No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » ICC Assault Dreadnaught (with enhancements)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
 Author ICC Assault Dreadnaught (with enhancements)
Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-24 20:46   
Am i the only person that thinks the ICC AD isnt overpowerd but just plain unstoppable, one AD vs two EAD's and the EAD's will end up having to jump away yet the AD will still have near 100% hull!

My challenge to the devs:

I will use a fully modded AD and if you can beat me 1 vs 1 from UGTO or KLUTH i will reset my rank.

(ps. I am expecting lots of hate from icc now but thats ok, nothing new)

[ This Message was edited by: Two Face on 2012-09-24 20:59 ]

Taelon
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-24 21:04   
I do say the ICC AD is stong, but so is the UGTO but you all must remember icc has shields, that gives that the most advantage, adn UGTO has more armor, poor kluth just gets to jump away alot And Two Face, that is a strong wager.

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-09-24 21:05   
I already know fully modded, siph would lose hands down to AD in straight up 1v1
but EAD vs AD....
that would be interesting.
I'd say EAD would win, with like 10-30% hull left.

but..
from kluth's perspective, its MUCH easier to bring down a fully modded AD then it is a fully modded EAD....

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-24 21:12   
The EAD will loose while the AD has 95% hull if not more, both fully modded of course.

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-09-24 21:27   
My opninion is this

Its not the ship, its the enhancements

AD and EAD can tank alot of damage with ....what is it now, 49% def enh? 51%?

But at the same time, I can put 48% beam damage on my siphon and incinerate your hull before the server updates to your client.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-09-24 21:46   
spawns a gunboat destroyer with 4x adv engine tuners and 4x adv manuvering jets and makes you eat your words.

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-24 21:48   
48%, If you stuck all beam damage on your Siphon and went up vs a modded AD then you best be prepared to lose 1 life off your enhancement life or as your kluth you can sneak away while cloaked, unfortunately UGTO dont have that ability so they will just blow up if they dont have a gate to quickly escape threw or there jump drive doesnt recharge in time.

Null Pointer
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-09-24 21:49   
Quote:

On 2012-09-24 21:48, Two Face wrote:
48%, If you stuck all beam damage on your Siphon and went up vs a modded AD then you best be prepared to lose 1 life off your enhancement life or as your kluth you can sneak away while cloaked, unfortunately UGTO dont have that ability so they will just blow up if they dont have a gate to quickly escape threw or there jump drive doesnt recharge in time.

No actually, with Zlarrs and Benchford you can achieve like.. 49 or 51%.
Ah crap.. shoudln't have told UGTO that.

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-24 22:13   
Another thing to point out in this current situation is ICC is the ranged faction, UGTO is the close combat faction (since we have weapon damage falloff) and KLUTH is the hit & run faction, you would think with those stats that UGTO could just point jump ICC and win up close yet ICC kick ass at short range just as well as at long range with there none weapon falloff damage, which leaves UGTO thinking, and thinking, and thinking.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-09-24 22:17   
your talking about the ad... Its a close range ship...

It does roughly half the damage of an ead at point blank range.

Ugto weapons do more damage than icc in close range

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-09-24 22:20   

Why do you guys bother with 1 vs 1 anyway? This isn't a twitch game, ultimately, and the ships were not meant to be equals with different skins.

Positioning and who fires first usually has a major effect on the outcome of the battle. But this is a fleet game, so more than likely, it'll be a matter of numbers and/or fleet tactics.

I'd dare say that 2 on 2, a couple of EADs can take out 2 ADs in quick fashion if both EADs can focus and take out one of the ADs first. They have the advantage in firepower anyway. Likewise with 2 Siphons/Mandis vs 2 ADs or EADs.

It depends on how the battle begins, and how it's coordinated.

1 on 1? Why even bother?

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-09-24 22:24   
Quote:

On 2012-09-24 22:13, Two Face wrote:
.......... which leaves UGTO thinking, and thinking, and thinking.

Is that something new to you guys?

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-24 22:30   
Can i PLEASE request trollers posts be deleted from this forum post and allow the non trollers to continue? Many thanks.

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-24 22:59   
Quote:

On 2012-09-24 22:20, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

Why do you guys bother with 1 vs 1 anyway? This isn't a twitch game, ultimately, and the ships were not meant to be equals with different skins.

Positioning and who fires first usually has a major effect on the outcome of the battle. But this is a fleet game, so more than likely, it'll be a matter of numbers and/or fleet tactics.

I'd dare say that 2 on 2, a couple of EADs can take out 2 ADs in quick fashion if both EADs can focus and take out one of the ADs first. They have the advantage in firepower anyway. Likewise with 2 Siphons/Mandis vs 2 ADs or EADs.

It depends on how the battle begins, and how it's coordinated.

1 on 1? Why even bother?

The last time i seen you actually play this game for more then 5 mins other then trolling the forums was back when you first joined darkspace, you are crazy to think you can win in an EAD vs a AD 1 vs 1. Also its not that we bother with 1 vs 1, its just a statistic i am using, so if there are 5 vs 5 we are still doomed, the fact of the matter beyond your constant trolling of forums is that the ICC AD is stupidly strong.
[ This Message was edited by: Two Face on 2012-09-24 23:00 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-09-24 23:05   
Quote:

On 2012-09-24 22:30, Two Face wrote:
Can i PLEASE request trollers posts be deleted from this forum post and allow the non trollers to continue? Many thanks.

Sorry couldn't help it.

But the first post was a fact. This is not a one vs one game. Just because your ship loses to the other in a duel does not mean that you will encounter the same situation in a 2 on 2, or more, scenario.

The EAD is not meant to be the ultimate battering ram, although it's pretty damned close to being one.

You'll have to live with the fact that things are now perhaps what it should have been. UGTO being the all rounded faction. ICC being the defensive factions (strongest defense, weakest offense) and Kluth being the hit-run/first strike faction (weakest defense, strongest offense).

Range has nothing to do with it. All factions have short, medium and long ranged weapons on at least one variant of their ships. And even then, it doesn't mean that the faction and its ships have to follow this design principle to a T.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024554 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR