No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » The Forgotten Fleet (Now including Book II)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
 Author The Forgotten Fleet (Now including Book II)
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2004-12-23 23:05   
Well I am glad you liked that last Chapter.. it was a tad short and to the point but I had to keep it that way as a set up to Chapter 13... I really think you will like this next Chapter since it is the, IMHO, first true test of the Fleet to think on its feet... I have to download and print out the Darkspace Manual plus try to find out a few other things from whatever sources I can. It will be a doosie if I pull it off right... I am currently 50% done with Chapter 13 while Chapter 14 is probably 20% done (in outline mode currently).

And in the Immortal Words of one Red vs. Blue Segment....

"In the Next Episode.... Be Prepared... Someone.... Will.... Die!"

Keep The Faith...

Rocko

P.S. To LoL: You will probably not be in this Chapter BUT I will fit you in somehow... but I am NOT gonna tell you how.. MWHAAHAHHAA!

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Xilaratu
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-23 23:42   
Quote:

On 2004-12-17 15:51, BackSlash {DSUKM} wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-12-17 15:19, Darkspacian wrote:
And God said "Bump"

FFS DARKSPACIAN IT DOESNT NEED BUMPING!

Really? Now I feel totally ashamed. My whole life is a lie!

Can you guess what kind of bump this is?

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-12-24 04:22   
IT...DOESNT...NEED....BUMPING!!!!!!!!!!

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2004-12-24 08:48   

Yeah all it needs is a good kick once in a while

KICK

- Axi

philll
Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-24 08:50   
oh cant wait
ill refere u if u get it today

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-12-24 14:30   
Bump

KILL BACKSLASH! lol

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
kenetiks
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-12-25 02:09   
next installment...?

Email kenetiks   Goto the website of kenetiks
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2004-12-25 12:26   
Well folks... Chapter 13 is done! YaY! I hope that I have done the K'Luth justice... I have limited experiance with them but I tried to do my best... If something seems missing or out of wack.. please excuse me... the fault is mine alone...

But enough about that... Now on to the story! Please be patient.. this little bugger is a bit long... but worth it I think... I have thrown in another tidbit to one of the side stories... I think you will see what it is...

Enjoy,

Rocko

Now on to Chapter 13... or "Out Of The Darkness It Came!"

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2004-12-25 12:41   
*****Chapter Thirteen*****

“Sir, we have arrived safely on the fringe of the Wolf 359 System… we are on course for Wolf 1…” “Very Well… Helm… please slow the fleet to Attack Speed, one quarter light-speed, Stealth Mode if you please Mr. Abutu.” “Aye Sir… we are setting Stealth Mode now sir… Our signal strength spiked upon coming out of the Wormhole, which is to be expected, but has returned to normal…” “Admiral we are in Stealth Mode… all shields are in stand-by, ECM is on and reporting no faults. We are standing by to engage the Aegis System.” “Very Well… All Stations… Prepare to engage the Aegis Fire Control System…” and lets hope we don’t fry out every circuit card and computer in the fleet Rocko thought.

“Sir, we are ready to engage the Aegis Fire Control System… All ships reporting they have our Data Link and all test data being sent and received is in sync… We are standing by to engage the System…” “Ok let’s fire up this thing and hope everything doesn’t blow up in our face…” “Aye Sir… Data Link is in Sync… Engaging Aegis…” and with something as simple as pushing a button it was done. Rocko was looking at the Holo-Tank that was mounted in the center of the bridge, just 10 feet in front of him. It was a huge representation of the Wolf 359 System… all the planets were represented. There were large red circles around each K’Luth planet… “Ok someone please tell me what I am looking at.” “The Red Rings represent the Sensor Ranges of the Planetary Sensors. Our Sensor data is the Blue Rings around our Ships… The Blue dotted lines represent weapons ranges… when and if the K’Luth show up we will see Red dotted rings for their estimated range… since we are not exactly sure how far their weapons can fire…”

Rocko thought this was all well and good as long as it didn’t fritz out on the first hull impact of weapons fire… “Well then lets put all this new fangled technology to work shall we? Move us into our ECM range so that the target planet is covered… That should overload their Sensors, correct?” “Yes Sir… In theory that is…” “That may be true son, but in theory we should all be dead by now…” “Point taken Sir…” “Admiral we are in optimal firing range… ECM coverage is at nominal levels. We are showing now enemy contacts within surveillance coverage. There seems to be no sign of the K’Luth anywhere.” “Hah, that will change as soon as we fire… Stand By… prepare to commence Planetary Bombardment Pattern Alpha…” All the crews awaited his final command to launch the second attack… but all Rocko could think was ‘Come out, Come out, wherever you are…’

In the Command Center for the Commander of the K’Luth forces in Wolf 359 a technician came to the Senior K’Luth Officer on duty… “Sir… We have detected what we believe to be a Wormhole on the fringe of the System… It appeared to be on the very edge of our Sensor Net.” “Have we seen any friendly ships enter the System?” “Negative Sir… None have checked in as of yet… though some may not if they are checking up on us…” “Well we had better check it out… I am not in the mood to awake the Upper Leadership Caste if it is nothing more than a Sensor malfunction.” “Yes Sir… I will send out a Recon Team… I think the GER can do that job adequately.” “Fine… Dispatch a Team immediately to see what they can find”

“Admiral… We have targeting lock on several key structures on the planetary surface… Sensors show no Planetary Shielding up… Defenses appear to be a standard K’Luth layout… They have a Sensor Station running but it is nothing that we cannot shut down. Luckily there are no Space Defense Fighter Bases on the planet.” “Very Well, Take down the Primary Buildings… Try not to kill any of the indigenous population here… they are humans even if they call the UGTO their home. It will keep up the UGTO theory that they did this…” “Yes Sir… targeting Primary Planetary Structures… Aegis System is calculating impact points… Target Selection Complete… Missiles Away!” and with that the first of two waves of missiles where on the way to the planet… “Switching to Secondary Planetary Structures… Selection Complete… Missiles Away!” “Very Well… Secure from Bombardment… Stand by for Enemy Action… They are bound to show up now…”

Rocko was not disappointed either… if nothing more the K’Luth were both predictable and punctual. “Admiral… The Raven and Shade are getting Sensor activity in the area of the K’Luth Shipyard… We have contacts on 4 enemy ships… We classify them as one Dreadnaught, one Cruiser and 2 Destroyer class ships… unable to get exact ship classification at this time… they are… We have lost the contacts…” “Keep your eyes and sensors on full power… they surely saw either our Wormhole or the attack… either way they are looking for us… Move us away from the planet… lets get some maneuvering room…” and just as the words came out of the Admirals mouth, the missiles reached their targets…

“The missiles have made it to the targets… Main Planetary Power is off-line… the Sensor Station is destroyed… Several Defense Bases and two Barracks are also destroyed as well as several Secondary Targets… their Supply Depot, Port, and Factory as well. Shall we ” “Well if they didn’t know we where here they sure know we are now…” “Warp Contact!!! All 4 ships have jump into the main area around Wolf 1… they are still cloaked… no other ship information is available…” “All Ships! Action Stations, Prepare to Repel Boarders…” The K’Luth had been known to beam in their fiercest warriors… Capture the Staff and the rest was used for food or sport… “Keep an eye out… they could pop out anywhere!”

On the lead K’Luth ship, the KHS Serpentine, the commander was directing his troops and ships… “Find those Humans! I will have my revenge for what they have done to Wolf 1!” “Sir… They are masking themselves heavily with ECM… We are unable to see them on our Sensors… we will have to close to visual range before we can unmask and fire…” “I know this… Do you think I am so stupid as to not know this? Order the Cruisers and Destroyers in to flush them out… Stand-by to short jump in and kill them as soon as they show themselves… Power up all weapons… Have the others do the same…” Throughout the large ship the alien warriors went to work to bring the living ship to war status, for in this regard they where not much different than their human counterparts… all in all it was the same, kill or be killed.

The ships sent into find the Humans where the KHS Scorpion, a Clavate class ship, the KHS Snake and the KHS Black Widow, both Claw class ships… “Admiral… We are making our approach to the area that was believed to be the Humans last know area based on know tactics they employ… We will not fail to find them for this hunt!” “You had better not out shall be cleaning the dung piles out a Bulbar Beetles nest. I will see to it personally…” “Yes my Lordship… it shall be as you order. All ships… form up and assume attack formation… Find and Kill the Humans!” And with the command the ships speed off to find the poor humans.

“Admiral Willis… This is Niggling on the Raven… I am picking up some energy readings on Sensors… I cannot determine what types of ships but they are to our front… wait… I am now picking up intermittent contacts on one… no… two Claws in the area… there is two more ships out there but it is unknown where… Sir… I think the third is a Clavate… the forth is running silent…” “Yes… that would be the Command Ship… he is waiting for the ‘Dogs’ to flush out the ‘Birds’… What they forget is these ‘Birds’ are packing… Stand-by to go Active! Load all tubes with the new PCM-9’s… Prepare to release all batteries on the closest Claw… then we shall work our way down the line… If the big one pops in all fire on the Command Ship… Tactical Action Officer… Engage the Aegis System… lets see if this thing is worth the money they paid for it.” “Aye Sir… Aegis System Online and awaiting your order to proceed.” “Then lets have some fun! Unmask and Go Active! Blast them Bastards to HELL!”

Aboard the lead ship, the Black Widow… “Commander, the enemy is visible… we have target lock! They are using Active Sensors! We are discovered!” “Uncloak and Fire! We shall re-cloak and move to a new position… Inform the group leader…” “Yes Sir… but there is 12 enemy ships! The humans are here in force!” “Fire the weapons!” “Firing my Lord! We have hit our target… A Sensor Frigate… it is hurt, shall we pursue?” “Yes…” “We are making another attack… Missiles Inbound!” “Evasive Action! Do It NOW!” But it was too late, the power of 12 Advanced PCM’s ripped through the running Destroyer as if they were a knife through butter… the ship didn’t have the power to fire back since between firing at the frigate and running at full speed to evade the missiles had drained all its power... It was a doomed ship after it had fired…

“Admiral Willis… The target has been neutralized… but the Sensor Frigate Raven has been severly damaged.” “Very well… have the Raven move back to the Supply Ships for repair. They should be able to fix him up rather quickly between the two of them…” “Aye Sir… The Raven is reporting Sensor failure and her Jump Drive is offline. She also has casualties.” “Ok… Make sure the Mercy’s medical crews are standing by to receive the wounded. And find those other two ships! I know they are close and I don’t want them climbing in bed with us!” “Sir … I think it’s too late…” “What… where are they at? Oh no… not again!” Just as the Supply Ships were starting repairs they other Claw and the Clavate short jumped right on top of their wounded prey… The wounded Frigate got off a short blast and started to run but because it couldn’t make an Emergency Jump it was trying to just draw off the enemy… It was a valiant and brave thing Captain Niggling did… he knew the Fleet was out of position to return fire… but he gave them that moment to do what they could.

“KHS Snake… go after that Frigate… Kill it! I will kill these two pesky Supply Ships!” The commander of Clavate wanted to kill everything in sight! He didn’t care what or who was around… but aboard the Command Ship something else was brewing… “My Lord… you will not believe this, but I have some interesting information for you!” “What is it… I hope it is useful to this battle…” “Well, My Lord the enemy Assault Cruiser before us should be of keen interest to you… It is the ICCS Charger!” The Admiral felt a pain in his shoulder that he had not felt in over a decade… “That is Impossible! I destroyed that ship 14 years ago… How could this be? Are you sure of this?” “Yes, My Lord… Its electronic signature match perfectly to our database… each human ship is cataloged to exact standards.” “How can this ship be here now? Move in… I want to see about this ship… and see who commands it.”

“Admiral… the Raven is running, with a Claw in pursuit… The Supply ships are being attacked by a Clavate and we are now getting a large power spike on the Sensors… Sir… We must engage the Aegis System… Oh my Go… LOOK!” What Rocko saw coming out of nothingness was none other than a Mandible Class Dreadnaught… and it was closing… but not very fast… it seemed curious about the fight but not wanting to commit to the fight. “Why is he just slowly moving in like that? Activate the Aegis System…” The Aegis System looked at the combat situation, determined what ships were a priority and fired the PCM’s at the Claw as it pummeled the running Frigate then fired all the IT, Psi Missiles and beams it found in range… The one thing about Aegis… crews still had to pilot the ships, for it only fought for the ships... “Missiles away! Impacts! The Claw is dead… but the Voltaire is on fire!”

“My Lord! We have lost the Snake and the Scorpion is taking fire! We must engage the Humans!” “I will command this ship to do my bidding… not you, you insufferable little peon! I can see what is going on… Prepare to Short Jump… I have a will to find out who commands that ship, the Charger… let the Clavate have its fun… Prepare to fire all weapons… JUMP!” And with that one single, simple word the Dreadnaught was away and after its prey… but in the single mindedness of its Commander it forgot about the other ships of the fleet… They were still there…

“Admiral the Mandible has jumped in! It is going after the Charger!” “Kill that ship!” But the Aegis System didn’t listen to Humans… only its own little brain. Since the Frigates and Supply Ships where hunting the Clavate that left the Cruisers to defend on of their own. The Mandible fired its weapons as soon as it was in range… the beams hit the Assault Cruiser from bow to stern and gave it an ugly black scar… but just as the dreaded Anti-Matter torpedoes where about to hit, the Jump Cruiser Concordia skimmed the AC’s hull and took the full brunt of the torpedoes… “Captain Yamazaka… That was a brave move! Don’t do that again… ok?” “Yes Admiral… I doubt I will since I have lost my port and aft shields… I have multiple systems off-line currently… I am out of this fight for a bit.” “I will get help to you as soon as I can” “I will be with you as soon…” And with that, the screen went blank… “What happened?" "She has been attacked by the Mandible, Sir!”

“Forget that puny ship… turn your attention back to the Charger!” But as the ship turned to attack the Charger it found the rest of the ships waiting for it… Missiles, Beams and Torpedoes rocked its hull… It didn’t give up easily… It fired and maneuvered amongst the ships… but couldn’t fend of the onslaught. At the last moment its commander decided this fight was over… “My Lord you must abandon the ship… You must report your findings…” “What I must do is find out who is the Captain of that ship, the Charger, and kill him! I will not rest till I put that ghost ship out of my mind.” And with that he swirled and went to his escape pod.

“All ships concentrate your fire on that Mandible! Kill it! Kill it now!” Shortly the Mandible was in a death spiral… it seemed as if it had lost helm control as it slowly rolled onto its back and slid into the planet, Wolf 1. What had not been killed or destroyed on the planet was now vaporized in a blink of an eye. “Oh my… Sir…. Readings show minimal life signs on Wolf 1 after the Mandible impacted the planet. I also regret to report the Voltaire was lost with all hands… The Charger has been severely damaged but is being repaired as we speak…” “Where is the Concordia…?” “Sir she is drifting into the orbit of the Wolf 359!” “Captain Yamazaka! You are getting to close to Wolf 359. Get your butt moving!” “I wish I could sir… I was more severely damaged than I originally thought and with the second attack that Mandible gave me, well I have no power or any engines to put that power into… Wolf 359’s gravity well has us and there is no way we could be saved, even if both our Supply Ships where here… let alone the one we have. You need to complete your mission… Admiral, sow the seeds while you can… Captain Yamazaka out… God Save Us All.”

Rocko could not do anything but watch the Concordia slip into the Star that was the Wolf 359. “She shall not be forgotten. Communications Officer… order all the UGTO parts released from the cargo holds and make sure that Uggie Wormhole Device is in the middle of all that junk. After that lets get out of here before someone realizes we just clobbered a bunch of their friends. We will have time a plenty to morn the deaths of our Comrades at a later time… But now is not the time… lets lick our wounds and find out why that Mandible had such an interest on my XO… Helm bring us around… Have the nearest Jump Cruiser engage their Wormhole…” “Aye Sir… Wormhole created… we are entering the Event Horizon… and with a flash they were gone… Part Two was complete, Rocko thought… but what laid before them now…

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Rocko Willis *CAPT* on 2004-12-25 12:59 ]

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2004-12-25 14:16   
WOOHOO best Xmass present EVER...

thx a bunch this was SWEEEET

- Axi

chrisfall
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-26 02:58   
real sweet man
keep it coming

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-12-26 13:48   
Awww, guess your story & mine can't co-exist since Lin is now a goner... hehe (or IS she ).

Great job bro... bastard K'Luth ruined my paintjob! They will suffer! Rawr

Merry Christmas

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2004-12-27 16:20   

KICK

- Axi

philll
Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-28 17:31   
next cahper plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
i need it

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-12-29 02:41   
Mans on the front lines, give 'im a break... that and I keep forgetting to send him info he asks for - maybe I'll remember when I wake up... heh Nite!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
Page created in 0.028515 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR