- Weekly DarkSpace
05/18/24 +3.2 Days
- Towel Day
05/25/24 +9.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - TheMadDoctor1991

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » ICC Assault Dreadnaught (with enhancements)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
 Author ICC Assault Dreadnaught (with enhancements)
Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-09-25 18:39   
*sigh*
The EAD does almost twice as much damage as the AD per alpha. Shouldn't the AD be able to fire more?
[rant]
every time this game gets close to balance, some ugto comes up and starts ranting about how he can't insta-win anymore.
then the other faction gets nerfed into oblivion.

[/rant]

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-25 18:50   
Quote:

On 2012-09-25 18:39, Mylith *CO* wrote:
*sigh*
The EAD does almost twice as much damage as the AD per alpha. Shouldn't the AD be able to fire more?
[rant]
every time this game gets close to balance, some ugto comes up and starts ranting about how he can't insta-win anymore.

[/rant]

Let me get this right, So what you are saying is if me and you in modded AD/EAD point blank alpha'd each other the EAD is going to do more damage?

Because if that is what you are saying, prove it with me, a beta test, no press loss, nothing to worry about, i found it funny today asking numerous people if they can test with me and they were reluctant to see themselfs proved wrong!

If i can be botherd to pull my finger out i will compress all the video's i have recorded and post them to back up my claims.
[ This Message was edited by: Two Face on 2012-09-25 18:54 ]

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-09-25 18:51   
Quote:

On 2012-09-25 18:32, Two Face wrote:
My original post was all about the AD which made me start to investigate deeper so i spent all day and night checking it out, now ive found out it isnt just the AD that we have an issue with, its ICC shields that are the main culprit coupled with defence enhancements.
Any UGTO dread will have a very tough time beating a ICC dread with the way ICC shields are now, Whiterin kicked my ass in his modded CD while in my modded EAD, almost as if i was hitting his ship with paper mache. (yes whiterin i didnt turn much, but on purpose to see if i could dent your hull which was a fail as you still had 100% hull after 100% alphas from EAD) Maybe if i didnt run out of energy so fast i could have put up a better fight, and there will be those that say number your weapons and dont use beams so much with the EAD to conserve energy but by the time i have accumilated enough energy back i will be in no fit state to stay and fight.

[ This Message was edited by: Mylith *CO* on 2012-09-25 18:51 ]

What mods were on your EAD? Did you use full defense? What mods were on the CD?
It's not the accumulation part as such, it's the 'what weapons are most effective at what part of the battle' part.
For example, don't use flux torps/beams until you're hitting hull.
Don't fire beams at max/medium range.
Try to use QST/torps more.
Don't engage people at 700gu.
etc.

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-09-25 18:54   
Quote:

On 2012-09-25 18:50, Two Face wrote:
Quote:

*sigh*
[rant]

[/rant]

Let me get this right, So what you are saying is if me and you in modded AD/EAD point blank alpha'd each other the EAD is going to do more damage?

exactly!
frob, can you post those facts here?

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-25 18:56   
Quote:

On 2012-09-25 18:54, Mylith *CO* wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-09-25 18:50, Two Face wrote:
Quote:

*sigh*
[rant]

[/rant]

exactly!
frob, can you post those facts here?

Meet me ingame now and we shall test.

raners
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-09-25 18:57   
Quote:

*sigh*
[rant]

[/rant]

Acctualy the point is now the game is not balanced,
we tested and played and saw.
The AD has to damn bigg defensive power, if 2 fully modedd ead`s cant even hull it, sorry but its same thing as god mode.
It was pretty difficoult to take out good AD player befour and now its just impossible.
I dont want you to think that now i am screaming becous i am ugto player and now its feer but its not! icc got shields boost to much. sorry but thats the truth.

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-09-25 19:19   
I can say that for kluth, we can kill a fully modded AD just fine.
Yes it takes a bit longer with that 51% def, but we can do it.

This game is beyond 1v1, think as a team.

As soon as you can attack the AD on multiple arcs, its only a matter of time till shields are gone.

Whiterin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-09-25 19:27   
Quote:

On 2012-09-25 18:32, Two Face wrote:
My original post was all about the AD which made me start to investigate deeper so i spent all day and night checking it out, now ive found out it isnt just the AD that we have an issue with, its ICC shields that are the main culprit coupled with defence enhancements.
Any UGTO dread will have a very tough time beating a ICC dread with the way ICC shields are now, Whiterin kicked my ass in his modded CD while in my modded EAD, almost as if i was hitting his ship with paper mache. (yes whiterin i didnt turn much, but on purpose to see if i could dent your hull which was a fail as you still had 100% hull after 100% alphas from EAD) Maybe if i didnt run out of energy so fast i could have put up a better fight, and there will be those that say number your weapons and dont use beams so much with the EAD to conserve energy but by the time i have accumilated enough energy back i will be in no fit state to stay and fight.

[ This Message was edited by: Two Face on 2012-09-25 18:33 ]

To be fair though, my CD isn't the standard build. I sacrificed pretty much everything to get the defensive power it has. I can't fly faster then 5 GU when fighting because I will run out of energy in just a few shots. I have to manage energy, and that's in a CD! I could see a similar build in AD being very strong as it has much higher damage output. That said... it still feels like in some situations, my old UGTO BD/CD could take more damage over all. The main problem defense-wise is that you need to turn the UGTO ship to take advantage of all the armor arcs, whereas on ICC you can simply adjust the shields to do the same. I still believe UGTO has better defense power (don't hate), but it's harder to use it's full potential.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-09-25 19:58   
Quote:

On 2012-09-25 19:27, Whiterin wrote:
I still believe UGTO has better defense power (don't hate), but it's harder to use it's full potential.

It does. 2 layers of armor with tailored resistances vs. 1 layer of shields with tailored resistances+1 layer of armor with 0 resistances. Add to that the ludicrous repair rate of armor with drones even in combat where shields can't get any kind of boosted repair rate.

Turning your ship so the damage is spread across different armor arcs isn't any harder than managing shield rotation, it's actually easier in a way since you don't practically need a third hand to do it. ICC has maneuvering, weapons, and shields to manage, UGTO just has maneuvering and weapons and can afford to use the arrow keys for turning which gives a much higher degree of control.
[ This Message was edited by: Talien on 2012-09-25 19:59 ]

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-25 20:11   
Quote:

On 2012-09-25 19:58, Talien wrote:
Quote:

I still believe UGTO has better defense power (don't hate), but it's harder to use it's full potential.

It does. 2 layers of armor with tailored resistances vs. 1 layer of shields with tailored resistances+1 layer of armor with 0 resistances. Add to that the ludicrous repair rate of armor with drones even in combat where shields can't get any kind of boosted repair rate.

Turning your ship so the damage is spread across different armor arcs isn't any harder than managing shield rotation, it's actually easier in a way since you don't practically need a third hand to do it. ICC has maneuvering, weapons, and shields to manage, UGTO just has maneuvering and weapons and can afford to use the arrow keys for turning which gives a much higher degree of control.

Sorry i didnt realise the EAD can shoot backwards.

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-25 20:22   
Talien i am happy to test this with you, same with any other ICC player, no kills to the death just a simple test, what you are all saying is that the EAD will win at point blank range vs AD, am not saying it should, but the degree the EAD loses to now needs looking into!
[ This Message was edited by: Two Face on 2012-09-25 20:30 ]

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-25 20:32   
Quote:

Quote:

True, mashing spacebar and Numpad 8 is alot harder! tough on you guys.

Diesalot
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-09-25 21:02   
Quote:

On 2012-09-25 18:57, raners wrote:
Quote:

*sigh*
[rant]

[/rant]

The AD has to damn bigg defensive power, if 2 fully modedd ead`s cant even hull it, sorry but its same thing as god mode.
It was pretty difficoult to take out good AD player befour and now its just impossible.
I dont want you to think that now i am screaming becous i am ugto player and now its feer but its not! icc got shields boost to much. sorry but thats the truth.

If you meant about the fight vs me, you were being used as a shield from two faces ead, so it wasnt both of you firing..then I had to use the gate to get out as i was getting into hull. Its not possible to break an EAD's armor intime when fighting 2 EAD. Single AD doesnt have the capability.

Even 2 v 2 the ead will win, i'm sure someone already mentioned that before. And yes dont use spacebar, flux uses lot of energy and you dont need it early in the battle.

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-09-25 21:09   
Quote:

On 2012-09-25 18:57, raners wrote:
Quote:

*sigh*
[rant]

[/rant]

what kind of situation were you in? 2 EAD jumped 1 AD point blank that was sitting in the middle of space, the AD didn't move and use one of you as a shield? the AD didn't have to run and made both EAD's run? I doubt it.

[ This Message was edited by: Mylith *CO* on 2012-09-25 21:14 ]

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-09-25 21:13   
Quote:

On 2012-09-25 20:32, Two Face wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

True, mashing spacebar and Numpad 8 is alot harder! tough on you guys.

uh no.
I never hit spacebar.
I have IC keyed to 1, torps to 3, regular beams to 2, and HCL's to 4.
I fire IC at most any target.
I fire torps at dreads/stats in range.
I fire beams when I'm under 120gu.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024934 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR