- Weekly DarkSpace
05/18/24 +3.0 Days
- Towel Day
05/25/24 +9.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - TheMadDoctor1991

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » ICC Assault Dreadnaught (with enhancements)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
 Author ICC Assault Dreadnaught (with enhancements)
Six Scars
Captain

Posted: 2012-09-26 03:25   
Quote:

On 2012-09-25 21:29, Azreal wrote:
[...]
If two ships hit 1 arc, you get to eat thru 4 shield arcs worth of damage before hull gets touched. Thats a lot of shield. If two pilots hit two arcs, then the most any one pilot will really be able to face is 50% of any sheild arc. If you let an AD shunt all of his shield energy to one face when you have two ships to hit him, you deserve to die.

To properly kill ICC dreads and stats, you go against the normal convention of "everyone hit the same arc". Against ICC, it is more efficient to have everyone hit a seperate arc.
[...]

I never realy understand this. If you hit 2 arcs you just spread the shields between them, and have 2 layers of armor to pierce rather then 1. I would still recommend focussing fire on a single arc when possible..

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-26 03:35   
Quote:

On 2012-09-26 03:25, Six Scars wrote:
Quote:

[...]
If two ships hit 1 arc, you get to eat thru 4 shield arcs worth of damage before hull gets touched. Thats a lot of shield. If two pilots hit two arcs, then the most any one pilot will really be able to face is 50% of any sheild arc. If you let an AD shunt all of his shield energy to one face when you have two ships to hit him, you deserve to die.

To properly kill ICC dreads and stats, you go against the normal convention of "everyone hit the same arc". Against ICC, it is more efficient to have everyone hit a seperate arc.
[...]

I never realy understand this. If you hit 2 arcs you just spread the shields between them, and have 2 layers of armor to pierce rather then 1. I would still recommend focussing fire on a single arc when possible..

wayyy harder said then done, it really is hard to do when you got 2 ships on you, your trying to manuver, and your shooting at the same time, and rotating shields. take a lot of dexterity sometimes.

Edit: on another note, it appears that the AD got buffed acidentally in beta. Seems like it has a 25% weapons buff for some strange reason. I would close this thread as it appears that would cause the balance issues we were seeing. Wish I had a ship with 73% weapons damage!!!

This Only is occuring in BETA, It's not showing up in the Mv, so no going crazy

Thanks to xTc from :AoD: for investigating it with me.

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Brutality *COM* on 2012-09-26 04:20 ]

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-09-26 03:49   
A follow up pic:

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-09-26 06:55   
Please remove old ships from beta - they have an aura bug which doesn't plague release due to the fact that the bugged ships were only in beta.

Once you delete them and spawn a new ship, it should be fine.

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-09-26 07:04   
So did you test with the bugged AD or the normal one?

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2012-09-26 07:38   
Ok so yea can some one clearify, since i have yet to log in at home im actually on school computer atm and dont want to get in trouble For downloading DS on this comp. To clarify is there new Hull's for the dread's or new layout's?? Didnt feel like waiting 12 or so Hour's to check.

-Ray

[ This Message was edited by: Ray*CO* on 2012-09-26 15:13 ]

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-26 09:39   
Quote:

On 2012-09-26 03:35, Fatal Brutality *COM* wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

[...]

[...]

wayyy harder said then done, it really is hard to do when you got 2 ships on you, your trying to manuver, and your shooting at the same time, and rotating shields. take a lot of dexterity sometimes.

Edit: on another note, it appears that the AD got buffed acidentally in beta. Seems like it has a 25% weapons buff for some strange reason. I would close this thread as it appears that would cause the balance issues we were seeing. Wish I had a ship with 73% weapons damage!!!

This Only is occuring in BETA, It's not showing up in the Mv, so no going crazy

Thanks to xTc from :AoD: for investigating it with me.

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Brutality *COM* on 2012-09-26 04:20 ]

Thanks for bringing this to light.

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-26 09:44   
Quote:

On 2012-09-26 06:55, Pantheon wrote:
Please remove old ships from beta - they have an aura bug which doesn't plague release due to the fact that the bugged ships were only in beta.

Once you delete them and spawn a new ship, it should be fine.

These were brand new ships which didn't make sence to either of us. We had to wait and get res for both of them. xTc has ehs on his just to show that something isn't right. Did something get tweaked by accident when the model was changed? Just a thought.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-09-26 12:28   
my deapest apologies to two face. Seems there really was something amiss with assault dreads.

Your outcry here led to the discovery of a bug with the icc ad.

While your specific encounter may have not featured this bug, its good that this forum has helped bring it to light.

Again thankyou two face.

Way to stick to your guns.

I salute you

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-26 12:39   
Quote:

Quote:

[...]

[...]

This is why Wolf ate ICC dreads and stats for breakfast lunch and din din. also, works GREAT if u are luth cause u dictate terms of battle if you are a good luth.

Its a little (ok a lot) off topic, but worth a good discussion if u like....

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-09-26 12:50   
dual ark attacking kluth are easy to deal with.

This tactic is mostly effective because the icc pilot will hesitate, freeze, or be uncommitive due to panic.

Keep a level head and;

You pick one to shuck your shields to, and show the other one the buisness end of your gun and beam batteries. Rotate your armor (rotate your ship) to the one your firing at, and keep your shields up on the one you are not firing at. Cut a smal donut to place the one your firing at betweem you and the one your not firing at.

Now focus shields to strongest firing arc, and finish off kluth 1. kluth 2 will have to reposition to get you.

Probability of you not being able to fight them both off is high. But i promise they will be in shock at the ammount of damage you take and deal.

This tactic is for ad only. cd and other smaller ships should make distance asap. Station.... Well i never flew them much so your outa luck there.

[ This Message was edited by: CM7 on 2012-09-26 12:53 ]

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-09-26 14:02   
i fail to read in the description that the EAD must win every battle 1 on 1

19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-26 14:55   
Quote:

On 2012-09-26 14:02, Zero28 wrote:
i fail to read in the description that the EAD must win every battle 1 on 1

Take a look at my post on page (4) at: 2012-09-25 20:22.

I understand an EAD should NOT always win but it was the degree it was loosing to by the AD, the setup i had on my AD during tests wasnt the best so yes Brutality was able to get me down to 80% hull before he was dead but on a AD set up by a common ICC player they were able to keep 100% hull before an EAD was dead, do you undertand now what i was getting at Zero?

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-09-26 16:14   

Seriously thou, ICC's strong point is the same as its weakpoint, its the shields. ICC IS supposed to have superior Defence, Wait til you see my command station with def enh. but let me aks you aa few question about your EAD

Doest it use the more energy generation PFE engines? (i think its those)
Do you move a full speed?
Do you smash spacebar?
Do you turn you ship to spread incoming damage on more arcs?
what Enh you using?
What kind of armor are you using?

all these will come into account and will influence the outcome
and play with your team

[ This Message was edited by: Zero28 on 2012-09-26 16:14 ]
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-26 16:45   
Quote:

On 2012-09-26 16:14, Zero28 wrote:

Seriously thou, ICC's strong point is the same as its weakpoint, its the shields. ICC IS supposed to have superior Defence, Wait til you see my command station with def enh. but let me aks you aa few question about your EAD

Doest it use the more energy generation PFE engines? (i think its those)
Do you move a full speed?
Do you smash spacebar?
Do you turn you ship to spread incoming damage on more arcs?
what Enh you using?
What kind of armor are you using?

all these will come into account and will influence the outcome
and play with your team

[ This Message was edited by: Zero28 on 2012-09-26 16:14 ]

Yes
No
No
Yes
4x Adv Defence 4x Adv Beam Multi
Standard

Sick of repeating myself so i am now leaving it to the Devs to look into.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Page created in 0.029220 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR