No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » The Forgotten Fleet (Now including Book II)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
 Author The Forgotten Fleet (Now including Book II)
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-01-21 10:31   
Calm down Axi, things like this need time

*punches axi out cold*

GIMME!!!!!

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-01-21 12:34   
Yeah, I hear hes working out ways to kill you, backy

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2005-01-22 05:24   
Oye who let this topic drop off the list.....

oh btw *BUMB*

- Axi

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-01-22 05:49   
I am glad you guys like my writing so much. I am sorry for this delay on Chapter 20 but I have found I needed to insert a new Chapter 20 as a set up to the old Chapter 20 that has now become Chapter 21. I should have this next Chapter done by tomorrow. The names of the next two chapters are as follows.

Chapter 20 - "We Are The Alpha And Omega"

Chapter 21 - "Sins Of The Father"

Here are some teasers from Chapter 20. "We Are The Alpha And Omega"

~Linna was fascinated at the entire infrastructure that had been built up on the planet in such a short time. They had a government, trade, a military, schools, and everything else that comes with a planetary economy and population. “You built all this in sixteen years? How did you do it all?”

~“While this planet may not be invisible to the naked eye it is invisible to the sensors on ships. You see the ring of asteroid debris is ionized pretty heavily so it acts like a natural jammer, what you do not see does not exist.

~“Operations Center to Captain Darksoul.” “Go ahead.” “Sir we have intermittent contacts closing the perimeter, electronic signatures read as probable cloaked K’Luth vessels.” “Very Well, place the defenses at Alert Condition 3.” “Aye Sir, moving from Condition 5 to Condition 3.”

~“Very Well, standby to energize the Defense Platforms. Raise the Planetary Defense Shield and bring the auxiliary power plants on-line. Lets hustle people, if they break the Middle Defense Perimeter I want to be able to get all the systems lit up and running.”

~The group of three ships included the KHS Mantis, a Clavate Class ship, the KHS H’jikar and the KHS Migorta, both Claw class ships. They slowed to half impulse when they picked up the second trail from an unknown frigate class ship.

Chapter 21 shall see a hero arise that will save the day, revenge will served on a cold dish while there will be a new twist to the current storyline. Mwhawahaaha

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Coleseus
Cadet

Posted: 2005-01-22 09:00   
Oooo. So C20 and C21 will be released together? I'm DYING to read more of your work lol.

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2005-01-22 09:30   
Quote:

Chapter 21 shall see a hero arise that will save the day,

Finaly my talents are recognized...

i shall save the day with the Mighty Missile Assault Dreadnought Madlax

MUHAHAHAHAHA

- Axi

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-01-23 06:39   
I am glad to announce Chapter 20 is done. I apologize for the delay in the story but as I have said I had to write a new chapter to move the whole basic story along.

I expect there to be a large battle happing in chapter 22. I have the whole thing down on paper its just trying to fit it in.

Yes a Hero will arise but it is propably not the one you might expect.

A event will be happening that, most likely, no one will see coming.

But without further ranting,

Chapter 20 or ... "We Are The Alpha And Omega"

Enjoy

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Coleseus
Cadet

Posted: 2005-01-23 06:47   
Ah.. where's C20? Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed me. lol.

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-01-23 06:49   
*****Chapter Twenty*****

Linna was fascinated at the entire infrastructure that had been built up on the planet in such a short time. They had a government, trade, a military, schools, and everything else that comes with a planetary economy and population. “You built all this in sixteen years? How did you do it all?” “A lot of it was already here. When we arrived, the basis for a population base was already in place from the pirates. We took over, improved everything we could. My crew, along with the pirates that decided to turn over a new leaf, started the current society. Through the years we have increased our population with people that wanted a fresh start. They were people from all walks of life.”

“How do you keep the undesirables from finding out about this place? I mean it is not like this place is invisible or anything.” “While this planet may not be invisible to the naked eye it is invisible to the sensors on ships. You see the ring of asteroid debris is ionized pretty heavily so it acts like a natural jammer, what you do not see does not exist. If someone or something gets too close where it might see us visually it is either captured or destroyed.” Linna was fascinated by what Marcus was telling her. A whole new, independent, colony was right here before her. It seemed they where doing rather well considering all the materials present.

“One more thing. How do you get the raw materials to make what you cannot scavenge?” “Ah, that is the trick. Alpha is rich in most of the common ores while Omega is rich in the more uncommon ores. Between the two of them we have access to all of the ores known to mankind. A rather odd situation but it suits us perfectly.” “I would imagine. I saw you could build ships? When we first got a reading on you it came up as an unknown Frigate class vessel. What can you build?” “Currently we only have the capability to design and build Cruiser class hulls. It seems the pirates where quite organized here.” “This is absolutely incredible. All these things you have created.” “Yes, plus our society has so little in the way of crime. I am not sure if it just because we are a smaller, younger society or if it is just who we have in our society. We have so many different people from so many worlds. It’s as if they were drawn here to us, seeking a new beginning, and that is why we named it the planet Alpha and the moon Omega.”

Linna was given the grand tour of the military bases, the research facilities, the starports and depots. It was everything a planet in the republic would have or even have in the UGTO. They had utilized the best of all three factions to create their dream world. “I am so impress Marcus, you have done so much in so little time.” “We had to do it for our survival now it is for our future.” “Operations Center to Captain Darksoul.” “Go ahead.” “Sir we have intermittent contacts closing the perimeter, electronic signatures read as probable cloaked K’Luth vessels.” “Very Well, place the defenses at Defense Condition Three.” “Aye Sir, moving from Condition Five to Condition Three.” “Linna would you like to see out Combat Direction Center in action?” “Would I? You bet!”

Deep in the confines of the Combat Direction Center, white lights snapped off to turn into a bath of light blue lights. All types of tactical screens where coming on-line, with defense system controllers scrambling into the chairs behind the monitors. The Tactical Action Officers, who controlled the CDC, where marking off the lines on their checklists as operators and technicians called their stations manned and ready. The planets Space Defense Fighters where readied as well as the ships of the Planetary Defense Fleet. They knew their jobs needed the utmost attention to detail because if the K’Luth found out they where here they would not rest till every man, woman and child was either subjugated or dead.

“Admiral Darksoul, all posts and ships report manned and ready, Defense Condition Three. All power readings on Defense Platforms report nominal. The sensor network is currently in Passive Mode awaiting your order to activate.” “Very well, stand by to engage Active Jammers on my command.” “I thought you were just a Captain Marcus?” “I am, or at least was, in the ICC. Now I am the Admiral here. I have to call the shots, have absolute control. Everyone’s life depends on it. I only said I was a Captain in case you ran my name through your database.” “Admiral, The enemy has breached the Outer Defense Perimeter and is closing the asteroid belt.” “Very Well, standby to energize the Defense Platforms. Raise the Planetary Defense Shield and bring the auxiliary power plants on-line. Lets hustle people, if they break the Middle Defense Perimeter I want to be able to get all the systems lit up and running.” All about the planet people where jumping to get things done. This was an all hands effort, now since the K’Luth where getting closer. It was getting ready to become a fight for their very survival.

The K’Luth that had arrived at this area had picked up a faint signal on an ICC Jump Cruiser that passed within the fringes of their sensors. The group of three ships included the KHS Mantis, a Clavate Class ship, the KHS H’jikar and the KHS Migorta, both Claw class ships. They slowed to half impulse when they picked up the second trail from an unknown frigate class ship. “My Lord, we have picked up two exhaust trails. One is from an ICC Jump Cruiser and the other from an unrecognized Frigate Class ship. The trails lead towards the asteroid belt before us. We cannot detect anything within the asteroid belt due to our sensors being degraded while under cloak.” “Understood, standby to decloak and polarize the skin of the ship. We will take a closer look at this, phenomenon.”

“Admiral, we have 3 K’Luth ships decloaking in Sector 3. The ships are a Clavate and two Claws. They are moving at half impulse towards the asteroid belt. Shall we activate the defense grid?” “No, not yet, lets see how curious they are.” The K’Luth ships approached the asteroid belt in honest curiosity then followed it towards the opening to the asteroid belt. Suddenly the ships stopped and just hung in space, not knowing if they should enter or not.

“My Lord, the two exhaust trails lead into the opening in the asteroid belt. Shall we follow them through the opening?” “Not yet, set sensors to maximum and scan the area surrounding us including the opening.” “Scanning the area… We are reading heavy ionization within the asteroid belt but there seems to be abnormalities amongst the asteroid belt.” “Abnormalities? Report your findings.” “It seems there are several asteroids in the belt that seem to be of a metallic nature.” “That is nothing new, many asteroids have metal ores in them.” “That is true sir but this metal I am detecting is not ore but processed metal sir.” “Processed? How can that be? Where is this coming from?” “There are several asteroids within the field that have this reading.” “Move us in closer to investigate.” “Yes my lord.”

“Admiral, the Clavate is moving closer to one of our Defense Platforms. I am not sure why but I would guess they may have discovered one of our Defense Platforms.” “It sure looks like that, move us to Defense Condition Two, launch the Planetary Defense Fighters and have the Defense Ships stand to and be ready for a combat launch. Have the fighters hold on the far side of the planet. I don’t want them giving us away till the last possible moment.” “Sir the K’Luth have crossed the Middle Perimeter.” “Well I guess that makes this a whole new ballgame. Launch all Fighters and Defense Ships. Take us to Defense Condition One! Activate the Defense Platforms!”

“My Lord! We are reading massive energy readings from multiple asteroids. They appear to be the same ones we discovered to have processed metal in them.” “It is a trap! All ships emergency evasive maneuvers! Tactical, engage the cloaking systems now!” but it was too late. The officers deep within CDC knew what they were doing, waiting till the last moment to spring their trap so they could get the most out of this close range engagement.

“TAO, lock onto all K’Luth ships and engage at will.” “Aye Sir! Fire Control, release batteries on Platforms One and Two along with Twenty-Two through Twenty-Four. As soon as a firing solution is set commence firing.” The designated asteroids literally came to life, as they powered up targeting systems and weapons ports opened up. Each large asteroid was in itself the equivalent of a moderate sized starship in sheer firepower. Each Platform contained four CL1000’s and four CL500’s in ports mounted evenly across its surface. They could swivel through various arcs to create deadly fire zones. Those were not the only weapons they had either. Each platform also contained two fusion torpedo tubes along with four IT and two AR missile launchers for missile support and to protect itself against missiles, a pulse beam had been placed at the north and south poles of each asteroid. They were designed to protect the planet and repel invaders. All this was armor plated and powered by four huge 1500 series reactors. The effect was as planned.

“My Lord! The asteroids have launched missiles at us and have destroyed both of the Claws with beam and torpedo fire. I count sixteen IT missiles and eight AR missiles inbound our position!” “Reverse our course! Full power to engines, and prepare to cloak. Download all databanks and communications logs into the emergency message beacon and prepare for it for launch.” The K’Luth patrol commander only had moments to prepare before the wall of missiles started to impact along his ships hull. Several missiles where shot down by point defense prior to impact, but it was too little too late. “My Lord! We have several breeches in our hull. Life support is failing. Drives are offline. Primary power is offline. What are your orders?” “Launch the emergency message beacon, then we shall do the only other thing we can do.” “What is that my lord?” “We shall die.”

There were cheers and clapping throughout the Command Center. They had just destroyed three hostile ships without loosing so much as a single fighter. “Admiral I am impressed at the way your team conducted itself today. You took care of those enemy ships quickly and decisively.” “That may be true Linna, but there were only three of them. We could be hard pressed to defend this planet if they came in force.” “Admiral, we have a reading on a small jump drive signature leaving the area, it appears they lunched a Emergency Beacon.” “Well that about seals that. I think they are going to be here much sooner than we thought. Linna, I know this may be asking too much but I have to ask you something.” “Ask away Admiral.”

“Well first off, to you I am Marcus, just plain old Marcus. I would like to ask you to stay with us. We could really use your help; I know I could really use your help. You are smart, and experienced as a ships Captain. Your knowledge could help us immensely. I doubt the ICC even thinks your alive considering all the things you have been through.” “I’m not sure Marcus, it so much to ask for let alone give up.” “All I ask is that you consider staying with us. If you choose to stay with us that will be fantastic. If not then so be it, we will fix your ship and send you on your way. We will have to wipe your navigational charts of any information that will provide anyone a way to find us.” “That is understandable. What is the question you want to ask?” “The asking of my question shall depend on the answer to the request I have given.” All Linna could do is look at Marcus with his wry smile and wonder, in amazement, what was going on behind those steel gray eyes of his.

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2005-01-23 08:02   
YAY!!!

- Axi

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-01-23 12:27   
Daddys got an eye for the ladies =P

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-01-25 11:59   
I think you will like Chapter 21... It is coming along nicely and will be another brick in the wall which has become "The Forgotten Fleet". It is time to bring back some other characters and introduce some new ones. It all depends on how much time I can get to access the internet to do research. I have to be logged in to do the research and hope I will be able to get this out as soon as I can, for you, the reading public.

Chapter 22's tentative title.... "The Battle at Tripwick"

I am working and trying to write at the same time. The coming week will be busy if you are paying attention to the date. I will post as soon as I can.

Rocko

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-01-25 12:18   
You just keep your arse in the green zone bro Take all the time ya need, we'll wait

Steamrunner
Cadet

Posted: 2005-01-26 02:25   
You are getting better with the telling Rocko, like fine wine that no one can quite put a cork back into. ;-p

[ This Message was edited by: Steamrunner on 2005-01-26 02:26 ]

philll
Admiral

Posted: 2005-01-31 11:35   
moreeeeeeeeeeeee

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022823 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR