- Weekly DarkSpace
05/18/24 +2.9 Days
- Towel Day
05/25/24 +9.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - TheMadDoctor1991

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » ICC Assault Dreadnaught (with enhancements)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
 Author ICC Assault Dreadnaught (with enhancements)
Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-26 17:18   
Quote:

On 2012-09-26 16:45, Two Face wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-09-26 16:14, Zero28 wrote:

Seriously thou, ICC's strong point is the same as its weakpoint, its the shields. ICC IS supposed to have superior Defence, Wait til you see my command station with def enh. but let me aks you aa few question about your EAD

Doest it use the more energy generation PFE engines? (i think its those)
Do you move a full speed?
Do you smash spacebar?
Do you turn you ship to spread incoming damage on more arcs?
what Enh you using?
What kind of armor are you using?

all these will come into account and will influence the outcome
and play with your team

[ This Message was edited by: Zero28 on 2012-09-26 16:14 ]

Yes
No
No
Yes
4x Adv Defence 4x Adv Beam Multi
Standard

Sick of repeating myself so i am now leaving it to the Devs to look into.

Chillax. That bug was the only reason you could crush me like you did. Without that 25% increased attack the EAD will win at close range......

Whiterin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-09-26 18:49   
Quote:

On 2012-09-26 12:28, CM7 wrote:
my deapest apologies to two face. Seems there really was something amiss with assault dreads.

Your outcry here led to the discovery of a bug with the icc ad.

While your specific encounter may have not featured this bug, its good that this forum has helped bring it to light.

Again thankyou two face.

Way to stick to your guns.

I salute you

The recent bug was unrelated to this topic. This topic had nothing to do with finding the bug. The reason the bug was found, was because I just made FA and spawned a fresh AD which had the 25% damage bonus. To my lnowledge, I was the only one that had it as everyone else's ADs are older. Completely unrelated, just a coincidence. The bug found now has no bearing on his original complaint, so his complaint is still unresolved.

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-26 18:57   
Exactly

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-26 23:01   
Quote:

On 2012-09-26 18:57, Two Face wrote:
Exactly

Well with the 25% that you had when you faught me in beta, im sure the ead will win now.

Whiterin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-09-27 02:30   
After watching the issue, speaking with people, and briefly testing the energy drain on the EAD myself... I think the best, and simplest way to even the odds would be to simply give the EAD an extra aux generator. That way, the energy drain wouldn't be as bad, and the EAD could be used to it's full potential for longer. Also, I have never seen a ship that chewed through Mi armor and hill like butter before, wow!

Code Red
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2012-09-27 03:01   
I am also in Beta looking at the new models for EAd and AD , loving them both tbh , the EAD for me provides amazing dps , arcs arent too bad either and for me with PFE engines fitted the energy regain is very fast , in short at the moment i struggle to find fault with it. Will arrange to fly vs AD later.

Code Red, For winning in the 1RA Fleet Wars event, here's your coupon for a week.

Code Red
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2012-09-27 05:02   
Have had some time to fly the EAD a bit more and test it vs an AD flown by an excellent pilot and the result was very close indeed. I had no problems with energy and just edged the AD (who admitted they could have turned more) this aside the result shows that both ships are very close 1 v 1 and I have to doubt that 2 EAD would loose vs 1 AD unless other circumstances come into play.

Code Red, For winning in the 1RA Fleet Wars event, here's your coupon for a week.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-09-27 08:22   
The EAD has the highest DPS output of any ship, but has the high energy drain as a result. Mashing the spacebar will result in you depleting your energy. A little forethought and energy management will go a long way. You sacrafice damage output, but you last longer, but due to the fact the damage output is high in the first place, this offsets it.
[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2012-09-27 08:22 ]

Walrus of Apathy
Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-09-27 08:25   
Quote:

On 2012-09-27 08:22, Pantheon wrote:
The EAD has the highest DPS output of any ship, but has the high energy drain as a result. Mashing the spacebar will result in you depleting your energy. A little forethought and energy management will go a long way. You sacrafice damage output, but you last longer, but due to the fact the damage output is high in the first place, this offsets it.

Wait, are you suggesting they can't just jump in, mash space bar, and insta-gank every red diamond within 1500 GU?

Email Walrus of Apathy
Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-27 09:44   
Ive just tested with one of the most experianced UGTO players and got his hull down to 5% and armour 0% while i had 100% hull, not sure what my armour was at but i felt quite comfortable, this was witnessed by Code Red, Nova31, Steveyk, Aw.=w and i think Whiterin, i tryed to yell stop but got d/c. Will do further testing.

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-09-27 11:43   
Quote:

On 2012-09-27 09:44, Two Face wrote:
Ive just tested with one of the most experianced UGTO players and got his hull down to 5% and armour 0% while i had 100% hull, not sure what my armour was at but i felt quite comfortable, this was witnessed by Code Red, Nova31, Steveyk, Aw.=w and i think Whiterin, i tryed to yell stop but got d/c. Will do further testing.

we need more info. what range was the duel? were there any other people? was he in planet def? was this with a bugged AD?

can you narrate what happened?

[ This Message was edited by: Mylith *CO* on 2012-09-27 11:43 ]

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-09-27 12:50   
I really don't know what you are still complaining about, of course an EAD is going to run out of power before killing an AD with +48% defense, it's not designed for sustained firepower. The game isn't balanced with enh in mind, it's balanced for stock ships, enhancements are optional if you choose to buy them or get lucky and get them as drops. You put an EAD vs an AD at close range with no enh and the EAD will win every time because it puts out far more damage than an AD over short periods of time.

Quote:

On 2012-09-27 02:30, Whiterin wrote:
After watching the issue, speaking with people, and briefly testing the energy drain on the EAD myself... I think the best, and simplest way to even the odds would be to simply give the EAD an extra aux generator. That way, the energy drain wouldn't be as bad, and the EAD could be used to it's full potential for longer. Also, I have never seen a ship that chewed through Mi armor and hill like butter before, wow!

EAD did previously have 1 more aux gen, but it pretty much let it fire alphas forever so it was removed and replaced with more weapons.

So now we have the EAD with massive spike damage but less sustained firepower, the AD with good sustained firepower but less spike damage, and the Mandible with massive spike damage and the capability for sustained firepower with ELF so long as it doesn't get hammered and forced to jump or cloak to repair.

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-27 13:03   
Quote:

On 2012-09-27 08:22, Pantheon wrote:

BAD DEV's i think you may need to hotfix and increase the EAD's energy and damage by 100,000,000,000

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-09-27 13:55   
Quote:

On 2012-09-26 16:45, Two Face wrote:

Sick of repeating myself so i am now leaving it to the Devs to look into.

Well The AD hasn't changed one for a while now, Skirmish sheilds were added, and Def enh were changed. The AD remained pretty much same, i find it odd that suddenly AD is OP, especially when the changes aren't that recent

at the very best the ENH is the most extreme possibility

And you keep sayign you test it out, test it out, Well dude none of us, including the Devs can help if you don't provide Details as said in this post multiple times

"i fought an EAD 3 time and won with 100% hull" is not going to get us anywhere

AND funny enough Even thou you said x person witnessed it. Why are you the only one Saying about it?

[ This Message was edited by: Zero28 on 2012-09-27 13:56 ]
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Steveyk
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2012-09-27 14:21   
Well im too lazy to make posts normally but anyway the fights were all at close range with standard then albative armour we are going to try ref armour next time we are both on. Would anyone like to suggest what would be a fair test? maybe 2 on 2 etc?

Email Steveyk
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027523 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR