Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +1.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Eve_is_crap
14th - Durden

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » read, mostly for kluth
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
 Author read, mostly for kluth
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-21 22:30   

ROFL Chance. You can't relate what happens ingame to one of your fanfics. For one, we can never have 20 stations and 36 dreads, and other big numbers that you're fond of throwing around.

And yes, when a few Kluth stalks your fleet, waiting for you to be done fighting the uggies before we decloak to whoopass, it means that we don't have enough players online to steamroller over you. So we take the only option available to us, and that's of the guerilla warfare opportunist.

Anyway, regarding your last line or alliances and player balance. An alliance means 2 vs 1. And there's no balance in that.

Face it. In a way, DS is actually a weird little social experiment. The way we play reflects on ourselves in a way. It kinda shows what you are capable of, and what you could possibly do IRL if law and order went kaput, and you have power in your hands.

James 296
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-21 23:04   
Quote:

On 2011-02-21 22:30, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

Face it. In a way, DS is actually a weird little social experiment. The way we play reflects on ourselves in a way. It kinda shows what you are capable of, and what you could possibly do IRL if law and order went kaput, and you have power in your hands.

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL and ROFL

I don't even put half of what I can into DS and if the world went to hell, well lets just say you not like to see that side of me >)

anyway I think it's more a matter of when factions are loged on. I've seen this time and again when one faction starts to log off, another is logging on.

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-21 23:12   
I've tried for so long to urge K'luth to move into R33 -> Cinc.

Eventually I just gave up, I just want to kill UGTO. Where is the UGTO? Hovering around the Luyten in Tau Ceti of course.

Then ICC gets in the way because we took their planet as a base of operations to strike at the UGTO.

Specterx
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-21 23:56   
The real problem is the MV has become very stale compared to how it was in years past. There's no strategy or organization, no perception of an ongoing campaign or striving towards a goal. All fighting takes place over 3-4 systems. You gain some ground and the enemy (which can mean a single player with an AI capture fleet, or even those AI invasion transports) takes it all back by the next day with hardly any effort.

Why is this? The nerfing of planet defenses makes ground too easy to capture. Strategic clusters used to be tough nuts to crack requiring lengthy organized campaigns, now it's just a joke. Shipyards and the simplistic ship upgrade/customization (compared to the past) make it trivially easy to instantly warp reinforcements to the front line and reinforce the shoot 'em up instant action mentality. AI fleets are silly clutter, at worst they're just used as gamey helpers to let one or two players cap a whole system. The pirate and Mir systems are just no-go dead zones that serve no ingame purpose.

It's all a matter of the type of game the developers have decided they want, what you see in the MV is the predictable result of many years of such changes.

[ This Message was edited by: Specterx on 2011-02-22 00:07 ]

Email Specterx   Goto the website of Specterx
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-22 01:07   
[quote]
On 2011-02-21 23:04, James 296 wrote:
Quote:

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL and ROFL

I don't even put half of what I can into DS and if the world went to hell, well lets just say you not like to see that side of me >)

anyway I think it's more a matter of when factions are loged on. I've seen this time and again when one faction starts to log off, another is logging on.

It's said somewhere that in a virtual environment, your true nature shows. Since you don't have anything to lose in a game or simulator, and there are no tangible repercussions to yourself, you will let yourself go.

Back to the topic. K'luth players tend to be opportunistic when without a clear direction. And that's what's going on now. With no clear direction, and inferior numbers, we've become like a pack of scavengers.

Waiting by the sidelines, ready to pounce on a straggler, the wounded, or the isolated.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2011-02-22 01:08 ]

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-22 02:59   
Quote:

On 2011-02-21 23:56, Specterx wrote:
The real problem is the MV has become very stale compared to how it was in years past. There's no strategy or organization, no perception of an ongoing campaign or striving towards a goal. All fighting takes place over 3-4 systems. You gain some ground and the enemy (which can mean a single player with an AI capture fleet, or even those AI invasion transports) takes it all back by the next day with hardly any effort.

Why is this? The nerfing of planet defenses makes ground too easy to capture. Strategic clusters used to be tough nuts to crack requiring lengthy organized campaigns, now it's just a joke. Shipyards and the simplistic ship upgrade/customization (compared to the past) make it trivially easy to instantly warp reinforcements to the front line and reinforce the shoot 'em up instant action mentality. AI fleets are silly clutter, at worst they're just used as gamey helpers to let one or two players cap a whole system. The pirate and Mir systems are just no-go dead zones that serve no ingame purpose.

It's all a matter of the type of game the developers have decided they want, what you see in the MV is the predictable result of many years of such changes.

[ This Message was edited by: jamesbob on 2011-02-22 03:03 ]

while i and grateful you are one of the few that know that let me make it clearer.

the players don't care they rather have less lag then planets that work

the devs are to busy trying to fix a planet defence system which offically is useless and are not listening to players that say that (the new control system is great the rest SUCKS)

they seperated the map into servers which caused people to leave so they fused it again each with different servers and even more left hello what did you think was going to happen.

sorry not intending to sound critical but so far you have made grand moves and they are either to early to late or are just not nessary 50 percent of lag thats generated is not the server its the player 25 percent are from to many missles and fighter the other 25 percent was generated by the planets.

honestly the game worked fine in 1.4 and 1.5 (1.5 before server split up)

at least it wasn't static.

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-02-22 07:33   
.....what? im talking about ICC and kluth to stop attacking eachother while uggto wanks off the rest of the territory. instead let just all focus on ugto fronts. if weak destroy eachother the strong wins without any effort

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-22 08:10   
Quote:

On 2011-02-22 07:33, Ravendark wrote:
.....what? im talking about ICC and kluth to stop attacking eachother while uggto wanks off the rest of the territory. instead let just all focus on ugto fronts. if weak destroy eachother the strong wins without any effort

Please ignore the clown above you. No one knows what he is on about half the time.

But yeah. The reason UGTO are doing so well is because of a combination of geographical advantage and the unwillingness of ICC and K'luth to not blow each up. Usually it's the ICC taunting the K'luth and the K'luth in a blood lust for the ICC.

Lithium
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-22 08:45   
Territory is not important, especially for K'Luth ...

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-02-22 11:24   
No.

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-02-22 13:53   
I have a friend I would like you to meet.

*Obsidian Shadow*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-22 18:00   
because of this constant cycle of k'luth vs ICC i really haven't played much besides a little run in a BS a few days ago but besides that i have just lost interest in the game itself, i just like to nose in on the forums every now and again to see what's happening and check the devlog looking for two very, very anticipated posts

-sagittarius layout changed
-Ship layouts changed

when i see them i will play again but for now, i'll just stick around in the forums.

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-22 19:09   
Quote:

On 2011-02-22 08:10, Nightmare Reaper wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-02-22 07:33, Ravendark wrote:

Please ignore the clown above you. No one knows what he is on about half the time.

and did we have this problem in 1.4 nope.

what changed tell me .

their were lots of good kluth players in 1.4 (before map split) and in 1.5 before the server stuff. kluth and icc wasn't always next to each other (actually most of the time i remember them being at our throats ours being ugto)

but thats the price you pay for trying to apease people complaining of graphics lag when believe it or not its their machine (50 percent of the time their graphic settings are 2 high because they love using laptops)

you lose good people and you get the dumb ones left over

(if you still haven't figured out what i just said i will put it in plain old english as you clearly do not understand logical english)

on a scale of player and system ownership growth

1.4 kluth icc ugto

1.4 with map split kluth lost some icc losted some ugto gained some

1.5 before server merg system changes happening often.

1.5 after server merg kluth and icc one system in sag and lost a bunch of players ugto earns 3 systems and a but load of players

1.6 new plantary defence bases makes planets super easy to cap.

complete and utter static

so you got kluth killing icc and icc killing kluth because they can't use their brains and attack ugto together. only on the defensive will they do that.

so ugto stops attacking when both are on.

that simple enough for yah

(if i got the events in patchs wrong i apoligises you can fix the patch numbers for me in a quote)
[ This Message was edited by: jamesbob on 2011-02-22 19:23 ]

Angel Starfox
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-22 19:14   
I will not fire on kluth inless they start the fight. If we start it. I will stay out of it inless Kluth are trying to take our planets.

Email Angel Starfox
Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-22 20:56   
The majority of ICC ships are not built to handle K'luth. Most K'luth players I've seen pick off the weaker faction when they fight each other. If ICC has more numbers, K'luth attack UGTO, and vice versa.

Only when K'luth are losing ships/planets do they make temporary truces with whoever is weaker. If they have nothing to lose, they go for the easier target. And the easier target is almost always ICC.

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027774 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR