- Towel Day
05/25/24 +6.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Hellaciouss
15th - phoenixfyre
13th - Rain of Fire [O-XII]

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [Beta] Dreadnaught layouts
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
 Author [Beta] Dreadnaught layouts
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-05-24 20:22   
Multi core has been turned off for me since the day after it was added, I tried it for that first day then disabled it.

Did you have the camera focused on the planet while firing at it? It's hard to notice them blowing up in space a short distance away if you're focused on your ship, the only reason I even noticed it is I was firing at an ICC planet to see how much damage it did to planetary shields and had the camera focused on it just for the heck of it.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-05-24 21:29   
Thanks;

with new Shield rotation and reactive boons, Sensitivities tatics have taken to a whole new level of pwnership.

Lets just say, I can now take an AD, and kill a EAD flat out, without taking more than 10% armor damage.

(with extream measures your not hardly going to find outside of a few die hard pilots.)

I should also point out that this is in no way OP. (has a HUGE disadvantage) If devs wish to know my secret, ill spill it to them. Other than that, this is for my Fleet.

i do have a small question... Active shields are already 15% resistant to energy weapons. Are reactives an aditional 20% above this? (35%), or is it a measily 5% supiriority?

[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*XO* on 2011-05-24 21:36 ]

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-05-25 14:51   
Quote:
On 2011-05-24 06:28, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Take a Siphon and alpha an EAD, frontal. It takes 3 to 4 alphas to burn through. The AD would be hulled in 2 alphas. You won't be able to transfer shields fast enough to counter that.

That's why we've long known that ICC as a defensive faction is broken. By definition, the AD should be the toughest ship out there, even without rotating shields.

I bet you agree with me that the best defense is the best offense. EAD owns AD and Siphon. So we know what is the best defense ship.

Review:
- On the first round, ICC and KLuth has high regen; which forces UGTO has the strongest attack to counter that. Therefore AD and Siphon has to jump away.
- However on the second round, btw the AD and Siphon jumps back, EAD doesn't regen fast enough to keep up with health. So it loses.

Conclusion:
- With depots, UGTO is invincible, as all round are first round.
- Without depots, UGTO loses since the 2nd round.

Idea: instead of making shield and ahr & cloak so special, we can make all 3 factions all use armor with elements, like Water > Fire > Electric > Water etc...

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-05-25 14:57   
Beta May 24, 2011

AD holds its own against EAD.

ICC should be 100% happy with their ships. I know i am.

Even the border cruiser is useful now.

Hats off to jim and slash. Nice work guys.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-05 16:29   
K’luth 1.67 Gang review

Dreadnaught class missile ship.

8 Shroud missiles ensure that this ship puts out more dps at a greater range than a combat dreadnaught. This is only offset by the slow reload rate of the missile. The nature of shroud missiles, being stealth, assures a nearly 100% probability to hit any target its fired at. (save dodging)
Shroud missile range is 1500gu.

Overall the Gangs long range firepower is top notch.

8 psi cannons and 8 disrupters ensure that the gang is not lacking in medium to close range firepower either.

Overall the Gang can engage any ship at any range with its out load. (save dodging)

1AHR- ensures that any damage incurred on the field is dealt with. AHR no longer repairs armor at an insane rate, and overall the survivability of the siphon in toe to toe battles has been reduced.

Fast jump drive makes up for what the siphon lacks in AHR capabilities (I probably speak for all 1.67 K’luth dreads with this, but Gang is the only one I tested). It can use this to maintain a range between 1300gu and 1500gu from its intended target. Cloak ensures battlefield intelligence and positioning superiority.

My thoughts.

While the gang is not uncounterable, It is the last relic of the old 1.66 ships. A ship able to do many jobs. (able to engage at close, medium, long, and super long ranges) Id like to see it fall more in line with other ships of v1.67 and specialize in one role (ie all other missile ships have missiles nearly to the exclusion of all else).

End Report.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-05 16:40   
also, Testing has shown that ICC weapons Vs icc shields and armor, shields are weaker than our armor. (tests were FF from Strike Cruiser to Strike Cruiser, and Strike Cruiser to Heavy cruiser (HC shields and armor are both stronger than SC shields and armor)

Tests were with single weapon vollies fired on one shield facing, and one armor facing with shields off.

Overall shields seemed to be 30% weaker than armor. (again vs ICC weapons)

shield types tested include active and reactive.

testers;

Myself
Patience *TOA*
Brutality *RO*

we also tested CL from 45gu against shields and armor and Torpedos against shields and armor. Both tests showed shields to be weaker than armor.

from my understanding;

icc armor = ugto armor

Shields = 90% of armor HP

Shields get a +15% (or was it 10%) defencive bonus vs energy weapons.

Ion cannons are energy weapons.
Chem lasors are energy weapons.

With resistances, these two weapons should have done about the same ammounts of damage to sheilds and armor;

CL damgage to armor = CL damage to shield

IC damage to armor = IC damage to shield

This was not the case as we observed it.

**A second more controlled test is comming soon. (any number of factors could have scewed results here.**

I present this information as it was observed. This does not mean, that this is actualy how it is. More testing is needed. Results must be replicated.
[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*XO* on 2011-07-05 16:47 ]

MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-07-05 17:01   
remove the cannons from the ganglia, have it only fire 8 misisles

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-06 02:20   
I test Ganglia on EAD. I was out of energy on Ganglia after 7 alpha with Psionic missle and by that time, EAD was destroyed. UGTO dread didn't turn and didn't have PD on; and my Ganglia didn't move at all. Therefore I assume Ganglia would not archive anything IN TIME with Psionic before running out of energy. With Shroud, it took me 2 more alpha to destroy EAD but I have half energy left.

Psionic has limited ammunication and high energy draining due to its negative signature. However, we all know when the object reaches certain range, all ships detect it despite of its signature. So it doesn't a matter to detect the missle when it's out of PD range. Thus, I believe "negative signature" was over-estimated.

The gap between Psionic and Shroud is too narrow. I hope Psionic will suck less energy.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-08 18:49   
no thoughts on gang? So its ok for our missile/carrier ships to have missiles and fighters to the exclusion of all else while the gang retains Close medieum and long range offencive capabilities and supirior defense through cloak? reload drones in the form of AHR? faster JD? Invisible missiles?

no one finds issue with this?

Why not just give the darn thing a minning beam and build drones as well!

I only think it should loose the psi cannons. give it two ew in its place and another missile or two.

i dont mean to sound like a horses arse, but the gang when compared to other ships of 1.67 just dont fit in.

[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*XO* on 2011-07-08 19:19 ]

while im on the subject of beta, ICC has three cruisers handed to them at 1RA that are basicly the same thing. HC SC BC.

I think the HC should require nothing but 1RA to get. Reasoning is, its the most fogiving of the three to pilot.

The BC should also be a 1RA ship. Because it requires better management of shields, and its ew can be used to support fleet opperations. You should also need silver supply, and silver navigator (something along those lines)

The SC needs to join the AC as a VA ship. as the AC is a specialized close range ship, the SC is a specialized long range ship. The two complement eachother. Unlocking them at once, moves you from HC wich is good at long and close rage, to the SC > long range and the AC > short range.

This would make getting VA much more exiting for ICC,

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-07-08 19:42   
A few people have mentioned the Ganglia's over-effectiveness compared to the MD, and the fact that Shrouds do almost as much damage as the Human T3 missiles while being almost impossible to PD because of the innate negative sig.

But thinking about it, yeah, the Ganglia could stand to lose the cannons and get more missiles/beams to make it comparable in layout to the MD.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-07-08 21:12   
Missile damage is not final. I believe Drafell already has plans to lower the K'luth missile damage a tad.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-08 22:01   
i dont truley have a problem with its damage, i say that if i jump gangs face, it should have to run, not stare down my ship and eat it

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-08 23:33   
Quote:

On 2011-07-08 19:42, Talien wrote:
A few people have mentioned the Ganglia's over-effectiveness compared to the MD, and the fact that Shrouds do almost as much damage as the Human T3 missiles while being almost impossible to PD because of the innate negative sig.

But thinking about it, yeah, the Ganglia could stand to lose the cannons and get more missiles/beams to make it comparable in layout to the MD.

i wouldn't mind duplicating the MD's layout on the Gang. Multiple shroud missiles make for a nice bite.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-09 01:30   
Quote:

last time i played on beta, a ugto ss was able to shoot down all of the missles fired from my gang

Blackjack [DBL]
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-09 01:48   
Quote:

On 2011-07-09 01:30, NoBoDx wrote:
Quote:

last time i played on beta, a ugto ss was able to shoot down all of the missles fired from my gang

The thing is a ss has sensors which can spot missiles, the number of sensor ships is now few and far between... i killed a combat dessy in one salvo from the ganglia and killed a mandi while in an agincourt because it couldnt even see the fighters.

Names I used: Da Bes Loser, Perseverance, Loyalty.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019179 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR