No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Art » » ICC Ships (Typhon, Archangel, Achilles, Athena)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
 Author ICC Ships (Typhon, Archangel, Achilles, Athena)
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-24 00:59   
everything looks great, except i think the cruiser is abit too roundish

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-24 07:34   
Quote:

On 2010-07-23 19:01, IANF wrote:
i was gonna say something about the poly count but ass i looked through it seems you reduced it, anywho

i would check all other designs and see if you can reduce the poly count

Poly counts r within the guidelines. I made sure this time tt my models start off within a reasonable poly count. That being said, I would admit that both of them aren't fully optimized yet. I could prolly shave off more polies n reskin them.

But I'm now focusing on creating more models. My goal is to contribute what I can to this free game.

Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-24 08:52   
Quote:

But I'm now focusing on creating more models. My goal is to contribute what I can to this free game.

nice. i cant do this... layering and stuff so im not gonna be able to help much.

however i may be able to draw some ships. if nothing else itd make intresting fan art.

We are the Falix Brothers...

zinlu
Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-24 10:19   
Quote:

On 2010-07-23 22:58, Lark of Serenity wrote:
@ the dread, maybe put the forward conning tower on the underside? doesnt make a great deal of sense on the top. that or rearrange the 2 somehow. i wouldnt mind a ship mimicking the minelayer dessies layout with the forward conning tower.

it also feels... flat. i think it could use some more vertical expression.

other than those 2 points.... ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG I WANT

I actualy like the flatness most, the current models are too boxish for my taste. The ugto dreads are no exception, i think they could use a overhaul too, find them too bulky.

A little more horizontal geometry would be good for em too imho.

And i`d personally like the kluth dreads to be a bit sleeker withlonger and more filigrane/thin arms on the front. Like the shadow ships arms/tips from babylon 5.

Makes them more otherwordly i think.

My 2 cents on design.

mandalore river
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-24 18:18   
all i can say is this just another target:)

Email mandalore river
James 296
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-24 19:16   
every time I look at that dread. I get a really bad urge to fully customize the weapons load out. to a point of if anyone even looks sideways at it, their space dust faster then you can say "wtf". in plain english, I WANT THAT SHIPPP!!!!! oh, the things I could do with that ship (mwahahahahah)

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-25 03:13   
Quote:

On 2010-07-24 10:19, zinlu wrote:

And i`d personally like the kluth dreads to be a bit sleeker withlonger and more filigrane/thin arms on the front. Like the shadow ships arms/tips from babylon 5.

Makes them more otherwordly i think.

My 2 cents on design.

Pls check out my Kluth ships thread n see if u like those designs.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-29 15:34   

This is an Achilles class destroyer.

Truth be told, I haven't decided whether it should be an ICC ship.... or perhaps even a pirate vessel.

Anyway I've left the faction markings out. It's not full texture yet though. But enough to have a feeling of completeness somewhat.

It's somewhat related to the Athena cruiser in terms of general design features.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-29 15:52   
Scaling:

Antra
Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2010-07-29 16:11   
Want! Give! Mine!

ICC.

Email Antra
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-29 17:10   
Scale down the Frigate to Scout size and scale down the Cruiser to Frigate size and it'd be perfect.

Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-29 19:54   
Those engines on all three ships must be the most powerful in the galaxy to be pushing such big ships around Beef em up, add more, make the pattern more interesting or something.

Textures still need oodles of work, but its way better then the first rendition you did

I think you might be getting a tad bit too fin happy, its just too Robotech for me to fit the ICC design. Either try and incorperate the fins better then just extruded polys off the back, or get rid of them all together and add the typical pylons.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-30 00:24   
Hmm, ok. Texture wise, I'm using Unwrap UVW, so for the bigger ships, the textures do get blurred a bit since I'm unwrapping them at 2048 x 2048.

Looks like I may have to retexture all 3 with a bigger map. I'll find some time to do that in the next coupla weeks.

Next.... what do you guys think?

Keep these spread out fins-cum-jet deflectors.... or go with the traditional ICC guppy fin thingies? :\

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-30 01:35   
I like the general designs - these are nice models. Three general bits of feedback:

You may already be doing so, as I didn't measure length on the photos, but the scale of models is provided in faction guide images in the screenshots section. Not that this affects your models, but for the scaling comparison shots, they should be within 10% of the model size provided in those images.

Don't worry overly about faction. If you make it for one faction but it seems like it'd be better as a pirate ship, we can do that easily enough - either with a simple reskin or by making some quick edits to justify it (ie, pirates aren't super high tech, so they could just bolt on some extra missile bays and call it a commandeered ship). Obviously you should have something in mind as a design basis, but we're flexible and every faction can easily take more models.

Lastly, hard points. Keep in mind these ships have to have weapons mounted to them. If they have a long nose sticking out, it makes it harder to add, for example, beams on any parts of the side and have them have include FORE mounts because then you'll have the beam animation cutting through the nose of the ship. Obviously not the end of the world, but if we can have ships that look good and logical while firing, all the better.

Email Shigernafy
Schroedingers Shotgun
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-30 04:37   
all 3 look a bit meh, the destroyer and the cruiser have a little too much firefly in them and the dread is as clunky looking as the current.

im sorry but these ship would put me off flying ICC bases on looks alone.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022257 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR