- Weekly DarkSpace
05/18/24 +3.8 Days
- Towel Day
05/25/24 +10.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Sitting on Stations
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
 Author Sitting on Stations
PokeYourWaffle
Marshal

Posted: 2012-10-07 15:51   
Just now, using what you guys told me to do on diesalot, he still killed havick and almost killed nova before he jumped away, I was dropping on him the whole time and we were all using lasers. He was probably on top of me for 3-4 minutes. Evidently, these "solutions" don't work quite as well as they may sound.
[ This Message was edited by: PokeYourWaffle[Helper] on 2012-10-07 15:51 ]

Diesalot
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-10-07 16:09   
Quote:

On 2012-10-07 15:51, PokeYourWaffle[Helper] wrote:
Just now, using what you guys told me to do on diesalot, he still killed havick and almost killed nova before he jumped away, I was dropping on him the whole time and we were all using lasers. He was probably on top of me for 3-4 minutes. Evidently, these "solutions" don't work quite as well as they may sound.
[ This Message was edited by: PokeYourWaffle[Helper] on 2012-10-07 15:51 ]

you wasnt moving, just sitting still. which was a big mistake
nova was in BD which meant he was prety much useless in hurting me.
Aside from nova and the 1 EAD who was already armor damaged before I killed him you had no one else.

I jumped out with 4% hull.

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-10-07 16:14   
Quote:

On 2012-10-07 15:08, Havick86* wrote:
Adding anything to the game physics would in my opinion be abit to much on the servers, it would also cause us a huge ammount of grief that we all honestly would complain about. Changing the way weapons fire or adding giving a station a status of a planet and allow collisions with them would I think require a completely different change of the mechanics. A station blowing up how ever? Simply requires a damge increase to an exsisting code to somthing thats already there. It really is the fastest way to change somthing. It would give any dread a life expectancy of 10 seconds.

Adding an if statement to the beggining of the weapons firing code is just as much of a change as changing the amount of damage a station does on destruction. Collisions? Yeah, that's a bit too much.

Havick86*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-10-07 18:16   
Quote:

On 2012-10-07 15:36, Mylith(helper)*CO* wrote:
Quote:

. A station blowing up how ever? Simply requires a damge increase to an exsisting code to somthing thats already there. It really is the fastest way to change somthing. It would give any dread a life expectancy of 10 seconds.

...and give a return to stats sding on fleets.

i also said that there should be added presitge loss for SDing
and you would still have the FF effect, As well as a rule put in place from a station just jumping into a fleet and SDing.
as to incinerators's statement, i was refering to the change in a weapons angle of fire, seeing as how targeting is always done on a flat plane attempting to change it to verticle would be somewhat of a challenge

[ This Message was edited by: Havick86* on 2012-10-07 18:22 ]

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-10-07 18:43   
Quote:

On 2012-10-07 14:16, *Abbot* wrote:
Bring back the tractor beam where you could push your enemy away.
Problem solved

Seems legit, you sit on top of me, I tractor you into a planet. Fixes the issue entirely.

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-10-07 18:47   
Quote:

On 2012-10-07 18:16, Havick86* wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-10-07 15:36, Mylith(helper)*CO* wrote:
Quote:

. A station blowing up how ever? Simply requires a damge increase to an exsisting code to somthing thats already there. It really is the fastest way to change somthing. It would give any dread a life expectancy of 10 seconds.

...and give a return to stats sding on fleets.

to the change in a weapons angle of fire, seeing as how targeting is always done on a flat plane attempting to change it to verticle would be somewhat of a challenge

[ This Message was edited by: Havick86* on 2012-10-07 18:22 ]

What? It has nothing to do with changing weapon fire angles, and everything to do with disabling weapons if your ship's coordinates are above the standard plane.

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-10-07 18:48   
that causes a mess if one dread goes on top of another, then one can't shoot at all and we would have another issue.

PokeYourWaffle
Marshal

Posted: 2012-10-07 21:08   
Quote:

On 2012-10-07 18:48, Fatal Brutality *COM* wrote:
that causes a mess if one dread goes on top of another, then one can't shoot at all and we would have another issue.

Well dreads and stations dont push up the same distance on the z-axis do they? Have it be no lower than the maximum height a dread can push you upward by itself.

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-10-08 01:48   
Quote:

On 2012-10-07 12:14, Pantheon wrote:
It's not a bug.

I'd say, hats off to whoever started using this tactic, by using this you are utilizing ugto's favorite tactic for your own benifit: stat spam

Hell, guess what im going to do next time im in my siphon and ugto are camping around their stat....??

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2012-10-08 07:58   
http://youtu.be/BYW6C44zo24

here's what i think about that stitting on the...ehm...station.
i understand how stat pilots feel when dread comes and sits on them...an them kraps all over them and everyone else start krapping all over it and krap flies all over the place.... krapp-fest... lol
[ This Message was edited by: Ravendark on 2012-10-08 07:59 ]

Rykros1987
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-10-08 10:48   
This issue goes even further then just stat sitting.

I found out earlier that there was a way to hide things like supply ships under a stats outer part of their dome.

Now from what I observed nothing could hit me while I was in the stat short of a ship explosion. 2 Kluth parasites tried to beam me focus fire wise while approaching pokeyourwaffle. They didnt even dent my side armor at all and i'm a heavy supply ship. They did hurt waffle though which suggests that the beams get absorbed.

This means that not even beams can hit you if you hide inside a stat in a defensive position against say a kluth assault.

Can you imagine people taking 1 stat/3 suppliers per stat and piling up on the enhanced repair rates? How rediculous would that be? I don't know for sure on exactly what the repair rate would be but it sounds like it would be rediculous. Coupling that with the concept of hiding in the stat for invulnerability is insane.

Also what if bigger ships like carriers or dreads can fit under there? I don't know as I don't have the badges to try but it makes it clearly evident that if even some ships can be immune to incoming fire while camping a station then its a problem.
[ This Message was edited by: rykros1987 on 2012-10-08 10:53 ]

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-10-08 11:16   
Quote:

On 2012-10-08 07:58, Ravendark wrote:
http://youtu.be/BYW6C44zo24

omg ... haha my brain hurts

Email Borgie
Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-10-08 11:38   
Quote:

On 2012-10-08 10:48, rykros1987 wrote:
This issue goes even further then just stat sitting.

I found out earlier that there was a way to hide things like supply ships under a stats outer part of their dome.

Now from what I observed nothing could hit me while I was in the stat short of a ship explosion. 2 Kluth parasites tried to beam me focus fire wise while approaching pokeyourwaffle. They didnt even dent my side armor at all and i'm a heavy supply ship. They did hurt waffle though which suggests that the beams get absorbed.

This means that not even beams can hit you if you hide inside a stat in a defensive position against say a kluth assault.

Can you imagine people taking 1 stat/3 suppliers per stat and piling up on the enhanced repair rates? How rediculous would that be? I don't know for sure on exactly what the repair rate would be but it sounds like it would be rediculous. Coupling that with the concept of hiding in the stat for invulnerability is insane.

Also what if bigger ships like carriers or dreads can fit under there? I don't know as I don't have the badges to try but it makes it clearly evident that if even some ships can be immune to incoming fire while camping a station then its a problem.
[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Incinarator |SoT| on 2012-10-08 14:57 ]

Just like sitting on top of stations offensively, this too has held true for a long time.
It is generally held as not only rediculous, but also impolite, for a friendly dread to camp on top of a station and use it as a shield, because that station now cannot fire upon the same target as the dread is, because it'll just do friendly fire damage. Furthermore, unless you are right on the edge of the station you cannot use anything but beams because projectiles will collide with the station, causing friendly fire damage.... in this position you can also be shot at with anything, so it gives you no benefit.
Typically, this is indeed used to shield combat supply ships from cover, and as far as I know, no one minds this usage. Supply ships have such a limited role and are so easy to kill that it isn't a big deal.

Anywho, the solution to the problem of killing the supply ship is easy: if you get on top of the station as well, your beams should be able to kill it, if you're that desperate to kill it.

Stations are also used to hide ships running point defense for them, but this is rarely seen because most people don't fly ships just to run point defense, and when they do they usually try to get the missiles before they reach the station.
Combat engineer ships can also build supply platforms inside of a station's ring to cover the plats as well, but this doesn't happen too often. This is one of the few times I do not approve of using stations as shields.
The only other time I see stations being used like this is to provide cover for damaged ships that are repairing, and if you really want to kill those ships the previous method for killing supply ships works here as well.

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-10-08 14:35   
I go over friendly stations all the time. it is very good for Breaking contact against two or more enemies and get your act together.

Blackjack [DBL]
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-10-08 17:45   
Wow, UGTO are still upset that their Shrooms are unable to steamroll everything... It's like I haven't been inactive for a couple of months...

Names I used: Da Bes Loser, Perseverance, Loyalty.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026785 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR