No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Suggestions: Balance of Power, etc.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
 Author Suggestions: Balance of Power, etc.
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-03-30 19:28   
Quote:

On 2010-03-30 19:05, Pakhos wrote:

Jack, doesnt matter how hard do you try to explain ,it wont work for kluth players when you are talking about the only super ship for kluth and a nerf bat. So in exchange what will we have? Will kluth players get a dread at VA? Why had to nerf already twice the krill since 1.5 came out? Will we get our spent credits on krills after u nerf the energy? (In a case we wont like and fly it). If people dont like getting shoot at their ass will kluth get a hammer head ead style armor?(no way we can go toe to toe). Isnt there realy any desadvantage on kluth faction? Is everything at our favour?

Realy want to see answer for each question!

Not quite sure what you're on about here...

First, K'luth have two super dreadnoughts, whereas ICC and UGTO only have the one. In exchange for nerfing the Krill's energy, you get a balanced ship much like the rest of your ships, and others. K'luth have no reason to get a dreadnought at VA, their cruiser does more damage than the UGTO and ICC dreadnoughts at that rank.

We've nerfed the Krill twice already because it required it. We wouldn't have done it if there was no need to, and there is DEFINATELY a need to - there is absolutely no way that the Krill was ever meant to have the energy management that it currently has. It goes against every corner of the very design K'luth is based on. We give K'luth INSANE damage because it's limited by the energy you use. You are FORCED to go back under cloak to A) regain energy and B) avoid damage. The Krill does not apply the first rule, but does insane damage. This needs to be fixed.

I'll state this again, because somehow you've managed to miss it: there is an issue with the Krill's energy management, nothing else.

And if K'luth don't like getting shot up the rear, I suggest you use the little feature we gave you called cloak.

- Jack

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-30 19:29   
#1 The Siphon is Kluth's super dread, if going by tech level (it requires 100 tech).

#2 If Backslash is hinting that they might be limiting the amount of big ships that be used at any one time, that will anger a whole lot of people. No way would I want to play a game where I'm forced to use a smaller, lower ranked ship just because there's already a lot of ships my rank ingame already.

I don't think anyone else would either.

Flying them for the good of the faction is one thing, being forced to is quite another.

And I've said this before: If the limitation comes in the form of spawned ships using up planet resources, that's another big problem, because that poor person mining in an extractor for his ship will constantly see those resources used by others sitting at the spawn screen all waiting for enough resources to spawn their ships. It used to happen all the time in scenario, so imagine today's MV.

Summary: Bad idea to limit the ships a player can use beyond the already existing prestige and badge limitations.

EDIT: Forgot this:

- Grouping system which allows players to form groups within their faction in-game. Grouped players share stat gains in all stats categories based on the rank of the player.

You complete that, minus sharing stat gains in all stats categories and there's your incentive to fly the smaller ships without being forced to. Why minus sharing stat gains? Because I feel it's ridiculous that someone can earn their badges without actually earning their badges. I feel that earning for instance engineering badges should require the player to actually engineer rather than just group with someone who's building, or they should actually cap planets instead of just grouping with someone who's going around capping while they fly combat.
[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2010-03-30 19:32 ]

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-30 20:52   
Quote:

On 2010-03-30 19:28, BackSlash wrote:

Not quite sure what you're on about here...

First, K'luth have two super dreadnoughts, whereas ICC and UGTO only have the one. In exchange for nerfing the Krill's energy, you get a balanced ship much like the rest of your ships, and others. K'luth have no reason to get a dreadnought at VA, their cruiser does more damage than the UGTO and ICC dreadnoughts at that rank.

We've nerfed the Krill twice already because it required it. We wouldn't have done it if there was no need to, and there is DEFINATELY a need to - there is absolutely no way that the Krill was ever meant to have the energy management that it currently has. It goes against every corner of the very design K'luth is based on. We give K'luth INSANE damage because it's limited by the energy you use. You are FORCED to go back under cloak to A) regain energy and B) avoid damage. The Krill does not apply the first rule, but does insane damage. This needs to be fixed.

I'll state this again, because somehow you've managed to miss it: there is an issue with the Krill's energy management, nothing else.

And if K'luth don't like getting shot up the rear, I suggest you use the little feature we gave you called cloak.

- Jack

Jack , Ugto says that they dont like be shoot at rear.Not kluth . Talking about people want more rear armor on EAD...

Krill has no insane damage ability .Infact there are only 2 ships on kluth side which can give a insane damage to enemy . MANDIBLE and SIPHON.

Anyway u didnt answer all my questions as always.

Do we have everything on our favour as kluth? (This one will make my day for sure)

*Admiral Lucian*
Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-30 21:30   
Few suggestions after reading through this thread.

Kluth ships get uncloacked by eccm/scanner good idea but for those of you that dont play kluth we also have a slight cooldown after cloak depending sig. Kluth ships cannot shoot drop infantry or recloak after sig has reached the level depending on ecms/eccms/scanners. A kluth ship that would have 100+ sig after uncloak will have to wait around 30-40seconds before it can shoot or unload infantry. USE THIS TO YOUR ADVANTAGE NO NEED FOR NERF.

If cloak is disabled around planets give kluth transports the same armor as icc and ugto transports. Yesterday after coming out of jump from a dictor I realized the 4 torpedo hits from plats took down all armor and 80% hull(later i seen a icc heavy transport take 2 full mandi hits before it went down). IF cloak gets nerfed around planets at least give us some more defense.

As for the planet resources. IF you guys do plan to make planets use resources please make mines/factorys less useless. Right now the players with the high ranks lock the planets to build on and ask the lower rank players to get resources for them. Of course its for the better of the faction in that map but getting resources dont yield prestige which wastes time. Increasing the production of mines to make them = to extractor beams and lowering the resources of ships (games getting very popular soon there will be alot of people playing and needing their ships which is alot of time wasted getting resources). Please note I have not experiemented with mines and factorys but from what I hear they are no where near close to mining beams.

EDIT: Another idea came to me. To get rid of the large abuse of tranny rushes from all factions; a load decrease. Light transport 2 or 3 infantry and Heavy 4 or 5 infantry. Extractor ships should remain the same because most players wont think its worth loosing the prestige to drop 10 infantry on a planet. This way a planet with enough barracks could hold its own. Having this option will also get players back into bombing ships(when bombs get fixed) because in all the time I have been here I have seen maybe 3 or 4 people bombing.
[ This Message was edited by: *Vice Admiral Lucian* on 2010-03-30 21:45 ]

Caleb
Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-03-30 21:57   
I think we can see the main oints people want or dont want changed

1. The Krill needs something done to its energy to comply with its factions guideline

2. The EAD does need a few beams at least on its aft

3. Something needs to be done about k'luth cloak i am not trying to get it destroyed completely because that would wreck the game but it is i dare say it overpowered my argument against the dictor ship becoming anti cloak is: The dictor disables jump drives 100% because you have to waste a fighting ship for it nobody would waste a whole ship with our small numbers on something that is ineffective and say makes the k'luth appear for 3 secs and nobody wants a ship that disable cloak 100%. Also since K'luth get cloak on EVERY ship we need something to stop(not completely) cloak on EVERY ship i am not sure on what this could be but not another pinging thing which shows us them for 1 sec and has massive cooldown.

4. Cloak if it isnt nerfed a lot mabye give it a cooldown make it take longer to do once un cloak everything has a cooldown say 3 secs and when you cloak your projectiles are destroyed or make it use more energy to fit K'luth.

EDIT: also if the K'luth dont like planet huggers dont make an anti cloak device planetary based only

[CEC]Caleb
[ This Message was edited by: caleb on 2010-03-30 21:59 ]

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-30 22:23   
Kluth transports should have the same armor as UGTO and ICC in return for losing there cloak this I have stated before. So that all trannys are the same no matter the faction. Anti cloak fields are a GOOD idea for planets forcing Kluth to stay away from enemy planets or risk getting shot.

ECCM is not the answer to cloak its just a bug in the code. Skilled players can get about 2 volleys into a ship after a ping before losing it to evasive maneuvers by the Kluth. These are volleys that dont always do 100% damage and usually are from ranged weps which are weaker then the beams from EAD's and AD's. A true anti cloak pulse like what was mentioned in a post or the idea for a dictor like ship with an anti cloak device are the answer to it.

How would a luth counter this device? He jumps a ways away and gets other players with him to take down the ship. Organization is key to this game, something a lot of people forget about.

Quote:

Krill has no insane damage ability .Infact there are only 2 ships on kluth side which can give a insane damage to enemy . MANDIBLE and SIPHON.

Anyway u didnt answer all my questions as always.

Do we have everything on our favour as kluth? (This one will make my day for sure)

Krill has massive damage ability's because of the SI, and the reason its energy is so long lasting is because the SI has a low power cost.

Your big hitters are the Krill and siphon. Krill because of the SI which have a hard impact damage which is good vs hull poor vs armor. Siphon because of the AM torps, those things will just eat a ship alive when they hit, not to mention the assault disruptor's and normals plus the 4 SI.

You should know all of this since you are a Kluth player it shouldn't take an ICC player to explain it.

To answer your question...yes you do. Reason, the vary cloak you have. Missiles dont keep moving to the last known sensor contact and you can always move into the best position undetected most of the time. Where as ICC has to work at it to be able to use there power (missiles) and UGTO works either way. Kluth are the one faction that can always get into there weapon range 100% of the time. ICC has there missiles but we can't hit you if we cant see you and our ships suck mostly in close combat except for the AD and stations. UGTO has there firepower to melt your armor and there particle cannons do more damage the closer you are. The circle of power should look like UGTO beats K'luth, Kluth beats ICC, and ICC beats UGTO. However its always felt like Kluth beats ALL because of the cloaking device.

Quote:

Kluth ships get uncloacked by eccm/scanner good idea but for those of you that dont play kluth we also have a slight cooldown after cloak depending sig. Kluth ships cannot shoot drop infantry or recloak after sig has reached the level depending on ecms/eccms/scanners. A kluth ship that would have 100+ sig after uncloak will have to wait around 30-40seconds before it can shoot or unload infantry. USE THIS TO YOUR ADVANTAGE NO NEED FOR NERF.

It takes a dedicated planet to do that or a lot of sensor plats that are easily killed. If we had planets with a lot of ECCM it would be great for anti kluth but would suck at defending itself against bombing or fighter bombing. The only places you can make such a planet are in clusters that are orbiting a binary system. You can then turn a barren planet into one of these that protects the rest of the cluster. Case in point, Luyten and Sirius are the two systems that come to mind. In luyten you can make Michelle that planet or in Sirius (in scen at least) turn Taf into that. Again this can only occur at certain planets in certain systems otherwise we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I always wondered why Kluth had the one extra ship. I mean all the others match up to each other. EAD/Siphon/AD, Combat Dread/Battle Dread/Mandible, Ganglia/Missile Dread/Carrier Dread and Aggie. The Krill is on a scale all its own above the others. Not to mention it only needs 90 tech and less resources then a siphon to spawn (something is horribly wrong with that).

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-30 22:45   
Quote:

On 2010-03-30 22:23, Crow Starcommander*CO* wrote:
Your big hitters are the Krill and siphon. Krill because of the SI which have a hard impact damage which is good vs hull poor vs armor.

Just pointing out that this is a bit of a misunderstanding. It's only reflective armor that reduces SI damage. The reason they seem better vs hull is because hulls have way fewer hit points than armor (is hit points the right term?), especially if that armor is reflective.

So it's not that SI are poor vs armor, it's that armor takes way more of a beating than any hull does.

Siphons are indeed heavy hitters but their energy usage is so high it makes you cry. AM torps use a ridiculous amount of energy for the damage they do.

Let me say this: If ELF beams were fixed and brought back to the usefulness they once had, meaning longer range (range is way too short) and significant energy stolen from the target (meaning not simply increasing energy recharge for the siphon without affecting the target's energy) I wouldn't be opposed to removing the Krill from the game entirely, so long as any credits spent on existing Krills were refunded of course.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-30 23:09   
Quote:

On 2010-03-30 18:34, F.Adm. Kirk wrote:
I do like the concept of mixing up big ships and little ships, but there should be some incentive for the player to make that choice, instead of an arbitrary rule. When I can make 4000 pres/day shrooming around for a few hours, why should I pull a dessie? I do occassionally still pull one out, but only becuase the fleet is in desparate need. If there was some way to make a prestige reward for flying smaller ships, I think that most non-ga's would hop out of the station without much coaxing.

thats a problem right there players who are more worried about points vrs just playing to have fun.

Email Borgie
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-30 23:13   
Quote:

On 2010-03-30 09:49, Bardiche wrote:
I'm saying it mostly because back-attacking is something K'luth alone can monopolise. Giving a powerful ship a weakness isn't really absurd - the AD has similar lack of offence in its back. Granted, it has shielding and an armour plate there, making it superior to the EAD in terms of defences.

But the weakness of an EAD can be covered by flying another ship behind it to guard its rear. This is simply a matter of devising a strategy to cover weaknesses.

And, of course, EAD isn't the ideal ship to use against K'luth because of all the cloaking and sneaking behind the back. It's all just a matter of strategy and tactics to cover the EAD's weaknesses.

(PS: You must be crazy, suggesting ICC or UGTO to jump a Krill. Who knows how many Krill cloak around it. I wouldn't jump a Krill unless I was sure others'd join in the jump because of LOLAMBUSH)

Wait a minute. It IS an Elite ASSAULT Dread ain't it?

Just like the K'Luth's Claw and Parasite, which are basically assault type ships, heavy on the forward facing short ranged Ruptors and forward armor.

They all have something in common, and that's having weaker rear armor and very few, if any at all, rear facing weapons.

I mean.... "Assault"....? Are we missing something here?

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-30 23:19   
Quote:

On 2010-03-30 12:20, Tael wrote:
People are focusing on planet hug comments, and sorry to say, every time I go in server I see Kluth all clustered and hugging planets.

Maybe these two or three players dont do it, but I see it all the time now.

But what the K'luth players are ignoring is the bigger problem, the cloak tranny rush.

There is no way for the humans to defend their planets if the Kluth can send in 4 or 5 transports full of inf cloaked, get 50 gu from the surfaces, and uncloak and drop inf. Nearly instant take over of the planet.

Tael,

The only time Kluths are around planets is when

- They're repping at a depot/supp plat
- They're building
- They're preparing for a hoonam assault and are cloaked and waiting for the jump in....
- They're AFK
- They have nothing to do, nobody to kill, so they shoot the breeze around a lump of rock dreaming about their next hoonam lunch.
- They're outnumbered by a factor of more than 2 to 1, and there's no point

You can bet your bottom dollar that if there're hoonams in the same system, we'll be on their asses faster than you can drop a coin.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-31 00:36   
Quote:

On 2010-03-30 22:45, MrSparkle wrote:
Quote:

Your big hitters are the Krill and siphon. Krill because of the SI which have a hard impact damage which is good vs hull poor vs armor.

Just pointing out that this is a bit of a misunderstanding. It's only reflective armor that reduces SI damage. The reason they seem better vs hull is because hulls have way fewer hit points than armor (is hit points the right term?), especially if that armor is reflective.

So it's not that SI are poor vs armor, it's that armor takes way more of a beating than any hull does.

Siphons are indeed heavy hitters but their energy usage is so high it makes you cry. AM torps use a ridiculous amount of energy for the damage they do.

Let me say this: If ELF beams were fixed and brought back to the usefulness they once had, meaning longer range (range is way too short) and significant energy stolen from the target (meaning not simply increasing energy recharge for the siphon without affecting the target's energy) I wouldn't be opposed to removing the Krill from the game entirely, so long as any credits spent on existing Krills were refunded of course.

SI are Kinetic and Psi damage so ablative reduces there damage not reflective which reduces energy (beam). I agree on the ELF beams there short range coupled with poor location on the model makes them useless. piloting a siphon is just like piloting an EAD or AD, you get the same amount of alphas out of them. You just gotta know WHEN to space bar and how often since all of those ships are not "hurr hurr i space bar I r is gud". AM use the same energy (from what I have noticed anyways) as any of the other torps. Also we are talking stock ship to stock ship, humans will use a combo of PFE and AFE drives for more energy and get about 1.5 more alphas out of there ships before energy is gone.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Sputter{TB}
Grand Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-03-31 01:17   
anyone ever think that the icc combat dread needs a fix of its loadout, seems rather messed up to me with all the missiles, feels kinda useless

Email Sputter{TB}
*Admiral Lucian*
Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-31 01:18   
Quote:

It takes a dedicated planet to do that or a lot of sensor plats that are easily killed. If we had planets with a lot of ECCM it would be great for anti kluth but would suck at defending itself against bombing or fighter bombing. The only places you can make such a planet are in clusters that are orbiting a binary system. You can then turn a barren planet into one of these that protects the rest of the cluster. Case in point, Luyten and Sirius are the two systems that come to mind. In luyten you can make Michelle that planet or in Sirius (in scen at least) turn Taf into that. Again this can only occur at certain planets in certain systems otherwise we wouldn't be having this discussion.

ICC missle dread 3 eccm
ICC command carrier 3 eccm
ICC combat dread 1 eccm
ICC bomber dread 3 eccm
ICC assault dread 1 eccm
ICC support station 4 eccm
ICC line station 1 eccm
ICC sector command 4 eccm

1 of each of these ships within 300 gu of eachother would make any kluth ship around 200sig if it uncloaked anywhere near them. ICC shouldnt have problems with cloakers since they should have a good 1-2minutes of shooting a target.

Lets see UGTO
UGTO carrier dread 3 eccm
UGTO battle dread 1 eccm
UGTO command dread 3 eccm
UGTO agincourt carrier 2 eccm
UGTO elite assault dread 0 eccm
UGTO support station 2 eccm
UGTO battle station 1 eccm
UGTO command station 4 eccm

1 of each of these ships within 300 gu of eachother would make any kluth ship around 160sig if it uncloaked anywhere near them. ICC should have any problems with cloakers since they should have a good minute of shooting the target.

Now lets see adding all this to ping time then the random players in cruisers, dessys and scouts I dont see what the problem would be of killing kluth.

Maybe if you guys would stop planet hugging and attacking us it would do something. Nearly all the time I am in sag its reloading gang missles or repairing so I do see what goes on. I see kluth ships orbiting a planet thats loaded with UGTO and the UGTO sit around repairing eachother while we shoot them with missles cannons and sometimes SI. Occasionally 1 or 2 UGTO will stray off and get ate by 3-4 kluth uncloaking around them then they complain.

ICC I ususally see try fight kluth around 1000 or 2000gu of the planet or on 1 occasion we double teamed UGTO planet huggers.

Need I say more about signature?

Sputter{TB}
Grand Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-03-31 01:56   
kluth has the needed ability to cloak if you have problems fighting them just get a scout to beacon one and problem is over, the main problem i see is trying to fight kluth at a distance because missiles are useless since they will just cloak, and with the icc numbers if you jump him you'll most likely get swarmed by 4 dreads, I think we really need a better implement of long range weapons besides missiles cause we are know rails and guass are useless

Email Sputter{TB}
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-31 02:01   
Quote:

On 2010-03-31 01:17, Sputter{TB} wrote:
anyone ever think that the icc combat dread needs a fix of its loadout, seems rather messed up to me with all the missiles, feels kinda useless

over all the icc combat dred is a nice ship if fighting ugto battle dreds. vrs luth it is kinda useless though

Email Borgie
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026535 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR