questions asked!

I finally decided to leave the Avernus as a Jump Cruiser, makes things easier than changing it

New MS Word doc!

Chapter 14

Wyke smiled as the ICC ships winked off his fleet command screen, either destroyed or jumping out. Sadly, more were jumping than were being taken out, but it was only a matter of time. The ICC apparently couldn’t handle the combined weapons of both ICC and UGTO ships. There was simply too much stacked against them. Back in Sol, however, the scales would be even, if not tipped in their favor. No matter though, the fate of the known galaxy would soon be decided. Wyke left the fleet repair operations in the hands of the only Command Dreadnaught, the Red October. Captain Sonja had proved to be very capable in the micro-managing of the repair teams – those half dozen supply ships that scurried behind the first dreadnaught they could find whenever they came under fire. Only a handful of the supply ships were heavies, and capable of defending themselves.

Wyke trusted Switchblade to organize his own repair teams – and if they weren’t done by the time the UGTO portion of the fleet was, they would give the Shadow Pirates 5 minutes to utilize all available repair ships to get their fleet going. After that, any ship that couldn’t join them was left behind.

“Admiral Wyke, this is the bridge. We have a communiqué from Admiral Aliquis of the ICC Jump Cruiser Cardinalis, they say their jump engines sustained heavy flux damage and it will be about an hour before they can get it operational without assistance.” Wyke growled too low for the speaker to receive, then faced it.

“Very well, contact Captain Sonja and inform her that she is to assign a heavy supply ship to repair the Cardinalis as soon as possible.” Wyke was about to press the button to end the comm., when a thought occurred to him. “Inform her that she is not to take priority over any UGTO dreadnaught, we don’t need mister Alinquis to get overly eager and open a wormhole before the fleet is ready.” Wyke allowed his disdain for his Shadow Pirate allies to come out a bit more than he wanted, but no matter. The bridge crew knew how he felt, as did most of the ship commanders in the fleet.

“Admiral, one more thing.” Wyke would have to teach his comm. officer when [u]not[/u] to give information. “The Havoc has been severely damaged, and Admiral Switchblade is calling for all of his repair crews to focus on them. By our estimates, a full third of his remaining ships will not be anywhere near battle ready status if he allows his ship to take priority. Just thought you should know that, sir.” The comms officer quickly clicked the line off before Wyke could order him killed out of a moment of rage and weakness. This could indeed prove to be a wrinkle. Wyke would have to deal with this personally.

“NubMarine to all ships, as soon as you are repaired by Nereid’s depots, you are to head to the outer marker beacons, and await further assignments. All ships will be taking up a defensive pattern. The UGTO will have to come to us before they can continue into the system, lest they turn their backs to us at the wrong time.” Nub knew that a defensive strategy was a losing one, but without reinforcements the surviving fleet would have no chance against the UGTO in open space. All they could do is hope the planetary defenses could supplement for the lack of starships. All merchant ships had been warned away, and there were message beacons placed at all the local trade routes. It would be a while before traders would want to return to Sol.

As soon as Nub closed the comm. link to the rest of the fleet, he resumed his connection to Juxtapose Station. “So you never did tell me what you think they really wanted.” He said. On the small screen in front of him, Bito appeared to be typing on the inside of Nub’s console, and reading information that was invisible to Nub while staring directly at him. “Stop doing that, Bito, you’re freaking me out.”

“More than you already are?” Bito replied. He stared blankly at the information that was displayed on his own screen. Nub had no way of knowing if Bito even had Nub’s picture up at the moment. “And you can stop sticking your tongue out.” Bito joked.

“Sorry, didn’t think that you had my visual up still.” Nub smiled.

“I didn’t, I just know you too well.” Bito replied. The two bantered for a minute while the information that Bito had sent was relayed across the subspace network. “It should be there by now, I just sent you everything I have on the K’Luth ship, the recording of what they said when they were here, and the reports from everyone who saw them, talked to them, anyone and everyone involved with the encounter.” Bito knew one thing, and that was that he didn’t know what was going on here. He would delegate responsibility as much as he could to draw on the resources of the fleet. What concerned him most was the fact that Coeus was right. That alone was a bad omen.

“Ok, I’ve got it. I’ll start looking it over and determining who to bring into the project.” Nub said. He was ending the conversation.

“Bring in whoever you need, make this a Priority-Alpha assignment, secondary only to combat, of course.” Bito said. “Good luck, and hang on, Hirad should be there soon.”

“I hope you’re right, we’re gonna need him. Ticonderoga out.” The comm. clicked off, and Bito’s face disappeared. From here on out, they were on condition red, which meant that Nub had to keep as many people fresh on their stations as possible. He immediately ordered the ship rotated over to a five rotation schedule until the combat was rejoined, so as to minimize the manned time on station by the primary crew members. The crew had already rehearsed the procedures and timings of the fifth rotation, and were well acquainted with how to carry on. It was the rest of the fleet that occupied Nub’s mind. Right about now he could use that miracle that Coeus had set off to find.

Backslash watched intently as the crews of the two ships traversed the void between them to connect the umbilical links between the two ships. It would only be a short time now before they began dismantling the Anti-Matter drive of the Absolut to provide the parts needed by the Avernus to initiate a Wormhole reaction. The power levels required to create a stable vortex would not be an issue, so much as configuring the gravimetric components. At least, that’s what Charlie said. Exactly what it meant Backslash had no clue. He didn’t care, all he knew is that he would be back in ICC space soon, and hopefully with a real ship.

“Sir, I have the information that you requested.” An ensign said to him. Backslash sat up from his bunk. He didn’t realize he left his door open. He hoped he didn’t say anything that would give him away. “You’re not going to believe this. The order to have you placed in charge of the Absolut came from someone who isn’t even ICC anymore, much less on the ICC command board.” Backslash stood straight up and walked towards the ensign, who shrunk in his presence. It could only be one person. Someone who he would least expect this from.

“Switchblade.” Backslash said, as he read the report.

“Sir, there is more.” The ensign said. Backslash waved him off as he continued to read. What came next was more than he could bear. He sealed his door, sat on the edge of his bunk and stared at the deck. This would not be allowed to stand.

Coeus stood up, brushed the dust off his pants, and stood at attention. Delafelde stood opposite him doing the same. The two officers looked at each other, and waited for Lelandra to come back into the room. Coeus looked at Delafelde, and then motioned towards the door. He walked out without a word, and the siblings were left alone at last.

“You know the room is probably still bugged.” She said. Her brother shook his head and smiled. He took a small round object from his pocket, put it on the coffee table between the two opposing chairs that held the two opposing officers just seconds ago. He pressed the center of it, and a small red light shone from the exact middle of the device. “Doesn’t matter now, this sends out interference across all bandwidths in normal space and subspace. The only way to get anything now is to have the recording device in the room with the bug, hard wired. Now, tell me about my drea-” he started to say, she raised her hand, and went to a corner of the room.

She got out a small incense burner, a few candles, and some other supposedly mystical paraphernalia. She started speaking in a language he didn’t recognize, and he immediately felt the urge to kneel down opposite the coffee table from her. He never did quite understand this power she possessed; even when they were kids she just had this power. The power of her words increased, though her tone and volume stayed the same. She began rocking as she chanted, and all that Coeus saw was his sister, the candles and the incense on the table. A bright flash and Coeus was back on the hull of the Charger. He looked around, tried to shout, tried to scream, but nothing came out. He tried to speak, whisper, sing, hum, mumble – nothing happened. After a moment he gave up.
“You were wise to invoke the will of your sister.” A familiar voice said. Coeus turned around, and faced the two areas of his past that caused him the most pain, the most remorse.

“Pop?” Coeus said. The words sounded distant, and hollow. His father raised a hand before Coeus could utter another word. Captain Beatte stood slightly to the left and behind the chief Fleet Admiral of UGTO’s Alpha Centauri operations – Coeus’ father, he didn’t say a word. Rather than stare at Coeus with the ghastly, fear invoking gaze that he had before, Beatte seemed almost to watch with love and care at Coeus. He turned his attention back to his father.

“I realize you have many questions. Many of the answers you seek I cannot provide, there just isn’t enough time. For now, please just understand that I tried to do what was best for you and Lelandra – as would any parent – but things were not always easy to make happen. Needless to say, there are more urgent matters now than our past. One matter in particular: your future, your sister’s future, the future of all Humans everywhere, and even the K’Luth. There is a storm coming my son, and it will take all of the power of the combined races to weather it.” While his father continued, Coeus stood at attention, listening intently; he was fixated on his father’s every word.

[ This Message was edited by: Coeus on 2004-11-03 15:16 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
Page created in 0.032966 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR