Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » The Forgotten Fleet (Now including Book II)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
 Author The Forgotten Fleet (Now including Book II)
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2005-01-12 16:28   
Quote:

On 2005-01-12 15:55, Coeus Darksoul wrote:
Oh leave the poor guy alone already

now if you wanna bump just say so.... dont act like you care about the ENORMOUSLY late writers feeling by posting that sneaky bump.

a clear bump is way better and it spares his feelings when you tell him you lied..

- Axi

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-01-12 17:17   
ROFL! See, I actually DO understand how it is to have so many people post insisting another chapter & not be able to produce it due to time, writers block, or just plain inconvience - so cut the guy some slack - hes pounded out a fantastic story at an incredible pace & under extreme circumstances. PATIENCE!

GJ Rocko, take yer time

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-01-16 07:31   
Hello All,

First I would like to let you know I am currently alive and well all things concidered over here. Things are picking up a bit with the Jan. 30th National Vote coming.

I would also like to tell you the reason why you have not heard from me. It seems we had a major communications failure in the system we use for Internet, Email, Satalitte Phones (no "ET, Phone Home!" for me) etc... was broken. They searched high and low for the part to our Challenge Athena System (that's its name... funny a science fiction sounding system is holding this story up) which they found (the only one on THIS side of the world) and flew it in. It has been repaired and I am back in business.

"And the people rejoiced... YEAH!"

I promise to have the next chapter in your hot little hands or screens (depending on your preferance) in the next 24 hours... I have to work for a little bit right now and will smooth over Chapter 19 and then you will have it right away. I have also, while in this forced unavailablility, have come up with several new idea's and outlines for future chapters. I will also be trying up a couple of side storys as well as opening new ones.

I have also come up with an idea for a follow on story entitled "A Call To Arms."

I am glad to be back and can't hardly wait to get back to bringing you the gooey goodness that is The Forgotten Fleet.

Till Tomorrow,

Keep the Faith,

Rocko

P.S. Yeah send me any idea's for your individual characters (backgrounds, traights, etc) for inclusion to the story to rocko@wk.net

Enjoy all!

[ This Message was edited by: Rocko Willis on 2006-07-05 00:39 ]

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Strategery
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-01-16 07:52   
Well Rocko, I haven't been able to say it, but that is a great story and I'm honored to be included, in the first chapter no less. Took me a while myself to actually find the time to read it, and that took about a week to get to chapter 18 as you write so damn much! I've been quite busy with RL stuff so I definately understand how tough it must be for you to find time to write such good fic. Take as much time as you need, we understand. Anyway, keep up the good work and stay safe out in the desert.

P.S. Maybe you could give me a little battle scene, i'm getting bored being one of those armchair admirals....

Nub Out

[ This Message was edited by: -=~NubMarine~=- on 2005-01-16 07:53 ]

[S.W] Grand Admiral Strategery
ICC Master Battle Strategist (ret.)
Proud Commander of the C.S.S. Ticonderoga

Email Strategery
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2005-01-16 08:37   
Quote:

On 2005-01-16 07:52, -=~NubMarine~=- wrote:

P.S. Maybe you could give me a little battle scene, i'm getting bored being one of those armchair admirals....

Nub Out

he's bored........ so why not let him be assasinated and remove the boredom from the story

- Axi

Placebo
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-01-16 08:46   
Quote:

he's bored........ so why not let him be assasinated and remove the boredom from the story

Why not have him assasinated..but the big twist right...assasinated with cheese....just a thought...

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-01-16 15:38   
Cheese OD

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-01-17 07:57   
Ahhh .. finnally Chapter 19 is done and on its way. I am glad everyone likes it and all. I have put alot into this story. My heart and soul... Now without further ranting on my part...

Chapter 19 or... "Linna's Discovery"

P.S. I got a little something for you Nub... i haven't forgotten you at all.

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-01-17 08:03   
*****Chapter Nineteen*****

Linna was surprised at the statement this man had just said. “Your Coeus Darksoul’s father? Does he know you are alive?” “I don’t think so. It was a long time ago when I was given up for dead by the Senate even though the Admiralty wanted to keep looking for my crew and myself.” “Why didn’t you try to get a hold of him? Don’t you think he would want to know?” “Don’t you think I tried to find a way to let my only son know I was alive? I wanted to let him know but over the years it seemed harder and harder to do. He was so young when I was lost that I thought by the time I got back he wouldn’t know me.” “You shouldn’t think like that.” “I know this because he has told me he thinks of you.”

Rocko knew he had been in a tight spot. He had made mistakes and knew he had almost gotten his whole command smashed in the process. He had to do better. “Sir, we are getting a transmission from Fleet Headquarters on Xathra, they say it is important.” “Very Well, I will take it in my ready room.” Rocko knew this may not be good but he couldn’t just ignore the Admiralty. “Admiral Willis, what in Neptune’s name did you think you were doing by jumping to Admiral Backslash’s location?” “I was saving a friend just like you would have done Admiral Bito!” “You jeopardized the entire operation by exposing yourself like that. You could have very well given up the whole mess and gave the UGTO the ability to figure out what is going on!” “But had I not arrived when I did Backslash’s Station would have been overrun and destroyed, and I wasn’t going to let another commander die when I could have saved him. That has happened to me once, but I will be damned if I will let it happen again.”

Bito chomped on a piece of cheese while he contemplated what Rocko had just said. “I know you still live with the Marcus’s death as much as I do. You do remember who was in charge of that battle group don’t you. I commanded that group and it was I who told you to go protect Marcus. I live with the fact I sent you to do a job you were ill equipped to take care of.” “We all had to face tough choices back then but I made a tough choice by popping in to save Backslash. I would make that same decision again if I had to.” “Well lets hope you don’t have to again.” “Aye Sir, I agree with you completely.”

On Earth the same type of meeting was happening but not in as nice a way, for Admirals Ruff and Twitch where standing at attention like new recruits at a pass and review. “Admirals, can you explain why half of your fleet is now in total ruins? Do you have any idea how much that is going to cost the UGTO in raw materials? The cost is astronomical!” Ruff and Twitch where thinking the same thing. Forget the ships, where in the world where they going to get the replacement crews? “I have received a communication from the Admiral who was attacked in Barnards Star. He states Anti-Mater PCM’s attacked him from long range and he was unable to detect the type of ships that fired the missiles. Some of his ships under his command made a proximity jump based on the inbound course of the PCM’s and said they had engaged enemy ships but went off the air shortly after. He says he was unable to regain communications afterwards.

The Council pondered the statement. “Who could have developed an Anti-Mater based PCM? The ICC? The K’Luth?” “I checked with Fleet Intelligence. They believe it is highly improbable, based on current levels of resources, that the ICC developed let alone fielded such a devastating weapon. They also reported high levels of Anti-Matter weapons usage in the area of the Barnards Star conflict. It is possible the K’Luth have developed but currently we have no intelligence to support this theory. It is nearly impossible to get any spies into the area to watch them, unlike the ICC. The second attack in Ross 148 was, in our opinion, a desperate attempt to try to take some planets in the Ross 148 system.”

“That might have been but they still destroyed 14 of our precious ships.” You mean MY ships you arrogant, pompous, egotistical … “It is believed the ICC Station commander called for help when he noticed he was loosing the battle. Our Fleet commander at the scene had them solidly and as far as we knew there were no other ICC ships with in range to assist them during that battle. We have lost half our fleet but we have not lost the systems in question.” “That is true Admirals, and that is the only reason you are both still alive.

Rocko was sitting at his terminal at the secret Moon base talking to Backslash, discussing the latest events. “Rocko I owe you big time for pulling my butt out of the frying pan. I had no idea they were coming. I am also sorry about not pulling off the other fleet units before you got there.” “”It happens, I didn’t have much luck either when my wormhole opened up on the top of a supply point. Have you figured out how those connections to the Wormhole Transmission Array got disconnected?” “No not yet. Those are high power transmission lines and you just don’t take them off. The only time they come off is when you remove the whole Wormhole Module for maintenance. I am having my Security Officer look into it.” “Well I hope you figure out what happened. Personally it smells fishy to me.”

Rocko and Backslash both hoped there was a reasonable explanation as to why the cable had been disconnected but couldn’t come up with a reasonable one. “I have to go Backy, I have another call coming in. Looks like it’s Bito. You know how he absolutely hates to be put on hold.” “Yeah but sometimes he needs to wait his turn.” “That is very true, but it could be important. I will talk to you later, keep me informed about the Array, ok?” “No problem, Admiral Backslash, out.” “Yes Admiral Bito, how can I help you?” “I have new orders for you. You will be attacking the K’Luth again so you better prepare for it. I will transmit the data as soon as the Target System is selected. Bito, out.” “Wow, talk about short and to the point. Didn’t even get a chance to get a word in edge wise.”

“Captain Yamazaka, we are nearing a small planet.” “Is that your Homeworld Captain?” Yes it is, or at least has been for over 16 years. It belonged to some scavenger pirates but we removed them from here when my ship and crew crash-landed here. We have been living in peace here for quite some time now, if you can consider living in a virtual neutral zone. We have also found three additional planets in this cluster suitable for humanoid life, as we know it. Follow closely behind my ship, drop shields and do not power any weapons. We are in the approach channel, and it gets sort of narrow here and some people tend to get a bit trigger happy at times.” Linna looked at her veiwscreen and saw a large, dense asteroid field that surrounded this planet. It was like looking at Earth all over again, except the landmasses where all in different places.

Captain Yamazaka was impressed by what she was seeing. Her sensors detected a planetary shield and but no defense platforms. “Captain Darksoul, what is this place?” “The planet you see before you is called Alpha and its moon is Omega. I know it may be a tad, biblical, but it is a fitting name. When we were forced to leave the Charger via the ships lifeboats we clung together till we could find somewhere to land. We found this planet and it was occupied. We merged with the population and found that these people were somewhat like ourselves.”

Linna was captivated by the story presented to her. The story of how so many castaways, expatriates, loners, ruffians, and disillusioned people where here. They had, over so many years, come to know this place as their new Homeworld. Linna was seeing the beginnings of a whole new independent entity in the galactic wholeness that was known space. The only problem was it was smack dab in the middle of the junction between the ICC, UGTO and K’Luth boundaries, or at least what were their boundaries prior to the current war. As her ship slowed to maneuver into the shipyards, Linna had to wonder how they hadn’t been found out till now.

Rocko was talking to Backslash as both were having lunch. “Well Backy, looks like I am drawing another mission into K’Luth space. Bito wants me to keep up the pressure because there are rumblings in the UGTO’s ruling CEO Council. Seems they are taking the bait but the Admiralty and the Senate believe the K’Luth need another poke in the eye to get them going. I just hope I am not the one getting his eye poked out.” “Rocko you worry too much, you have to let it flow, feel the moment, and then you will be at the top of the game. If you don’t relax you may end up over the edge and all that is going to do is take you down and hopefully not with your crew or ship.” “It is truly a fine edged sword between duty and commitment to myself but to the crews as well. I will remember what you have said and I will take it to heart. It will be a lesson learned.” “I am glad to hear that Rocko, I have to leave now, got to rebuild a fleet and get prepared for my next jaunt into space.” “As I do too. Godspeed Backslash.”

Linna was impressed with the level of technology that was here. Some was UGTO, some was ICC and some was commercial. There was even some K’Luth technology here but not very much of it. It was as if every piece of scrap parts was here though without being a junkyard. “How do you defend this place? I only saw a planetary shield in place.” “Our defenses are hidden, like we are by the ringed asteroid field. Our sensor network is hidden amongst all those rocks out there, along with all our defense platforms. We may appear to be weak but in reality we are armed to the teeth. The defense stations are unmanned and are services by automated maintenance bots.”

“They service them as needed from parts to ammo. We are in constant communication with them to tell if they need repair. If they do, it is taken care of immediately. We value our privacy, and our way of life though we do approach people from time to time to join our happy little community. We have more than enough space for people; we are just picky about who comes here. We will defend it to the last person. I see you are docked now, why don’t you come through and see the shipyard and then travel down with me to the planet. I think you will be quite impressed.” “Ok, I will.” All Captain Yamazaka could really think was, “Fascinating!”

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Rocko Willis *CAPT* on 2005-01-17 12:15 ]

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2005-01-17 11:44   
YAY!!! thx mate you've made my night..

btw ill send you some character info via PM in a few days

- Axi

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-01-17 16:47   
Why that rat bastard father ran from me! I'll kill him! Hehehe j/k

Thats cool as hell bro GJ!

Coleseus
Cadet

Posted: 2005-01-19 01:40   
God.. this stuff is so good. Keep feeding more of it to us Rocko! =)

Strategery
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-01-20 11:23   
Bravo!

[S.W] Grand Admiral Strategery
ICC Master Battle Strategist (ret.)
Proud Commander of the C.S.S. Ticonderoga

Email Strategery
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-01-20 11:27   
buahahaha, *twiddles his fingers*

I love it!

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2005-01-21 09:36   
Well???? where's the next chapter

i need my daily fiction shot

- Axi

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024584 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR