No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » interdictors
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
 Author interdictors
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-06 00:50   
Quote:

On 2009-03-05 15:29, MrSparkle wrote:
Can't do that in your big ships? Have a small ship [...]

As far as I know, mostly the dread pilots were really annoyed by an interdictor. Small ships shouldn't have any problem.
[/quote]

You missed what I was saying. If you want to kill that ship that got away, have a small ship track it. No need for dictors. In fact without dictors small ships could come in very handy with their faster jumpdrives and ability to use scanners.

I don't like dictors and I never have. They were most prevalent in the version that made me quit. In 1.5 they don't work and I'm happy for it. Of all the things that need fixing and tweaking this version, dictors were never one I spoke up about.

Sorry, but when I first played this game there were no dictors. And it was fun. Then dictors were introduced, and suddenly it wasn't so fun. Then came .483 and forget it I was outta here. Now 1.5 is here and it's kinda like the old days are back. Dictors are out and the crazy things from .483 like superbombs and easy beacon use are gone. All is well again in Darkspace and it's been a very long time coming.

(I've never been one to worry about kills either. I figure an ejumped enemy is as good as a dead enemy because he's no longer in the fight, even moreso in this version with how easy it is to respawn and rejoin the fight. Kills matter not)

MekosPhone
Cadet

Posted: 2009-03-06 01:13   
Quote:

You missed what I was saying. If you want to kill that ship that got away, have a small ship track it. No need for dictors. In fact without dictors small ships could come in very handy with their faster jumpdrives and ability to use scanners.

I see your logic in saying the above, however we both know people just fly dreads and mash thier spacebar. People won't use small ships with no dictors, u can see it in the mv now.

When I started there were dictors, and no one used em. Why? Little or no pres gain from flying them. It will be the same when they are fixed, cause let's face it, no pres gain for flying them isn't a 'perk' slot of ds players will put up with. Furthermore it's the exact reason why people don't like them in the first place.

Quote:

(I've never been one to worry about kills either. I figure an ejumped enemy is as good as a dead enemy because he's no longer in the fight, even moreso in this version with how easy it is to respawn and rejoin the fight. Kills matter not)

I'll b forced to disagree here. I concede the kill doesn't matter statistically, and it gains u no pres but honestly it is an absolute satisfaction to be called names in /y chat. That is what appeals to so many people that play eve... It's not the flying around or the combat, ds has that on lockdown, it's the way that killing someone Hurts and the reaction it provides. Hint hint wink wink.

[/quote]

Target
Cadet

Posted: 2009-03-06 04:18   
If dying does not matter... why being concerned about the use of an Interdictor? The advantage for you as a victim would be: Faster respawn instead of a humiliating hunt!

(slightly off-topic, please open a beacon thread, if there is need for detailed discussion)
I used a Scout yesterday. I beaconed a K'Luth and followed him after his escape. I got some help to finish him off, what was difficult. Even with 4 ECCM devices and the maximum of 3 beacons, he was barely trackable. After that, he complained about my beacon spamming and having serious lag. I checked the RoC and it's true: I'm not supposed to spam an enemy. After that, I got killed twice by a single ship while our fleet was orbiting a planet by sneak-hit-and-run. It looked somewhat like a revenge, I don't know. The original victim seemed to be more relaxed and visited me in a cloaked scout.

So I'm neither able to use an interdictor nor allowed to use a scout to beacon and track an enemy. What else could be done to fight the K'Luth? Inventing lobster-trap-platforms?

Mmmmmmmh, invisible lobsters....

Email Target
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-06 07:34   
[quote]
On 2009-03-06 01:13, MekosPhone wrote:

Quote:

I see your logic in saying the above, however we both know people just fly dreads and mash thier spacebar. People won't use small ships with no dictors, u can see it in the mv now.

When I started there were dictors, and no one used em. Why? Little or no pres gain from flying them. It will be the same when they are fixed, cause let's face it, no pres gain for flying them isn't a 'perk' slot of ds players will put up with. Furthermore it's the exact reason why people don't like them in the first place.
Quote:

Well with the trial I'm seeing quite a few scouts flyin around. And once missions and grouping is in, dictors will be gaining all the prestige they could want which means dictor use will be through the roof. I'm not looking forward to it...my finger is on the "unsubscribe button"...

Quote:

I'll b forced to disagree here. I concede the kill doesn't matter statistically, and it gains u no pres but honestly it is an absolute satisfaction to be called names in /y chat. That is what appeals to so many people that play eve... It's not the flying around or the combat, ds has that on lockdown, it's the way that killing someone Hurts and the reaction it provides. Hint hint wink wink.

Bad bad bad! I'm 100% against everything you said right there! Satisfaction in being called names? People bitching on /y chat? Is that what you want out of killing? Is that what you want when playing this game? Because if so, I don't want you here. You'll never see me complaining about being killed in /y unless it's from some stupid bug, and then it's more like a disbelief complaint than an actual gripe. I'm the type of player who will leave someone alone if they just respawned at their planet with 5% hull left. I also chose not to attack ICC back when they had no planets. I'm not here to frustrate players, I'm here to have fun along with them. If your fun comes from messing up their fun, then go away.

Seriously, it angers me that you think that way. Go find another game if you want to kill people to make them mad.

NOW I know why you want dictors! Devs, you reading what this guy is saying? Remember when Shigernafy was wondering why his entire fleet won't subscribe until dictors are fixed? Now you know. Ask yourself if that's the kind of gameplay and community you want to foster. There's people here saying the thing that's bad about dictors is the frustration it causes, and here we have a fleet that's saying that that frustration is what's fun about them! I would support never having dictors again just to keep those kinds of players away from this game.

Pay very close attention to what he said because it's what's gonna happen to this game if dictors are fixed. Frustration, complaining in /y, complaining in /send, and people reveling in it. I've been saying thisfor a while. I suspected people wanted to cause that frustration in the game again, but never came out and said it because there was no proof. Now there is.

[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2009-03-06 07:41 ]

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-06 07:39   
Quote:

On 2009-03-06 04:18, Target wrote:
If dying does not matter... why being concerned about the use of an Interdictor? The advantage for you as a victim would be: Faster respawn instead of a humiliating hunt!

(slightly off-topic, please open a beacon thread, if there is need for detailed discussion)
I used a Scout yesterday. I beaconed a K'Luth and followed him after his escape. I got some help to finish him off, what was difficult. Even with 4 ECCM devices and the maximum of 3 beacons, he was barely trackable. After that, he complained about my beacon spamming and having serious lag. I checked the RoC and it's true: I'm not supposed to spam an enemy. After that, I got killed twice by a single ship while our fleet was orbiting a planet by sneak-hit-and-run. It looked somewhat like a revenge, I don't know. The original victim seemed to be more relaxed and visited me in a cloaked scout.

So I'm neither able to use an interdictor nor allowed to use a scout to beacon and track an enemy. What else could be done to fight the K'Luth? Inventing lobster-trap-platforms?
Mmmmmmmh, invisible lobsters....

Again you didn't read what I said I didn't say dying doesn't matter, I said kills don't matter, as in getting the kill. Dying matters a whole lot, you lose prestige and have to repair. Killing doesn't matter, all it does is add a meaningless +1 to your kill stat, and does what Meko said which you should not support..

As for beacons, they're fine this version. In the version that made me quit every ship could replace their cannons with them, and being hit by one made you totally visible. It was totally overpowered. It's fine now; only scouts can use them and you can still cloak with them on, it will just take a lot longer. I have no problem with beacons this version other than the fact that demo accounts can use them and I feel that it's too powerful a tool vs Kluth for someone who doesn't pay for the game

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-06 10:05   
Quote:
NOW I know why you want dictors! Devs, you reading what this guy is saying? Remember when Shigernafy was wondering why his entire fleet won't subscribe until dictors are fixed? Now you know.

Hahaha. Me saying that is like me saying i like to drink water cause of the taste and u saying im crazy for liking the taste. Your completely ignoring the fact that i need water for sustinance.

so let me clarify in point form for you.

1: Dictors add tactical value to the game in both defensive and offense capabilities.

2: With reasonable logic its easy to deduce that this type of technology would be invented by the game factions

3: They add conciquences to point jumping

4: They force people to think more instead of spacebar mash - jump out when im in hull - type of gameplay

5: Dictors being broken is a BUG thus they were originally intended to be in the game.

You find it frustrating to lose a ship. I find it frustrating to lose a kill. See the difference?

Where you find me offensive for loving people despising me cause of killing them in a PVP game, i find you hilarious for thinkin that about me.

does that break it down enough for you?

And as for you not jumping someones 5% ship, thats your choice, just make sure you are in dock range when you bring one out...

Email Meko
Daedalus Bum
Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-06 10:46   
I agree with Meko, dictors should be fixed. As he said ppl would have to think twice before jumping in and hitting spacebar. And after that jump back to nearest Friendly planet with depots or Sup. Ships.

And for the spacebar i usualy dont hit space bar unless am close enough that i know all weapons will hit. Thats why i use Shortkeys for each group of weapons (This way i can minimal the FF, etc. torps that miss enemy and hit your Own faction ship and mabye even kills em =D).

And for the fact to make ppl mad when killing em well that will never end.
Because most ppl wants the Prestige for the damage done, and then they want enemy player to lose pres, to show em whos the "maaan".

Thats the point in almost everygame, always about the pride and Vicious to be better than the others

Killing enemy in this Patch is mostly that mathers, when planets gains their defencive balance back, there will be fight over planets more again too.
As planets are easy to cap there will be more combat and that means more BLOOD.

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-06 12:29   
Quote:

On 2009-03-06 07:39, MrSparkle wrote:

Again you didn't read what I said I didn't say dying doesn't matter, I said kills don't matter, as in getting the kill. Dying matters a whole lot, you lose prestige and have to repair. Killing doesn't matter, all it does is add a meaningless +1 to your kill stat, and does what Meko said which you should not support..

Not only i entirely Agrea with Meko, What you said is wrong my friend
Dying makes you lose pres,Damaging makes you win very small ammount of pres,Killing wins alot more

Now iv been STUCK at 13000 Pres for about 5 days now,why cuz my kills either keep running away,cloak,And when i manage to get a kill,its not long im massily point jumped by both faction at same time(it happenend once XD)

i dont care a thing for the +1 kill or the +1 dead,i only care for the pres and seeing the way iv been trying to get what a 100 pres point in the past 5 days what so ever,sorry i just dont want to pay for somethign like that

also
Quote:

I don't like dictors and I never have

wasn't it just simplier to just sya that at the beginning,you don't like it,fine thats your opinion,i ike them thou, Meko likes them lot of people likes them,why should we not fix them just because you dont want them to be?
[ This Message was edited by: Dark-Zero on 2009-03-06 12:34 ]
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Danek Ma`arna C`arns
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-06 12:32   
Kills do not count for Pres... the hull damage counts.

If the target jumps away at 2% hull remaining, you miss very little pres.

Email Danek Ma`arna C`arns
Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-06 12:35   
oh for real,man i swear i looked at my pres when i was chasing someone and when i killed him he was a 5% and i won like 100 pres.. ~estimate+ maybe a bit of exageration
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Daedalus Bum
Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-06 12:57   
With my knowlage the pres is calculated from Hull Damage not kills.
Else there would be Kill stealers

And Dark you said that the game cant just delete dictors for someone, well mabye the game cant do alot of stuff for you either?

An Ide is one think, argument is another thing

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-06 14:05   
Quote:

On 2009-03-06 01:13, MekosPhone wrote:
Furthermore it's the exact reason why people don't like them in the first place.

no, ppl dont like them because when one is around that knows his stuff theres almost no escape from a certain death.

i was an avid dictor pilot a few years back and i can honestly say that not many got away if i didnt let them.

sure theres no pres gain flying one but its great fun if u want to annoy ppl to bits.

wich is probably the biggest reason anyone would want to fly one.

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-06 14:09   
Quote:

On 2009-03-06 12:57, Daedalus Bum wrote:
With my knowlage the pres is calculated from Hull Damage not kills.

it is, and still ppl get annoyed when someone gets away.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-06 14:12   
Quote:

On 2009-03-06 12:35, Dark-Zero wrote:
oh for real,man i swear i looked at my pres when i was chasing someone and when i killed him he was a 5% and i won like 100 pres.. ~estimate+ maybe a bit of exageration

Nope, getting the kill gives zero prestige. It's the hull damage you did that gave the prestige. If you killed 1000 ships each with only 1% hull left, you earned very little prestige. Plus like I said, in this version it's tactically better to leave a ship and it's player somewhere out in space with little hull left, since if he's killed he can instantly respawn and rejoin the fight, tipping the odds in favor of his faction. I see it all the time.

Meko, my problem with you is twofold: #1 you and someone named little chaoz were the only two people bitching and moaning in /y back when 1.5 was released, constantly trying to sow discourse. You were the ones that made me suggest that maybe we get rid of /y entirely. I do NOT want to see that sort of thing again. #2, you admitted yourself you like causing frustration in others, to you it's frustrating when you don't cause them frustration. I don't want that kind of player in my game.

I'm assuming you haven't been in game to see how relatively calm everyone is even when being killed. Very very few people complain, some even laugh when killed. And there's lots of "/y gf". You seem to want to change that, to where people get all upset and start calling each other names. Well ganking people with dictors will certainly add to that. And it will certainly cause me to leave. This community right now has FUN with each other. It's a good community, very little animosity. I'd like to keep it that way; it's rare to find a pvp game with a community that has very little animosity.

Yes, I see dictors as a very big problem, and not because of what they do to the game but what they do to the community.

(That's assuming dictors are brought back exactly as they used to be. If they're changed, then who knows?)

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-03-06 15:19   
Just a friendly reminder for all to stick on topic, and to be curtious and kind to each other.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020192 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR