No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +1.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » Darkspace - Twilight (Now with Alternate Ending!)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
 Author Darkspace - Twilight (Now with Alternate Ending!)
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-29 18:08   

and where am I ??......

again! good story

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-09-29 21:33   
Char name & ship name? I'm trying to pick people who have something to be used as a ship name, but its not easy

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
RagAnok
Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-30 02:33   
Great story..

Telekinesis, thats what you need, just lay back and let your mind do the walking

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-30 06:30   
You could take Admiral Rory "sono" Delafelde, competent and helpful in almost all areas, yet sometimes can be snappy and short-tempered. Gives his best and expects no less of his crew and other captains. Some love, some hate him for that. Not at all anti-social, but when "stuff needs done", you better stick to it while he's around.
Family Background on Earth/Dublin, joined Navy at age of 17, current age 31, unmarried.

Current assignment:
Commander of the "Surprise", an aging yet well-kept UGTO Battle-Dreadnought, commanding officier of the Sol Defense Force Battlegroup (SDFB) 32, currently consisting of the "Surprise" itself, the newly commissioned (green crew, untested ship ;-p ) ST-75 Interdictor "Harpoon", 2 Battle Cruisers that are currently undergoing dockyard repairs and are not available, the "Leapfrog", an ICC Recon Scout which joined the group 2 weeks ago and who's captain he is - much to his own surprise - quite pleased with, as well as an even more aging ST-8005 which you will have to think of a name for yourself..

Yay, can you tell that i'm bored at work again.. Use it or not, up to you.

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-09-30 10:34   
Problem with ship assignments, story takes place in the MV as it was two or three weeks ago, UGTO held Nicea then, and only Nicea... there was no sol defense for the uglies... hehehehe

Possibly, I need names to toss around TYVM

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-30 10:39   
Quote:

On 2004-09-30 10:34, Coeus {NCX-Charger} wrote:
Problem with ship assignments, story takes place in the MV as it was two or three weeks ago, UGTO held Nicea then, and only Nicea... there was no sol defense for the uglies... hehehehe

Not to be correcting you on your own story, but i picked that Battlegroup ID based on your own writings

> Also, get the comm. channel for the Sol Defense Force; we may need to call in
> some reinforcements.” Viper nodded and let the Chief get back to work.

Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-09-30 11:11   
1st RA Linna Yamazaka
ICC Sobek a Supply or heavy cruiser
OR

My specalily modiflyed Engerneer ship. Reload, three sabots, pluse beams, active shields, antimater drive, AM jumpdrive. with a build in cargo with Inf.
there you go for name rank and ship name.

Done by [S.W]little_chaoz (affe force) *hugs* thanks

[ This Message was edited by: Linna Yamazaka 1st RA on 2004-09-30 11:15 ]

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Astral Viper
Cadet

Posted: 2004-09-30 12:11   
sono it was the icc sol defence force i was callin g for help on account of icc owned it

GTN wasnt just a Fleet it was a Family we all were and still are and always will be brothers in our hearts.

From the ashes of Earth we rise like a pheonix spreading our wings

Email Astral Viper
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-09-30 13:39   
Hehe, trying to nitpick my own story!

Please do though, keep me on my toes... heh

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-10-01 10:23   
Time to mix things up a bit

I am trying to include as many different people as possible - and all the people who have asked to be included, but its hard to keep track, please post info that you would like to be included - it makes it easier for me, that way I don't have to sift through fleet lists & invent combos of ship & commander names... hehe

That said... New Linky! Enjoy!

[Edit]And much to my embarassment... Banshee just told me that he is Hirad... LOL, so Banshee in Chapter 8 & beyond is changed to Fornax

Chapter 8

Bito leaned forward in his seat. He couldn’t believe what he was hearing. A new weapon, possibly K’Luth but probably UGTO, that was attacking ships near Sol, and it couldn’t be detected at all.

“To make matters worse,” Fornax said over the comm. link, “Coeus has apparently taken his own ship and headed off alone to find the woman he was originally searching for.” Admiral Fornax said. He looked over the reports in his own state of disbelief. He never knew Coeus all that well, but he knew enough of his reputation to be a fair bit shocked at his behavior. “What do you want us to do?” he tried to prod Bito out of his self-deliberation.

“I’ll send a message to the council, tell them what’s going on, and explain the dangers.” Bito thought for a moment. “I want you to send a message to all the available sector commanders, prepare to move the bulk of the fleet, set Nicea on a defensive lockdown and don’t let any ships in or out. And Fornax…”

Fornax looked up at the screen, he was surrounded by Bito’s head on all sides, yet it was only natural to look to the monitor just above eye level. “Yes, sir?”

“I cannot emphasize this enough. NO ships are to leave Nicea, is that clear?” Bito gave one of those fear and awe inspiring stares that were lost on Fornax.

“Crystal clear, Admiral.”

“My lord.” The small servant inched her way into the room. Hawk could tell by the smell of fear and the quiver in her voice that the news this messenger brought would most likely mean her death.

“What is it?” Hawk did not look away from the window overlooking the ugly blue planet known as Earth. Such a horrible and disgusting color, blue…

“Well, m- m- my lord-d… I have a report for you from the Phantom Knight… Lord Landaus says that he has engaged two more of the enemy…”
Hawk just had to smile, with Lord Armand already in the Sol system and making a slow pace to Earth to avoid detection, they only needed Lord Landaus and one other. “Excellent, when will he rejoin us?” Hawk bellowed.

“That is the thing, magistrate… he won’t.” the small servant shrunk some more inside herself. She looked sheepishly at Hawk as he roared and sputtered. “Well, lord, I mean… they sustained heavy battle damage due to the innate weakness of the K’Luth prizes we have captured, and has no idea where the two craft he encountered are, nor whether they have sig-” she uttered her last breath on the way to the floor as Hawk removed the blade from her lifeless spine. Her face landed with a thud on its side, her eyes and mouth locked open in an odd attitude of fear, pain, and relief. Hawk let out a relieved growl as he re-sheathed the blood stained honor-blade.

“Clean that up.” He ordered to the stoic guards that stood just inside the doorway of Hawk’s personal chambers. He hated a mess. So these humans were slightly more powerful than Hawk had originally anticipated. So his K’Luth prisoners had warned. What intrigued Hawk the most was their technology. Despite the similarities between the two factions of humans, there were distinct technological and even a few genetic differences between them. Hawk intended to find out why, and through that whether these genetic differences posed him any threat.

“Bridge.” Hawk yelled. After they confirmed, he set them to work. “And channel the link directly to my terminal as well, I want to research on my own from their databases.” He would record everything about the humans, for when they were nothing but museum exhibits.

Wyke sat on the bridge of his own Elite Assault Dreadnaught, the Depthcharge, and clasped his hands in front of him. He looked out at the ragtag fleet that he commanded. There was a time when not even a Commander would accept the command of a “fleet” like this. No matter, these days would soon be parted, and Wyke would be able to sit in his own station and sip some genuine Earl Grey once more.

“Sir, the Sythe reports they are standing by to open a wormhole to the rally point deep inside the home cluster, but far enough away from any star systems so as to prevent detection.” The comm. babbled. Wyke didn’t know nor care who owned the voice or what ship he was from. All that mattered was the message itself.

“Very well, engage the Wormhole device and order all ships to embark.” Wyke smiled, so the war was to come down to this. So be it.

Admiral Yamazaka dropped her coffee cup on the ground and stood up from her chair. She couldn’t believe what she was seeing.

“I’ve got Earth Central on the line, Admiral!” her comm. officer, Lieutenant Norris said. There was enough fear and energy in his voice to break a lesser man. Lucky for Linna however, Lieutenant Norris wasn’t a lesser man.

“This is First Rear Admiral Linna Yamazaka, in command of the Heavy Cruiser Sobek on patrol outside of Sol space. Authorization alpha-alpha-0-3-tango. We have just picked up a wormhole 2000gu off our port-bow. We have traced it back to the Umbrella cluster in Nicea, and are currently reading more than three dozen ships bearing down on us, and can detect energy spikes from more incoming vessels. We are currently interdicted and are trying to make best speed out of range to jump to safet-” Linna cut her report short as another wormhole opened up 500gu dead ahead. They were starting to receive long range fire from the many enemy ships that were hot on their tail. “Give me some good news about that wormhole.” Yamazaka said. She hoped and prayed.

“Admiral Yamazaka, this is Fleet Admiral NubMarine of the Ticonderoga, make full steam to port to avoid incoming friendlies through the wormhole off your bow. Prepare to join up with the 5th Fleet in formation; you’re stationed off my starboard aft.”

Linna grinned, ordered her helm to comply, and resumed praying.

[ This Message was edited by: Coeus {NCX-Charger} on 2004-10-29 17:27 ]

AdmBito
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-10-01 12:32   
Quote:

Bito gave one of those fear and awe inspiring stares that were lost on Banshee.

Simply brilliant...

Puppies gotta die, too.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-10-01 15:21   
hahaha

its funny because its true ^^

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-10-01 23:23   
Sadly I didn't know that Banshee was also Hirad, so in Chapter 8 it was changed to Fornax from banshee... but I think it still fits

I was gonna finish chapter 8, but decided to get drunk and bump this instead

Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-10-03 21:08   
wait a second..isnt Linna Yamakaza....female?....

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-10-04 10:38   
Change made to Linna, sorry! Hehe

Woot, more chapterage! Conclusion to Chapter 8 & the start of 9, expect the rest, possibly, before I'm done classes today, but I'm hungry now! Hehe.

As always, a New Linky for the MS Doc file... though you might as well just wait for the final one to come out... heh.

Coeus knelt down on the dusty ground, and examined the path ahead of him. He glanced back at his hover-car, and sighed. It had only taken him a half-day’s journey in hyperspace to reach the planet where he suspected Lelandra of hiding out. He had found out from a small town near the spaceport that she had indeed landed here, and being the backwater planet that this was no ships have left for, nor have any actually left orbit of the world. Coeus discovered that she was still here, but she was not alone. The tracks clearly indicated that one ancient wheeled vehicle had passed by here, which is what some of the people that Coeus questioned had said Lelandra had driven. The problem was that the tire tracks were overridden by a pair of hover tracks, about the size of Coeus’ hover-car, a little larger perhaps. Four person cabs, he guessed.

Coeus muttered under his breath, and took a swig from his canteen. He took out his pulse-pistol and checked the charge, put it and the canteen in their respective holsters on his belt, and stood up. Squinting off into the distance, Coeus could barely make out the dust settling from one, maybe two vehicles. From the amount of dust in the air, he figured that they were either wheeled vehicles that were fairly near, or hover-cars that were some distance away. He sighed, and walked over to where the hover-car had settled on the hot, dry bed of dirt. He was surrounded by a world of brown, with smatterings of green and a red-yellow sun blaring from overhead.

Coeus got into the hover-car, and cursed himself for not insisting one with climate control. ‘At least the window controls still work’ Coeus thought as he started up the hover-car, and put it in motion before the dust kicked up from the anti-gravity bed could infiltrate the open windows and choke him some more. Glancing over at the Marine issue pulse-rifle that he had brought with him, Coeus began planning for possible situations. Whatever lay ahead of him, it was not good if other people were looking for Lelandra too. The timing was too convenient for it to be coincidence.

“Admiral Hirad.” A voice roused the old man from his sleep. He never could sleep except on Coldheart Station, which had been his home for longer than he could remember. He was assigned there since it was commissioned into service when Hirad was but a lowly Ensign.

“What is it?” he growled as he turned over to face the speaker. Such an annoying piece of technology, life must have been so much more pleasant when people had to actually remember numbers to make a call. How ridiculous was that… numbers! No one must have talked to each-other from the effort it would have taken.

“Sir, we have a report from the Sol defense force, they have engaged a UGTO fleet that has left from Nicea star-space. They are requesting reinforcements, and are falling back to the edge of Sol space. We have a report that Admiral Fornax is attempting to follow suit, but the UGTO apparently have a device in Nicea that is preventing any wormholes from stabilizing. Fornax believes that it is stolen tech that the Shadow Pirates took with them and used to barter their way into the UGTO fleet.”

“If that’s true, than Sol will fall unless we get into position to defend it. What is the ETA on that boomer we are supposed to intercept?” Hirad made some quick calculations in his mind, it would take two wormholes established to reach the Sol system, or three wormholes if there was a Jump Cruiser or two nearby. It would take too long for the JC that Hirad had sent to help Coeus along to his mission destination to get back and rejoin the fleet.

“It should be here within 48 hours, Admiral.” The voice said. Hirad could hear the operations of the station going on behind the speaker.
“Very well, inform Admiral NubMarine that we are en-route to the outer edges of Sol and will be there within a day. Order an Assault Dreadnaught and a Combat Destroyer to remain behind to intercept and seize the freighter before it can achieve its objective.” Hirad said. He thought for a moment, and then said, “And get me Admiral Bito, we need to conference about this.” Hirad switched off the display, and then rolled off the edge of his bed. There was still something that stood out in Hirad’s mind, something that needed to be done. What was it… the old man gave up thinking about it, and pushed the notion aside as he dressed and headed off for the bridge.

Chapter 9

“So there is nothing left?” the shadowed man said. His head ached, and he felt a dullness in his chest that would kill a weaker heart. Charlie leaned over and dabbed some of the blood away from Backslash’s eyes so he could see a little clearer.

“Not a thing, sir. The entire bridge… it could only have been an asteroid, because after the hit … well, nothing happened after the hit. We can only assume that everyone on the bridge deck was vaporized by the blast, at least we hope.” Charlie looked away; he felt the pain of the losses as well as anyone. Many of his top engineers and good friends were working on getting the bridge operational when it was destroyed. There hadn’t even been time for an alarm to sound, just … Charlie tried not to think of it.

“Well that’s it, we’re done. Set up a makeshift command room somewhere near Engineering, get the jump drives back online ASAP and plot us a course to the nearest friendly shipyard.” Backslash was still in a state of shock. The entire bridge… just gone. Even in battle with the UGTO and K’Luth none of the factions aimed for the bridge of a ship – it was far more valuable to either completely destroy a ship, which meant focusing on the segments that controlled the most power, engines, star-drive, weapons, or to capture a ship which entailed the tricky business of disabling a ships engines and weapons. Not many ships got captured. In all of this however, Backslash had never seen a ship loose it’s bridge. Not once, it just didn’t happen!

“Um, that is part of the problem sir.” Charlie said softly. This was something that no one outside of the Admiral and the surviving engineering staff needed to know. “We don’t have enough fuel to make a jump to friendly territory.”

This was just what Backslash needed. His ship was hopelessly crippled, currently defenseless, and stranded too far from safety to hope for reinforcements with a strange, invisible ship wandering around preying on ICC ships. “Find the Eternal, Charlie. We have to find her.” Their very lives depended on it.

Switchblade smirked as the Havoc rocked under another blast. They had fought hard, but his former comrades of the ICC were simply outmatched. The UGTO had the upper hand in both the number and power of their ships. He ordered his helm to pursue the aptly named cruiser Damage. She was running full steam firing some random shots and trying desperately to lay a minefield in her wake. He didn’t know who commanded the Damage and didn’t care. All that mattered now was that she would never make it back to port alive.

“Sir, incoming AD from the starboard bow!” Switchblade’s helmsman said. “She is getting ready to alpha strike!” He was preparing some evasive maneuvers.

“Understood, stay on course, prepare a pulse wave.” Switchblade ordered. He was glad now more than ever that the UGTO had been so ship-poor that they let him keep his ship. “Take us to the other side of that mine trail so that they are off our starboard.” He commanded. The battle was going well, the ICC in this sector were poorly trained. “Steady.” He began timing the pulse wave and needed CL2k fire in his head to do the most damage to the now trailing AD. “Steady.” He said one more time, raised his hand towards his weapon officer. “And NOW!” he shouted. Switchblade stood up and watched the monitor as all the nuclear mines behind him were vaporized. Another monitor showed that the Enigma was losing shield integrity from the blast. “Fire laser batteries; continue cycling fire at the Damage. Prepare boarding parties, and get ready to shift primary target to the Enigma.” Yes, the battle was progressing very well.

“Admiral Viper, there is a report coming in, a distortion the size of a cloaked Mantis class attack Dreadnaught was sighted leaving the system and heading towards Sol space. I think we are in the clear, sir.”

Viper glanced over at the comm. officer on duty, and opened his mouth, “and just what makes you think that is our bogy, ensign?” he said in a sullen voice. The Eternal had been fully operational for hours now and were scouting the asteroid field where the Absolut was last reported. They had only found some debris so far, but thankfully it was nowhere near enough to be the entire ship, maybe an engine or – Viper feared – the bridge.

“Well sir, the engineering vessel that spotted the distortion opened fire to see, and they were destroyed in a matter of seconds, nearby observation posts showed no increase in signature from the point of firing, their cloak was never penetrated.”

“That sounds like our ship, it was reported leaving the system you said?” Viper sat up. Finally, some good news to brighten his day, week, and month. The ensign nodded, and turned back to his console. Viper looked around the bridge. Most of the officers were looking at him expectedly. They wanted to go home as much as he did, but they had a job to do. “Activate active sensors, start sending out hails on all ICC channels, increase speed to 15, and someone bring me a cup of coffee.” He grinned; they were going to find the Absolut, if they had to spend a year searching this field.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025198 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR