No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » ICC Assault Dreadnaught (with enhancements)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
 Author ICC Assault Dreadnaught (with enhancements)
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-09-25 10:50   
When Fattierob made his defence changes, we knew there would likely be a few anomolies. Please do testing among yourselves in beta (we'd do it, but you never seem to trust our judgements) and give us the results. Make sure to test a variety of ships, so we know if it's a global issue with ICC ships, or just AD specific.

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-25 10:55   
Will do Pantheon

[ This Message was edited by: Two Face on 2012-09-25 11:05 ]

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-09-25 11:16   
The changes I made to shields for ICC didn't do much with active shields so their "maximum" defensive power shouldn't be much different from previous versions. Then again, if you're running around with a dreadnought with skirmish shields ... well, I would love to see the results.

Walrus of Apathy
Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-09-25 12:32   
Quote:

On 2012-09-25 11:16, Fattierob wrote:
The changes I made to shields for ICC didn't do much with active shields so their "maximum" defensive power shouldn't be much different from previous versions. Then again, if you're running around with a dreadnought with skirmish shields ... well, I would love to see the results.

Challenge accepted!

Email Walrus of Apathy
-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-09-25 13:16   
Quote:

On 2012-09-24 23:34, Talien wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-09-24 20:46, Two Face wrote:
My challenge to the devs:

I will use a fully modded AD and if you can beat me 1 vs 1 from UGTO or KLUTH i will reset my rank.

I may not be a dev but I'll take your challenge anyway, and just to make it interesting I'll even use an unenhanced Assault Corvette.

This had me rolling on the floor. HAHA

Whiterin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-09-25 13:19   
Is this what you meant when you said something about proving your point after loosing to my CD with your EAD? If so... I know when you're loosing... When you attacked me, you hardly bothered to even turn your ship, you just sat there and attacked strait on without turning and letting other armor arcs take damage. I don't know about how the firing arcs on the EAD is, as I have never used one, but it seems the arcs on most of the other UGTO ships allow for a little more turning then on other ships. If the only way to fight in an EAD is head on, and it prevents you from turning the ship, perhaps that is what needs to be adjusted to allow you to make better use of armor arcs.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-09-25 13:43   
Quote:

On 2012-09-24 20:46, Two Face wrote:
My challenge to the devs:

I will use a fully modded AD and if you can beat me 1 vs 1 from UGTO or KLUTH i will reset my rank.

Sure, i'll take you up on that. PM me and we'll discuss rules, time, and place.

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-25 14:15   
Fattierob your the one for the job since it is you after all that made the changes i am trying to point out, PM coming your way.

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-25 16:52   
Quote:

On 2012-09-25 10:50, Pantheon wrote:
When Fattierob made his defence changes, we knew there would likely be a few anomolies. Please do testing among yourselves in beta (we'd do it, but you never seem to trust our judgements) and give us the results. Make sure to test a variety of ships, so we know if it's a global issue with ICC ships, or just AD specific.

Found the problem to be not the AD itself but the speed at which there shields recharge/take damage, also found out testing in beta that the energy consumption on the AD last 2.5 times longer then the EAD with the EAD running out of energy at 35 seconds of full alphas while the AD runs out at 85 seconds.

Diesalot
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-09-25 17:15   
EAD does more damage than AD so its only fair they run out of power quicker.

The AD that players complain about having too much defence usualy have reactor control as Aux shield gen. Which means the power consumption is significantly higher than what you would have tested. I'm fairly certain that without the reactor control the AD is worse for energy than EAD. I flew both EAD and AD and they are balanced for the amount of damage they each do!

I also still prefer EAD over AD as its a better ship by miles in a team.

There is a reason why luth prefer fighting AD over EAD!

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-09-25 17:57   
ead does almost twice the damage of an ad per alpha.

Only fitting ad can fire longer

Critus
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-25 18:05   
Hi, u all know me big icc player AD Tank, with face we tested his theory and it looks like EAD has some power problem, it cant make it to its full potencial. The fight was standar dread fight:
AD:
1 aux gen
2 aux shields
4 PFE
All sabot wep
52% def increase ehancement

vs EAD:
4 quamtum sing torp
4 IE
24% defence
24% beam damage"

I agree with Two Face, EAD has some power problem, in the battle we both move and we run out of power at the same time (me with only 1 gen and full shields on!!!!). Its my opinion that ugto (EAD) should have a little better power gen, and to stay balance cuz more power means more fire something luth are going to find a big problem reflective armor (armor thats good vs luth) should have penalty mass (for example) so we can keep it balance with the luth, i leave the details to the experts. I hope this helps, u all know me i play all factions and iam always looking for balance (like "Papa Midnight" in constantineXD). CYA

Flux Capacitor
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-25 18:31   
icc ships have less mass thus are more enrgy efficient at flying at speeds..

test at 0 speed

oh have have u tried changin some mounts to flux torps?

[ This Message was edited by: -domedi- on 2012-09-25 18:32 ]

Goto the website of Flux Capacitor
Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-25 18:32   
My original post was all about the AD which made me start to investigate deeper so i spent all day and night checking it out, now ive found out it isnt just the AD that we have an issue with, its ICC shields that are the main culprit coupled with defence enhancements.
Any UGTO dread will have a very tough time beating a ICC dread with the way ICC shields are now, Whiterin kicked my ass in his modded CD while in my modded EAD, almost as if i was hitting his ship with paper mache. (yes whiterin i didnt turn much, but on purpose to see if i could dent your hull which was a fail as you still had 100% hull after 100% alphas from EAD) Maybe if i didnt run out of energy so fast i could have put up a better fight, and there will be those that say number your weapons and dont use beams so much with the EAD to conserve energy but by the time i have accumilated enough energy back i will be in no fit state to stay and fight.

[ This Message was edited by: Two Face on 2012-09-25 18:33 ]

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-25 18:35   
Quote:

On 2012-09-25 18:31, -domedi- wrote:
icc ships have less mass thus are more enrgy efficient at flying at speeds..

test at 0 speed

oh have have u tried changin some mounts to flux torps?

[ This Message was edited by: -domedi- on 2012-09-25 18:32 ]

Tested with Pantheon at 0 speed, AD last a whole 55 seconds longer then EAD

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023888 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR