No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Sitting on Stations
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
 Author Sitting on Stations
Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-10-05 13:54   
The only way to redeem yourself is to come up with a counter to said tactic that is more effective than the ones we have now. (which is highly unlikely)

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-10-05 20:33   
im speachless at how much has been lost in the last year...

1. Dont shoot enemy on your station.... just dont do it...

2. Station, move your ass! either shake him sublight or make a short 1kgu jump and pound him. Or even jump out

derp.

derp derp derp.

derp derp derp derp derp

Havick86*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-10-06 00:58   
Options for this issue that come to mind. Increase the damage a station does upon self destruction or being destroyed to the point any ship within say 150gu goes down with it but as a cost the station takes an extra 15% added to it's prestige loss if it self destructs. And add a rule into the game that jumping in and self destructing for the sheer pointless waste of attacking enemy ships. Like fishing with a wormhole. I find it odd to believe that dreads take little to no damage from a station blowing up to begin with. It would change the game play for sure. I would also like to point out that UGTO are not the only ones prone to being crowned by dreads. As a former ICC player I know this for a fact so it's not just a one faction issue.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-10-06 01:10   
And you'll notice that ICC players aren't complaining about this. Why are ICC players not complaining about this? Because ICC players have learned how to deal with it.

Havick86*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-10-06 01:21   
Quote:

On 2012-10-06 01:10, Talien wrote:
And you'll notice that ICC players aren't complaining about this. Why are ICC players not complaining about this? Because ICC players have learned how to deal with it.

you rarely fly stations is how you deal with it. And because of it you rarely ever move out of dres when you try to attack a system. Aside from that you have assault dreads with shields and firepower that almost match a station. And yes i know the ad argument is weak but you know it to be true and thats a reason i left icc. Theres no challenge in it for me. And my suggestion was on how to deal with station crowning not why icc don't fly stations
[ This Message was edited by: Havick86* on 2012-10-06 02:18 ]

-DBS
Marshal

Posted: 2012-10-06 01:54   
Quote:

On 2012-10-04 15:34, PokeYourWaffle[Helper] wrote:
Recently, I have seen many dreads running to sit on the enemy station and this forces the station to jump away. Stations have become practically useless because of this tactic. When they get on top of the station almost all the damage from teammates hits the station and very little goes to the enemy. So it's either watch the station die slowly, shoot the enemy and watch the station die extremely fast, or have the station jump away. Now if sitting on a station is all it takes to make it leave then stations are useless. As I write this Diesalot is sitting on top of me hitting my teammates and they can't do anything because I soak up the damage when they shoot at him. Honestly I don't even know how this could be fixed but it is a BIG problem .
[ This Message was edited by: PokeYourWaffle on 2012-10-04 15:38 ]

Sounds like its raining in my house... Nop, thats just your tears. Seriously This is not a new thing. Then don't bring out your stat. Remember we are trying to limit stat spam not promote it. If your stat could be killed this way real easy (if you had two more players with you, you would be fine) then you prob should not be in a stat...

-DBS
Marshal

Posted: 2012-10-06 01:56   
Btw, they can use beams... You could drop on him...

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-10-06 17:46   
Quote:

On 2012-10-06 01:21, Havick86* wrote:
you rarely fly stations is how you deal with it. And because of it you rarely ever move out of dres when you try to attack a system. Aside from that you have assault dreads with shields and firepower that almost match a station. And yes i know the ad argument is weak but you know it to be true and thats a reason i left icc. Theres no challenge in it for me. And my suggestion was on how to deal with station crowning not why icc don't fly stations
[ This Message was edited by: Zero28 on 2012-10-06 17:48 ]

um latly, ICC fielded almost as much station as UGTO did. and i really dont get what you mean by "moving out of dres"

And im Not even go Back on whole ICC AD thing... Yes the argument is weak, yet you still bring it up. and no, we KNOW its not true....kluth knows too
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Rykros1987
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-10-06 20:13   
I don't know much about stations or ad's or ead's but I do know one thing. I don't care about politics or peoples opinions other then when they actually show a reason for things.

Stations were put into this game for a reason. It has a purpose and not only does the repair capabilities show that but so does the long range and short range weaponry.

When a particular action causes stations to suddenly have no use and to become shields for the enemy turning the battle entirely in their favor in a way that causes people to hate using stations its obviously apparent that how things are now is not how they should be.

The station was given a purpose and its turning out to literally not have much of one anymore with this particular scenario which happens to rampantly occur in almost every battle involving stations.

Sure its 'always' been this way from what I hear but how has anything in the world in any way what so ever...been improved by the attitude of 'its how its always been who cares'?

To me the act of sitting on a station to use it against its own forces is not an intended feature. I highly doubt it and if it is... it wasn't well thought out at the time and is too easy to pull off rendering stations in large scale battles utterly useless compared to where they should be now.

When something makes any particular feature of this game seem useless at times then its best to re-evaluate it. Since obviously theres a problem if people despise using a station since they constantly get used as meat shields by the enemy.

Now the best thing I've noticed in suggestions so far is a station collision type response. Where the other ship explodes and does damage relative to its size to the station. This would prevent sitting and nobody would be dumb enough to try to lose points ramming a station.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-10-06 20:44   
The thing is it's EASILY COUNTERED by simply, oh, I dunno, doing something INTELLIGENT like PROTECTING YOUR STATIONS with assault ships. Someone isn't going to be camping ontop of one for very long when there's an AD/EAD/Siphon/Mandible or two forcefully violating them with beam alphas.

Really, people need to stop trying to turn this from Darkspace into Derpspace.
[ This Message was edited by: Talien on 2012-10-06 21:01 ]

Whiterin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-10-06 21:46   
Quote:

On 2012-10-06 20:44, Talien wrote:
The thing is it's EASILY COUNTERED by simply, oh, I dunno, doing something INTELLIGENT like PROTECTING YOUR STATIONS with assault ships. Someone isn't going to be camping ontop of one for very long when there's an AD/EAD/Siphon/Mandible or two forcefully violating them with beam alphas.

Really, people need to stop trying to turn this from Darkspace into Derpspace.
[ This Message was edited by: Whiterin on 2012-10-06 21:51 ]

Execpet that's wrong. Lately, last night my time for example, there were 3-5 siphons sitting on the station we had out at a time. Now, to address the suggested ways around this situation people have mentioned:

-Just have dreads for defense. Wow, no, really!? Because an AD can out beam 6 beam enh siphons right, or hey, even one! Yeah, no.

-Keep moving! Yeah, because stations are SO FAST that they are nearly impossible to keep up with! It's not hard to keep up with a station that's trying to run from you.

-Short jump out. Yeah, this would be a great idea if your enemy's JD didn't recharge 5x faster then yours and they couldn't just jump right back on you. Or hey, they usually just cloak and then 2 minutes later are right back on top of you.

This is an issue. Yes, the mechanics may have always been there, but this isn't how it's always been. It's not always been Luth siphon spam every time a station comes out. It's being HEAVILY abused lately, and it needs to stop. Either a new mechanic/weapon/collision thing needs to be added, or a rule needs to be put in place to do something about it. Just saying "LOL QQ MOAR" when people report, or complain about others circumventing and abusing game mechanics is down right idiotic. It's a problem, it needs to be fixed. Period.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2012-10-06 22:13   
just make ships floating above stations float higher so that other ships can shoot at it.

no benefit to the station.

Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-10-06 22:41   
You know its kinda funny that only ugto complain about this. Imagin if a kluth was complaining this lol.

No matter how hard they have tried. They havnt figured out how to nerf skill yet :P

Rykros1987
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-10-06 22:43   
Quote:

On 2012-10-06 22:13, Mike Paradox wrote:
just make ships floating above stations float higher so that other ships can shoot at it.

no benefit to the station.

You do realize that the reason the ship floats is because of the space the station takes up right? If they made the station bigger to do that guess what...you now have an even bigger station top that still takes more incoming fire and still doesn't address the problem.

@Necrotic: Funny. Because I believe Whiterin is ICC. Maybe you should pay more attention instead of like some people like to say...just trying to trolololol.
[ This Message was edited by: rykros1987 on 2012-10-06 22:53 ]

PokeYourWaffle
Marshal

Posted: 2012-10-06 22:51   
Quote:

On 2012-10-06 22:41, Necrotic wrote:
You know its kinda funny that only ugto complain about this. Imagin if a kluth was complaining this lol.

ICC players have complained as well. Just FYI.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024753 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR