No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Suggestions: Balance of Power, etc.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
 Author Suggestions: Balance of Power, etc.
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-31 02:18   
Quote:

On 2010-03-30 22:23, Crow Starcommander*CO* wrote:

I always wondered why Kluth had the one extra ship. I mean all the others match up to each other. EAD/Siphon/AD, Combat Dread/Battle Dread/Mandible, Ganglia/Missile Dread/Carrier Dread and Aggie. The Krill is on a scale all its own above the others. Not to mention it only needs 90 tech and less resources then a siphon to spawn (something is horribly wrong with that).

Seems like it's the ICC that's missing a dread.
The Uggies have 2 carriers.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-31 02:31   

You hoonams are missing one point.

You are able to hit each other quite often, but because of your tougher armor, doing damage is slow.

Against Lobsters, you can do damage pretty fast, since organic armor = the Sux0rz.... but you have to find us and hit us first.

It's balanced. Once you've found a Kluth and hammered him, he's usually down for the count in half the time it takes to damage another hoonam ship.

No one ever said you could have your cake and eat it......
[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-03-31 02:31 ]

Sputter{TB}
Grand Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-03-31 02:40   
you mustn't have played kluth in .483 then, the luth armor now is amazing and added with cloaks you should have no reason to complain, and yes give us icc another dread

Email Sputter{TB}
Coombie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-31 02:51   
when i started reading this thread i figured it must be april 1st already

2 weeks ago the ugto were owning up the mv, and now its another "nurf the kluth topic" so soon.

the "balance" is about numbers, the faction with the most players/high ranks wins.

remove their cloak
remove their weapons
remove their energy

makes me laugh

Sputter{TB}
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-31 03:20   
they better not nerf kluth they finally are decent lol..... remember 483 they just need to beef up other stuff

Email Sputter{TB}
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-31 04:01   
Quote:

On 2010-03-31 02:51, Coombie wrote:
when i started reading this thread i figured it must be april 1st already

2 weeks ago the ugto were owning up the mv, and now its another "nurf the kluth topic" so soon.

the "balance" is about numbers, the faction with the most players/high ranks wins.

remove their cloak
remove their weapons
remove their energy

makes me laugh

Well, if the Uggies don't own at least 3 out of 5 systems..... LOL......

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-03-31 04:42   
Quote:

On 2010-03-31 02:51, Coombie wrote:

Well if the krill doesn't get energy management problems it'd need to be nerf'd, but that's the only thing on the kluth side.

Uggies as far as i know are fine, they just need to be kicked from their planets/station groups and be a little more diverse.

ICC Combat Dread doesn't match the BD, the BD is far stronger and beats the Combat dread most of the time. Needs some more guns instead of the missile slots.

=Zeus=
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-31 11:55   
Quote:

On 2010-03-30 02:14, F.Adm. Kirk wrote:
I didn't ever request a "win key" for UGTO. The cloak should just be *possible* to beat. Right now, it is found only through a glitch in the eccm code that turned into a feature.

Oh, and I should make it clear. Not all of those ideas were created or endorsed by Az. The three major points were spawned out of a half an hour or so of convos, but I took some liberty explaining. I guess I should have said that these views are not necesarily endorsed by all parties. (Though most are).
[ This Message was edited by: F.Adm. Kirk on 2010-03-30 02:16 ]

So your saying you Ugto have been expluting a glitch in the game??????

Nothing taste better than UGTO

Email =Zeus=
G.Adm. Kirk
Grand Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-03-31 12:52   
Quote:

On 2010-03-31 11:55, ~Zeus~ wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-03-30 02:14, F.Adm. Kirk wrote:
I didn't ever request a "win key" for UGTO. The cloak should just be *possible* to beat. Right now, it is found only through a glitch in the eccm code that turned into a feature.

Oh, and I should make it clear. Not all of those ideas were created or endorsed by Az. The three major points were spawned out of a half an hour or so of convos, but I took some liberty explaining. I guess I should have said that these views are not necesarily endorsed by all parties. (Though most are).
[ This Message was edited by: F.Adm. Kirk on 2010-03-30 02:16 ]

So your saying you Ugto have been expluting a glitch in the game??????

Yes.... You don't remember when that first started? Before the cooldown was added to eccm?

And as for numbers winning, that is mostly true and something that needs to be addressed. The way it stands, UGTO is usually penalized for going to sleep.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-31 12:52   
[quote]
On 2010-03-31 00:36, Crow Starcommander*CO* wrote:
Quote:

SI are Kinetic and Psi damage so ablative reduces there damage not reflective which reduces energy (beam). I agree on the ELF beams there short range coupled with poor location on the model makes them useless. piloting a siphon is just like piloting an EAD or AD, you get the same amount of alphas out of them. You just gotta know WHEN to space bar and how often since all of those ships are not "hurr hurr i space bar I r is gud". AM use the same energy (from what I have noticed anyways) as any of the other torps. Also we are talking stock ship to stock ship, humans will use a combo of PFE and AFE drives for more energy and get about 1.5 more alphas out of there ships before energy is gone.

SI are energy and PSI, unless that's been changed recently. They have no ammo and are basically beams in ranged projectile form. The PSI portion of their damage cannot be reduced although I don't know how much of it is PSI and how much is energy. That means reflective armor and ICC shields help vs them, but in the case of reflective it means you're more vulnerable to PSI cannons and AM torpedoes.

AM torpedoes use more energy than other torps, but do more damage. But a Siphon's beams also use a lot of energy, and the ship winds up with terrible energy problems. Many people actually prefer the Mandible over the Siphon.

[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2010-03-31 12:54 ]

El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-31 13:19   
Quote:

On 2010-03-31 12:52, MrSparkle wrote:

AM torpedoes use more energy than other torps, but do more damage. But a Siphon's beams also use a lot of energy, and the ship winds up with terrible energy problems. Many people actually prefer the Mandible over the Siphon.

[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2010-03-31 12:54 ]

Quite true, I do prefer the Mandi over the Siphon, I am better able to deal with power management in the Mandi...
Last night we where fighting in BD, I had my Siphon out as it was the only ship in good repair... It was one of two things, on occassion (must be a desync issue) but even when cloaked and barely moving my energy continues to drop... but anyways, I was sitting cloaked for a few minutes, enemy jumped in, I decloak and in truth got about 1.3 alpha's out of my Siphon before guess what, thats right, no energy whats so ever, could not even light up a firefly...?

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-31 13:47   
Siphon? What's that?

Ohh. Its that ship with no energy, slow heavy weapons and broken ELF beams. Yeah, thats right, 3 of their most important weapon slots are just pet rocks.

Oh wait, they do USE energy if u fire them. They just dont LEACH.

All this makes Siphon a dull boy. All death and no play.

maybe i am wrong, but I thought the EAD is heavy in QST the way Krill is heavy in SI? Or am I just on crack? Im too lazy to log in and look, so correct me cause I am probably wrong. That's what I was thinking comparing those two together for. The BD is a ship that is mostly cannons, a dread which does not exist on Kluth. SI are not cannons. Not in the sense that a psi cannon is. They are core weapons like a QST. I dont see how comparing the core weapon heavy Krill to a cannon heavy ship like a BD is a valid comparison. But again, I confess I didnt fly in the dreads much in my last tour thru uggyhell. I was mostly in the scouts and cruisers. I flew them a little, tho, but I could be all wrong.

Oh, flame me too if I am. I deserve it for being too lazy to log in and check it for myself lol.

If Im not wrong, then redo the badges or redo the weapons to make them line up better.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
G.Adm. Kirk
Grand Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-03-31 14:10   
EAD has 4 QSTs, a bunch of torps, and a mix of heavy and light beams. Oh, and one cannon slot.
[ This Message was edited by: F.Adm. Kirk on 2010-03-31 14:11 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-31 14:32   
ah, maybe I was thinking qsts instead of torps.

Thanks

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Sputter{TB}
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-31 14:33   
wow you can really tell no one on this topic plays as icc lol, your all complaining about the siphon not having elfs working and such when the icc's only combat effective dread in the AD which the only good thing about that is it can fire 3 ions at around 1.l9k gu away thats pretty much it all the icc weapons are worse than any other factions but still get the major power drain due to shields which take a lot longer than anything else to repair

Email Sputter{TB}
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Page created in 0.018251 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR