No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Suggestions: Balance of Power, etc.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
 Author Suggestions: Balance of Power, etc.
ssj4megaman
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-31 14:43   
The one thing i do notice ALOT in this game that maybe some people are not looking at, is that kluth is alot more stragetic/coordinated when it comes to fighting. We back up each other ALWAYS.

You hardly ever see 1 kluth fighting someone it usually that person being jumped by 2, 3+ ships, and ALOt of the player base has access to krills which is why alot of people are saying it OP because we focus fire..

Heck probably about a year ago i had a post along with mr sparkle about the uber ead that took on 7+ dreads and still got away with 30% + hull or something like that. I havent been playing years straight but keep leaving and comming back so i dont know myself.

The other thing i see ALOt is that you guys dont backup your people very well. I cannot say how many countless times i have seen someone jump away from battle and nobody goes to defend him or help. If a luthie jumps away nearly dead most likely 1 or 2 other ships will jump to his aid especially if he is under attack, and that usually is the whole fleet comming to help.

And when you guys coordinate ping, we die...

Email ssj4megaman
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-31 16:18   
Quote:

On 2010-03-31 14:43, ssj4megaman wrote:
The one thing i do notice ALOT in this game that maybe some people are not looking at, is that kluth is alot more stragetic/coordinated when it comes to fighting. We back up each other ALWAYS.

You hardly ever see 1 kluth fighting someone it usually that person being jumped by 2, 3+ ships, and ALOt of the player base has access to krills which is why alot of people are saying it OP because we focus fire..

Heck probably about a year ago i had a post along with mr sparkle about the uber ead that took on 7+ dreads and still got away with 30% + hull or something like that. I havent been playing years straight but keep leaving and comming back so i dont know myself.

The other thing i see ALOt is that you guys dont backup your people very well. I cannot say how many countless times i have seen someone jump away from battle and nobody goes to defend him or help. If a luthie jumps away nearly dead most likely 1 or 2 other ships will jump to his aid especially if he is under attack, and that usually is the whole fleet comming to help.

And when you guys coordinate ping, we die...

When an almost dead luth jumps out its pointless to try and track, when you exit you just cloak. Sometimes people dont pay attention to where there ship is pointed when they E-jump out. I myself have made that mistake and only a few times made it out alive. ICC will usually have a jump out point for people whether that be back through the gate or somewhere with a SCB and platforms.

Yes a lot of the playerbase now has access to the Krill which is showing how powerful the krill is now. It was good when only maybe 2 or 3 were out there but now that almost everyone can fly one all those SI are now just too much. The only time I can play as luth is in scen and I like the siphon a lot. I was fighting Fridge a few nights ago with one and I didn't kill him in his BD but I did make him jump out. The siphon works just like the AD dose for ICC, you gotta be almost NOT MOVING to get more then 1 alpha out. This leads to more tatical placing when cloaked. When your target gets out of range or can doge those slow AM's you cloak and repeat. I shouldn't need to be explaining this at all.

Quote:

ICC missle dread 3 eccm
ICC command carrier 3 eccm
ICC combat dread 1 eccm
ICC bomber dread 3 eccm
ICC assault dread 1 eccm
ICC support station 4 eccm
ICC line station 1 eccm
ICC sector command 4 eccm

1 of each of these ships within 300 gu of eachother would make any kluth ship around 200sig if it uncloaked anywhere near them. ICC shouldnt have problems with cloakers since they should have a good 1-2minutes of shooting a target.

Lets see UGTO
UGTO carrier dread 3 eccm
UGTO battle dread 1 eccm
UGTO command dread 3 eccm
UGTO agincourt carrier 2 eccm
UGTO elite assault dread 0 eccm
UGTO support station 2 eccm
UGTO battle station 1 eccm
UGTO command station 4 eccm

1 of each of these ships within 300 gu of eachother would make any kluth ship around 160sig if it uncloaked anywhere near them. ICC should have any problems with cloakers since they should have a good minute of shooting the target.

Now lets see adding all this to ping time then the random players in cruisers, dessys and scouts I dont see what the problem would be of killing kluth.

Maybe if you guys would stop planet hugging and attacking us it would do something. Nearly all the time I am in sag its reloading gang missles or repairing so I do see what goes on. I see kluth ships orbiting a planet thats loaded with UGTO and the UGTO sit around repairing eachother while we shoot them with missles cannons and sometimes SI. Occasionally 1 or 2 UGTO will stray off and get ate by 3-4 kluth uncloaking around them then they complain.

ICC I ususally see try fight kluth around 1000 or 2000gu of the planet or on 1 occasion we double teamed UGTO planet huggers.

Need I say more about signature?

People use those to ping with, meaning we can ping more then once. Thats why we dont have them running all the time, plus the energy cost. When we see a cloaking luth we start pinging it to Finnish it off. We also will just do random ping checks to scan for any luths that might be sneaking into the middle of the fleet. I remember doing that once and killing a krill that had snuck in and was sitting exactly in the middle of the fleet.

This also brings up the other question. Why were K'luth created in the first place if they have been such a headache for all this time? Wouldn't it of been easier to make a faction that didn't have cloak, thus resulting in an easier time of balancing? Don't get me wrong cloak is a great idea but as I said before it needs to have its weaknesses too. Only recently, dose it have 1 1/2 weaknesses, ping and sig. There needs to be a device (limit 10% of current faction numbers) that can completely decloak a luth. This will limit the abusing of said device still allowing Kluth to do what they do best but have a smaller chance of surviving after the assault. Currently Kltuh ships are hard to bring down because the players themselves are cowards. Wanting to be invincible and never dieing. A lot of the attitude of ICC is not caring if the die or not. "Oh nose I lost a ship and almost no pres", "I lost a charge on my enh what shall I ever do!" Usually we dont care about dieing because death in this version is a joke now. Yet somehow people want to care about there K/D which is a joke now that AI count toward it and you can skew it all you want. Yes I too remember the days of late 1.4 when death was a major thing and you lost a lot of pres and your ship. When Kluth attack and focus fire on me or someone else I will target the most damaged ship first in an attempt to take it with me or at least damaged it a lot before getting out (JD willing). If my JD is still charging I will either attempt to SD and take some with me again while damaging the closest target. This is when in a Station, in my AD its shoot the target till it dies or leaves then jump out myself. All those strategy's are situational and no one strategy will rule them all.

P.S. Wall of text.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-31 21:28   
Quote:

On 2010-03-31 11:55, ~Zeus~ wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-03-30 02:14, F.Adm. Kirk wrote:
I didn't ever request a "win key" for UGTO. The cloak should just be *possible* to beat. Right now, it is found only through a glitch in the eccm code that turned into a feature.

Oh, and I should make it clear. Not all of those ideas were created or endorsed by Az. The three major points were spawned out of a half an hour or so of convos, but I took some liberty explaining. I guess I should have said that these views are not necesarily endorsed by all parties. (Though most are).
[ This Message was edited by: F.Adm. Kirk on 2010-03-30 02:16 ]

So your saying you Ugto have been expluting a glitch in the game??????

QFT.

ECCM pinging should be removed from the game!!!

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-31 21:42   
Quote:

On 2010-03-31 16:18, Crow Starcommander*CO* wrote:

This also brings up the other question. Why were K'luth created in the first place if they have been such a headache for all this time?

You state the obvious, Hoonam.

We exist specifically to give you massive headaches. What do you think those Ruptors and SIs are for? A nice back massage?

Quote:

Currently Kltuh ships are hard to bring down because the players themselves are cowards. Wanting to be invincible and never dieing. A lot of the attitude of ICC is not caring if the die or not.

"Oh nose I lost a ship and almost no pres", "I lost a charge on my enh what shall I ever do!" Usually we dont care about dieing because death in this version is a joke now. Yet somehow people want to care about there K/D which is a joke now that AI count toward it and you can skew it all you want. Yes I too remember the days of late 1.4 when death was a major thing and you lost a lot of ......

I quote Patton:

"Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country. "

So to you, I say: Nanny nanny poo poo!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-03-31 22:09 ]

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-31 22:19   
HM after some few/y flame wars in game, and few battles some things came to me, as i flew my BD in the fight to save another dreads

Kluth uses more tactics and Strategy for 1 very simple reason, "THere having a MUCH much easier time doing so than the other 2 faction"

SInce a Kluth Dread can almost makes 2 jumps when 1 Uggi or ICC dread can make 1 and recharge, ITs easier and much faster for them to position, escape, Position themself. Also addign the Cloak, even thou they cant Cloak jump( althought i heard a rumor theres a way) THe fact there JD recharge much faster brings them into a state of combat readyness faster than humans can, Well all know the 1 Alpha jump out?

Also for the fact that EVEN thou we can ping them, THey still use Cloak to position themself, i ran into an argument ingame that they told use we should do same to win

We do not have the time, nor the ability to do so as often as Kluth, If a battle starts , it will eventually splits into groups for both sides, Kluth can cloak and Regroup, while others attempt to"Ping there targets" during that time, Kluth got an open discussion, that can sometime last verylong, on Wich Heavy supply ships there gonna gang 4 Krills on, and successfully position themselves

It also come to my attention, During a Ping of a Krill, the Krill was killed, Althou, I was told that THat Ping there was Effective...Sadly i am far from convinced, it took 4 BD and an EAD to track that krill down after Multiple Jumps after him, his mistake was he always jumped only2kgu Away, and everytime he did so, one of the PArked Dreads would jump straight to him, so it added up more Human dreads

I do not Beleive that Weak armor is enough to cover all of these Advantages they have, since Energy covers for there Firepowere, WHat covers for there Faster JD? Whatcovers for there Cloak?

DO not say weak armor, because if you do, you lsot track of the meaning of "Balanced"

I do not ask to Nerf anything, Not the CLoak, not the Armor, Not UGTO or ICC (Althoug i do beleive the ICC Combat dread could use some extra firepower to bring up to match )
ANd i do not ask of an Umber effective Anti cloak crap.

I actually don't ask almost anything, DEvs are doign already a Very great job at there attemps and even the fact they consider and answers all of your ideads,

((Thank yew Devs!!! we <3 yew))
Im just showing this point, and Bringing up this Question

COuld theses Advantage, instead of being stacked on one Faction, Instead of Buffing or Nerfing anything, Can be evened out between the factions?

EDIT:I ALMOST FORGOT

1 more advante they also ahve is the faster Repairs, both hull due to AHR and Armor sinc,e weill its skin lol
YOu will often see a Krill at 12% that just left the fight come back 20 seconds later 100% armor but with the very same Hull at 12% and before he get lower, he will makes sure he can jump out befor hes hulled and after he sent out few Alphas of 8 SI ( or whatever the number the Krills have) the other Dreads cannot dream of such a thing, Instead they have to go bakc to a Palnet and repairs and Be Called Planet huggers for fixing themselves up

[ This Message was edited by: Zero28 on 2010-03-31 22:30 ]
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

*Admiral Lucian*
Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-01 04:34   
Quote:

On 2010-03-31 22:19, Zero28 wrote:
1 more advante they also ahve is the faster Repairs, both hull due to AHR and Armor sinc,e weill its skin lol
YOu will often see a Krill at 12% that just left the fight come back 20 seconds later 100% armor but with the very same Hull at 12% and before he get lower, he will makes sure he can jump out befor hes hulled and after he sent out few Alphas of 8 SI ( or whatever the number the Krills have) the other Dreads cannot dream of such a thing, Instead they have to go bakc to a Palnet and repairs and Be Called Planet huggers for fixing themselves up

Kluth get less armor in return for faster regeneration on everything(except hull from what i can tell its the same as everyone else) and of course cloak. The thing I see most is 3 or 4 stations orbiting a planet staying away from the kluths not trying to organize.

Earlier today there was 4 ugto stations 2 dreads and 3 repair ships verses 6 kluth dreads 3 krill 1 mandi 1 gang with 2 of us repairing. The whole entire battle the 4 ugto stations sat there trying to range shoot us from 1000gu and move behind the planet so they couldnt get shot at even though they had nearly full armor. If all these UGTO were to jump on us and ping they would wipe us all out if we didnt jump first.
This went on for over a hour I was there only our krills would go close get to 50% hull come back to us repair then jump in again.

I never see any teamwork or grouping from UGTO or ICC unless it seems we out number them. Its as if they think "oh were outnumbered we going to die anyways lets just attack them".

I watched krill drop to 50% hull after shooting off 2 alphas with all them focusing fire so whats the problem just because we have strategy and movements dont mean you guys shouldnt even if you dont have cloak.

Also on a side note I never see icc and ugto fighting EVER! Is this because you can see eachother? lol

[ This Message was edited by: *Vice Admiral Lucian* on 2010-04-01 04:35 ]

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-01 05:01   
Quote:

On 2010-04-01 04:34, *Vice Admiral Lucian* wrote:
Quote:

Kluth get less armor in return for faster regeneration on everything(except hull from what i can tell its the same as everyone else) and of course cloak. The thing I see most is 3 or 4 stations orbiting a planet staying away from the kluths not trying to organize.

Earlier today there was 4 ugto stations 2 dreads and 3 repair ships verses 6 kluth dreads 3 krill 1 mandi 1 gang with 2 of us repairing. The whole entire battle the 4 ugto stations sat there trying to range shoot us from 1000gu and move behind the planet so they couldnt get shot at even though they had nearly full armor. If all these UGTO were to jump on us and ping they would wipe us all out if we didnt jump first.
This went on for over a hour I was there only our krills would go close get to 50% hull come back to us repair then jump in again.

I never see any teamwork or grouping from UGTO or ICC unless it seems we out number them. Its as if they think "oh were outnumbered we going to die anyways lets just attack them".

I watched krill drop to 50% hull after shooting off 2 alphas with all them focusing fire so whats the problem just because we have strategy and movements dont mean you guys shouldnt even if you dont have cloak.

Also on a side note I never see icc and ugto fighting EVER! Is this because you can see eachother? lol

[ This Message was edited by: *Vice Admiral Lucian* on 2010-04-01 04:35 ]

ICC and UGTO fight quite often its just we get tired of it because they sit there at there planet all snug and fighter spam us rather then fight.

No on in there right mind will jump a grouped Kluth fleet, thats just asking to die since our JD doesn't change fast at all, much less stations.

Your hull comes back faster then ours because of AHR even tho your hull HP is the same as ours. This brings up another issue, with the new hull HP's Kluth ships got a ton more powerful. Since they can take a beating from ICC ships and keep rolling. It was hard enough to kill them and now with that extra hull HP and there armor taking about 1 alpha to get through (depending on ENH of target and my own) you can see the issue.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-01 05:15   
Quote:

Currently Kltuh ships are hard to bring down because the players themselves are cowards. Wanting to be invincible and never dieing.

AND

Quote:

On 2010-04-01 05:01, Crow Starcommander*CO* wrote:

ICC and UGTO fight quite often its just we get tired of it because they sit there at there planet all snug and fighter spam us rather then fight.

you can see the issue.

What I see is that you have been infected with "otherguy syndrome". It's a horrible disease, creating the delusion that everything that happens to you is teh "otherguy's" fault.

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2010-04-01 05:16 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-01 10:18   
Quote:

PArked Dreads

Oh , i am gonna so kill ya !

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-01 10:57   
Everyone planet hugs. Everyone complains about this. And everyone is hard to kill.

There. Compromise. Less QQ moar pewpew

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-01 11:34   
Quote:

Says the MD spammers
when we come you run toward your 3 Planets next to each other and MD spam, of course we get bored of fighting you.

NOt onyl that when we EVen start a Fight ICC Kluth only come in to crash the Party, not for gettign involved, but by ganging on one of the Factions, and this ganging, keeps going even after the fight, and while theres a huge fight going on, therese 1 lil kluthy that abuses the Tranny rush again lol

Quote:

No on in there right mind will jump a grouped Kluth fleet, thats just asking to die since our JD doesn't change fast at all, much less stations.

Your hull comes back faster then ours because of AHR even tho your hull HP is the same as ours. This brings up another issue, with the new hull HP's Kluth ships got a ton more powerful. Since they can take a beating from ICC ships and keep rolling. It was hard enough to kill them and now with that extra hull HP and there armor taking about 1 alpha to get through (depending on ENH of target and my own) you can see the issue.

Exactly

Quote:

you can see the issue.

What I see is that you have been infected with "otherguy syndrome". It's a horrible disease, creating the delusion that everything that happens to you is teh "otherguy's" fault.

What i see is the Fact you twist and moves words and comments of other peoples.
Take it this way, you think its our fault if We hug anythign, and we think its your fault for hitting us in the back and forcing us to hug and get repaired

HOWEVER
i do have to agree, 4 station trying not to get shot at and hide behind planet when at full is a bit pathetic, but hey, Long range attack dont work on Kluth (missiles and Fighter) wich make Ganglia very annoying and, well they don't truly know how many other krills are cloaked or How many will track after his jump escape
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-01 12:29   
The Ganglia is not and has not been a very much used ship. In fact, of all the luth dreads, this is the rarest to be seen. I started experimenting with it a few days ago in response to the constant planet hugging of both factions. Seems it can go a long way in making planets uncomfortable IF THERE ARE ENOUGH GANGS AND COMBAT TO BACK THEM UP. I put all that in caps because it doesnt happen very often, and it is an important qualifier.

For the Krill: It should be a Marshal ranked ship. That alone would make it a little less prevailant on the faction. Even still, I find it laughable that people think that 6 forward firing SI are really OP. They only have 2 cannons besides, and when you engage with all the flashlights, your energy goes fast.

My point wasnt to twist words either. Those are HIS words. Once saying that UGTO is lame because of XXX and once because K'Luth were XXX. I think it was a valid observation, and not twisting at all. It wasnt even meant to smack him. It was to point out that when you have that type of a view than you arent really being totally honest with yourself.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
G.Adm. Kirk
Grand Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-04-01 14:12   
Quote:

On 2010-04-01 12:29, Azreal wrote:
The Ganglia is not and has not been a very much used ship. In fact, of all the luth dreads, this is the rarest to be seen. I started experimenting with it a few days ago in response to the constant planet hugging of both factions. Seems it can go a long way in making planets uncomfortable IF THERE ARE ENOUGH GANGS AND COMBAT TO BACK THEM UP. I put all that in caps because it doesnt happen very often, and it is an important qualifier.

For the Krill: It should be a Marshal ranked ship. That alone would make it a little less prevailant on the faction. Even still, I find it laughable that people think that 6 forward firing SI are really OP. They only have 2 cannons besides, and when you engage with all the flashlights, your energy goes fast.

My point wasnt to twist words either. Those are HIS words. Once saying that UGTO is lame because of XXX and once because K'Luth were XXX. I think it was a valid observation, and not twisting at all. It wasnt even meant to smack him. It was to point out that when you have that type of a view than you arent really being totally honest with yourself.

1 on 1 an EAD can take a Krill. Two Krills gets dicey. I pewpew'd Z's Krill earlier and his tinfoil did indeed melt as it should.

*Admiral Lucian*
Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-01 15:22   
Quote:

Everyone missle spams boohoo. Yesterday in scenario 3 of us were on missle dread and all got wiped out by 1 EAD because we just jumped to the planet to try range kluth from venus. Missle dreads are not strong at all and nither is kluth armor.

1 front Alpha from a AD on Scale kluths best cruiser goes down to 80% hull so you cant tell me that 2-3 stations dreads and what ever else cant jump and ping a kluth ships? They would all be trying to turn for reposition where you can nail them hard and MAYBE with some TEAMWORK get a few kills. You said yourself that you just die to kluth anyways but you wont jump them with a group of you? I guess that explains my previous statement " You only jump kluth when your outnumbered because you know your going to die anyways".

Scale vs Torpedo cruiser = Torpedo cruiser wins even if I hit from behind.
Scale vs Assault cruiser = Assault cruiser wins even if i hit from behind.
(was straight up 1v1 no cloak except my first attack from behind)

You say hull makes kluth a ton stronger. Were only a ton stronger then you because we have teamwork.

[ This Message was edited by: *Vice Admiral Lucian* on 2010-04-01 15:24 ]

Anathemia
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-01 15:24   
Ziiing!

Although if they don't cloak then yes, a ship of equivalent class will pwn a k'luth ship, they got guns but they dont have any armor. If they alpha --> cloak --> alpha --> cloak they wear you down and yer the one jumping instead beause they just repair everything you throw. They know if they get hull it's nothing new. They know if you get hulled it isn't going away.

How many k'luth do you see just try to duke it out in a cruiser anyways -.-

[ This Message was edited by: Ian9018's Ghost on 2010-04-01 15:32 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023738 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR