No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Suggestions: Balance of Power, etc.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
 Author Suggestions: Balance of Power, etc.
Sputter{TB}
Grand Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-04-01 20:44   
i like how people talk about icc planet camping when we have maybe 1/5 the player base lol and i see ugto hug with 4 stns and a few dreads, whenever i'm playing as icc i go out to attack anyone in the area and try to get other follow me, if we are hugging its probly because we are outnumberd by a 3:1 ratio min but even then i'll still go say hello

Email Sputter{TB}
G.Adm. Kirk
Grand Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-04-01 21:23   
Quote:

On 2010-04-01 20:44, Sputter{TB} wrote:
i like how people talk about icc planet camping when we have maybe 1/5 the player base lol and i see ugto hug with 4 stns and a few dreads, whenever i'm playing as icc i go out to attack anyone in the area and try to get other follow me, if we are hugging its probly because we are outnumberd by a 3:1 ratio min but even then i'll still go say hello

We had 4 scouts out at once today. It was amazing.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-01 21:40   
Four!

Four Scouts! We had eight out at some point.

Now that you know how awesome it is, let's have Scout battles.

G.Adm. Kirk
Grand Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-04-01 23:08   
Quote:

On 2010-04-01 21:40, Bardiche wrote:
Four!

Four Scouts! We had eight out at some point.

Now that you know how awesome it is, let's have Scout battles.

Anytime, Bard. Just /send me if I'm on

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-02 00:58   
I think this topic is gone too long without giving a result to both side.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-02 01:00   
There is a fine line between planet camping and planet defending. Planet camping is when you outnumber your opponents 2:1 and do nothing with it. This has happened many many times with UGTO, we on ICC have had only 3 people on at one time vs 17 UGTO and not once did they come our way. They were retaking a few Kluth planets (Paul and Bene) and did take them quite quickly. Meanwhile we on ICC took that time to fortify the Loakmay cluster by placing weapon platforms and such around the gate outside of QST range. Only a few times did a dread or something come through the gate, even a luthie came through and ran back. The 3 that were on were me, afro man and Nithis (yes it was an FTL party). Had UGTO moved all of there ships through at once we would of been nuked. Yes they would of had some damage and maybe a loss or two but nothing major. We still would of had to surrender the cluster eventually due to sheer numbers.

Other times are when ICC is attacking with still fewer numbers then UGTO has yet they still sit there. Even when 1 simple jump would force the entire fleet to fall back or be wiped out. I don't know what it takes to get the uggies TO MOVE! Do we need to don cloaks and look like Kluth?

Planet defending is when you are clearly outnumbered 2:1 or even 4:1 and you use the planet as a shield.

I don't know about attacking Kluth since recently all ICC has seen is nothing but UGTO ships or planets, and maybe a random luth far far from home.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-02 01:03   
Quote:

On 2010-04-01 15:24, Ian9018's Ghost wrote:
Ziiing!

Although if they don't cloak then yes, a ship of equivalent class will pwn a k'luth ship, they got guns but they dont have any armor. If they alpha --> cloak --> alpha --> cloak they wear you down and yer the one jumping instead beause they just repair everything you throw. They know if they get hull it's nothing new. They know if you get hulled it isn't going away.

How many k'luth do you see just try to duke it out in a cruiser anyways -.-

[ This Message was edited by: Ian9018's Ghost on 2010-04-01 15:32 ]

question. Do u slug it out punch to punch with a guy who weighs 50 pounds more than you, or do you dodge and jab?

Common sense dictates your decision, don't you think?

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-04-02 08:27   
Just fixed a major ELF bug, next release you should see it working again.

El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-02 10:12   
[quote]
On 2010-03-31 16:18, Crow Starcommander*CO* wrote:
Quote:

This also brings up the other question. Why were K'luth created in the first place if they have been such a headache for all this time? Wouldn't it of been easier to make a faction that didn't have cloak, thus resulting in an easier time of balancing? Don't get me wrong cloak is a great idea but as I said before it needs to have its weaknesses too. Only recently, dose it have 1 1/2 weaknesses, ping and sig. There needs to be a device (limit 10% of current faction numbers) that can completely decloak a luth. This will limit the abusing of said device still allowing Kluth to do what they do best but have a smaller chance of surviving after the assault. Currently Kltuh ships are hard to bring down because the players themselves are cowards. Wanting to be invincible and never dieing. A lot of the attitude of ICC is not caring if the die or not. "Oh nose I lost a ship and almost no pres", "I lost a charge on my enh what shall I ever do!" Usually we dont care about dieing because death in this version is a joke now. Yet somehow people want to care about there K/D which is a joke now that AI count toward it and you can skew it all you want. Yes I too remember the days of late 1.4 when death was a major thing and you lost a lot of pres and your ship. When Kluth attack and focus fire on me or someone else I will target the most damaged ship first in an attempt to take it with me or at least damaged it a lot before getting out (JD willing). If my JD is still charging I will either attempt to SD and take some with me again while damaging the closest target. This is when in a Station, in my AD its shoot the target till it dies or leaves then jump out myself. All those strategy's are situational and no one strategy will rule them all.

P.S. Wall of text.

Man some one is big on them selves...

On many occassions I have seen Starcommander in a station jump in and attack a lone K'luth with the thought EASY KILL. Low and behold other K'luth ships jump him, now he has been in combat about 20 - 30 seconds, a second station jumps in to assist him, supply and combat support, you know what I mean, funny thing about calling K'luth cowards we mostly stay and fight as long as possibly, and if your flying someones wing you stay till they jump out, you protect them, you die if need be, but I am getting away from what I am saying, on more than one occassion I see some one jump in in a station to help Star and what happens is as soon as his J-drive is charged he is out leaving his fleet mate high and dry, and in most cases DEAD. So careful of throwing the coward lable around.

As for why the K'luth where brought into the game, it was to make it interesting, for with out them DS would be a dead horse. All that would be happening in the servers would be the ICC and the UGTO doing their Huggie Huggie planet CAMPING... nough said.
[ This Message was edited by: El Desterrado on 2010-04-02 10:30 ]

El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-02 10:29   
Quote:

On 2010-04-02 08:27, BackSlash wrote:

If it's fixed Backslash we will love you for ever...

ALL BOW AND PAY HOMAGE TO THE GREAT BACKSLASH...

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-04-02 14:40   
Am i a planet campee ='[

RageMastaFlex
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-02 18:13   
Quote:

On 2010-03-30 02:33, Tael wrote:
We've discussed having cloak not work within 250 or 500 gu of a planet to stop tranny rushes... And to keep Kluth from planet hugging and getting them back out in deep space like they were intended.

Yeah, cause Luth are the planet huggers...

Email RageMastaFlex
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-02 20:17   
Quote:

On 2010-04-02 10:29, El Desterrado wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-04-02 08:27, BackSlash wrote:

If it's fixed Backslash we will love you for ever...

ALL BOW AND PAY HOMAGE TO THE GREAT BACKSLASH...

(sources told me they were disabled all this time. Enabling it doesn't fix it's too-short range though)

[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2010-04-02 20:25 ]

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-02 21:11   
personaly, i think cloak is fine at the moment. UGTO usualy outnumber by 4:1 or something like that before they even stop planet camping, and usualy have plenty of ECCM and pcannonuberspam anyway.

i agree, the EAD needs a buff of some sort. i find battle dreds deadlier close up, and i believe its not meant to be that way.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-02 23:57   
Quote:

On 2010-04-02 10:12, El Desterrado wrote:

Man some one is big on them selves...

On many occassions I have seen Starcommander in a station jump in and attack a lone K'luth with the thought EASY KILL. Low and behold other K'luth ships jump him, now he has been in combat about 20 - 30 seconds, a second station jumps in to assist him, supply and combat support, you know what I mean, funny thing about calling K'luth cowards we mostly stay and fight as long as possibly, and if your flying someones wing you stay till they jump out, you protect them, you die if need be, but I am getting away from what I am saying, on more than one occassion I see some one jump in in a station to help Star and what happens is as soon as his J-drive is charged he is out leaving his fleet mate high and dry, and in most cases DEAD. So careful of throwing the coward lable around.

As for why the K'luth where brought into the game, it was to make it interesting, for with out them DS would be a dead horse. All that would be happening in the servers would be the ICC and the UGTO doing their Huggie Huggie planet CAMPING... nough said.
[ This Message was edited by: El Desterrado on 2010-04-02 10:30 ]

Again, everything is situational. Yes I will leave combat depending on how hard I am getting hit and how low the hull is. Sometimes it comes close other times I'm dead. Yes I do have people back me up, something called baiting that all sides do. The baitee will leave when there JD is done or there hull reaches X amount and they will start looking for a jump out. What better bait to use then a juicy seemingly alone station? Kluth are masters of baiting since you have no idea how many are really there. could be just the 1 or 30 you just never know. UGTO and ICC can do it too, only the fleet needs to be at a planet or in deep space. Plainly stated, Kluth have no counter and the one ship that can stand up to there "firepower" are station's. ECCM is, and I will say it again, NOT, repeat, NOT a counter to cloak.

Read a little deeper into the post and see that I stated EVERYTHING IS SITUATIONAL! No one strategy will work and when things go bad it gose bad fast when against luth for some reason.

Yes I do have a hatred for Kluth still. Why? I remember in the early days flying the ED and Combat Dessy and getting 1 hit poped by a luth before I knew anything happened. Useally this was when we were fighting UGTO and no luth were around for thousands of gu. Am I bias on this fact? Yes but it don't stop me from attempting to figure out how to balance a game based on experiences from other games.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Page created in 0.059252 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR