No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » The Forgotten Fleet (Now including Book II)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
 Author The Forgotten Fleet (Now including Book II)
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-02-27 13:41   
There is no greater teaser than seeing you as the last replied on this thread

Take yer time bro, we got faith!

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-03-21 10:01   
I am glad to report I am still alive and kicking. I have been away from my laptop for awhile while at other bases in the area. I came back to a a totally fubar'ed server. It seems the sand around here, which happens to be the consistency of talcum powder got into the server and caused not only the primary server HD but the backup as well. Needless to say I was not a happy camper. I am currently reworking chapter 22 since when I looked at it right after I got back and noticed several glaring GOOFS on my part. I felt I could not post the chapter in its current condition. It just wouldn't be right to do so.

Anyways I am diligently writing this chapter even though one of my bozo troopers "accidently" tossed the notes I had on this chapter and I am having to do this from memory. I just want this one to be a really good one. There are going to be some really good battles and some close calls. You are going to see lots of names being pulled up and a whatnot. I hope all is going to work out right.

Keeping the midnight oil burning for my fans,

Rocko

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-03-21 14:53   
Hahaha, sall good amigo These long interludes between updates on you are just as much cliffhangers as you put in the story

Take all the time ya want bro - we'll wait... hehe.

*considers prodding TBone into doing a joint venture to finish both twilight & jupiter fleet...*

Hope alls going well over there, keep us informed - thats an order (err... can civvies order MPs around?)

~S~ Ciao

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2005-03-22 03:59   
Oye this is getting no my nerves.... still no chapter and still no Axi in his IT AD .... this is not how to make a mod happy

Glad your still safe mate but you better hurry up with the story's ya hear

- Axi

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-03-24 08:57   
Well I know you all like a good cliffhanger.... Yes I am alive and well and I will hopefully be told withing the next few days what day I shall actually be home. YaY...

Till I can finally finish Chapter 22 I leav you with a few tidbits from the portion which is actually done...

- While Rocko waited for all the CO’s of his fleet to log into the secure link he pondered what could possibly go wrong in the coming situation. So many things could go wrong but just couldn’t be realized till they actually happened and this thought really didn’t sit well at all. -

- “I think we should have our entry point hedged between Oblivion’s Major and Minor. It would allow us to maneuver in case of activity but would also keep us away from having a major gas giant show up in our face when we exit the wormhole just in case our distance was off.” “Good point Axianda, I don’t like the idea of crashing into gas giants. -

- "Based on what I have read I would believe the bulk of the enemy’s forces are not currently in the area. This is both good and bad for us. Good for us is there is a very real possibility we could see minimal enemy contact. Bad for us because we do not currently know where the bulk of the enemy fleets are. In my honest opinion this mission is gamble at best. All I can say is hope for the best but expect the worst.” -

- On Alpha two people were look at each other wondering what would become of their lives together. “Marcus, before I give you my answer to your question I want to know why you asked this of me so quickly.” -

- The fleet was as ready as they could possibly be. The crews had gone over every valve and circuit, every display and weapon, opened panels and peaked into the very bowls of their ships. They had to since their very lives were depending on the bundles of wires and pipes, which were the lifeblood of any ship. -

- Moments after the command had been given they were out of range of the two battling Dreadnaughts and arriving on the other side of the Wormhole. What Rocko saw before him on the viewscreen absolutely made the blood in his veins freeze. -

- “Very Well, maintain maximum ECM and get the fleet commanders on-line in my stateroom now.” Rocko was not a happy camper. -

Enjoy,

Rocko

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-03-24 09:37   
Tease

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-04-03 17:09   
Well folks I am glad to say the next installment of "The Forgotten Fleet" is ready for release to the general public. I would like to explain a few things about this Chapter. It took increasingly more time to not only set up the scenes but to also bring several storylines together. I also closed a couple of storylines to help me "Clean Up/Streamline" the story as a whole.

In the note taking and subsequint writing, I found the Chapter getting bigger and bigger. I realized the Chapter was too big for general publication. I attempted to "trim the fat" to bring the size back down to a more managable level but found I was sacrificing too much of the feel of the moment along with some needed scenes which bring new characters into the Story. You will see people you know and could even cheer for even if they are the "Bad Guy".

I looked at my labor of love and thought about how I could pull this off. It then dawned on me in the wee morning hours (well it was early AM where I was at) and descided this Chapter will be published in two parts (Chapters 22 & 23).

This way I can finish the Chapter as a whole and give you, the reading public, a chance to get your fix in.

Now without further ranting on my part...

Chapter 22 or "The Longest Day... Part 1"

~Enjoy

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-04-03 17:39   
*****Chapter Twenty-Two*****

Rocko sat in his stateroom and pondered the task which had been given him. Being tasked with sustained combat operations without the guarantee of a viable supply system was a tough job. He had been told he might receive long-range supply relief for his fleet along with some unknown Intelligence source. Who knows what or who it might be. But Admiral Bito had said it would be there so Rocko would give him the benefit of the doubt till he was proven wrong. A soft chime came from his desk. “Yes?” “Admiral we are almost in position for our last Wormhole into Oblivion 1554.” “Very good. Open a Comm-Link to all the Ships Captains and have them standby for a conference call from me.” “Aye Sir, initiating the Comm-Link now.” While Rocko waited for all the CO’s of his fleet to log into the secure link he pondered what could possibly go wrong in the coming situation. So many things could go wrong but just couldn’t be realized till they actually happened and this thought really didn’t sit well at all.

“Ok folks I am bringing you together to hopefully come up with some idea’s as to how to approach this attack into Oblivion. I need options people.” Rocko could see the wheels turning in their collective minds. The first idea came from Captain Swift. “Well, we could treat the approach to 1554 the same way we did in Wolf 359. We can act like Oblivion Major is Wolf 1 and make our approach into the main planetary grouping. It would also give us some stand-off room in case the area is active.” “That’s a good idea Jack. Any other ideas?” Axianda was next to chime in. “I think we should have our entry point hedged between Oblivion’s Major and Minor. It would allow us to maneuver in case of activity but would also keep us away from having a major gas giant show up in our face when we exit the wormhole just in case our distance was off.” “Good point Axianda, I don’t like the idea of crashing into gas giants. If there is no other idea’s we shall move into the Intelligence Summaries for this System.”

Captain Ceridan was the Intelligence Officer and a damn fine one too, though like most Intel Officers he had the hardest job of the bunch. He was tasked with finding out what the enemy was doing as well as figuring out what the bad guys were thinking. “Sir, current Intelligence estimates are a little thin at this moment. From what I was able to gather from Republic Intelligence before we left we have the system in K’Luth control but there hasn’t been any sound in the area from either the K’Luth or the UGTO. Based on what I have read I would believe the bulk of the enemy’s forces are not currently in the area. This is both good and bad for us. Good for us because there is a very real possibility we could see minimal enemy contact. Bad for us because we do not currently know where the bulk of the enemy fleets are. In my honest opinion this mission is gamble at best. All I can say is hope for the best but expect the worst.”

“Well you are full of good news Ceridan. I understand though you have a tough job and you do it very well, all things considered. We will go ahead with the plan as we have said. Let us plan for the worst. We will jump into the system as Mr. Swift proposed. I think this will give us the best option for maneuvering if the system is overly hostile. We shall hold up short of the last jump point, make our final preparations them commence Wormhole operations. We will just have to play it by ear once we get there. Talk with your crews, get them ready and by all means get them fed and rested. I think we are not going to get much any time soon.” With that statement the meeting was over save for a few minor logistical and maintenance problems. The only question was should they use the new Anti-Matter PCM’s considering the front end of a ship was blown off by one.

On Alpha two people were look at each other wondering what would become of their lives together. “Marcus, before I give you my answer to your question I want to know why you asked this of me so quickly.” Marcus could feel his stomach knot up when she asked this question. He knew Linna was the one for him but had he pushed it too fast? He had been without a woman for many years since his wife died when Coeus was but a young child. He had loved and been loved but wanted to feel this love once again. “There was a time when I felt absolute love, the unconditional love that a woman gives a man. Almost twenty years ago Coeus’s mother died. Coeus was just six and I was forced to raise him myself. Then I was lost in battle but by this time I didn’t see myself making it back home. I have not felt love for sixteen years and when you happened to show up on my doorstep I was happy.”

“I have not felt this feeling inside me since I first met Coeus’s mother. I loved her dearly but when we talked and visited with each other I felt the same thing. I knew it was right but knew I took a risk when I decided to ask you to marry me. I have loved and lost once and I didn’t want it to happen again. I didn’t want to loose you before I got the chance to ask, even if you said no.” Linna pondered what Marcus said and what she was feeling. She had also felt the feelings of love for this man when she first met him. Was it true there could be love at first sight? “I believe you loved your wife Marcus and I honestly believe your feel the same way about me. I also feel the same way about you and I do want to marry you, but as soon as we can we are going to let Coeus know you are alive. You owe it to him to let him know you are alive.” “Yes, we will do it as soon as we can but first we have a wedding to plan.” With all things said and done, the feelings were finally sealed with a kiss.

The fleet was as ready as they could possibly be. The crews had gone over every valve and circuit, every display and weapon, opened panels and peaked into the very bowls of their ships. They had to since their very lives were depending on the bundles of wires and pipes, which were the lifeblood of any ship. “Mr. Abuto, hail the other ships of the fleet. Have them prepare for combat. Officer of the Deck, sound General Quarters! All ships will stand to their stations as soon as the Wormhole Event Horizon is successfully created.” Once more the men of the fleet raced to their stations, loaded weapons, activated consoles which where used for battle and donned fire-fighting equipment as the word was given and ships reported manned and ready to the Admiral. This was a true test of the fleet’s meddle and Rocko knew he had to succeed.

“Commence Wormhole Operations and prepare for departure.” “Aye Sir, we have the report of a successful Wormhole creation.” “Good, have the fleet move out and be ready for anything, Pass my blessings and good luck to the other ships. Tell them we shall see them on the other side.” Slowly the fleet moved towards the Event Horizon and winked out of existence to reappear on the other side when, as Rocko’s ship approached the Event Horizon, a K’Luth Mandible class Dreadnaught came through the Wormhole. It was badly damaged and on fire. Rocko could only stare. “SIR! We have another ship coming out of the Wormhole, it is a UGTO Carrier Dreadnaught!” “Helm! Get us through the Wormhole now! I want to be through there now, as in yesterday!” The helm officer was on it before Rocko even got half of what he said out of his mouth. He didn’t want to be between a Mandible and a Carrier Dreadnaught any more than anyone else. Moments after the command had been given they were out of range of the two battling Dreadnaughts and arriving on the other side of the Wormhole in one piece. What Rocko saw before him on the viewscreen absolutely made the blood in his veins freeze.

What he saw before him was nothing he had not seen before but the sheer immenseness of it was foreboding. Rocko was looking at what he believed was the largest multi-fleet battle ever. It looked like the plan the ICC had dreamed up was finally working. “All fleet units, this is Admiral Willis. Form on me and engage ECM. Helm, plot course to avoid any of the major fleet units.” Rocko knew if he was discovered his fleet would be the metal between the hammer and the anvil. This many enemy ships would turn his puny little fleet into so much junk in less than five minutes. It was time to pick and choose his battles. “Sir, the fleet is moving into the shadow of Oblivion Major.” “Very Well, maintain maximum ECM and get the ship commanders on-line in my stateroom now.” Rocko was not a happy camper.

“Ok folks what in the name of Apollo just happened? I want answers people; I am looking at several hungry fleets hunting each other while trying like hell to kill each other.” Rocko knew his fleet was safe, if only temporarily, in the shadow of Oblivion Major. Captain Jack Swift, as Tactical Officer, was the one to speak first. “As you can see we have wormholed right into the middle of a fight between the UGTO and the K’Luth. We are currently trying to gather data to determine the compositions of the enemy fleets.” “Good, that’s the information I need. I need to know what we, or even whom, we are up against. First things first though, have we been detected?” Axianda was next, “Not sure sir, ECM is up and nobody has come to take a look at us.” “Very Well, lets keep the ECM up. Make sure the Endeavor has her Interdictor Field up and running. I don’t want any surprises. Lets get some answers people. We meet back in one hour.”

Onboard the UGTO Support Station Martial Law, “Sir, we have detected what appears to have been a Wormhole.” Grand Admiral Nim looked at his Senior Sensor operator oddly, “Appears to have been? What are you talking about?” “It showed up on the sensors then disappeared just as quickly.” “Disappeared? How does a Wormhole just disappear? I thought Wormholes had a set time they were open. The Carrier Dreadnaught Manchester was near the ‘disturbance’. Have them check it out if they are done chasing that Mandible around.” “Sir, neither the Manchester nor the K’Luth Mandible are anywhere within sensor range.” “What? How could that be? Tactical prepare a section of ships to investigate the area of the disturbance.” “Aye Sir, right away.”

Aboard the K’Luth Hive Carrion, the K’Luth Central Fleet Commander, Fleet Admiral Azreal, is awakened from his rest in his antechamber. “What is it?” “I am sorry for awakening you My Lord, but you asked for me to inform you of any major UGTO movements.” “Yes I did. What is going on?” “We have several UGTO ships heading towards an area near Oblivion Major. The group consists of one Dreadnaught, three Cruisers, two Destroyers, and a Large Supply Ship.” “Why are they moving to that area?” “We had a report of a possible wormhole in the area but since we did not detect any ships in the area at the same time, we discarded it as a sensor anomaly.” “Fools! Our sensors are degraded during cloaking operations. A whole fleet could have come through and you wouldn’t have seen it. Sensor Anomaly, HA! Send Admiral Carr and a detachment of ships to take a good look at what the Humans are up to.” “Yes My Lord, it shall be as you command.”

Rocko sat looking into his computer console atop his desk, “So gentlemen, we have gotten ourselves into the middle of the briar patch. Now how do we get out without being stuck?” Axianda had the information needed to make a plan with. “We are currently in the Main Path of Advance directly connecting the UGTO and K’Luth Fleets. Based on Signal Intelligence the UGTO have thirty-two ships of various classes along with three Support Stations in system. We have detected eighteen K’Luth ships along with two Hives. I suspect there are many more ships which are cloaked and hidden somewhere.” “I agree completely. Ok folks, what are the options? A) We turn around and slink out till it’s safe to wormhole out to some other system. B) We stay and see if we can gain some valuable intelligence on how the enemy does battle or C) We stay and do what we came to do in the first place. Think about it and we shall meet in one hour, Willis out.”

Aboard the UGTO Strike Group, enroute to investigate the possible wormhole activity, “Admiral Erpin we are not picking up any signs of the Manchester. We are picking up residual spatial fluctuations identical to those found in wormholes.” “Very Well, continue the search. I smell a rat and that rat is possibly ICC.” “The ICC Admiral?” “Yes, this would be a perfect opportunity to sneak a scout or frigate out here to see how we fight the K’Luth. I bet it’s a Sensor Frigate snooping on us. If it is smart it is nowhere near its entry point. Continue the search as planned and inform me if you happen to contact the Manchester. Fleet Command will want to know what or where she is.” “Aye Sir.”

Admiral Carr, there is a Human Strike Group heading towards the coordinates given to us by the Fleet Command. What shall we do?” “Bring the fleet to full readiness. We shall Combat Jump to the far side of Oblivion Major where the humans cannot detect us. We shall stay in the shadows and, if possible, pounce on the unsuspecting Human prey with unparalleled swiftness and without mercy. They will learn not to trifle with the K’Luth Hegemony." “Yes My Lord, It shall be as you command.” Slowly the K’Luth ships lined up and made the jump, which would take them to their destiny.

“Admiral Willis to the bridge!” “Now what Rocko thought, “On my way…” “Sir, it seems the Uggies have decided for us. They have come looking for us.” “Tactical, how long till they can see us visually?” “Thirteen minutes Sir.” “Time till they are in maximum range of the PCM-12’s?” “Ten minutes Sir.” “That’s awfully close. Have all ships load the new PCM-12’s and standby to make a maximum range attack. Fire up the Aegis System and lets see what it thinks we should do.” “Aye Sir, Aegis coming on-line.” Once again the system came to life and showed the line of advance of the UGTO ships. There were Battle Cruisers and Gunboat Destroyers in a line, like days of old. Like Bushmen beating the ground to flush out the lions. The big question was where is the hunter with his gun? “Admiral, the Aegis System is up and running and had acquired all available targets. It recommends the Cruiser and Destroyer on the end nearest us.” “Very Well, standby to engage. We shall see what happens.”

“My Lord, we have made the Tactical Jump to the far side of Oblivion Major. I do not detect any changes in the Humans approach. The Fleet reports all cloaking systems operating within normal parameters.” “Very Well, direct the fleet to prepare to orbit the gas giant. We shall come up behind the Humans and lay in wait on the dark side till the opportunity presents itself to attack. We will crush the pathetic Humans before they can escape or call for help.” “As you command, My Lord.”

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-04-03 23:23   
I just realized that I haven't actually been in it really... rawr!

Another excellent job amigo, as expected Bravo!

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-04-04 07:27   
Well you will get your just rewards for being so patient with me. You will come into prominance in Part II.

I think you will be happy with what I have in store for you.

Rocko

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2005-04-04 07:38   
Damn took you a hell of a long time but its GOOOOOOOOOOOD

keep it up

- Axi

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-04-05 00:19   
Heh, long as the story gets finished... mine & TBone's kinda just floundered ^.^

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-04-05 00:24   

/me like!

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-04-06 20:38   
I am glad you like it Backslash. You are going to get your time in the story as well. I am leading up to your "adventure" soon.

And now, since the GTN is back, I have a new fleet to play with. Maybe they will be the "saviour" of the UGTO.

Anyways, I am going to do all I can not to allow this story to flounder.

Rocko

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-04-07 07:32   
Well I have finnished Part 2 of "The Longest Day" and all is good. I had a whole day off on ship but really didn't feel like going ashore so I hammered this out (yeah I type really slow sometimes).

I will write one more part to finish this up and will move on with the general "Forgotten Fleet" story line.

To all, here it is... Chapter 23, "The Longest Day, Part II"

Enjoy

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020979 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR