No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » The Forgotten Fleet (Now including Book II)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
 Author The Forgotten Fleet (Now including Book II)
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-02-11 08:13   
I do have to admit having Backslash as a Uggie does stir the creative writing juices. I had certain plans for his character but Backslash being an Uggie gave me a whole new writing path to take. I will say on thing, this will be an interesting twist.

Rocko

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Rocko Willis *CAPT* on 2005-02-19 13:54 ]

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-02-11 11:19   
Have him kamikaze into an AD? *runs*

Plac... *eyepoke*

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2005-02-15 12:49   
I smell a friendly fire "accident" comming up

Still i should get working on my personal history a bit

- Axi

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-02-15 12:50   
Don't TEASE me like that Axi! lol

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-02-19 14:10   
Ah... Good day or night, depending on what part of the world you are in. It is officially Midnight over here and I would like to announce Chapter 21 is finally done. This chapter has been a tough one to complete. It was put off while I was on two weeks of alert time while the Iraqi Elections were underway, then was destroyed when one of my over zealous troopers decided to play Joe Montana with a Flak Jacket and knock over the laptop containing said story then to my utter disbeleive and joy a backup disk was found (was lost before). I started to finish it when I found out Backslash jumped ship and went to the UGTO (guess he didn't think he was getting enough time in the story) which required a rewrite. Now after rewritting this chapter 7 times I think I have finnaly got it down the way I want it. I hope YOU, the reading audiance, will enjoy it.

Now without further ranting by me I bring you...

Chapter 21... "Crossroads"

Yeah.. I changed the name.... I had to... this way it fits better into the scheme of the storyline.

P.S. I got told I may be home in mid April! WOOHOO!!!!!

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
KanaDIEn ^_^
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-02-19 14:18   
can u make everyone die in chapter 22?

Email KanaDIEn ^_^
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-02-19 14:36   
*****Chapter Twenty-One*****

Rocko knew they had a tough task ahead. He had received his orders twenty-four hours ago and only had twelve more hours to get his fleet ready before they had to depart the moon base. Admiral Bito and his staff had seemingly worked for hours on this plan. Rocko was being directed to the crossroads of the former borders of the three warring factions. The Oblivion 1554 System would be his first target. This mission was also a first for his team. He was being tasked to accomplish an extended mission profile. This was not his normal hit and run, go in and clobber the enemy mission but he was to stay out and hit everything he could till he ran out of ammo or ships, whichever came first.

Rocko had been told that only certain fleets of both the UGTO and K’Luth where fighting each other. What they, the Senate, want was for the Forgotten Fleet to go in and cause total and utter chaos between the two factions. They wanted Rocko to push those two over the edge into complete distrust and plunge them into war like the ICC had been facing, and barely surviving, from both the UGTO and the K’Luth. Rocko looked out at the beehive of activity and knew all that could be done on his end was being done. Bito had promised long-range supply relief for his own supply ships if needed and the possibility of in-system reconnaissance data by a classified intelligence source in the area. Rocko was dubious about both but hope Bito would come through on his promise.

Seated behind his desk in the Fleet Plans, Intentions and Operations office was Grand Admiral Bito. He was currently talking to two of his most experienced combat officers NubMarine and Backslash. “Boys, I have given Rocko a rather large task. In twelve hours he is to commence extended combat operations against both the UGTO and K’Luth. He will continue till I give the recall order.” “Why is Rocko being hung out so far on a limb?” It was Backslash. He had always been known for speaking what was on his mind. “I have to agree with Backslash. I have known Rocko for many years and I know he will do whatever job he is told to do but this is really pushing his loyalty to the edge. Even I know what is considered an acceptable risk and what is considered plain old stupidly insane.” Nub was visually not a happy camper.

“I hear what you are saying but this has to be done! You two should understand that a ships captain has to do what he is told no matter what the consequences are for him or his crew. What I have instructed Rear Admiral Willis to do is for the greater good of the ICC Republic and is not open for discussion. I am under an extreme amount of pressure from the Senate to plunge the UGTO and K’Luth into a war that will hopefully have them at their collective throats. We need them to tear into each other to take the heat off us so we for once can take offensive action without fear of retribution. The Senate demands it, the Republic needs it, and our people hope for it.”

Nub and Backslash stood to attention and dismissed themselves and silently exited Bito’s office. “I am telling you Nub I don’t like what I am hearing. This mission is not what I thought Rocko’s fleet was to be used for.” “It wasn’t designed for this. I know because I sat on the planning committee when it was first envisioned. His fleet was devised to use hit and run tactics with a return to a centralized base or supply point to keep his fleet alive. He doesn’t have anything larger than a cruiser to field right now.” “Right now? You mean to tell me he has more ships to play with than what I have seen?” “Yes he does and though I shouldn’t tell you anything more than what you have already heard, I feel at this juncture you need to know more about what is going on. I want you to join me on my ship for dinner. I am afraid we will have to help Rocko in his mission. We just need to try to keep the Admiralty from finding out about our help till we can find out just what is really going on.”

“Sir we have loaded all available munitions and all the ships have been serviced as best we can, all things considered.” “Billings you never cease to amaze me in the things you can accomplish. I want you to ask the captain assemble their crews in the central maintenance bay. I have to put our mission out to everyone this time.” “Is it that important sir?” You could see the amazement and nervousness on billings face as he asked the question. “Yes Chief, this mission is that important. I want the whole bunch of us to know the gravity of the mission we are about to embark on.”

Several days had passed since Marcus had asked Linna and her crew to stay with him and though she could have ordered her crew to stay she decided it was a decision they had to make on their own. To her surprise they all decided to stay to a man and woman. Now she just had to tell Marcus. She found him sitting at his command station in the Command Center. She watched him as he diligently looked through tons of data coming in from both his sensor network and the scouts and frigates patrolling in areas nearby the planet. Linna walked up and let herself down in the seat next to him but did not say a word till he looked up and smiled at her with his simple way of saying hello to her.

“Marcus, I posed your question to my crew and you will be grateful to hear they decided to stay to a person.” “That’s fantastic Linna, we will be able to crew up two, maybe three new ships and they will be able to help train the other crews on any new tactics or maintenance practices that may have come along since we have been away from the fleet. But the answer you have given me is not a complete answer to my request.” Linna knew exactly what Marcus was talking about. He was waiting to see if she was going to stay as well. “Marcus I have thought long and hard about this, weighing the pros and cons. I have even lost a bit of sleep over it, but I want to tell you I have decided to stay here with you. I really don’t have anything to go back to in the ICC but I must still, in a small way, remain loyal to the ICC ideals. It is the way I was raised and it’s the way I shall stay.”

Marcus’s expression was akin to a child who had just been told he could pick any toy he wanted in a toy store, regardless of the price. “Linna I am so happy and excited you have chosen to stay with me, I mean us, here on Alpha.” The slip up in words had told Linna how much Marcus had really wanted her to stay. He was a good looking man for sure with a kindness that hid his ability to wage war on those who threatened the way of life he had created on this spinning ball of rock he called home. Linna knew Marcus liked her, heck she even liked him but what was his ultimate goal? What did he want in life?

“I am glad you are happy about us staying here but since I have answered your request maybe you can tell me what your question is.” “Yes, I do owe you that. I will promise this to you. I would like you to come to my home for dinner and there I shall ask my question. Is that acceptable?” Linna was intrigued by the fact Marcus want her to join him for dinner so he could ask her a question. Linna knew whatever question he had to ask must be extremely important. Just then Linna had a flash of the scene, which would transpire tonight, and her belief of what question he would ask but how was she to answer the question she expected him to ask? “Marcus I will have dinner with you to night, not only because I want to know what you plan to ask but because you are a true leader and a good friend.” “Excellent, I will have everything ready at 8pm.”

“Admiral, the fleet is ready for departure and we have onloaded all the stores we could possibly think of. Hell, even the Marines packed on some new toys for the trip incase they are needed.” Rocko was pleased with what he heard. He knew this mission was by far going to be their toughest. They were to truly wage war the way a fleet was meant to. Long protracted fights, far from home, that would bring the fight to the enemy. The only difference was he would be playing the part of the enemy for the enemy. He had played the part of agent provocateur before and he was to play the role again on last time. Hopefully this would be the push, which would totally commit the UGTO and K’Luth to their respective throats. “Yes it time for departure. Have all the ships move out and take position in standard fleet formation. Commence Worm Hole operations as soon as the fleet is ready.” “Aye Sir. Orders have been sent and acknowledged. We are moving out with the fleet.” Rocko felt the hum of the deck plates as the ship got underway and knew all was well or was it?

Nub and Backslash sat in the private wardroom on Nub’s ship. This wardroom was normally used only when visiting delegations from the Senate or Admiralty was aboard. Nub chose it because not only would nobody think anything was out of the ordinary but it was also one of three totally secure spaces about the massive Assault Dreadnaught. “What I am about to tell you must not go past these walls without my express approval. Do you understand that Backslash?” “Yes of course, you act like you are talking to some freshman Academy plebe who just raised his right hand to his Oath. Now get on with it already would you?” Nub looked at the man he had both known and trusted so many years and decided now was the time to let him in. “Most of what you know already is just the tip of the iceberg. Rocko was hand picked to lead a bunch of ragamuffins across all of know space and cause all kinds of hate and discontent.” “Well that much was successful. He sure has stirred the pot between the UGTO and K’Luth.” Backslash had a look on his face that said ‘Tell me something I don’t know’ and he made no point to hide it. “But there is more Backslash, much more to both this mission and Rocko.”

The home of Marcus Darksoul was both regal yet utilitarian at the same time. Magnificent paintings hung on the walls, depicting scenes from both Exathra and Earth yet none of it was overdone. His furnishings were elegant yet simple. Linna looked at all the mixed looks and knew Marcus was a man of many talents and tastes. It dawned on Linna in a flash of understanding as if it were a flashbulb going off in the night. She finally understood about the names Alpha and Omega, for it was the Old and the New, Regal yet Utilitarian, Earth and Exathra, the Beginning and End of Humanity. She watched as Marcus brought the dinner to the table he had so painstakingly set up in her honor. She wondered if he was going to ask the question he thought he would.

“Alright Nub, what is going on here. I think it is time to get rid of the smoke and mirrors and let me in on what is really going on. Come on, I am all ears.” “First as you know Rocko’s mission was to disrupt enemies, namely the UGTO and K’Luth. Well since his first mission against each faction was so successful the Admiralty decided to step up the game. They decided to deceive each faction into attacking the other. That too was very successful so now they are on their way to attack multiple targets over a large area. This was not in the plan but it seems the Senate and Admiralty wants them at their throats faster. The odd thing is I believe the Senate doesn’t understand why we chose Admiral Willis for the job.” The look on Backslash’s face was akin to a child looking into the window of a candy story.

As Linna ate he last bite of dinner she watched as Marcus poured her a glass of what appeared to be wine. He had made a wonderful dinner, had presented it well and now was finishing it off with a chilled glass of wine. Linna wondered what the question would be or for that matter when he would ask it but no sooner had she thought it Marcus looked at her and asked his question. “Linna I am both glad and relieved you decided to remain here on Alpha but it is not nearly as important as the question I wish to ask you.” “Well I know it must be really important since you did all this. I think I know what you are going to ask but I need to hear it from you, in your own words.” “Yes, I do need to say it myself. I will admit you are much smarter and intuitive than I believed you were.” Marcus took a deep breath, squared his shoulders and face with hers and asked the question. “Linna Yamazaka, will you marry me?” Linna had been correct. It was the question she knew he was going to ask, and there was only one answer for this question in her heart of hearts. Linna just hoped it was the right one.

“Admiral, we are ready to deploy the fleet and make our first Worm Hole.” “Very Well, open a channel to all ships.” “Channel open sir.” “Officers and crews of the Forgotten Fleet. Today we embark on a journey of epic proportions. Today we commence unrestricted warfare on the UGTO and K’Luth. We are to continue with our current tactics but we will continue to attack till we cannot attack any more. We will not stop till we run out of ammo, we are all dead or the Admiralty calls us home. Now I know as well as everyone in the fleet knows there is a very real possibility some of us will not come home this time. If we dwell on this it is a certainty we shall fail, but if we stand by the sides of our fellow crewmates and officers we can survive and bring as many as possible back home alive. I have the utmost confidence in this fleet to accomplish its job. Stand to your stations, do your job as if your life depended on it for it very well might. Never have so few commanded the respect and admiration of so many. The Republic depends on us and we shall not let them down. That is all.” And the channel closed. Rocko just hoped they took what he said to heart.

In the inner chambers of the ruling executive board in the UGTO there was a matter of great importance being discussed. “It is time we found out what is really going on in the ICC. As we fight more and more with the K’Luth we fight less and less with the ICC. I know they are stretched thin but something is seriously amiss. I believe it is time to activate Operation: Night Stalker.” “You want to awaken the Sleeper? Is that a wise choice? Once he is activated he will not be able to stay within the ICC.” “Yes I agree. We need to awaken the Sleeper. It is the only way to guarantee our missions are successful in the ICC.” The last man, who was the Senior Executive of the board, mulled over the statements and testimonies and agreed. “Yes, it is time to awaken the Sleeper. It is time to awaken Cain so he might smite down his brother.”

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-02-19 14:42   
Oh... there will be death in Chapter 22... but who will die is the secret I am keeping to myself.... >P

Rocko

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-02-19 14:43   
woot!

Nubs and Me got free food !

Keep up the good work man

p.s. hate to poke a little niggle, but I'v been UGTO for AGES, but you can put me as ICC if you want, I dont mind .

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-02-19 14:51   
Oh you're a son of a goat! That is friggin un-believeably incredible

Fantastic job bro!

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-02-19 14:52   
Well for some reason I thought you were ICC when I started this little adventure. Oh Well. You being UGTo makes for a VERY interesting twist. Stay tuned...

Rocko

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-02-19 15:03   
Quote:

Oh you're a son of a goat! That is friggin un-believeably incredible

Fantastic job bro!

Well I am not sure if I am a "son of a goat" but You should know I absolutly LOVE a cliffhanger! I try to make different paragraphs, or groups of them, as scenes... kinda helps the reader see the story like a minature movie. I am glad you like.

Rocko

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Steamrunner
Cadet

Posted: 2005-02-19 15:19   
You are doing a great job of keeping multiple plotlines going without distracting the reader away from the! A little ropmance under pressure fire by idealism is always good-thank you Rocko. =o]

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-02-19 15:48   
Thanks Steam... I try not to clutter up each chapter too much. If it is a rather detailed chapter, i.e. a battle or some other key moment, I do try to keep the scene changes to a minimium. I take ideas from books, tv and movies I have read/seen over the years. Most of this is from my own creative mind but I have "borrowed" some ideas from time to time when I have gotten a blank when trying to set up a scene. Yes, as we know a good love story in time of utter chaos is a classic.

My only wonder is how Ceous is going to take it if Linna just happens to say 'Yes" to Marcus....

Linna Yamazaka will become his Step-Mom...

And to think... She (Linna) has been one of the original characters in this story and I haven't heard one peep out of her about this story be it Good, Bad or Indifferent... I wonder if she even knows about it...

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-02-19 16:04   
As long as I dont die im good

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
Page created in 0.028903 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR