No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.7 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [Beta] Dreadnaught layouts
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
 Author [Beta] Dreadnaught layouts
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-05-09 22:09   
Well then "Siphon" wouldn't fit as a name.

There's definitely going to be enhancement problems, no matter which ship becomes the beam/torp ship.

With the beam buff though, the siphon could be pretty devastating. Does anyone know how much energy ELF steals from the target now? Does it even steal energy anymore?

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-05-09 22:36   

OK, with the beam buff, the OLD Mandi config managed to hull the new BD (stock, non reflective armor) in about 1 to 1.5 alphas.

I'd imagine that the new Mandi or Siphon upclose will be able to hull any side of armor (except maybe the EAD's frontal) in one alpha. But having said that, the HCLs and CLs can also hurt the fragile Kluth dreads if the engagement is prolonged.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-05-09 23:00   
Quote:

On 2011-05-09 20:54, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Comment on Kluth dreads:

Why is the Mandi being made the Torp/cannon boat and the Siphon being turned into an all-beam/No-SI ship?

OK first off, most players modded the Siph with Adv Weap Multis 'cos of the torps and cannons, so I find that it was kinda counter-intuitive to make the Siph an all beam boat.

Similar to the Shell/Stinger update where the weapon type complements were reversed, you'll end up with players asking for enhancement swaps or refunds because what they outfitted become totally inapplicable to the new configuration.

Pls reverse it to make the Mandi the beam ship, and the Siph the torp/cannon assault boat.

- The Siphon is supposed to be the Assault Dread equivalent. Both the other 2 factions' EAD and AD have a good torp and beam complement, both weaps being short ranged, heavy damage-dealers. Doesn't make sense that the Siphon becomes a giant Parasite (which IMO, itself was already a strange design)

- The Mandi should remain the beam heavy boat that it is, but with at least a couple of SIs and some cannons at least.

Can we reverse the config?
Siphon = Mandi, but losing some PSIs to get the Siphon's original armor and EW?
Mandi = Siphon config, losing the additional armor and some beams for 2 heavy PSIs, and 2 SIs at least.

I haven't tried the Krill, Brood or Gang yet. Will give more comments once I have.

Edit: I just heard that the SIs were unintentionally left out, so part editted above.
[ This Message was edited by: SpaceAdmiral on 2011-05-10 00:30 ]

Well I think it's because siphon is the ELF ship, and other ELF ships are beam boats. Yes, enhancements will be screwed up.

Dev logs didn't say new kluth layouts?

EDIT: One thing about the new UGTO dreads:
I think they embody the faction philosophy of sluggers, each dread (save agincourt) has some close-mid range staying power while still doing different roles.

EAD: Close range battering ram, recently got a huge number of torps.
BD: Nice cannons, 2 qsts.
Carrier: Less cannons than BD, 1 less qst for some fighters, giving it some longer range power too.
Command: Cannons same as carrier, no qsts but instead employs torps for the mid range punch. Fills different roles with mines, EW, and build drones.

Agincourt is old layout, and will have the most fighters out at a time by far. Can't match the mid range firepower of other dreads though.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2011-05-10 06:02   
New Brood has 2 left/aft tractor beams (probably meant to be aft/sides//fore/sides). New Brood also has 6 of its 10 disruptors mounted on fore/left. 3 of them should be fore/right.

Really, the Brood can theoretically taunt both command dread and command carrier at once, equal both in their meagre specialities AND proceed to kill them while eating chillies. Its that good

I was flame-frozen when I saw the siphon. >8< assault disruptors, meaning it outdoes support and command stations in beam damage, comes close in core weapon damage and can put an ELF's ban on their massive powerhouse engines.
It has only 1 reactor. Sadface.

Mandible is a very competent warship now. Flying it felt like using a ranged EAD with cloak (they are similar, -1 reactor, -5 torpedoes, -1 heavy beam but +6 heavy cannons and all-important +1 EW).

Seems like someone forgot putting shock missiles on ganglia lol. But thanks for 8 heavy cannons

Krill...Happy mother's day lol.

I'm pitying the command carrier. It does not have anything besides engineer and carrier functions. Unless fighters can become good enough to bridge the gap between +1 tractor, +1 drone and +2 fighters vs +2 core weapons and +4 beams, it will probably not be used in avenues besides those carved in stone.

Overall, *hugg* to new K'Luth dreads.

[ This Message was edited by: Brahmastra on 2011-05-10 07:45 ]

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-05-10 08:03   
Quote:

On 2011-05-09 22:09, General Zod wrote:
With the beam buff though, the siphon could be pretty devastating. Does anyone know how much energy ELF steals from the target now? Does it even steal energy anymore?

not much, you get a bit of energy back.

Email Borgie
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-05-10 11:23   
I have almost nothing bad to say about any of the new kluth dreads. They're a lot more specialized now and their damage is awesome.

Why did the Ganglia lose it's shock missiles though? And is it intended that it's missile bays are all arcs?

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2011-05-10 12:09   
The ganglia is ultimately slated to have different missiles similar to shocks.

Email Sens [R33]
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-05-10 13:00   
And since that was the only thing that concerned me about the new layouts, I'm fully satisfied

(I don't have a modded Siphon so you won't be hearing from me about enhancements).

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-05-10 16:06   
Yes, all missiles on new K'luth layouts are placeholders. This includes the Stinger, the Ganglia and, once it goes in, the Hive. When the new K'luth missiles are ready, they'll replace the old ones without any other changes to the layout.

Email Jim Starluck
Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-05-10 18:37   
Alright, gentlemen, I'm looking into revising layouts for the Mandible and Siphon.

Here's what I've got at the moment:

Mandible

The Mandible is the lead Mantis class, a breed of K'luth warships of comparable size and power to human dreadnoughts. As is typical of K'luth designs it employs heavy beam and torpedo batteries to engage targets at close-range, but also carries mid-range weapons to soften its enemies up before striking the killing blow. The Mandible serves as the backbone of the K'luth Armada, and is often the most prominent heavy warship in their battle fleets.

Layout:
- 1x Antimatter Jump Drive
- 4x PIE Drive
- 7x Organic Armor ( 2 F, 2 P, 2 S, 1 A )
- 1x Cloaking Device
- 1x AHR

- 2x Full-arc Disruptor
- 4x Dual-arc Disruptor ( 2 FP, 2 FS )
- 2x Dual-arc Assault Disruptor ( 1 FP, 1 FS )
- 2x Dual-arc Stellar Incinerator ( 1 FP, 1 FS )
- 1x Fore-arc Stellar Incinerator
- 8x Dual-arc Heavy Psi Cannon ( 4 FP, 4 FS )
- 12x Dual-arc AM Torpedo ( 6 FP, 6 FS )

- 1x ECM
- 2x Auxiliary Reactor

Siphon

The Siphon is a heavy Mantis variant with a reinforced hull. It is significantly more durable than the Mandible and carries a heavier armament as well. Where the Mandible employs a variety of weapons the Siphon relies on antimatter torpedoes and heavy assault disruptors to rip its targets apart. To help feed the titanic energy needs of these weapons it also carries several ELF Beams to drain energy directly from its target, crippling its ability to fight back or flee. A brutal predator of a warship, the Siphon often backs up Mandible strike forces.

Layout:
- 1x Antimatter Jump Drive
- 4x PIE Drive
- 8x Organic Armor ( 3 F, 2 P, 2 S, 1 A )
- 1x Cloaking Device
- 1x AHR

- 2x Full-arc Disruptor
- 4x Dual-arc Disruptor ( 2 FP, 2 FS )
- 6x Dual-arc Assault Disruptor ( 3 FP, 3 FS )
- 4x Dual-arc ELF Beam ( 2 FP, 2 FS )
- 2x Fore-arc ELF Beam
- 2x Dual-arc Stellar Incinerator ( 1 FP, 1 FS )
- 12x Dual-arc AM Torpedo ( 6 FP, 6 FS )

- 1x ECM
- 1x Auxiliary Reactor

Thoughts?

Email Jim Starluck
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-05-10 18:55   
both ships seem to be very deadly ships. the extra 2 elf beams on the siphon will greatly help off set the beam load.

Email Borgie
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-05-10 19:22   
With this change the Siphon is clearly superior, whereas before the two ships played different.

I hope the change isn't because some don't want to deal with the headache of enhancements? Keep them as they are now, unique.

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-05-10 19:34   
chitius armor is out of the game then?

Shifcane
Grand Admiral
Anarchy's End

Posted: 2011-05-10 19:41   
So the Brood and Command Dread get a beef up. The command Carrier gets a few fighters and will not beable to stand up for its self?

my 2 cents.

GalaxyFalinzin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-05-10 19:47   
I liked the Beam siphon better, bring it back! Just because a couple people will lose weapon plexed siphons is no reason to change it's epic layout :S

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026212 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR