No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Sitting on Stations
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
 Author Sitting on Stations
PokeYourWaffle
Marshal

Posted: 2012-10-04 15:34   
Recently, I have seen many dreads running to sit on the enemy station and this forces the station to jump away. Stations have become practically useless because of this tactic. When they get on top of the station almost all the damage from teammates hits the station and very little goes to the enemy. So it's either watch the station die slowly, shoot the enemy and watch the station die extremely fast, or have the station jump away. Now if sitting on a station is all it takes to make it leave then stations are useless. As I write this Diesalot is sitting on top of me hitting my teammates and they can't do anything because I soak up the damage when they shoot at him. Honestly I don't even know how this could be fixed.
[ This Message was edited by: PokeYourWaffle[Helper] on 2012-10-06 20:36 ]

Shade Perilous
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-10-04 15:37   
Quote:

On 2012-10-04 15:34, PokeYourWaffle wrote:
Recently, I have seen many dreads running to sit on the enemy station and this forces the station to jump away. Stations have become practically useless because of this tactic. When they get on top of the station almost all the damage from teammates hits the station and very little goes to the enemy. So it's either watch the station die slowly, shoot the enemy and watch the station die extremely fast, or have the station jump away. Now if sitting on a station is all it takes to make it leave then stations are useless. As I write this Diesalot is sitting on top of me hitting my teammates and they can't do anything because I soak up the damage when they shoot at him. Honestly I don't even know how this could be fixed but it is a BIG problem right now.

This has always existed and always been used. Also if i recall beams will not die on your armour ring if your allies get up there to help.
If the devs believe it to be a problem then i guess they will deal with it. (collisions for stations anyone?)

*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-10-04 15:38   
i was like 100 gu away from Poke and he could damage me sitting on the station. This is not right and normally if he can damage me i should do the same thing to him but unfortunatelly im doing alot of FF.

Email *Flash*
Flux Capacitor
Marshal

Posted: 2012-10-04 15:44   
also the enemy dread can damage ur station, but if u shoot back the enemy dread hardly gets damage. it does seem to work one-way only, where the one sitting on top of station gets all the benefits.

maybe make a new device that dmges all nearby ships within 25 gu distance?

Goto the website of Flux Capacitor
YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-10-04 16:00   
Maybe reduce the z-dimension of the hitbox on stations if that's at all possible. It would enable fighters and missiles to still hit from above and below the plane of play but allow you to hit ships camped on top of stations and avoid as much friendly fire.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-10-04 16:00   
Wait wait, I thought stations were overpowered and encouraged planet hugging and the only way to deal with them was to bring more stations and their was nothing else anybody could ever do ever

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-10-04 16:01   
This is station killing 101 and people do it because of exactly the reasons you provided. The dread, if its smart, is using mainly beams because any splash damage from launching torps at you, the station, will damage itself as well. you, the station have 2 options, you can turn damage up to 11 and just try to out tank the dread which in most cases if your not in a kluth dread my perfered option, or you can use only your lasers and try to put enough hurt on him that you can out tank him. If you have friends they should jump on top of you as well and use only beams.

In reality both options are pretty awful because if you shoot torps at him your doing most of that damage back to yourself in addition to whatever damage he is dealing you. If you just stick to beams then you wont hurt yourself but any station you can field is not going to keep up with a siphon EAD or AD in that department. If your friends are sherking their duties then go with option 1 so they can finish him off after you jump out and if they are doing a good job go with option 2 and try to stick it out.

The other issue I want to address is that from what you said Im assuming you are thinking that stations are just a slow "god ship" that will kill anything 1v1. Stations do their best work in the support role. stations do good damage and repair friendlies, they dont tank anything and do uber damage (anymore). When you take out your station you are taking extra risk to help the group stay in the battle longer. If you dont believe me keep track of how often the really old players go with a station over an EAD, AD, or sometimes a BD.

[ This Message was edited by: Scorched Soul[+R] on 2012-10-04 16:02 ]

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-10-04 16:09   
This problem has always existed while I've played this game. I've seen many players have it done to them.
Yes, it's annoying, and it's also not really fair, I'll give you that.
Yes, I am also guilty of doing this as well.
However, there is are pretty simple solutions to the problem.

1) As a teammate NO SPACEBAR. Period. Get on top of the poor station that is being attacked and laser the enemy to death You will deal no friendly fire.
2) You're a station. Just shoot the dread with your lasers and soak up the damage. This usually wont save you on it's own, but it works.
3) Infantry are you best friend her. Drop loads of inf on your attacker, one at a time until either he's captured or you have to leave.
4) Drive out from under your attacker. Turn, drive around, whatever you can think of. If you do this correctly you can not only expose him to attacks from your teammates, but you can also cause him to have to turn around with you, which can mean that he puts his rear towards you, killing his offensive power.

I wish to point out, at the end of this, that stats were never, EVER, designed to be frontline attackers, and the best way to prevent this from happening is to use the stats correctly in the first place!

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Incinarator |SoT| on 2012-10-04 16:17 ]

PokeYourWaffle
Marshal

Posted: 2012-10-04 16:12   
Quote:

On 2012-10-04 16:01, Scorched Soul[+R] wrote:
Im assuming you are thinking that stations are just a slow "god ship" that will kill anything 1v1. Stations do their best work in the support role. stations do good damage and repair friendlies, they dont tank anything and do uber damage (anymore).

I understand stations aren't "gods" of the battlefield, but if all it takes is a guy on top of you to mess up the whole group then I think it could be put under a microscope to see what if anything can be done to fix this.

Abbot
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2012-10-04 16:14   
Quote:

I wish to point out, at the end of this, that stats were never, EVER, designed to be frontline attackers, and the best way to prevent this from happening is to use the stats correctly in the first place!

Yes the stats are not front line but that doesnt mean that damaged ships cant congregate around the stat to wait for reps and quite often when this does happen luth will pop out of nowhere to pick out the weak thus making the stat on the front line

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-10-04 16:23   
Quote:

On 2012-10-04 16:14, *Abbot* wrote:
Quote:

Yes the stats are not front line but that doesnt mean that damaged ships cant congregate around the stat to wait for reps and quite often when this does happen luth will pop out of nowhere to pick out the weak thus making the stat on the front line

Well, that's the fault of poor tactics. You need to either put your support ships somewhere that they can't be attacked (deep space with no direct jumps) or you need to have them somewhere were attacking them would be suicidal (at a planet). Unfortunately, it's a perfectly legitimate tactic to attack the support ships of a fleet, so this will happen. Often.

Quote:

On 2012-10-04 16:12, PokeYourWaffle wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-10-04 16:01, Scorched Soul[+R] wrote:
Im assuming you are thinking that stations are just a slow "god ship" that will kill anything 1v1. Stations do their best work in the support role. stations do good damage and repair friendlies, they dont tank anything and do uber damage (anymore).

I understand stations aren't "gods" of the battlefield, but if all it takes is a guy on top of you to mess up the whole group then I think it could be put under a microscope to see what if anything can be done to fix this.

When a ship designed to stay in the back all of a sudden gets attacked by a ship specifically designed to put out enough damage to kill a ship designed for hard combat, it should loose. Period.

Abbot
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2012-10-04 16:34   
so what your saying is that stations should be limited to where they are allowed to go?

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-10-04 17:29   
Er.....why are people acting like this is something new all of a sudden? It's been going on since before I started playing, just have an assault ship or two hanging back to lay a beamdown on the camper and it's no big deal.

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-10-04 17:48   
Try sitting on an LS/Hive/BS and you will be hurting in a hurry.

PokeYourWaffle
Marshal

Posted: 2012-10-04 17:55   
Quote:

On 2012-10-04 17:48, Fatal Brutality *COM* wrote:
Try sitting on an LS/Hive/BS and you will be hurting in a hurry.

Domedi just died in his BS because somebody was on top of him, we had everybody else occupied but we couldn't do anything about the person on top without killing him. The guy on domedi didn't even get hurt very badly. He would have been perfectly fine had this person not been on top of him.

[ This Message was edited by: PokeYourWaffle on 2012-10-04 18:06 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Page created in 0.018656 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR