No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Art » » ICC Ships (Typhon, Archangel, Achilles, Athena)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
 Author ICC Ships (Typhon, Archangel, Achilles, Athena)
Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-11 20:42   
superb. Thats one of the best looking ICC ships out there. 5/5

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2010-07-11 21:33   
Not as pretty as the M300 class - but a fine ship - possibly a model for the idea that Buddha is tossing around in the CM thread.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-17 10:12   

Athena Cruiser

Wanted to make something ICC-ish, yet also new in a way.

Instead of patching together civilian vessels, perhaps it's about time ICC made a dedicated warship. Inspired in part by LoA's design, also taking some from the Constellation dreadnought, and current ICC designs.

Poly count ard 1387.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-17 10:25   
The wings should probably be a bit farther from the hull (most ICC ships tend to have a little more distance between them for some reason), but it looks good. Engine looks MI-ish, though.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-17 10:56   
a round icc ship?

YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-17 11:03   
It's a pretty sound-looking model and I like the design. However, what I think lets it down is the surface the engines are attached to and possibly the engines themselves.

What I'd suggest trying is to take the edges of that face, extrude them inwards slightly (to create a rim) and then extruding again into the hull to create a recession (which you can then play about with by scaling if you like) so that it gives the impression that the engines are more integral to the hull.

Also, instead of using one of the armour textures for the face, I'd perhaps go for one of the more engineering-style ones availible.

For the engines themselves, I'd suggest maybe increasing their length slighty (especially should you decide to do the recession bit) and perhaps texturing them.

Sorry if it seemed like I was going on a bit there, I do really like the rest of the model (which is, let's face it, 99% of it), so good work

One more suggestion (last one), try adding a bit of bump mapping to your renders!

[ This Message was edited by: YIIMM on 2010-07-17 11:07 ]

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-07-17 16:18   
i like both models but i like the second one more

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-07-17 17:53   
the dread model has evolved into something pretty nice

the cruiser model is a good starting point but still needs work, as noted with the engines, and I think a bit at the front (windows look a bit weird, perhaps add a raised ridge along the center with windows along the side instead? would have to flatten the top a bit or else it would look funny though, i.e. create the ridge but cutting out two triangular prisms from the sides). but you're definitely getting the hang of it! keep up the hard work =)

Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-17 18:16   
the cruiser is the better of the two by far, the dread in my opinion needs a lot of work before it can really be considered shipish.

from what i can see, its a box thats been extruded and scaled a few times in a variety of directions, with textures slapped on to try and give it personality

I suggest that you really take a close look at the two current ICC dread designs, as well as the cruiser and destroyers, then take the parts that look good on them, and combine them together like you did with the cruiser.

The parts about the cruiser im not a fan of, is the way you did the long front section nose part (no idea what to call it) with the way it curves around, I think if you made it either less barrel like with a steeper angle or altered the curve so that it flowed better into the rest of the hull, it would look great.

edit: forgot engines, they suck on both ships, the way you them put on right now it looks like they were just slapped on as an afterthought, the textures help to alienate them instead of reinforcing them. The models of the engines themselves, at least on the dread, are fine, it just requires better integration.
[ This Message was edited by: Veronw on 2010-07-17 18:19 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Veronw on 2010-07-17 18:22 ]

Walrus of Apathy
Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-17 20:35   
I like both models, but seriously, my first thought upon seeing the Athena cruiser was "Battlestar Galactica". That ship looks spot on like it(the recent series' at least).

It isn't really a problem but just something i noticed first off. But it's ok, I like the design of the BSG ships.

Email Walrus of Apathy
Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-17 21:00   
reminds me more of a robotech ship honestly

Antra
Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2010-07-17 21:15   
To me the cruiser just screams, "hunter killer".

Email Antra
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-18 01:39   
Athena Cruiser

Some updates
- Remodelled the main hull, adding recesses at the engines
- Changed some of the textures
- Textured the engine ports
- Made the antennas more obvious

I've been trying to figure out why Veron would say it looks like a Robotech ship, so I trawled the net to look at that. I never really watched the Robotech series and I realized why after seeing the ships....

It's probably those 4 diagonal rear fins or deflectors. But I intended them to be sort of antennas or something.... I dunno. LOL.

U guys think I should remove those 4 X-type fins for more conventional ICC guppy fins?

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-07-18 02:38 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-18 02:36   
Quote:

On 2010-07-17 18:16, Veronw wrote:
the cruiser is the better of the two by far, the dread in my opinion needs a lot of work before it can really be considered shipish.

from what i can see, its a box thats been extruded and scaled a few times in a variety of directions, with textures slapped on to try and give it personality

I suggest that you really take a close look at the two current ICC dread designs, as well as the cruiser and destroyers, then take the parts that look good on them, and combine them together like you did with the cruiser.

The parts about the cruiser im not a fan of, is the way you did the long front section nose part (no idea what to call it) with the way it curves around, I think if you made it either less barrel like with a steeper angle or altered the curve so that it flowed better into the rest of the hull, it would look great.

edit: forgot engines, they suck on both ships, the way you them put on right now it looks like they were just slapped on as an afterthought, the textures help to alienate them instead of reinforcing them. The models of the engines themselves, at least on the dread, are fine, it just requires better integration.

Well, any feedback or criticism, to me is always good.

I'm still learning, and I hope I'm getting better as I go along.

The Constellation was the first, and I received valuable feedback from a lot of people, including even the Devs, on it. And as always, I'm grateful. Without feedback or criticism, I might as well get stuck in a rut, not knowing what I'm doing right or wrong.

The Connie is definitely up for some tweaks. I've already got some ideas what to do with it.

Quote:

On 2010-07-17 21:15, Antra wrote:
To me the cruiser just screams, "hunter killer".

funny thing u should say that.

My MAX file is titled EW_crus, for EW cruiser. I envisioned putting 4 ECCM slots and a beacon on this thing, along with a cannon heavy complement to make this a Kluth hunter. Hence the antenna and those 4 long deflector/antenna things at the rear.

but like I always say, this is just a model. I don't really bother much abt specs.

Some changes to come for sure.

Keep your comments and criticisms coming.
[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-07-18 10:40 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-22 00:57   
Rebirth of the M500 Constellation dreadnought

- Completely Redesigned from the ground up, while keeping the same basic layout and structure
- No longer the blocky design, it has a slimmer profile, more akin to the M400 class dreads

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-07-30 22:13 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
Page created in 0.036073 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR