No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +1.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » Darkspace - Twilight (Now with Alternate Ending!)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
 Author Darkspace - Twilight (Now with Alternate Ending!)
Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-09-28 19:41   
Oh goodness that is not good. i feel like it jumped around a little bit. but i might be missing something or forgeting something. Were do i come in? Backup to poor Backslash with my Supply or Heavy Crusier Sobek, Or even my specalily modiflyed Engerneer ship. Reload, three sabots, pluse beams, active shields, antimater drive, AM jumpdrive. with a build in cargo, maybe we might be abe to find a big enought astroid that i might be able to turn it into a depot base for repairs and defece bases for cover and eccm or ecm bases. Just an ideal not known how fast it can be bulit up nore get the workers to it.

I think and have been thinking of making a story of my own. Based off this IF you do not mind me doing so Charger.

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-09-28 20:39   
Oh please do I'd love to start a whole movement of player driven lore to inspire the devs to give us some story archs... hehe.

What exactly did you have a hard time keeping up with? I know that I lose track with it sometimes, but I do my best to follow along with what I've written previously.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Astral Viper
Cadet

Posted: 2004-09-28 22:30   
I hope planet does get in the way lord knows even backlash should be able to hit that

GTN wasnt just a Fleet it was a Family we all were and still are and always will be brothers in our hearts.

From the ashes of Earth we rise like a pheonix spreading our wings

Email Astral Viper
Banshee
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-09-28 22:56   
Backslash couldnt hit a Barn Door with a Nuke... he must be the only person I know intent on ramming a planet and somehow ends up moving away from it

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-09-29 00:34   
ROFL...possible side-story?

Strategery
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-09-29 03:19   
Backy is pretty exceptional at hitting planets

[S.W] Grand Admiral Strategery
ICC Master Battle Strategist (ret.)
Proud Commander of the C.S.S. Ticonderoga

Email Strategery
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-09-29 04:12   
2689"$^*$^"

omg I hardly ever hit planets...Faustus just moves them into me...

and just so classify....Banshee is correct, but only because I Wanted to die, and lag got me and I just went straight through the planet...going the opposite way.

bah, people think im crap :/

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash {Absolut} on 2004-09-29 04:14 ]

Banshee
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-09-29 04:39   
Tis true I watched it happen!

The Rookery

[small][ This Message was edited by: Banshee on 2004-09-29 04:40 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: Banshee on 2004-09-29 04:40 ]

Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-09-29 05:17   
Any points and I'd be glad to start a side storey. And the begains of this next part had me comfused as it was right in the middle of battle. And i do not recall him entering it. They were told to go help, yet i do not reamebr there making it there.

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-29 06:35   
I would say somthing Lenna, but then again, maybe i rather not.

Astral Viper
Cadet

Posted: 2004-09-29 12:01   
he just picked it up in the batle its just how he wanted it to go.
relax you are over analyzing just go with it

GTN wasnt just a Fleet it was a Family we all were and still are and always will be brothers in our hearts.

Email Astral Viper
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-09-29 13:48   
I like to keep my readers guessing as to what goes on behind the scenes, and I also like them to be able to invent the parts of the universe that I leave out.

I think a possible side story would be - of course, the whole GTN-refuge (and how they were betrayed by the UGTO) thing, how the Shadow Pirates came to be lackies of the UGTO, and maybe some history of any side characters that intrigue you. I was thinking of writing a story based on Jameson after this... shorter but still... hehe.

Gonna try and work out another chapter or so now, check back in a bit, but no promises! It might suck... hehe.

[Edit]Oh, and before I forget - I know a few people have asked to be put into the story, and I intend to - but I forget who exactly I know Jay was one person, and I need to know who else. Bear in mind they won't be parts like any of the established characters, but they will be characters and/or ships.

[ This Message was edited by: Coeus {NCX-Charger} on 2004-09-29 13:53 ]

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-09-29 14:50   
Aaaand... here we go again!

New MS Word linky!

Chapter 7

Admiral Jaydawg stood on the bridge of the Battle Cruiser Thor’s Hammer and stared out at the excuse for a fleet that he was a part of. Not only was he despondent that they had taken on ICC traitors, but also because they were so poor of resources that they allowed the ICC to keep the ships they defected with. The insult! To have to fly alongside those ugly, mal-configured, rust buckets that the ICC called starships – there was no greater insult that Jaydawg could think of. Well, maybe one thing would be greater… to have to command one. He sighed, he couldn’t complain though, they needed the support. If this campaign went as it should, he would be back in his hometown in the state of Canada soon. Moving back to his command chair, Jaydawg ordered a comm. channel to Admiral Hermie of the Little Chaoz.

“What’s up, Jay?” Hermie said without looking up. Instead he focused his attention to something off of Jaydawg’s screen. He was busy with the fleet preparations, so Jaydawg wasn’t overly concerned.

“Sir, how long do we intend to fly alongside these ICC traitors?” he spat out the enemy’s acronym. “I keep getting the urge to alpha strike them.” Jaydawg’s first officer had to snicker at that remark, and even Hermie cracked a smirk – albeit a very brief one.

“We will follow our orders to a ‘T’ and endure this gang of thugs for as long as we need them. And don’t you forget, we do need them, at least for this mission. Thankfully, they have graciously offered to take point in the assault – and will even provide the final wormhole into Sol for us.” Jaydawg could tell when there was more going on than anyone was saying, and for once he was pretty sure that he liked the reasoning behind the secret agenda of the UGTO high command.

“I see.” Jaydawg said in a way that Hermie would understand that he understood what was going on. The whole situation could only be described as confusing – but also clear – as is often the case in the political engine that was the UGTO. Even in these trying times.

“So where is the Absolut?” Viper demanded. They had finally lost the enemy ship after a series of disorienting and varied length hyper jumps. Unfortunately, they lost track of Backslash at the same time – an easy enough mistake given the size of the Absolut. The repair drones from the Eternal worked feverishly to patch the holes in the ship’s side as well as mend the damaged internal components of the ship. They should be back up at full operating capacity shortly before their shields were fully recharged. The scanners were the first thing to come online, and they showed the same thing that they did before, nothing.

“I’ve been going over the sensor logs, and the best guess that I can make is that they kept up with us for the first three jumps, but weren’t able to follow us through the fourth – after that…” Chief Lawrence trailed off. A lot of long time ICC seemed to do that, they didn’t like to face the harsh reality of what could be. Ever hopeful, they were. Viper couldn’t begrudge them that though, he understood that when you were put in a lot of the positions that the ICC tended to be, all you had was hope.

“You can say it, Chief. The third stop was very close to an asteroid field, so chances are they got pulverized by a small ‘roid that wouldn’t show up on the sensors of a ship that size.” Viper stated factually.

“Actually sir,” Lawrence retorted, “I was going to say that they probably got their AMJ taken out and were pounced on by that cloaked ship – but thanks for giving me another reason to doubt their survival!” Uck! He even smiled when he said that! Viper needed to be around some Marines more often; at least they mostly communicated with grunts and rarely smiled.

“Ok, let me know when the communication grid is online, and charge the jump engines. I intend to get a signal off to the Charger as soon as possible and let them know what’s going on. Also, get the comm. channel for the Sol Defense Force; we may need to call in some reinforcements.” Viper nodded and let the Chief get back to work. He may not be a commissioned officer, but he was probably one of the best mechanics that he had ever seen. Viper wandered aimlessly around the large ship, providing moral support wherever he could, since he knew almost nothing about UGTO engineering and even less about ICC tech. Right now, all he could do was hope. Hope that his friend was alright, hope that the mysterious enemy that could fire through their cloak without giving off ECM rings or any other sort of giveaway did not find them. He started to understand why the ICC were so hopeful, because the alternative was too painful.

Coeus groaned as he rolled over. Another bad dream. He couldn’t believe it! In the last few days he had less than 10 hours of sleep. Admiral Hirad had come through earlier than promised, and the Charger was at the rendezvous waiting for any sign from the Eternal or Absolut. He was about to head to Med-bay and see if the doc could give him some sleep inducers when a sound roused his mind from its wandering. “Coeus here.” He said.

“Admiral, we just got a communication from the Eternal. They were attacked while investigating what happened to the Avernus. Admiral Viper believes that the force that attacked them was the same one that destroyed the Avernus. He is sending a signal to Sol to request reinforcements, and sir…” the voice trailed off. Coeus moved closer to the speaker.

“And… what?” He felt the lump of worry rise up in his throat.

“Admiral Viper has no idea where the Absolut is, sir. They lost track of Backslash while making a series of hyper-jumps to evade the enemy. They fear the worst.”

Coeus had a hard decision ahead of him now. He thought for a moment, and made it. “Understood. Have Captain Jameson meet me in the Captain’s Rest, transfer all the data that we have collected about Lelandra to the terminal there. Prepare my ship to launch as well, and inform Admiral Hirad that the Charger will be rerouting to Alpha Centauri, request a small wing of destroyers and a few cruisers – and if possible an ECM boat or two.”

“Yes Admiral, and sir… if I may ask, where do you intend to go.” The voice asked. Coeus couldn’t place the officer who owned it.

“I intend to finish our original mission. Coeus out.”

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-09-29 15:03   

Im gonna die!!!

Good story though, your orders are as follows....

"Write more of the story"

"Dont stop writing more of the story till I say so"

"repeat set 1 - 2"

Astral Viper
Cadet

Posted: 2004-09-29 16:39   
damn it back im not going to let you die the big hulking dreads have a purpose and that is to soak up fire

Email Astral Viper
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026967 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR