No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » interdictors
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
 Author interdictors
Danek Ma`arna C`arns
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-06 15:21   
Kills do not count for Pres... the hull damage counts.

If the target jumps away at 2% hull remaining, you miss very little pres.

Email Danek Ma`arna C`arns
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-06 17:54   
Quote:
no, ppl dont like them because when one is around that knows his stuff theres almost no escape from a certain death.

not true at all man. people are so concerned with dictors casue its like "omg he can just follow me and im boned!". when what are the odds that the dictor is there to catch YOU in the fight. the fights these days seems to be more and more people and that makes survivability higher.

@Sparkle: Ohhh this is getting fun now. Im starting to think your only arguing against dictors is cause u dont like me, not cuase of the topic at hand!!! The reason for saying that is quite simple, youve given the weakest reasons for not implimenting dictors again

Ohh i dont like them

oh you cant escape

i liked the game when they werent in

they make people angry

etc

etc

etc

Gimme some real reasons, not just your opinion.

oh and, dont presume to even have any idea of who i am or how i think, cause your doing a very poor job of it.

Email Meko
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-03-06 19:18   
Well, i think there is solution for both sparkle and meko.

Also i think it is the best for Darkspace to become more strategic.

Lock the interdictors ships to admiral. Don´t let any noob to fly it.
Also make interdictors effective for both friendly and enemy.
If u can't jump ,your enemy must not jump either. Let the battle be in 1000gu zone. If friendly unit wants to jump out or jump in for any reason, dictor must be deactivated and there will be open door for enemy whoever want to jump out or in..

Examples from past.

dico : dude, i tracked the freaking station , i am dictoring him, So everyone go go go go go!

Nahh! this is unacceptable!

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-06 20:07   
Quote:
Lock the interdictors ships to admiral. Don´t let any noob to fly it.
Also make interdictors effective for both friendly and enemy.
If u can't jump ,your enemy must not jump either. Let the battle be in 1000gu zone. If friendly unit wants to jump out or jump in for any reason, dictor must be deactivated and there will be open door for enemy whoever want to jump out or in..

thats a fair compromise.

i support this!

Email Meko
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-06 20:26   
I do too.

What I don't want is the dictors we used to have.

EDIT: I can almost agree with anything that nerfs them compared to how they used to be, whether shorter range, more energy use, friendlies affected as well as enemies...but I especially like the friendlies as well as enemies fix. I just don't expect to see it is all. Range nerf is my least favorite.

Plus you all need to remember one thing: Since I'm Kluth I have the greatest chance of escaping anyway This isn't some personal gripe I have with dictors since chances are they will affect ICC and UGTO way more.

[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2009-03-06 20:30 ]

[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2009-03-06 20:33 ]

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-06 23:45   
Quote:
I do too.

See m8, we can agree =)

i honestly do think the affect friendly + enemy the same is a great change to make.

i propose the range, energy, + other things that were mentioned simply be put on a "well think about it later, maybe" table, since the (apparently) two biggest advocates pro-conn of the dictors have both said they agree on something.

yarr? =)

Email Meko
Sliverine
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-07 01:50   
we should make dictors pilotable by VA and above, reduce dictor weaponry, increase its survivability slightly. the dictor should be meant more as a full support type of ship much like a supply so it should technically not be able to pack too much of a punch yet it should not be so weak as to get insta-popped in combat. also i think dictors should be more manuverable but possess a slower base speed so that its not a complete pwnmobile ship that brings instant death to all within range.

even better, make it like cloak such that when u activate yr dictor field it has a tremendous energy drain and reduces yr speed by half. that way it becomes even more strategic.

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-07 04:35   
Quote:
even better, make it like cloak such that when u activate yr dictor field it has a tremendous energy drain and reduces yr speed by half. that way it becomes even more tactical.

it being on the field in the first place is strategic.

anyways, to adress what youve said, it sounds like your under the impression that dictors can fly around at high speed with the dictor modual running.... which in fact is not the case. dictors when they are setup right now, use a hell of a lot of energy and as such are already basically reduced to half speed for perma-running the modual

Email Meko
Target
Cadet

Posted: 2009-03-07 05:46   
- Don't change the preconditions for an Interdictor license. Why should one have to be an admiral to fly it? So called "noobs" are not even able to get a normal cruiser.
- If the "affect all ships" option is acceptable for everyone: why not? The defensive abilities will be almost the same, requiring only a bit of communication and timing.
- As said before: the area-of-effect should at all means be large enough to cover an average-sized fleet (say 10-15 ships) and to protect the Interdctor itself from incoming jump-in-and-kill attacks. A distance-related strength and/or the funny idea about the "slippery dictor", why not?
- For the sake of playability: Do anything against those dreads and stations, that keep jumping directly to your position and finishing you almost instantly off. This discourages the use of smaller ships and thus the integration of new players. Those huge ships are supposed to be slow. Their big advantage is already the massive firepower.

Email Target
Aradrox
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-07 13:25   
Quote:

On 2009-03-02 17:36, Shigernafy wrote:
Way to raise the level of discourse.

Also, don't bump threads when the issue is known.

Though personally I'm not a big fan of them either. What is it about them that keeps the entire -0- fleet subscribed? Because your last reply - fly them yourselves - not only makes no sense in response to their comments, but doesn't explain your affection for them.

I find they're a good thing in theory - like Strategery says, adding deeper tactics and making people think a bit more. But in practice they just seem to frustrate everyone on the opposing factions and depress combat willingness.
I've always advocated that they be weak and underpowered so that moving with the thing on will run you out of energy in <1min. You can do bursts of dictoring, but you can't dominate a dynamic battlefield. Barring that, I'd prefer they're gone.

i think that would be another excellent option

Aradrox
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-07 13:31   
Quote:

On 2009-03-02 18:52, Jim Starluck wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-03-02 17:36, Shigernafy wrote:

Though personally I'm not a big fan of them either. What is it about them that keeps the entire -0- fleet subscribed? Because your last reply - fly them yourselves - not only makes no sense in response to their comments, but doesn't explain your affection for them.

I find they're a good thing in theory - like Strategery says, adding deeper tactics and making people think a bit more. But in practice they just seem to frustrate everyone on the opposing factions and depress combat willingness.
I've always advocated that they be weak and underpowered so that moving with the thing on will run you out of energy in <1min. You can do bursts of dictoring, but you can't dominate a dynamic battlefield. Barring that, I'd prefer they're gone.

See, what frustruates *me* is how easy it is for a ship to escape combat, and how easy it is to get into close range. Longer-ranged ships have a hard time keeping that range open when there's nothing stopping an enemy jumping into direct proximity. Even more frustrating is the transport rush, where ships jump in right next to a planet and drop inf before they can be even targeted.

Without dictors, it becomes much, much harder--if not impossible--to shape the battlefield. You cannot stop the enemy from going wherever they want or from leaving whenever they want (barring jump recharges). You can't force the enemy to commit their forces unless they're all in stations and have to wait until their HMAs recharge. You can't have a truly decisive battle because it's so easy to escape.

THAT is incredibly frustrating to me. Compared to that, getting blown up due to being dictored is nothing. At least there I have potential counters: attack the dictor or fly away faster than it can keep up with you.

my point was that the dictors are nearly impossible to catch do to very few HUMAN players flying any thing smaller than a cruiser so at 1k to 800 gu you cant kill them in a timely manner or even make them wana run plus if there are other enemy ships they will kill you before you can kill or disable the distor to make your escape now that said i do like the idea of dictors i just think they should be tweaked to where they can be easily caught/disabled/killed yet not TOO easy dont get me wrong but devs need to keep in mind effective combat range is around 400 to 600 GU not 800 to 1k GU so witch dictors range being at 1k GU they try not to get ne closed to the ship they are dictoring then 800 gu thats atleast if they have half the brains i do and im not very smart

Aradrox
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-07 13:45   
Quote:

On 2009-03-03 11:18, Faustus wrote:
We are considering a couple of changes to interdictors...

Change 1: Add a spin up time for jumping once you are aligned, around 1 second perhaps... however, if you are in a interdictor field, then it make take 10-30 seconds to jump depending on the number and level of interdictors.

Change 2: Remove ship based interdictors and keep planet based ones only.

Your thoughts and comments are welcome...

i think that if you just turned there range down from 1k GU to 800GU it would make a orldc of difference because the effective combat range for most ships barring carriers/missle ships/stations is any where from 800 to 400 gu so if it was set at 800 gu in order to be able to keep them in the dictor without them fading in and out of it you would have to sit at about 600 gu from them and a side note this thread was not ment to be about why people wana get rid of dictors it was about KEEPING and BALANCING them

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-07 13:59   
Welcome to the internet, where forum threads 7 pages long go a bit off topic.

A 200gu range reduction is practically nothing. Now, having them affect friendlies as well as enemies is defintely something, and would require actual tactics and communication rather than just flying around slowly with it active.

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-07 14:05   
the range is fine on dictors. ^ sparkles right tho, dictors need to be omnipotent, not this trap enemys only.

cause if friendlys get caught as well, they cant pointjump trapped hostiles, which makes them Less effective than before, and i fully support this change.

and for a 7 page thread on these forums, this is a suprisingly on topic thread!! =)

Email Meko
Target
Cadet

Posted: 2009-03-07 18:34   
Funny, sometimes I have the impression, that some pilots forgot, that most ships have a normal engine in addition to the jump drive. Especially the discussion about the ranges of dictors and the weapon range makes me smile.

I'm glad, that there are many good suggestions and some kind of rising acceptance of the (modified and yet not useless) Interdictor ship. I might even resubscribe soon, as long as the changes are acceptable for me. I really miss my interdictor.

Email Target
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025113 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR