No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » interdictors
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
 Author interdictors
Freshmeat {-=Planet Collider=-}
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-09 01:50   
I got a very simple suggestion.

Make dictors a weapon that can ONLY affect one ship -> and it drains energy so u can only keep it up for certain amount of time. (With cool-down to stop instant target switching)
That way the dictor has to be smart about which ship it wants to stop it from jumping.

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-09 02:05   
Quote:
What i think is that we should add some sort of new module in place of the aux reactor called a jd stabilizer or smth (lol) that players can opt to exchange. since aux reactors are only found on the bigger more power intensive ships it also fits in well with the overall gameplay as smaller craft can just outrun the dictor (hence not needing them) and bigger ships can equip those and jump out. In order to nerf it and make it that much less of a god-mode thing we can add in a moderately heavy jump delay despite having a stab and of course we can make it such that one stab counters one field only.

haha we called those "warp core stabilizers" in EvE. they took up a slot on your ships layout, essentially handicapping your setup cause you were too chicken to commit to a fight.

intriduction to Darkspace in the form of aux reactors.... i love it. if someone wants to gimp thier setup to escape a fight, i am Down with that!

~~~~~~~~~

to the previous poster, sry goldfish memory on names here, if its a single target modual, make it fittable to more than just an interdictor ship. id support that however if its a dictor only, one ship only thing i wouldnt be down with that

Email Meko
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-09 02:09   
Every single ship capable of using one would have one though, save for stations with wormholes. There's no reason to add something like that to the game.

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-09 04:12   
Quote:

On 2009-03-09 02:09, MrSparkle wrote:
Every single ship capable of using one would have one though, save for stations with wormholes. There's no reason to add something like that to the game.

would they if that meant losing something vital... like an engine?

Email Meko
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-09 08:08   
I really am rather trepidatious about having a single-ship-targeting interdictor. I haven't really thought about it enough to come up with a cogent argument why I oppose the idea, but its always gave me a bit of anxiety to have it suggested - as it's been mentioned before.

A device that lets one bypass a dictor (maybe only with a short delay?) is an interesting idea.
Quick random idea - the thought of having a delay made me think of having a short countdown to jump WITH the device, whereas without it you can't jump at all in range of a dictor. I'd say that and/or have a penalty when jumping with a dictor on. So say you're UGTO. ICC has a dictor on the field, and you're outgunned, so you line up for a jump. The dictor is preventing everyone from jumping, but luckily you equipped a Jump Drive Overload Capacitor that lets you jump out. This requires a 5 second spin up time and damages your JD.. meaning it has to repair after your jump (which may not be a big deal depending on how long it takes to recharge).

You could also have it take extra energy to charge up (upon use) or after use, making you that much more useless upon its use - upon ignoring a dictor, in effect.

The point: I'd support it if it had tradeoffs. I only really like dictors if they have tradeoffs... and pretty harsh ones, at that, since I still lean towards the "costs outweigh the benefits" camp.

But I'm just one man.

Side note: this is a great thread.

Email Shigernafy
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-03-09 09:26   
i think this thread has pretty well run its course

Daedalus Bum
Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-09 10:00   
I liked the ide of Countering dictors, and the ide that it could be a weapon on any ship or higher class ships mabye.

- And it would have a cooldown and FAIL% like the wormhole device, it could fail when activating it.
- I would say it can be fit on a bigger ships and can be replaced with a core weapon?

Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2009-03-09 10:28   
I also like the idea of a countermessure to the dictor, It would really make things alot more interesting.

Also, Why is this thread 9 pages long, thats crazy! Are interdictors really that important?

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-09 13:22   
well namely the problem isnt the lost prestige from a enemy flying away, its the fact they don't LOSE any prestige for their mistake (honestly dieing in darkspace always involves making atleast one error)

Email Sens [R33]
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-09 13:28   
Quote:

On 2009-03-09 04:12, Meko wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-03-09 02:09, MrSparkle wrote:

would they if that meant losing something vital... like an engine?

Replacing an engine might be different. But not aux reactors.

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-09 15:56   
Quote:
Also, Why is this thread 9 pages long, thats crazy! Are interdictors really that important?

its a 'subscribe' or 'unsubscribe' to some

Email Meko
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-03-09 16:41   
Anti dictor enhancements.

duration 30 seconds (need a count down timer)

Can only be obtained from dead of an interdictors ship.

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-03-09 19:13   
One idea I had for a change to Dictors some time ago was that instead of being active continuously, the Jump Disruptor device would be something you triggered, like the Pulse Shield or the Flux Wave. When it went off, enemy ships inside the area of effect would have their jumpdrive recharge reset to zero. The device itself would have a cooldown only slightly faster than a Cruiser-grade jump drive, so smaller ships would be able to escape.

Of course, it would only be able trap ships already near it, instead of prevent ships from jumping in.

Email Jim Starluck
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-03-09 20:42   
Jim, i never did think i was going to say that on this thread, but it is a great idea.

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-09 21:00   
Jim's on to something there

Email Sens [R33]
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Page created in 0.031263 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR