Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » The Forgotten Fleet (Now including Book II)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
 Author The Forgotten Fleet (Now including Book II)
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-08-11 21:16   
Well I am working away at bringing you Forgotten Fleet, Book II "A New Beginning" Just to let you know this will be continued in this thread instead of a new thread so you can read all of the story.

I am still taking any backgrounds for perspective characters in this book. You can email me any bio's you would like me to use to bardoz@wk.net

And for those who have not read this story so far... here is a BUMP...

Rocko

[ This Message was edited by: Rocko Willis[R33] on 2006-02-07 19:17 ]

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-08-11 22:05   
*cough*

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-08-11 22:28   
Yeah I know you place in this story... LoL

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-08-11 22:47   
I'm an attention whore, so what?

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2006-02-05 16:47   
***Bump*** I know, I know... It's a cheap bump but this is for all those that have not read the story....

And now that I have gotten back into the game I am writing the next book in the trilogy because my mother made me... honest!

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-02-05 17:19   
Quote:

On 2006-02-05 16:47, Rocko Willis[R33] wrote:
my mother made me... honest!

*shakes his head*

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-02-12 19:49   
Backys just jealous - his mommy only makes him do things like the trash & the dishes...

Might just get me going on the prequal stories I've always planned

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2006-05-29 21:35   
OK folks.. it is time... time to get off my lazy BUTT and continue writing... As I have said inthe past this is a Trilogy... I have been playing ingame and have gotten several new ideas to play with... along with some new characters to fleshout some of the story lines...

For those of you who are new to this particular FAn Fiction.. The Forgotten Fleet was written in the Era previous to the current ships of the line we see today in the MV.. If you are wondering why things seem a bit odd well thats why.. ships were different back then... I hope that you all will read this and look forward to the next part. It has been a pleasure writing for you all.

Rocko

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2006-05-30 07:09   
Quote:

On 2006-05-29 21:35, Rocko Willis wrote:
OK folks.. it is time... time to get off my lazy BUTT and continue writing... As I have said inthe past this is a Trilogy... I have been playing ingame and have gotten several new ideas to play with... along with some new characters to fleshout some of the story lines...

For those of you who are new to this particular FAn Fiction.. The Forgotten Fleet was written in the Era previous to the current ships of the line we see today in the MV.. If you are wondering why things seem a bit odd well thats why.. ships were different back then... I hope that you all will read this and look forward to the next part. It has been a pleasure writing for you all.

Rocko

well arent you a lazy bum

get posting already so i can marvel at the suspence you manage to keep making

- Axi

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-05-30 08:13   
now that im back in DS rocko i should have a part in this story lol

Email GothThug {C?}
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2006-05-30 10:14   
As what i wonder?

i remember a time when you SD'ed a station when an enemy popped up could make an good addition to the drama part of the story

- Axi

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-05-30 17:45   
I'm gettin a chance to work on Week of Hell too, so you've got two DS 480 era stories going on

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2007-01-11 20:13   
Ok... I know it has taken a long time to get this second part started and now I can honestly say that I had a very bad case of writers block. I knew where I wanted to take this story just didn't know how to get there. I hope that those who have followed the original Forgotten Fleet will not be disappoited. And for those that have never read the original Forgotten Fleet. I will send the whole MS Word file to Coeus to host and give me a linky so you can D/L and print it out if you want to.

Now without further ado I bring your Book II....

The Forgotten Fleet: A New Beginning, Chapter One .... or "Fresh Blood"

Enjoy...

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2007-01-11 20:16   
The Forgotten Fleet: A New Beginning

***Chapter One***

It had been almost two weeks since the large battle with the K’Luth outside the Asteroid Defense Field. Rocko knew this peace could not last. Sooner, rather than later, the K’Luth were going to come looking for their lost ship. Rocko walked along the corridors of the Planetary Defense Headquarters looking for Marcus Darksoul, his long lost friend and father to his XO Coeus Darksoul. As he turned a corner to walk into the Combat Information Center he spied Coeus talking to one of his pilots Linna Yamazaka. She was his Maintenance Officer or might still be. It was still up in the air, after the discovery of Marcus, whether she would return with the secret fleet called Forgotten Fleet or stay with her new husband Marcus Darksoul. Coeus seemed to be taking it rather well that Linna was now his new mother. Rocko glanced longingly at the situation. His wife had left him many yeas ago when he had decided to come out of retirement to serve the ICC one more time. He had never had children with her. She had decided it wasn’t fair to children to have their father gone all the time.

Rocko entered the CIC and saw Marcus talking to technicians, going over readouts and supply forms. “Ok folks lets make sure we finish repairing those ships out there. We have lots of work to do and little time to do it.” “Marcus...” Rocko said while stepping close, “how are we doing on repairing the ships?” “Well Admiral...” “The names Rocko! Hell, you still outrank me if you were still on the active fleet roster and not presumed dead.” “Ok, Rocko it is... Anyways, most of the ships armor has been replaced. Most of the ammo also has been replaced, not including all those new weapons you have been packing around. Now I have to say there has been some shock damage to the ships with the Wormhole Generators. They are out of service till you get back to wherever you are going to.” Rocko thought long and hard about that. They were ¾ of the way across the know galaxy with only about ¾ of his ship warp capable. He didn’t want to leave behind the Jump Cruisers. They would never make it home without their Wormhole Generators.

“What about Linna’s cruiser? Hers is still operational, isn’t it?” Rocko looked at Marcus with a bit of apprehension. “It is operational, yes. I think you will find it ready for service. Do you know who will take it back?” “That is up to Linna. Though technically the ship belongs to me, she is its Commanding Officer.” Marcus didn’t like where this was going. Was Rocko saying that his newly married wife might go back with this rag-tag fleet of his? Might he loose the very person that has brought happiness back into his life? “What do you plan to suggest to her?” “I will let Linna decide. It is her life to decide.” As if on queue Linna walked in with Coeus in tow. “So what are you flyboys all talking about?” Marcus walked up with a smile on his face but Linna knew something was up. “What’s wrong Marcus? You look like you have just seen a ghost?” “Well Linna, it has come to my attention your ship, the Concordia, is needed for the rest of the fleet to get home.” Linna knew where this was going and she didn’t like being in the situation.

“So you are telling me I have to choose between staying here with Marcus and letting the fleet leave with my ship or leaving Marcus and the Alphians and commanding the only functional Jump Cruiser to take you guys home?” Linna was almost in a fit of anger when Rocko jumped in. “No Linna, if you want to stay here then so be it. You would just have to name a replacement for you to command the ship. It can be from any of the crews on the planet or from within the fleet itself. Either way the Concordia needs to be with us if we can leave this place and go home.” “Well I think I can give you an answer right now. I am staying here with Marcus. This is my home now and this is where I will stay. Admiral I will find you a replacement for the Concordia as soon as possible.” Well, Rocko thought, it was not the answer he was hoping for but knew Linna would pick a good replacement.

Marcus was looking at Linna pour over personnel files from both the Fleet and the Alphians. There were many fine candidates to choose from. Linna looked like she was about to pull out her hair when she noticed Marcus standing nearby. “What are you looking at?” I see a woman torn between serving her military and staying at home with her new husband.” “Well you hit that right on the head of the nail. I am staying here with you Marcus but yet I still feel I am deserting the Admiral by not returning with the Fleet.” “Rocko said it was your choice to go or stay and that either way he was happy with your decision.” “That may well be true but it still bothers me a bit. Anyways I have looked over all these files and think I am ready to pick a replacement for me on the Concordia.” “Oh? And who may that be?” “I was thinking of someone from the local populace.” “Who is it already?” Marcus didn’t like to be kept waiting on things. “Well since I was a female Commanding Officer I think the Concordia should have another.” “Ok... but who is going to replace you?” “None other than Padma Vajra.” Marcus thought about that choice and knew Admiral Willis was going to have his hands full with her at the helm of a ship.

Captain Padma Vajra was a former UGTO Cruiser Captain who jumped ship and found the Alphians little haven. She had explained how she had grown tired of the Corporate Armies of the UGTO. There was no telling her that the UGTO Fleets were independent entities. She knew, in her heart, the Corporations were bankrolling the fleets. No fleet could expend the large amounts of ordinance against whatever came their way with the paltry income from planets they controlled. They were bankrolled and that’s was final. She had received word she had been selected for an important mission that required her talents as a cruiser captain. She had seen the Alphians cruisers. They were quick and agile but lacked sophisticated weapons and systems. Now she was on her way to meet with Marcus, his new wife Linna and some old fart named Admiral Willis. Admirals she thought, they were all the same, fat and balding.

Captain Vajra walked smartly into the CIC to find, Marcus and Linna talking between each other along with a whole complement of other ships Captains. Right in the middle of the other Captains was a man that didn’t look like an Admiral but was wearing the insignia of an ICC Rear Admiral. He was tall, mildly built and had a full head of hair, albeit with a light sprinkling of grey around the edges. This couldn’t be the Admiral they told her about. As she approached the Admiral stood out and raised his hand to shake hers. “Captain Vajra, it is a pleasure to have you aboard. My name is Admiral Rocko Willis and these are my Command Staff Officers from my Fleet. They are Captain Coeus Darksoul, Executive Officer and CO of the Assault Cruiser ICCS Charger. Captain Axianda, my Operations Officer and CO of the Jump Cruiser ICCS Chariot. Captain Drefell Moraxi, my Ordnance Officer and CO of the Jump Cruiser ICCS Fairfax. And last but not least, Captain Jack Swift my Tactics Officer and CO of the Jump Cruiser ICCS Zephyr.” Padma shook each had fully and confidently. She had heard these people had been through a lot, but even though that may be they hadn’t proven themselves to her.

“Captain, please sit and join us at the conference table while we explain things up to this point.” Padma sat and listen to the story of how the Forgotten Fleet, a band of rag-tag ships, long ago written off by some bean counter had been melded into a combat force to deal with the K’Luth and whatever else had been deemed necessary. It seemed too impossible to believe but yet the Admiral had served under Marcus so many years ago. If Marcus believed the story so did she. “Captain Yamazaka has decided to stay here with Marcus and the Alphians to help them prepare for the K’Luth that will surely be coming to see why they are missing a Dreadnaught in this area. She has recommended you as her replacement. If you would like it you will be taking command of the ICCS Concordia. You would also be our new Maintenance Officer. I know you do not have much experience commanding an ICC ship but we need your skills on the Maintenance side of the house.”

Padma thought about the challenge. It had been awhile since she had been in deep space taking it to the enemy but now who would be the enemy? She would be fighting for the enemy she had known so long. Maybe she could use this as an opportunity to get revenge on those in the UGTO she deemed unworthy. “Admiral, I will accept your position and command of the Concordia. One thing though I must have.” Rocko had been told by Marcus she was the type to make sure things went her way. “And that is Captain?” “I get full control over who is on my ship, what gets fixed when and what weapons ships have.”

“Well Captain Varja, I will agree to the first two ideas but I alone control what weapon goes where. That is my ultimate responsibility. When you read the required documents you will understand why that is.” “Well I guess two out of three isn’t bad. I am ready for the task Admiral.” Very well Captain, here is your current crew manifest and a few brief Tactical Action Reports. The rest can be found on your Command Terminal in your stateroom. Fleet Mission Briefing is in one hour in the CIC briefing room here on the planet... don’t be late.” And with that the Admiral turned and left the CIC completely. Oh this Admiral was going to be a rough one to work with Padma thought as she watched him walk away.

[ This Message was edited by: Rocko Willis *CO* on 2007-01-11 20:36 ]

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2007-01-11 20:23   
Damnit now I gotta re-read it all Well done as always bro

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
Page created in 0.032330 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR