Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » 1.670
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
 Author 1.670
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-07-25 00:26   
Players posting personal attacks in this thread have lost their posting rights until I feel comfortable they can be trusted again. I'm also disapointed in a few players whome I felt would give constructive feedback, reducing themselves into what is essentially babies tossing their dummies out of the pram.

In regards to AHR, I already spoke to Necrotic on Saturday about looking into returning AHR armour repair. However, this would likely mean the K'Luth stations would lose either their AHR or Damage Control. Having two AHR devices repair armour is too much, and nerfing one of those would either make the Stations on other factions suck, or the AHR on all K'Luth suck.

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-07-25 03:17   
fair enough.

i was a bit shocked when i found out my enegry goes out in a flash and there is now way im recharging under the cloak, if i have to RUN LIKE HELL!!! because my armor is just falling off me like skin from those crazy russion junkies using 'crocodile'.
i was also a bit suprised, when two siphons picked on icc station. station survived, both had to fall bach due to energy..oh and i died in the process. armor repairs really slow and when i sit in the middle of enemy fleet praying noone thinks of using ping waiting for my energy to fill up and ship to repair to usefull level...i still remain with minimal armor, what am i supposed to do? in my past i never waited to be 100% repaired when under cloak, i was happy trigger when my rings turned yellow. i play it risky, but now its a suicide, i was out for few alphas, and they almost blew me up. what is here to adapt? i cant kill efficiently, i cannot repair efficiently, i run...if i still have any armor on my arse

one other thing, no one will wait for few minutes that your energy comes back and you can attack him again. mostly all of targets get away or get such heavy backup its pointless to uncloak.

icc ships are finnaly a threat. they were before too..but now they are bigger threat. its good. havent seen many ugto so i dont have opinion on that. maybe cuz icc is on the rampage? or rsm died?

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-25 04:15   
Seems that UGTO and K'Luth were Nerfed Too Much giving armor rep for AHR should help luth..idk bout UGTO

Email *FTL*Soulless
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-25 04:54   

I spent most of Beta focusing more on stuff like weapons layout and damage. So I neglected to pay more attention to the other stuff like energy drain and armor rep rate.

So right now, after playing a few hours in release, my feedback:

- AHR not repping armor is a bit of a problem. It's not the end of the world, per se, but it does reduce Kluth's ability to stay in a fight. Organic armor is already weak, not having at least a little bit of rep totally reduces combat endurance. Yes, we can run to supply plats. But I guess you'll find Kluth jumping out more often after being hit only a couple of times.

- Energy drain is a tad too high. It needs to be reduced like 10 to 20% for all weaps. Right now, most ships tend to run out of energy before they run out of hull. LOL. I find myself E-jumping out of the fight at more than 50% hull because my batteries are dead.

Srsly? Energy drain was a bit overcooked. Needs to be pulled back a little. This applies to all faction of course.

I dunno about UGTO. Haven't fought them much. Will need to cross swords more before I can comment. But it seems that they've been almost wiped off Sag either due to player numbers... or lack of depots.

ICC is a lot stronger now. Not impossible to fight, but definitely they're headed in the right direction.

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-25 05:34   
From dev log:
- ##### Hotfix #####
- AHR and DC now repair armor, and costs ammo to do so. K'Luth Organic Armor regeneration rate lowered to compensate.
- K'Luth stations have had their DC's replaced for a couple of weapons each.
- Players getting their jumps aborted has been fixed.
- Released: TBC

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-25 05:49   
Quote:

On 2011-07-25 05:34, Pegasus wrote:
From dev log:
- ##### Hotfix #####
- AHR and DC now repair armor, and costs ammo to do so. K'Luth Organic Armor regeneration rate lowered to compensate.
- K'Luth stations have had their DC's replaced for a couple of weapons each.
- Players getting their jumps aborted has been fixed.
- Released: TBC

Sounds good to me.

Not like many K'luth use stations to begin with. The only one that's useful is the hive in being a moving repair platform.

Station repairing + dread fleet surrounding it seems to be the winning combo. Which is really how it should be.

Lithium
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-25 08:04   
Some people are misleading IMO.
UGTO still win at their time.
Even before patches, ICC could win at their time.
But most time, ICC has 3 times more players than UGTO.

Timezones and motivation of players are the essence of this game.
It has not been changed by patches.

An Fiach
Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-25 08:11   
My experiences so far-

K'Luth are shredding everything in their path. The players are using their faction advantages quite well and really shouldn't have anything to complain about. (Player organization was actually quite impressive)

UGTO finally cannot camp on a depot indefinitely and are forced to use tactics. They still pack a punch in the weapons department, they just need to learn to cycle themselves in and out of battle. Until that happens, I'm on the fence about the balance achieved. They seemed to die a little too quickly in group combat, but perception is everything.

ICC player organization has a looooong way to go. In that we performed terribly last night. Ranged attacks are effective against cruisers and larger though once the range advantage is lost, things quickly seemed to go south. So far, shields seem to be less effective, but the shield type layouts have been changed so it will take fiddling on my part to really get an accurate and objective observation on that. (for instance being accustomed to active shields on a particular ship that is now fitted with reactives). I'm sure a lot of it was based on my own epic fail.

Conclusion: Though I hate to see Luth fielding nothing but Dreads, that's probably all we are going to see from them because they are effective vs everything and the consensus from their players seems to be that all other ships are useless. It is nice to see a variety of ships fielded by the human factions. This is really how it should be for all factions. The only downside that I can find which is not affected by perception/faction bias is that it doesn't scale well to the small numbers we usually see online. A Krill is devastating but alone, it is toast as usual. UGTO can't camp on depots like they used to, but usually the majority of them are on when noone else is, same with ICC.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-07-25 08:43   
Quote:

On 2011-07-25 04:15, Soulless *ADM* wrote:
Seems that UGTO and K'Luth were Nerfed Too Much giving armor rep for AHR should help luth..idk bout UGTO

UGTO was not nerfed. The ships themselves are more effective overall because of the new layouts, they just can't be made immortal via depot/SS spam anymore.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-25 08:51   
I am pleased with new version. Ive only died once since release and that was when i was in a Combat dread.

I find my BC and me to be more than a match for everything on the field... ecept the new replacement for PCM. I can see them all the way up to about 400gu then they go off scope. They are impossible to dodge even when i bank 90 and cut engines ( the most effective manuver for throwing off IT missiles). When they do hit, a small percentage of the damage bypasses my shields completly and does hull damage. (probably due to the fact that it blows strait through two layers of shield like butter, but im rotating so it appears like shield never went down.

Im just not quite sure how to tackle a SS yet... But ill get there. Ive a few stratagies in mind, but getting non FTL members to wing me is like pulling teeth at times.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-07-25 08:56   
Yeah, I knew the BC was going to be a winner the instant I saw the layout in beta. I'm always good for coordinated attacks so say something if you see me on.

MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-07-25 13:58   
the ships now do such a large amount of damage the high energy drain is necessary.

Thrie
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2011-07-25 15:20   
Ah that was a fast response to Kluth's organic armor.

I was hoping a different approach would be taken.

Something along the lines of armor rep when Kluth ship is inactive (sitting at 0 velocity and weapons are not charging(can be cloaked)).

Idea falls along the line of hit and run. One would patch himself up with first aid after he's out of battle and far from harms way. So wouldn't this make sense for the Kluth?

After jumping out from combat for whatever reason... say the Kluth sits somewhere outside of the system, the armor rep would become active.

Now that the Kluth's naturally getting armor rep (at a lower rate) anyway... Have another item that repairs armor at a low rate when ship is inactive... The two combined would make armor rep faster being a benefit and incentive.

Email Thrie
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-07-25 16:06   
That would be rather difficult, sync-wise.

In regards to the ICC supremecy and UGTO suckage, the next hotfix will quite substatially lower ICC's damage output, and increase UGTO's to bring them back into line. Not quite sure how this got past Q&A, but these things happen.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-25 17:09   
Beta test

ICC shield HP reduced by 30% for a total of 45% reduction of HP since i started in 2009

Armor HP increased by 25%

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022545 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR